It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Unknown Object Detected Above Australia.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

At what point during the footage did you see that?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed
I don't like night-vision or IR "UFO" footage. Reason: EVERYTHING looks "spectacular" in night vision. A bird even may light up like a Klingon space-ship, let alone planes etc. People see all kinds of stuff and then make claims not realizing that ordinary things can look extremely bright and odd filmed in night vision.

The first 10 minutes with a Gen 3A night vision goggle set is an exhilarating experience.
One has to keep their rational thinking cap on, as every bug, faint satellite and bat casts some sort of luminescence signature. Plus, there are old Soviet defunct, bus sized satellites tumbling in decaying orbits which look like they are 'pulsating' and wobbling, that add to the fun. A couple hucksters are out on the road capitalizing off this 'newbie' vulnerability. Some bugs and dragonflies 80 ft up move at a surprisingly fast clip, and can give you a moment of pause. A general rule is to have zero light emissions from your proximity skyward as every creature which moves overhead will reflect this light signature back down at you, especially dragonflies - they are uber-reflectors.

Additionally the atmosphere is not a perfect transparent mechanism, rather contributes a fish-eye lens effect which can artificially refract the apparent trajectory of a satellite as it moves toward the horizon, when combined with a movement into the umbra of the Earth, can make it seem like the light 'turned and then shot into space' when it was nothing but a normal pass by a satellite. As well, two satellites can appear to fly in 'tandem' and their relative motion can make it appear as if one or the other of them 'changed course.'

If you notice in this video, the 'triangular' object passes right by a star which never is occulted by the apparent structure, demonstrating that the triangle actually is not structure, rather a dispersion halo.

I just fail to see why this observation should cause this much excitement.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
"...can make it seem like the light 'turned and then shot into space' when it was nothing but a normal pass by a satellite..."

good comment.

In my experience the witness report "it sudden;ly ZOOMED away and vanished" is an instinctive interpretation of a perception of the object's brightness suddenly dropping to zero [or its angular size dropping to zero], is IF it had zoomed straight-line AWAY from the viewer. Whenever I hear or read this, the critical follow-on question must be the object's angular history as it zoomed away, as in, in what direction was it headed? Clarification usually follows -- 'Directly away from me, super fast." That nails it as a probable brightness effect, not an actual physical motion effect.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hah, he just went on a deleting and banning spree.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by raymundoko
Hah, he just went on a deleting and banning spree.

And proud OF it, too....

Lou20764 31 minutes ago

Not putting up with a organized attack by trolls anymore - I just took out the garbage and I feel good about it. If some of you want to belive this was a Chinese rocket - Fine.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
After watching the video, it came to my mind that judging by light pattern of the object, its probably triangle and / or diamond shaped..... i immediately remembered a picture.....alleged Space-Plane by Lockheed-Martin

space plane s7.postimg.org...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Maybe the Aliens have found out the Melbourne Storm have been rorting the Salary Cap again, and decided to come and punish them properly.........

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

bia111
After watching the video, it came to my mind that judging by light pattern of the object, its probably triangle and / or diamond shaped..... i immediately remembered a picture.....alleged Space-Plane by Lockheed-Martin

space plane s7.postimg.org...

Are you thinking of the TR-3B Aurora?

2nd line

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Over at Youtube, Lou has purged impure thoughts of Chinese satellites, but he continues to provide more eyewitness testimony that unwittingly further strengthens the satellite explanation.

• Theburrowingid @ 50 minutes ago
Awesome stuff. What is your estimate of speed?

Reply •
• Lou20764 @ 13 minutes ago
Not too sure, but I would say one third of the ISS -( which I think is about 17.5 thousand miles per hour) - so rough estimate 6 to 10 thousand mph - Man I am no expert on trajectories

• in reply to Theburrowingid

This is exactly what would be expected, since the ISS orbits at about 420 km and the Chinese satellites were at 1100 km. The absolute orbital speed is somewhat slower at the higher orbit due to a slight dimunition of the force of gravity, but the overwhelming difference in OBSERVED speed -- and angular rate is all that can be reliably estimated, in the absence of knowledge of actual range -- is just a function of greater absolute distance.

It's purely linear. Something moving at the same speed but twice as far away looks to be going at half the 'speed' as the closer object.

All other things being equal [and some adjustment would be required for differences in elevation angle because that would affect the slant range] something 1100 km would be observed moving about 420/1100 the speed of something orbiting at 420 km.

Do the math in your head for practice. That's a ratio of 0.382.

Now compare with Lou's recollection that the UFO [and since he's contacting MUFON, yes he DOES consider it a UFO] was moving at about a third the speed of the ISS. He actually said "6 to 10 thousand mph", which is the range of 0.34 to 0.56, nicely bracketing the theoretical ratio FOR THE CHINESE SATELLITE.

But when he converts that to absolute velocity, you can see how he confirms his modest comment that he does not know much about trajectories. That's evident since he assumes both objects were at the same altitude/range, an assumption totally unjustified based on any observation he made.

