It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Unknown Object Detected Above Australia.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

hardly not. go have a look at some more photos.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
In some of the footage it almost looks like the majority of the light is from the exhaust of a rocket ahead of it. I checked online for possibilities but couldn't find any launches of rockets at that time. It could be military or any other country, we have limited access to most things on the net that deal with military stuff. It doesn't really look that much like an iridium flair to me, but then again I could be wrong. I've only seen a flair once in real life and it did not look triangle shaped..
edit on 3-9-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Look up Iridium Flares, I think you'll find your answers there. This is a textbook example of an Iridium Satellite.
edit on 3-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

I have seen iridium flares and that video looks nothing like it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
In some of the footage it almost looks like the majority of the light is from the exhaust of a rocket ahead of it. I checked online for possibilities but couldn't find any launches of rockets at that time. It could be military or any other country, we have limited access to most things on the net that deal with military stuff. It doesn't really look that much like an iridium flair to me, but then again I could be wrong. I've only seen a flair once in real life and it did not look triangle shaped.. ]

Please share with us the date and time, i'm sorry i can't find it on this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

In some of the footage it almost looks like the majority of the light is from the exhaust of a rocket ahead of it. I checked online for possibilities but couldn't find any launches of rockets at that time. It could be military or any other country, we have limited access to most things on the net that deal with military stuff. It doesn't really look that much like an iridium flair to me, but then again I could be wrong. I've only seen a flair once in real life and it did not look triangle shaped.. ]

Please share with us the date and time, i'm sorry i can't find it on this thread.

I couldn't find any launches at a little after 5 am on the 2nd of September. I got that from the first part of the video I think, it was in white writing.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

I couldn't find any launches at a little after 5 am on the 2nd of September. I got that from the first part of the video I think, it was in white writing.

I presume that's Melbourne time zone?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Could it be this ?

Edit
Not this as the times don't match .

Edit 2
Or perhaps they do

edit on 3-9-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
If the sighting was at about 1930 GMT on Sept 1, moving from NW to SE, I might have a candidate ID.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Beutiful

Perhaps they will not let another war begin
Just in time

Or perhaps they have lost all hopes now.. and came to make a hard reset

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ormuz
my question to you Arken is what time of the day/night was this footage taken so i can also be more mindful of external activity within the Australian skies ....

Muzz

You didn't watch where at the start it tells you what tour asking?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Look up Iridium Flares, I think you'll find your answers there. This is a textbook example of an Iridium Satellite.
edit on 3-9-2013 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

I did do what you said....

Pics of Iridium Flares

Each web-site and pic I've seen look nothing like whats in this video. In the video it appears to be triangular... In your requested flares it looks to be a streak... A long streak. I just wonder where you seen the similarity?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Gortex was right the first time. When the correct time zones are calculated, the sighting followed the Chinese launch by half an hour, perfect.

Attaboys to Gortex.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
iridium flare
If thats what you believe it to be but why is it ATS members seem to put more effort into proving a poster wrong than to try and prove right. If it can't be proven its fake yet by trying to prove wrong ends in the origional topic lost in a list of replies? Come on man.
Ag
edit on 3-9-2013 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

I have no clue which time zone it was in. I was looking for anything on the second of September, no rocket launches seemed to be showing up anywhere that I could find. I don't think there is a rocket heading to the space station to deliver supplies is there? I read somewhere that a delivery was postponed for some reason a couple of days ago. I remember when all articles had dates at the top on when they were written, they don't seem to always do that anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Thank you for sharing!

I can't believe this, I live in Melbourne and actually had my telescope out last night due to the close orbit of Jupiter and Venus. I am shattered because I didn't see either the ISS or this object. It could be massive!

It would be hard to ascertain the exact altitude but if say, it was the same as the ISS, it would be enormous. It was high enough for the sun to be reflecting off of it.

Its hard to be sure but if the camera was facing the same direction as when the ISS went over, it seems to be in a counter synchronous orbit to the ISS.

Nice find dude and kudos to the owner of the clip!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
iridium flare
If thats what you believe it to be but why is it ATS members seem to put more effort into proving a poster wrong than to try and prove right. If it can't be proven its fake yet by trying to prove wrong ends in the origional topic lost in a list of replies? Come on man.
Ag
edit on 3-9-2013 by jazz10 because: (no reason given)

The satellite flares I have seen are either almost like a streak or a fuzzy oblong nut shaped cloud. Sometimes one will get brighter for a short time then dull, I suppose it is because of something in the atmosphere. A triangle shaped usually made by a rocket engine usually, I do not know if it is made by any special airforce jets at all.

I'm sure a flare in that shape could possibly be from a satellite, I just haven't seen one or verified pictures of one in that shape yet.

My wife and I saw when the Russians were burning up their fuel in their space lab to burn it up in reentry. That was neat, it was ziggzagging through the sky.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

You're right on point. Either a master-reset or "rescue". Let's wait until october 1:th and see for ourselves. There is for sure a lot of things going on right now.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wonder how many people here who are commenting that it is a rocket actually bothered to watch the whole video?

You see there is one huge problem with the rocket theory, the object travels backwards at one point, and also moves sideways, and booster rockets just don't do that...

Please watch all the way through the video before commenting

Actually my bad, looks like it is camera movement doing that effect not object movement
edit on 3-9-2013 by PrinceDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Melbourne is UTC+10

19:16 GMT + 10 = 5:16 Melbourne time on 9-2. Sighting about 30 minutes later.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PrinceDreamer

You see there is one huge problem with the rocket theory, the object travels backwards at one point, and also moves sideways, and booster rockets just don't do that...

The apparent movement of the object is caused by camera being moved not the object itself , the guy who filmed the video says he was having trouble filming with two cameras .

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join