It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG! Even Glenn Beck is opposed to a war with Syria [VIDEO CONTAINS GRAPHIC CONTENT]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yes I know its Glenn "somebody give the man an academy" Beck. But ignoring the theatrics and getting to the facts he is spewing one cannot argue the logic behind what he is saying.

Essentially the video shows a leader of the so called "freedom fighters" or rebels cutting out the heart and liver of a dead Syrian soldier and eating his heart...yeah its messed up. And the argument he lays forth is these are the types of people the US Government are arming. Its known that the Muslim Brotherhood have ties to Al CIAda so why support them. Guess all those TRANS fats and high fructose sugary drinks have melted most Americans brains to the point they cant even think past yesterday to say...oh I dont know...Sep 11 2001. Which the official story was that AL CIAda was behind the attacks??

Yeah well you better wake the hell up and fast or else you are all going to be deep fried along with your fast food.

edit on 3-9-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Well I have to admit that GB doen't usually hold my attention too long being that he is usually "one sided" but in this issue I am in agreement with him.

I especially liked the line that our federal level of government is tryng to restrict/take US citizen's guns but are all too eager to arm the folks that are in that video.

Though I still have a nagging thought that even though he is chiming in that both sides of the aisle are "responsible" a lot of his viewers will think him wrong on this count and will continue to believe it is mostly coming from one side.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

Essentially the video shows a leader of the so called "freedom fighters" or rebels cutting out the heart and liver of a dead Syrian soldier and eating his heart...yeah its messed up. And the argument he lays forth is these are the types of people the US Government are arming.

Did you happen to research that incident before taking Glenn Beck's word for it?
It was covered on the forum and I will say without a doubt it is not what it looks like, in other words, Beck schooled you. He played the emotion card and dangled you around like a puppet. The same he does to all his fans...

Here is an earlier post I made on the subject:

here is

☃woman ☃one child ☃two child

Now, a bunch of Assad's soldiers is humiliating this woman and her two kids. Oh ya, the woman is naked. Lets say they are umm, idonno, spitting on them. Maybe throwing stones at the naked woman? Grabbing her boobies?

Who cares, she's humiliated.

Anyway the soldier who was doing the humiliating (and who knows what "humiliating" is in the Middle East, since they think "stoning" is a light punishment.)

Okay, now...

☃dead guy ☃rebel eating dead guy's heart.

Okay, so both the rebels and the guys humiliating the girl have been killing people.

But the second guy, the rebel, he saw the guy humiliating the naked woman (On the cell phone of the dead soldier). You know, calling her all bad names and that (?). Maybe pulled out his weewee and made some gestures.

Whatever it was, I didn't get the details entirely. But the story goes is that a rebel killed a soldier and found pictures on his cell phone of him mistreating a woman, so he got enraged and kano'd his heart.

english.ahram.org.eg...
edit on 3-9-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

It's hard to find the truth in the story on this one... As most of the sites I saw when the story first popped up that seemed to shed more light on the story have vanished, (and are replaced by "OMG Hannibal Lecture")

There was this comment I found:

According to some news reports today, the guy did it to a soldier who had photos on his phone of him raping women and children from this guy's village or family. I'm condoning what he did, but I can understand where he's coming from.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Essentially the video shows a leader of the so called "freedom fighters" or rebels cutting out the heart and liver of a dead Syrian soldier and eating his heart...yeah its messed up. And the argument he lays forth is these are the types of people the US Government are arming.

Did you happen to research that incident before taking Glenn Beck's word for it?
It was covered on the forum and I will say without a doubt it is not what it looks like, in other words, Beck schooled you. He played the emotion card and dangled you around like a puppet. The same he does to all his fans...

Oh trust me I am NOT a fan.

And to answer your question I didnt do research into the video. To be perfectly honest I couldnt care less if the video was photorealistic CGI. The US has no business sticking its god dam nose in other peoples affairs. And im sure if they gave crap about the poor the sick the feeble and the hopeless there are billions of other ways they can help and worse atrocities to stop. Just leave the middle east to the people there.

ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Let them sort it out. Fix your own dam economy you are a joke.

So regardless the sentiment still holds true. USA mind your own business and clean up your own mess. Assad is no angel but if the US is going to start policing the world there are far crazier people to teach lessons to. Why not attack North Korea??? Oh thats right they have a nuke and no oil and not bordering israel and not controlled by the CIA sponsored puppet.....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Here is an earlier post I made on the subject:

here is

☃woman ☃one child ☃two child

Now, a bunch of Assad's soldiers is humiliating this woman and her two kids. Oh ya, the woman is naked. Lets say they are umm, idonno, spitting on them. Maybe throwing stones at the naked woman? Grabbing her boobies?

