It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING Russia: Two 'Missiles' Fired In Mediterranean

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Guys really, Iran is to soon, it'l take another 2 years or so before they will go after Iran.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

Nope. Iran is very soon. Netanyahu said 8 months ago, with his little clipart bomb, that Iran was less than a year away from the nuke and they wouldn't let them get it. If they don't strike then they lose all credibility and can't. Iran is coming. That is Israels main focus and why they have been quiet on Syria. They don't want the public to be considering two wars.

I assure you, they will seize the day and get in Iran during thw fog of war with Syria. Iran by the way had sworn to support Syria which opens the door for strikes on Iran. So that combined with the nuke Israel says is imminent.. bet on it.
edit on 3-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Senduko

It depends on what Iran does if we attack Syria.

If Iran gets involved, Israel will go after Iran I am betting.

This could seriously turn into something much larger very quickly if:

A) Iran gets involved militarily
B) US ships are sunk by "someone" while off the coast of Syria (which I kind of suspect could/might happen in some sort of surprise attack)
C) Russia attempts to protect Syria
D)Israel jumps the gun and attacks Syria or Iran on it's own

and many more possibilities.....

this all makes me paranoid...lol

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
At this point the USA and Allies have lost all credibility in the world, Even their lapdog Britain ( sorry Brits ) is getting it paws of this Alliance in Attacking Syria.

They can't attack and keep their 'moral highground" afterwards. The USA will only attack if it can disguise its actions as pure and for peace and whatnot.

At this point there is to much blabla and protest to make them go full throttle, I will say at this point. Chances are they have a few propaganda stories up their sleeve.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Who has scud missiles in the area?
(Any American missile wouldn't land in water, to expensive and they are highly accurate)
...makes you wonder...

Hmmmm.....

edit on 3-9-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

Unless of course they aborted them. I'm fairly confident 90% of the western powers can abort their missiles. It's part of the evolution of warfare. Change your mind about blowing the ever living # out of something you can just dump in the ocean.

Where's Zaphod.?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by Phantasm

Kind of a scary thought with ballistic missiles.

Glad it was just a test of something else.

You start seeing ballistic missiles being fired off and it is duck and cover time.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

You seem to have the cold war notion that Russia fully embraces and wishes for Mutually assured destruction. I think you have them mistaken for another country. Starts with a U ends in Emerka.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

I'd be the first one to admit I am still stuck in the 80's and have a cold war paranoia thing going...lol

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

These missiles now confirmed to be a joint Missile test by the US and Israel.

Can you believe this !!!! How provocative is this to start letting off missiles today what with all the massed naval hardware sitting off the coast of Syria . This is a deliberate action timed to add to the tension already in the region, perhaps in hope that Syria might fire first thus providing an excuse for retaliation.

Make no mistake Israel will ensure this war will happen and happen soon. Never forget ... What Israel wants.. Israel gets...!!!!

Good luck everybody ... Bunkers and fallout shelters all well stocked !!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Israeli missile test raises tension amid Syria crisis www.cbc.ca...

edit ..already in the thread ...I hadn't gone through all the posts ..sorry
edit on 3-9-2013 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Senduko
At this point the USA and Allies have lost all credibility in the world, Even their lapdog Britain ( sorry Brits ) is getting it paws of this Alliance in Attacking Syria.

eXCWOOZEME??

Lap doG!!

It looks like it's you who have just lost the moral high ground.... highly condescending and completely incorrect. Obviously you have misunderstood what it means to have an alliance.

Korg.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by aLLeKs

I can't imagine what happened there. Maybe someone on an US ship got nervous and pressed the wrong button?

Actually this could be possible tensions are very high.

According to one news line i just heard, the Israeli's have said they did not launch anything and they have not detected anything and the Russians have said it looks like these "objects" have fell into the sea.

the israelies would not tell you one way or the other

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

It is pretty crazy, but if you look at what the ARROW system is designed for it makes sense as a test target. Certainly a lot moreso than any kind of sea-level target. The reports of debris falling into the sea are interesting since that's essentially what the ARROW was designed to eliminate, following the less-than-successful Patriot intercepts of Scuds over Saudi Arabia and Israel during the first Gulf conflict.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Let's step back a second. This wasn't a missile test. It was a missile defense test. I agree that the timing leaves something to be desired but it does make sense.

The US has been threatening Syria with an attack as a means of punishing the regime for using Chemical attacks. As a result of this threat, Israel has been threatened with an attack. Israel cannot do anything pre-emptive and Israel cannot strike back without major implications so Israel has their missile defense system. As a means of showing the nations threatening her that their defense system is pretty freaking good, they test it.

Again, timing wise, it makes sense but it also takes an already on edge region and pushes them closer to the brink.

Necessary and naughty.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Senduko

Nope. Iran is very soon. Netanyahu said 8 months ago, with his little clipart bomb, that Iran was less than a year away from the nuke and they wouldn't let them get it. If they don't strike then they lose all credibility and can't. Iran is coming. That is Israels main focus and why they have been quiet on Syria. They don't want the public to be considering two wars.

I assure you, they will seize the day and get in Iran during thw fog of war with Syria. Iran by the way had sworn to support Syria which opens the door for strikes on Iran. So that combined with the nuke Israel says is imminent.. bet on it.
edit on 3-9-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

Jesse's, Israel have been claiming that Iran have been moths away since 2004.

Dont anyone ever Catch on?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Well, this situation showed me 3 things:

A) Our Navy is being watched very closely right now.
B) Our boys in the Navy ARE willing to fight for Al Qaeda if asked.
C) Our leaders are F**KING crazy!! And possibly mentally handicap.

