It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAT LOVERS!!!! you will love this..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

My hubby was like that,he actually actively disliked cats in general,though he did have a liking for one or 2 specific ones we've had over the years-here is the cat that finally made him see cats as the really wonderful companions they are:

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I have heard that allwhite cats are often deaf-seems to be a genetic thing.But then many cats choose to act like they are anyway,eh?

Wow your Tai was an absolute masterpiece,Night Star! such a lovely cat,like the one in the pic is also.It must have been hard on you all when he passed after being part of your family for so long-still,that is always our aim,to have them with us for as long as possible-i have never had a cat that reached that age- i've had quite a few cats of my own since i left my childhood house,but always there's things like snakes,neighbours that poison them,or they just disappear to never be seen again,things like that.Now that we're out in the Bush,my only real worry is snakes,we get really poisonous ones here in summer.I try to keep them inside as much as possible-maybe this time my kitty-babies will grow old in my home with us,i really hope so.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Raxoxane

double post
edit on 10-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Raxoxane

Raxoxane

My hubby was like that,he actually actively disliked cats in general,though he did have a liking for one or 2 specific ones we've had over the years-here is the cat that finally made him see cats as the really wonderful companions they are: our beloved Samedi(SummySummz)

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Ohh Eloina they are beautiful cats,all of them,sorry i took a few days to get a decent look at them,i've been unwell but fine again now,thank you for the lovely pics.Looks like they can be a handfull all of them together
Gorgeous cats,and you are so obviously devoted to them,so wonderful to see.I do love Nala's color-striking.
My cats tend to spend a lot of time indoors but at least here in the Bush they are not likely to get run over like in the town,if they should leave our yard-i never like for more than an hour,2 tops,to pass-if i don't see them every now and then,i go outside to call them,till they come home.They're like dogs that way too,they come when i call them

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Just wanted to remind my fellow catfanatics that Akimasa has uploaded some really great catpix in the last 2/3 days.and here's a pic of my Cas when she concentrates on me till i wake up-caught her at it one morning:-)))

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Raxoxane

I have heard that allwhite cats are often deaf-seems to be a genetic thing.But then many cats choose to act like they are anyway,eh?

Wow your Tai was an absolute masterpiece,Night Star! such a lovely cat,like the one in the pic is also.It must have been hard on you all when he passed after being part of your family for so long-still,that is always our aim,to have them with us for as long as possible-i have never had a cat that reached that age- i've had quite a few cats of my own since i left my childhood house,but always there's things like snakes,neighbours that poison them,or they just disappear to never be seen again,things like that.Now that we're out in the Bush,my only real worry is snakes,we get really poisonous ones here in summer.I try to keep them inside as much as possible-maybe this time my kitty-babies will grow old in my home with us,i really hope so.

I think keeping cats indoors is helpful in their leading long lives. You don't have to worry about cars running them over, other animals fighting with them etc. Many cat owners however are extremmely oppossed to that, but to each their own.

It was indeed hard to let him go, but I was ever so thankful for having so many wonderful years of love and laughter to share with him.

I have truly enjoyed all the beautiful cat pics in your thread. Thanks to everyone who has shared in here and please keep them coming!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Hi NightStar,im so glad you enjoy this thread-Here's another catpic-seeing Halloween is coming up

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Awwwww, beautiful!!!!! I once owned a couple of all black cats. They were awesome, but arn't they all?

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Great thread. Enjoyed the photos very much.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Some of these cats look great, well looked after.

The cats being washed its just cruel. Stop it! Its not funny in the slightest.

There tongue has cleaner agents in it already and they are not made for water.

Leave them be... what they are. Idiots.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Thank you NightStar,yes black cats are amazing+and so photogenic! This cat Samedi has a very sweet nature,a very affectionate dear cat:-)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

I'm so glad you liked the pictures,Restricted-and yes this is a great thread'-one of the most frriendly,relaxed and suppotive I have seen on ATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

I have never attempted to bath a cat-nor will I ever

edit on 24-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Raxoxane

I believe the "rule" about white cats being deaf only applies to the ones with blue eyes. I read that in some cat book years ago.

I have had many white cats over my lifetime. Had a couple of white with blue eyes that were deaf. Amazingly, they got by pretty well, but I always had more than one cat, so I guess it depended on the other cat(s) to alert it to any dangers.

I have a white cat now that has green eyes, and he can hear perfectly. (Another pretty stray that found its way to me.)
I also have a solid black one with golden eyes, (baby of a stray the came here a couple of years ago). He is beautiful too. Big bushy tail. I hope he will be okay during the upcoming Halloween.

When the white and black one are lying side by side it is a pretty picture. I'll have to see if I can get them on camera some day, but it is rare they are close to one another because they are both males and don't seem to care for each other. LOL

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That's interesting sled-i did't know that its only the blue+eyed whites that are deaf!
I'm looking forward to pics-when your cats will co-ooerate.I will be posting sone more pix soon also

edit on 24-9-2013 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

Not always true. My cat loves water, he plays in the bath water and even gets in the shower with me. I think when left to their own devices there are probably many cats who like water.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

omggggggg!!!!
he is stunning!
These wild-domestic hybrid felines are fascinating.
what generation is he? what is his temperament?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Raxoxane

Keep popping in and out of here, love seeing all the pretty kittys n this dude's especially cool. Those ears man, they some serious ears

Warms me to see folks with black cats. Apparently the animal rescue shelters here are over run with black cats. Seems nobody wants em and prefer the more colourful types. Never had a cat until recently, but we got a black one and he's seriously awesome. Makes me want to open up a cattery just for the black guys, fighting for cats ethnic rights n that

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by melancholiflower

I know some of the big cats like tigers adore water

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join