It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Russia says ballistic 'objects' fired in Mediterranean

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Reuters) - Russian radar detected two ballistic "objects" that were fired towards the eastern Mediterranean from the central part of the sea on Tuesday, state-run news agency RIA quoted the Defense Ministry as saying. The Defense Ministry declined immediate comment to Reuters. A ministry official had earlier criticized the United States for deploying warships in the Mediterranean close to Syria.

Source

Just came in a few minutes ago. I wonder what is going on?
Did the objects hit their target and who sent them?

Edit: Just noticed Senduko posted in another thread a few minutes before me. You can delete this if necessary although it might require its own thread? I'm nervous..
edit on 3-9-2013 by DutchFree because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Just saw it on RT aswell. Not much news yet.

Russia’s early warning radars have detected the launch of two ballistic rockets in the eastern Mediterranean, Russia’s Defense Ministry stated. The launch reportedly took place at 06:16 GMT Tuesday.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Thanks for the heads up. I'm betting it's not from the U.S. unless Obama is REALLY stupid by ordering a strike before congressional approval. Oh wait.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I wonder if it was fired towards some ships.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Or maybe they are just testing the strength of the Syrian air defences?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
It seems it was fired TOWARDS Syria.

The trajectory of the missiles is reported to have been from the central part of the Mediterranean Sea towards the eastern landmass.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Okay Here we Go!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

Nah mate, it'l need more then that to really start something. Now say if a ship got attacked, that would be a game changer.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
it was probably Israel firing us missiles at Syria right under Russia nose then running for cover lol

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DutchFree

Smells like Israels naval assets, otherwise her Iron Shield would be lit up like a christmas tree by now.

She's testing Syria's capabilities.

The silence from the little zionist war pig has been deafening lately.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Breaking News: Israeli military ‘not aware’ of any missile launch in eastern Mediterranean: spokesperson

I guess that just confirms it was the Isrealis?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Something something... Israel? They have been oh so quiet, like the sister getting grounded while the brother is chuckling.

link   
Maybe they just said that so they can blame the US and give us a taste of "blamed for something you didn't do."

Seriously though.. they are talking about large missiles, not cruise missiles, etc. Also worth noting this came at the SAME time that mid eastern media started reporting that Syria shot down a Raptor and 4 cruise missiles. So I have to wonder what is going on. This could be trouble.. not ww 3 trouble, but trouble.

link   
reply to post by DutchFree

Well I guess that says it pretty much, no

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
@ DutchFree

Is it just me or are ballistic and cruise missiles not at all the same thing. Also isn't it like 11:30 am in Syria? Maybe it's something else? Was about to go to sleep, but not now..
edit on 9/3/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This might go in a direction that many haven't considered.

If the USA attacks Syria unilaterally, without UN backing and resolutions, it will be an illegal attack meaning the US will be technically an unprovoked aggressor, and will have broken International war laws.

The Powers of Russia and China and others, may well intervene using sanctions against the USA similar to what the US had previously imposed on other countrys that doesn't toe the International line.

If that happens, the current state of finances in the US will look like a relative luxury compared to what life would be like under UN sanctions.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

missiles being launched from Mediterranean in an easterly direction.

WHere??????

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Strewth

Zionist war pig? Ben or Joe?

You guys are probably right though. If I had to bet I would bet Israel. Maybe they are trying something that would pull us in faster. They know Obama wants in and is being delayed because he has to call on Congress to share the blame due to the American people being so against going in. He doesn't want all that loathing aimed directly at him. So maybe they are coming in with the assist. They have been too quiet.. so I would put my money on them. It could be to test Syria's systems as well.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Updated from the RT link:

There were no rocket attack signals or blasts in Damascus, the Russian embassy in Syria noted.

rt.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by cheesy

That would be towards Syria I believe.

Also.. *sigh* the LOP and GLP gifs...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join