After reading the report, I'll strike A and B.
But C still stands.
edit on 3-9-2013 by Chickensalad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
would any gov waste 2 ballistics on a test? they have lauched thousands they know they work
would you expect 2 of them to fail? I doubt it
could they have been jammed or shot down? probably
who has that technology iran or Russia? probably

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Let's step back a second. This wasn't a missile test. It was a missile defense test. I agree that the timing leaves something to be desired but it does make sense.

The US has been threatening Syria with an attack as a means of punishing the regime for using Chemical attacks. As a result of this threat, Israel has been threatened with an attack. Israel cannot do anything pre-emptive and Israel cannot strike back without major implications so Israel has their missile defense system. As a means of showing the nations threatening her that their defense system is pretty freaking good, they test it.

Again, timing wise, it makes sense but it also takes an already on edge region and pushes them closer to the brink.

Necessary and naughty.

Well said.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Israel hasn't done anything pre-emptive?

www.globalresearch.ca...
articles.washingtonpost.com...

edit on 3-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

They are sabre rattling and yes, it is stupid beyond reasoning. The US did the same thing with North Korea months ago when joint US/SK forces performed "practice" bombing runs in NK aerospace and that was one of the events that provoked Un. We're a bully, plain and simple.

edit on 3/9/13 by WhiteAlice because: coffee creates clarity

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
After reading through this thread and consuming a massive amount of coffee, my brain is running wild now. I want to present my hypothesis, and I would like to get replies and opinions here.

To me, the surface-to-surface "We were running a test!" story screams cover-up. Same as the death of Osama Bin Laden. Pics or it didn't happen.

Not a crappy obvious photo-chopped pic, either. Real deal. Pics. Witnesses. Videos.

None of these exist here. Only differing and conflicting news articles.

That alone should be a red flag, indicating that the information is being tweaked and bent on various directions, and that someone is doing something secretive.

After seeing the evidence and articles in this thread, I see that the "objects" were Ballistic Missiles. These things would not be used in a test for destroying something in the ocean. They're way to powerful and high-tech. They are designed to destroy satellites for strategic military purposes. That's not coming from me, either. I'm not an expert. I am quoting Wikipedia.

Anti-satellite weapons (ASAT) are designed to incapacitate or destroy satellites for strategic military purposes. Currently, only the United States, the former Soviet Union, and the People's Republic of China are known to have developed these weapons.

Interesting... this would make America and Russia the two primary suspects here, seeing as China doesn't really have a dog in this race.

And of course Israel would be working with America on this one. They're buddies.

In the late 1950s the U.S. Air Force started a series of advanced strategic missile projects under the designation Weapon System WS-199A. One of the projects studied under the 199A umbrella was Martin's Bold Orion air-launched ballistic missile (ALBM) for the B-47 Stratojet, based on the rocket motor from the Sergeant missile. Twelve test launches were carried out between 26 May 1958 and 13 October 1959, but these were generally unsuccessful and further work as an ALBM ended. The system was then modified with the addition of an Altair upper stage to create an anti-satellite weapon with a 1100-mile (1700-km) range. Only one test flight of the anti-satellite mission was carried out, making a mock attack on the Explorer 6 at an altitude of 156 miles (251 km). To record its flight path, the Bold Orion transmitted telemetry to the ground, ejected flares to aid visual tracking, and was continuously tracked by radar. The missile successfully passed within 4 miles (6.4 km) of the satellite, which would be suitable for use with a nuclear weapon, but useless for conventional warheads

Suitable for a nuclear weapon, but useless for conventional warheads... that gives me chills, for some reason. Nuclear stuff is never good.

And... that these missiles were "tested" right after this brewing war with Syria spawned, and that the article says "strategic military purposes," tells me this is all too convenient for the cover stories being told to be factual. Someone is playing something dirty. This political war dance is a poker game, folks. Always be wary of the sleight-a-hand tactic. And always trust your instincts. You know when someone is lying. Media or not.

And look here...

.... and during the Starfish Prime test in 1962 the EMP from a 1.4 Mt warhead detonated over the Pacific damaged three satellites and also disrupted power transmission and communications across the Pacific. Further testing of weapons effects was carried out under the DOMINIC I series. An adapted version of the nuclear armed Nike Zeus was used for an ASAT from 1962. Codenamed Mudflap, the missile was designated DM-15S and a single missile was deployed at the Kwajalein atoll until 1966 when the project was ended in favour of the USAF Thor-based Program 437 ASAT which was operational until 6 March 1975.

These missiles can be used as EMPs.

So who's gonna be EMP-nuked?

Syria's the hot target right now, right?

I'd also like to point out that I caught a massive, unusual storm in the middle of the night/morning here in America, somewhere around the time of this event. It startled me... it nearly knocked out my power a couple times. The lightning was frantic and unusual... if anything affected our ionosphere, especially anything nuclear or EMP-related, some of us certainly saw an aftermath. A video of the storm can be seen on my facebook page,

HERE

Pretty strange, ATS?

Apparently, whoever controls these missiles has some kind of control over where they will end up, and as a previous poster stated, they are designed to control where the debris goes too, in order to avoid debris-related accidents, like what happened during the Gulf War.

This was not a test run, or a surface-encounter.

This was a chess move, made while the other player was looking away.

Now remember, if something strange and unexplainable happens later that the media will present as unrelated to this missile topic, remember... I called it.

edit on 3-9-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join