It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WikiLeaks Launches Criminal Investigation ahead of Wednesday's Obama Visit to Sweden

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Virtual currency doesn't even compare. If you take that you remove the original. Hence the word take. Copying something doesn't remove the original. Also Manning had sworn an oath to protect the country from domestic threats. So he did exactly what he was supposed to do.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Virtual currency doesn't even compare. If you take that you remove the original. Hence the word take. Copying something doesn't remove the original. Also Manning had sworn an oath to protect the country from domestic threats. So he did exactly what he was supposed to do.

Data theft is data theft. You are obviously not in employment in a company where that counts for something. You might want to go away and study that. I think you are fairly ignorant of the law in this area so I'm sorry, you are just throwing in opinions not based on actual facts. Sorry, that's your call. If what you say is correct then Mr Manning wouldn't be languishing in a cell right now.

edit on 3-9-2013 by uncommitted because: removed the cheap shot because it was not fair play to someone so naive

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by uncommitted
Data theft is data theft.

Nope, as I have already explained. WL hasn't stolen anything.

You are obviously not in employment in a company where that counts for something. You might want to go away and study that.

You shouldn't make such assumptions. I stand by my word.

I think you are fairly ignorant of the law in this area so I'm sorry, you are just throwing in opinions not based on actual facts. Sorry, that's your call.

I have stated facts. If any fact I have stated is wrong feel free to correct me.

If what you say is correct then Mr Manning wouldn't be languishing in a cell right now.

How's that even relevant? He wasn't charged with only data theft.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by uncommitted
They hosted material that was stolen.

If there's even a grain of truth in what you are saying then explain this:
How come none of the 30+ full time workers of WL are in jail? Why aren't the volunteers who have the full material in jail? Why aren't any of the reporters who worked with WL with the materials in jail? I have the full uncensored material in my posession. Why am I not in jail? Explain that.

edit on 3/9/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommitted

You are forgetting the point of true journalism.

This from the Society of Professional Journalists in the United Staes -

.public enlightenment is the forerunner of justice and the foundation of democracy. The duty of the journalist is to further those ends by seeking truth and providing a fair and comprehensive account of events and issues. Conscientious journalists from all media and specialties strive to serve the public with thoroughness and honesty. Professional integrity is the cornerstone of a journalist's credibility.

At the end of the day it is within the peoples rights to know what the government do with the power they were given by the public that elected them.

Where are the charges against Wikileaks from the US? There has been an ongoing investigation against them but as yet no charges?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join