Who cares, she's humiliated.

Anyway the soldier who was doing the humiliating (and who knows what "humiliating" is in the Middle East, since they think "stoning" is a light punishment.)

Okay, now...

☃dead guy ☃rebel eating dead guy's heart.

Okay, so both the rebels and the guys humiliating the girl have been killing people.

But the second guy, the rebel, he saw the guy humiliating the naked woman (On the cell phone of the dead soldier). You know, calling her all bad names and that (?). Maybe pulled out his weewee and made some gestures.

Whatever it was, I didn't get the details entirely. But the story goes is that a rebel killed a soldier and found pictures on his cell phone of him mistreating a woman, so he got enraged and kano'd his heart.

english.ahram.org.eg...

I dont care what the scenario was prior to the guy cutting out his heart. You have to be a psychopath to eat another persons heart. The symbolic connotations aside its a statement of brutality. Primitive un evolved people acting on base emotion.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Well, if you want to argue legitimacy of military operations in Syria, this blown out of proportion incident is not what should be headlining the argument.

On another note,
The world is one giant, realistic game of RISK. And letting Iran and Russia control Syria as a trading and military position on the map, is not how a winning player would set their chips. It may be inevitable that the US push Assad out, as it has been talked about since his dad died, and since they realized not only did Assad not have control of what's going on over there, but the little control he has is only benefit to US enemies or opposition.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Well, if you want to argue legitimacy of military operations in Syria, this blown out of proportion incident is not what should be headlining the argument.

On another note,
The world is one giant, realistic game of RISK. And letting Iran and Russia control Syria as a trading and military position on the map, is not how a winning player would set their chips. It may be inevitable that the US push Assad out, as it has been talked about since his dad died, and since they realized not only did Assad not have control of what's going on over there, but the little control he has is only benefit to US enemies or opposition.

Actually the point of this post was to illustrate that even a line towing minion like Beck has been instructed to dissuade against the strike. If dishonesty saves the lives of innocents then so be it. The US is its own worst enemy the players making the moves are idiots and have no foresight. Most people give the Elite way too much credit. These morons cant see past their own trivial grabs for power because of whatever insecurities propelled them to acquire the money and influence they have amassed in order to bring the world to its current state of decay.

Take a self contained bio organic environment and completely corrupt and pollute it.... yeah real skillful.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Actually the point of this post was to illustrate that even a line towing minion like Beck has been instructed to dissuade against the strike. If dishonesty saves the lives of innocents then so be it.

On the contrary, no one listens to the village idiot and even more, no one wants to be associated with them or their points of view.

You've just given a legion of people a closing statement.

"You sound like Glen Beck."

/Argument over

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
before any member here think some of our members are stupid....just look at what beck is paid to cater to the stupid that watch and listen to him
www.mediaite.com...
I guess there is a large demographic for the fearful and paranoid

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Glenn Beck comes off as a buffoon. And he makes $$ off fear. But he does get facts correct ... like his exposing the SOROS money connection and, in this case, he is correct that we shouldn't be going into Syria.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Actually the point of this post was to illustrate that even a line towing minion like Beck has been instructed to dissuade against the strike. If dishonesty saves the lives of innocents then so be it.

On the contrary, no one listens to the village idiot and even more, no one wants to be associated with them or their points of view.

/Argument over

That may be the case on planet "boncho" but I like to think independent of labels. Your reply has nothing to do with the my quoted comment and seems off topic.

I shall reiterate that regardless of the messenger the message is a valid one. The fact that you cant seem to grasp such a simplistic concept as that makes me wonder indeed. That message is a war in Syria has no benefit to the American people. Weapons manufacturers maybe but not the populace as a whole. But what do you care about that right?

Incidentally just because you say the argument is over doesn't mean it's over. It just means you need a way to back out of a corner you walked into.
edit on 3-9-2013 by TiM3LoRd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

ts known that the Muslim Brotherhood have ties to Al CIAda so

People need to END pushing this falsehood. Bin Laden created AQ, and Saudi Arabia is its largest sponsor., right along with other sunni arab countries.

People want to call it something call it Saudi's GIPda.

His elevation to chief of Saudi Arabia's vast intelligence network, and the unlimited funds it controls, Read more: www.upi.com...

