It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Melbourne Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Hi all,

I saw this posted on Reddit and was surprised it hadn't been posted here yet. So, here I am bringing this to your attention. If it has already been posted, I'm sorry but I couldn't find it when searching ATS.

Description of video on YouTube:

If any 'IDIOT' says I recorded the ISS - I will block and delete your comments. I recorded the ISS approx 20 minutes earlier as proof - (Will keep raw footage with 'time' start.)
Note the 'corona' as opposed to the ISS?
First camera is a Samsung SDC-435 - Second camera is a P8079HP 3 stage generation 1 night vision tube with a 50mm slr lens.
I watched this 'thing' visually and it just lit up the sky.
This is the real deal Neil. Been doing this for about 5 years now, full time, never ever seen anything like this.
If 'anyone' can explain what is larger, slower than the ISS in orbit, please let me know?
Sorry about the swearing, but it is what it is.

Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Satellite waste/fuel dump? Maybe connected with the Delta launch from Vandenberg a few days ago?

edit on 9/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
eta : will watch again
edit on 3-9-2013 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Poss...do we know the flight path of that though?

Would it glow if it was waste/fuel dump?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

I don't know the orbit of the new satellite.
It doesn't "glow", it is illuminated by sunlight just as a satellite is. You saw the example, here's another:

edit on 9/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
When the object makes a fast sudden move it left a trail of lighted box shaped things.

This picture shows two separate and distinct bright spots.

At about 6:40 and again at 7:02 in the video it looks like someone is shooting bottle rockets.

Lights in the night sky could be almost anything.Even pictures and videos aren`t much help because it`s too dark to see what the lights might be attached to.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

When the object makes a fast sudden move it left a trail of lighted box shaped things.
That's camera motion.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I think the camera is staying still and the object moved. look at the stars at the right.The one on the edge of the frame about halfway down stays in the same spot within the frame when the object makes that sudden movement.

ETA: nevermind those aren`t stars there`s a lot of garbage on the lens,seriously he needs to clean that lens.
At about 2:30 the camera is jerking around and those "stars" (and a lot of other ones) are moving with the camera.He has a filthy lens and the dirt reflecting light into the lens and showing up as white spots.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

I also think he's using some sort of filter as when he does move the camera, it does blur and appear like the trail you expected was the object moving and leaving the block images.

With so much in the way of actually what would have been seen, it's impossible to say what it actually is, let alone assume it's a UFO of extra terrestrial origin.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Iridium

Sep 2, 05:49:02 -7.6 44° 175° (S) Iridium 42 4 km (E) -7.8

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
He was brave to shine a lazer pen at it. When I saw a ufo close up a few years ago, I forgot I had video on my phone and it was awkward trying to get a shot as it appeared as a silver dot in the screen and I kept thinking it was something else as the craft literally feet away from me and frigging huge.

hx

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I posted the obvious query on the youtube site:

Sorry if I missed where you posted it, but what's the date/time of the video and the approx. azimuth/elevation and your estimate of angular size and rate?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I saw something extremely similar a few weeks ago (I also live in Melbourne). It was also heading South-East. It was pretty bright, moving across the sky about as fast as a satellite, but it also seemed to have a cloud around it that was being illuminated, and the colour temperature seemed to by 3000-4000K, like an incandescent light. I just assumed it was a plane with landing lights flying through some cloud.

Also airliners flying to Tasmania typically fly in a South East direction till COWES navaid, which will be right above you if you live in the south-east of Melbourne.
edit on 3/9/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
At 19:16 GMT on September 1, China launched a Long March 4C booster from its main space center at Jiuquan, carrying a triple-satellite grouping called "Yaogan Weixing 17". It entered a 63 deg inclined orbit, 1100 km high, and half an hour later passed over SE Australia shortly before dawn along a NNW to SSE azimuth. Space boosters typically vent excess fuel after reaching orbit in order to forestall later explosions that could generate clouds of space shrapnel.
edit on 3-9-2013 by JimOberg because: update

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
time zones

edit on 3-9-2013 by gortex because:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Melbourne is UTC+10

19:16 GMT + 10 = 5:16 Melbourne time on 9-2. Sighting about 30 minutes later. Could be it..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Damn! Warn me before please. I had my headphones on the sound nearly killed my ears
edit on 3-9-2013 by aLLeKs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I agree now; it does appear to be a fuel dump. In fact a fuel dump might also explain the triangular shape that occurs for a while.
edit on 3/9/2013 by comfortablynumb because: Grammar.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

Sorry about that mate, I did the same thing but turned it down before it got too annoying. I tried to edit my post to warn other users but for some reason I am unable to edit the OP now.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

And thanks to Jim and his access to wide resources we seem to know the source of the dump.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join