It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Unknown Object Detected Above Australia.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Oberg, you know too much! This is OBVIOUSLY an alien spacecraft, as per the squiggly lines seen at approximately 0:00 and 11:06
edit on 3-9-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Weather Balloon? Boy Scouts?

Seriously???

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
my mum has told me some pretty chilling ufo encounters from when she was younger and driving across the nullabour multiple times a year, encounted some really crazy ufo stuff out there.

she showed me photos of one where the car went dead in the middle of nowhere and they could hear a strange hissing sound. they got out and there was a red mark on the roof like something had melted it.

i'll have to try and find the photos i didn't believe her until she showed me and i was like WTF is that.

been across a few times myself now and it is very errie!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well, Lou's site on youtube has shown ME.

at 10:24 pm cdt

You've been blocked by the owner of this video or a moderator.

I'm so mortified I feel like defenestrating myself. .

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

heh.
Like it's never happened to you before.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Well i guess that confirms the question i asked earlier he knew what it was and purposefully tried to deceive people.He removed my post as well he doesnt want people to know what it is so he can bask in the glory of his amazing non UFO footage. whagt a world we live in seems like people enjoy being fooled.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

............consider it a compliment.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I wonder what might be the reaction to non-barred buddies who went over to youtube and asked the meaning of it, politely and gently? My earlier posts do not appear to have been touched. It really MIGHT be some administrator's knee-jerk action....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

You mean like
"Jim Oberg says that he has been blocked from commenting? Is this true? Was it done by a moderator? Any idea why?"

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Like they wouldn't ban you too.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

We'll know soon enough.

edit on 9/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Oh Good! I'll stay up if you're coming back.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I spoke too soon, all but one of my posts were deleted. Fortunately I saved copies.

Some messages such as this suggest that a post can be deleted by voting:

• Reply • in reply to Tarzan Hedgepeth (Show the comment)

Tarzan Hedgepeth 9 hours ago
This comment has received too many negative votes
Also, your account kickinbackinOC, reminds me of looking directly up at the parking lot lights at walmart....... but then I realized, that must be what it is to look up at the bottom of rocket boosters. That would explain the severe brightness, the fact that it was so high up and yet so bright (produced its own light), and seemed to be moving so slowly (because it was headed "up). You saw a rocket launch into space.
Reply • in reply to kickinbackinOC (Show the comment)
• Comment removed
Author withheld
Reply • in reply to Tarzan Hedgepeth

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BellaSabre

We're talking about the youtube channel. Right?
Not ATS.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Ah. I guess his subscribers can't handle the truth.

It'll be interesting to see if I get an answer anyway.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Here are the comments I replied to, and what I said.

As of now, all my responses are gone.

 Derek Redden 42 minutes ago
With all the views I am hoping that some qualified professional would willing donate his time to authenticate this video since it is getting so much attention.
Reply •
o
JamesOberg 1 second ago
Done. It is an authentic video of the standard post-insertion fuel dump from a just-launched Chinese space booster in high orbit, lit by the sun. These are seen a few times a year around the world but require an accidental convergence of a number of independent factors. The orbital path of the rocket and its three deployed satellites can easily be computed and it passes over Melbourne at the right time, in the right direction, at the right angular rate. QED.

============

o kickinbackinOC 4 hours ago
Higher? Like at 1100 km?
The ISS typically orbits at 1400 miles, occasionally to a very low 400 miles. The 1100 km you mention in another post is about 683 miles. The ISS is usually orbiting higher than that. Unless it was at or near LEO.
Reply • in reply to JamesOberg (Show the comment)

JamesOberg 1 hour ago
Thanks for the details about your reasoning, Kick, it helps identify the errors you think are true, that have misled you. The ISS has never orbited anywhere close to 1400 miles, it's highest orbit has been in the 260 mile range. Check this out, and then re-think your conclusion, please.

=======

o kickinbackinOC 4 hours ago
There may be some similarities between what I saw and a rocket launch.
But I would not have seen a long dark cylinder body of the craft between the "rocket boosters", as you put it. There are other problems with that explanation, such as trajectory, location, lack of exhaust trail, etc, etc. It wasn't a rocket launch.
Reply • in reply to Tarzan Hedgepeth (Show the comment)

JamesOberg 1 hour ago
kick, perhaps you have the wrong mental picture of what a rocket AFTER launch should look like. It's already in orbit. It's venting surplus fuel. The cloud is sunlit. The three satellites on board have been deployed. What is it about the description that a Chinese rocket from Jiuquan half an hour earlier would NOT look like?

====

 Derek Redden 2 hours ago
Nice that you brought this up but I don't think that is what Lou recorded.
Reply • in reply to JamesOberg (Show the comment)
o
JamesOberg 1 second ago
Fair enough. But the Chinese objects were crossing the skies of Melbourne at the same, time, in the same direction, and at the same orbital rate as this object -- why do you suppose Lou did NOT see them, but did see this 'other' object?

====

• kickinbackinOC 3 hours ago
There may be some similarities between what I saw and a rocket launch.
But I would not have seen a long dark cylinder body of the craft between the "rocket boosters", as you put it. There are other problems with that explanation, such as trajectory, location, lack of exhaust trail, etc, etc. It wasn't a rocket launch.

Sorry if any ambiguity and lack of clarity led to creating a misunderstanding. I never meant to suggest this was a rocket BEING launched. That happened over China half an hour earlier. In my interpretation, this shows that rocket stage coasting in orbit, spewing leftover fuel, with its deployed triplet of payloads close by.

10:24 pm cdt

==========

• Michel M. Deschamps 9 minutes ago
Amazing footage, Lou! Any intelligent person can see that this object is moving much slower than satellites or the ISS...and it does not have the same configuration or appearance.
I've had many sightings, myself, since 1974...so I know you got something truly unknown. Well done!
Check out my historical website: noufors.com
One of two historical UFO websites in Canada.
Take care
By the way, Skepi-bunker James Oberg is wrong about this...Space Shrapnel, my ass!!!

Would you believe 'space swamp gas'? Actually, if the fuel components include methane, that might not be entirely a joke. But 'shrapnel'? Never suggested that.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Picked off one by one.
That doesn't sound like "voting". That sounds quite intentional.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by A-star
Hey look! TR3B in all its glory...

Its slower than ISS so it has to be in a higher orbit...
Its brighter than ISS so it has to be bigger...

Or its lower and flying in the atmosphere...

Its clearly triangular and the lightsource is in the middle, perfect match to the elusive Tier 3 B plattform.

Just sayin...

Your right this cant be the space station by NASA here how it looks like.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Yep. I just left there. No response to your post. But now, I'm thinking they didn't know Jim was Jim, as I wouldn't have known you -- had I not known what you were going to say.

That guy doesn't want a bunch of agitators leaving comments. You're both agitators!

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Your right this cant be the space station by NASA here how it looks like.

You're right too! It isn't the ISS.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join