But once you decide WHAT some mysterious light is, you can be expected -- it's human nature -- to force-fit the observations to validate your assumptions. Lou is a good example of an intelligent, diligent, dedicated investigator, and of the thought processes that can lead even such witnesses astray.
edit on 5-9-2013 by JimOberg because: more math

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I would say on face value it is the TR-3B
Aurora.
I think this Lou with the footage is a knucklehead for deleting people trying to explain it.
I would want to believe it was a UFO. But you got to make sure all other empirical evidence is ruled out first!
edit on 6-9-2013 by Epsillion70 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epsillion70
I would say on face value it is the TR-3B
Aurora.
I think this Lou with the footage is a knucklehead for deleting people trying to explain it.
I would want to believe it was a UFO. But you got to make sure all other empirical evidence is ruled out first!
edit on 6-9-2013 by Epsillion70 because: (no reason given)

fake as #

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Lou made a rookie mistake. He gave the correct date, time and heading. So it wasn't hard for anyone with common sense to figure out it was a Chinese rocket launch.

The problem I have is that I believe Lou knew all along what it was and that's why he kept his cameras rolling for 20-30 minutesafter the ISS had passed by.

As I said in my comment (just like others posted here) on you-tube that the channel user blocked, this type of clear misinformation and fakery hurts the real UFO movement more than any shill, hard core skeptic ever could.

Anyway his response to me was very childish and doesn't need repeating here.

But like I care that I can't look at his other fake videos on his channel. Oh No!
What will I ever do!!!

Great catch by Gortex and others here.

btw- add me to the Banned Brotherhood Club.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Nola213

My wife got banned too
We can't let women in though, that would just be wrong. Boyz only.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Lou made a rookie mistake. He gave the correct date, time and heading. So it wasn't hard for anyone with common sense to figure out it was a Chinese rocket launch.

The problem I have is that I believe Lou knew all along what it was and that's why he kept his cameras rolling for 20-30 minutesafter the ISS had passed by.

I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt, since nobody knew at the time that the Chinese satellite had even been launched. Apparently it is his MO to leave cameras running and then fast-scan them later. He says his eyeballing this one was just luck.

He did provide, and continues to provide, critical data, absent from most reports, which helps with finding the explanation. I gotta give him credit for it.

I don't know how much he makes off the ads, but the presence of ads on UFO sites is consistent with what has become known as 'Oberg's First Principle of UFO Program Commercial Messages": advertisers LOVE to buy time on shows that will tend to attract viewers with diminished capacity in critical thinking, who will, in other words, believe ANYthing.

Lou has painted himself into a corner on this, but out of respect for his genuine observational talents AND thoroughness in reporting, I gotta cut him a lot of slack. Enthusiasm fuels the engines of investigation, and the output of such engines needs to be considered independent of the kind of input that originally drove the engines.

He can't betray his target audience, and he clearly enjoys -- as he deserves to -- the earned admiration. There's no reason to humiliate him, it's the LAST way to change his mind, and his dedication to data collection needs preserving. He just needs to be reminded that if his own actions make that data reportage suspect as deceptive, even by omission, it's worse than even him doing nothing at all.

These kinds of stories, and the eyewitness accounts of people who were honestly miscued by their perceptual processes, are immensely important. I can forgive and forget a LOT of the nitty-gritty details of the process of delivering such data.

Some of the more mean-spirited posters in the comments that Lou has chosen to let remain, however, no such slack.
edit on 6-9-2013 by JimOberg because: typos

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Everyone is trashing lou it makes me feel theres still hope for humanity sometimes anyway.Here your mentioned in this video you created a whole conflict and lou is catching heat.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

He should post that as a video response.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Woah. I have seen a lot of UFO videos this year, and this one seems the most intriguing so far
The dude behind the camera seems really excited also, judging from his breathing

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
more critical coverage:
badufos.blogspot.com...

badufos.blogspot.com... ed-by.html

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Lou has found a friend...

www.youtube.com...

UFO Planet - Ep 58 - UFO sightings over Australia, USA, UK and France, Guest Janine Murray
Published on Sep 5, 2013
Take a journey into the unknown with Darin Crapo and examine UFO sightings
over Babylon, NY, USA; Brightin, Ontario, Canada; Monaco, France; Phoenix,
NY, USA; Shropshire, England, UK; Yorba Linda, california, USA; Blame it On
Canada Space News and Special Guest Janine Murray from Melbourne, Australia
joins Darin to discuss two sightings from down under.

in the comments, Darin Crapo mentioned Lou's critics.

7 pm cdt sep 6

• rottweiler1211 13 hours ago
Great episode Darin the triangular aircraft carrier sized ufo blew my
mind...What kind of energy could keep? something of that mass afloat with no
sound? Anyways I can't wait for the 4u2ctv.com chat room to be up and
running! Have a good weekend -Derek Kalb Peoria,IL

Darin Crapo 2 hours ago
Hi rottweiler1211 (Derek) ... that video is very popular online and appears
to be attracting the trolls in waves... oh hey bud.. the chat room was added
today at 4U2Ctv and I will be picking a time where viewers can come chat
with me and the others involved in UFO Planet at specific times each week. I
am looking forward? to meeting and chatting directly with viewers.

I left a comment rebuking Darin for the weekly program's omitting all mention of the Chinese rocket explanation. I called it a coverup.

Darin deleted the comment but sent me a personal message:

JamesOberg ... cover up? What is your evidence for an assanine comment like
that? So let me get this right, if people don't buy into your "theory" then
we are involved in a cover-up? I agree with Lou deleted who comments from
trolls... if more channel operators were like that we could eliminate trolls
from the internet once and for all. JamesOberg... to be blunt.. sometimes it
is best to let the world think you are an a$$hole rather than opening your
mouth and removing all doubt!

So now Lou has a friend!!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Got myself banned from another youtube comment site -- Darin Crapo's. :Life is sweet.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join