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

Saudi Arabia now "has the opportunity to regain its leading role" in the region after it "subsided in favor of Iran and Turkey following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the U.S. invasion of Iraq," in 2003, observed political analyst Abdullah al-Shummari. Read more: www.upi.com...

This is why I am opposed to Syrian interventionism. It is because Saudi Arabia, and Iran don't have the balls to go at each other directly, and turn their homes in to wastelands.

They just do it to other people.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd

Oh trust me I am NOT a fan.

And to answer your question I didnt do research into the video. To be perfectly honest I couldnt care less if the video was photorealistic CGI. The US has no business sticking its god dam nose in other peoples affairs. And im sure if they gave crap about the poor the sick the feeble and the hopeless there are billions of other ways they can help and worse atrocities to stop. Just leave the middle east to the people there.

ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS. Let them sort it out. Fix your own dam economy you are a joke.

So regardless the sentiment still holds true. USA mind your own business and clean up your own mess. Assad is no angel but if the US is going to start policing the world there are far crazier people to teach lessons to. Why not attack North Korea??? Oh thats right they have a nuke and no oil and not bordering israel and not controlled by the CIA sponsored puppet.....

Amen!!!!! I happen to believe Beck on this one. I also believed my own lying eyes when i viewed Kerry eating dinner with Assad. I also believe my own lying eyes when I seen him use fake pics to further his and his Cousins and his friends War on Greed! So, for Bush-Obama caught lying and murdering... I believe my own lying eyes! I also believe we have no business in Middle Eastern affairs!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Common sense is so rare in ATS these days. Thank you for adding a balance of it to the site.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

/Argument over

This exactly! It's a sad testimony of how we humans screw ourselves with lack of logic. There's a huge difference between a person stating that some rebels are likely Al Qaeda and feeding Islamophobia and encouraging people to think all Muslims are Islamic extremists. I can almost hear the words coming out some of my friends and families mouths (we've been having very heated debates about Syria), when I try to point out that a lot of the rebel leaders are not nice men... "You sound like Glenn Beck".

My head is going to explode.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

/Argument over

This exactly! It's a sad testimony of how we humans screw ourselves with lack of logic. There's a huge difference between a person stating that some rebels are likely Al Qaeda and feeding Islamophobia and encouraging people to think all Muslims are Islamic extremists. I can almost hear the words coming out some of my friends and families mouths (we've been having very heated debates about Syria), when I try to point out that a lot of the rebel leaders are not nice men... "You sound like Glenn Beck".

My head is going to explode.
edit on 4-9-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

Seems this would be a good working hypothesis to run with. If someone had the time, energy and felt like putting in effort. I bet you could connect Beck's money coffer to people who are probably pushing for war right now. They ask him to up the buffoonery, "Lay it on real thick, more crazy, less normal, start putting swastikas on your forehead Glenn, tell them they need to support you and Assad, tell 'em we're planning to steal their children and then kill them in a false flag chemical attack, tell 'em vote no on war..."

And suddenly everyone is pro war..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I guess I didn't see this reply the last time I checked the thread, in any case seems like you misunderstood what I was saying.

Incidentally just because you say the argument is over doesn't mean it's over. It just means you need a way to back out of a corner you walked into.

I was saying "Argument over" as in the discussion we were having. I was pointing out the type of logic that would be used against you by agreeing with someone who publicly lies, acts crazy, manipulates people on broadcast TVRadio.

Where I said:

As soon as you bring up Beck as a supporting reference to your argument, they say "You sound like Glen Beck"

i.e. /argument over

It's a lost argument because it becomes more insulting than anything, and you are using a personality for supporting you and not facts or information.

(I should remind you when I say "you" I'm saying that in a generalized way.)

Even worse, because Beck's such a nut, even if your argument resembles him in any way, again, argument over.

That message is a war in Syria has no benefit to the American people. Weapons manufacturers maybe but not the populace as a whole. But what do you care about that right?

Many would disagree on this point too. Syria has strategic significance/importance, if it didn't, no one would be fighting over it.

It's a key region because of its borders and its a key threat to US foreign policy because of its allies. Russia and Iran have Syria by the balls and the US would like to interrupt it.

You have to state whether or not you are having a political or a moral argument because the two are nothing alike. And you should be able to look at it from both angles without emotion affecting your interpretation of the data. On one hand someone can argue the moral implications of the situation. And in the same breath argue the political implications and the two vary obviously.

(Again..."You" is a generalized term here.)

new topics

top topics

join