It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CAT LOVERS!!!! you will love this..

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

I couldn't agree more, that's exactly what brought me here. Sometimes you just have to take a step back and enjoy beautiful things!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
Teddy the Maine Coon is my "little" lover boy. He is the world to me! He nearly died on me and I never gave up the fight! He was down 2 pounds in the picture you see here. Eventually he lost 4 pounds. He is doing wonderfully right now! Oh and he loves presents! He stands around in excited anticipation when I buy him something. Between medical bills, expensive food, and presents, I likely spent over $10,000 on him already. My avatar is him as a wee baby.

Sasha the Maine Coon is kind of small for a Maine Coon and weighs only about 12 pounds. She is perky like a happy little toddler, and loves to be carried over my shoulder. I got her as a playmate for Teddy. Maine Coons like company to stack and play with. Those two together are like a heard of elephants.

Cleo, a blue grey domestic, is doing wonderfully also. But Cleo was on his deathbed a year ago in total kidney failure. He should not be alive right now. I call him my little zombie right now since he is a medical mystery. He reminds me of the cats from the re-animator movie to look at him right now. .

Nala is my red head domestic. I call her the little princess. Oh she certainly acts like royalty.

Anyways, not even one of my 4 cats have an ounce of meanness. None of them hiss, growl, or scratch. And all 4 are trained to stay inside my fence. I made them a special secret garden that they love!

Teddy

Sasha

Cleo (very old)

Nala

edit on 6-9-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

They are beautiful...everyone of them!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I just put up a video of my Maine coon cat sucking her back foot like a bottle.
She is soooo funny! And such a baby!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I've had quite a few cats as pets over time, they can be very funny. I like cats because they can be very independent., but I also like dogs too. However, as a pet owner in the past, (unfortunate now I can't have either pet) I've had the most experience with cats.

Animals can cheer you up, I miss that about them.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Octave

I agree they are beautiful. How old is Cleo, I had one cat that lived to be about 12 guestamate, he came to us as an adult. We had him for 8 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Octave

I have actually gone to sit in front of the pc feeling depro-and after a few minutes of viewing Flickr's cat groups,all the catpix-genuinely noticed that I really do feel better-and its from sheer joy at beauty,yes-innocent,fine creatures,and such a multitude of them.Flickr has a LOT of catpix

The house fills up with my squeals-and I call the kids,the hubby-"OMG look at this cat! WOW this is the most awesome cat-oh look at That one! Oh look at this cat's eyes! Woooow-would you Look at this Cat-awesome!!!!!"

Like a kid in a furry candyshop-its just happiness+excitement-those are the moments when I Really do feel like a kid again

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I am genuinely so sorry to hear you are living somewhere you cannot keep even a cat.That really must suck-you are correct about how they can cheer one up.And even the presence of cats and/or dogs,even one,completely changes the aura of a home.
There has been times during my lifelong battle with depression,that I sat outside in my yard weeping(that sounds dramatic but I mean silently crying as opposed to loud bawling like a kiddie who grazed a knee) and one of my dogs would come up to me and actively try to comfort me.They were concerned about me-and I could tell my sadness upset them also.I cannot pick my favorite between cats+dogs,they are too different-each species have such unique traits-but I really cannot imagine life without at least one animal.

Have you considered keeping a bird? They are often allowed in places that don't allow cats or dogs,and although I myself have never kept a bird,friends of mine have,my mother kept budgies too-they can be great for companionship also-"Darem nog n ou asempie in die huis-at least another breathing thing in the house" -a directly translated old saying from my country.Perhaps you could consider a bird,if you like birds well enough? I do like birds,although I'm not a "bird person" in the way I'm a catfanatic or doglover-and they seem to like me plenty,but always having been a cat-owner,its not so wise for me to bring a bird into the house.Wild birds seem very drawn to me,however.Anyway I'm just suggesting,maybe that is a possible way for you to have the animal connection?
Bless you.

posted on Sep, 8 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Apologies for neglecting my own thread,I've been feeling grotty from a stomach bug for days now+when I've come on ATS I've mostly been reading up on the situation in Syria to gain better understanding of what's going for what with all the powers in play,I will in this coming week be back to have a proper look at all your beautiful cats.Thank you so much for contributing,everyone,I appreciate it much.
Blessings and wishes for your safety and wellbeing,to all on ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dustytoad

hi Dustytoad yeah she is-i got her from our local SPCA almost 10 years ago,she was already a fullgrown adult cat then-i estimate her to be around 12/13 years old now.She has a "Grumpy old Men" type personality for sure-she is a" serious cat" .She can be very loving though,but within the animal circle of our family,she+my oldest Dane rules the roost.Any dog entering our family as a puppy learns to avoid her really soon,I've noticed

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

Ah that's great pennylemon! So happy to see your beautiful Lily(
my "miracle dog" Dane,is named Lily,my son picked the name+it suits her so well she is such a gentle soul+beautiful,very loving)
She's one lovely cat.And thanks to you,get to live a happy life,same as with my Dane,whatever horrid man dumped her in our area is a prize idiot,whose stupid loss is our joyful gain

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Hi mblah ohh yes-i was astonished when I first when on Flickr,to see the quality of photography! I believe some of the best photographers on the planet are on that site-and such imaginitive people,so creative.I do look at photo's from many genres there,of course always drawn back to the catgroups,but there is so much more-and lots of inspiration for one's own photography.Since I've been looking at photo's there,in just a few months I have learned so much,I have to say it has benefited me much creatively-and the people are very very nice,its just a good vibe all round.An awesome site.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by samuel1990

Hi samuel1990,I'm glad you liked it-and are sharing the fun.Is it not awesome,how even 2 complete strangers can meet anywhere in the world-and if both happens to be cat lovers and/or owners-it soon becomes a happy animated laughterfilled chat-
I have seen the hubby's eyes glaze over when this happens-and I just know he's thinking:"of all the folks she had to get into conversation with,it Had to be another catfanatic, did'nt it!?!"

On second thoughts that seems to happen fairly often-i wonder if there's a vibe catfanatics exude,that other cf's can pick up on?
and I've noticed that there's just this comfy feeling,when 2 strangers who are cf's meet-kindred souls,I guess

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Hi sylent6,I had a cat at most times throughout my childhood too-i remember a pic of me where I am a toddler,barely able to walk yet-and buckling under the weight of an enormous b+w cat I was holding

Maybe sometime in the future you will feel to have a cat again

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

Hi OuttaHere,what a gorgeous cat!!
yes as big an animal lover as I am,I have noticed that some tools in the animal shed are not as sharp as others
but as you said,that does'nt matter-we love em just as much.Its great you got her from a shelter,too.
I do think when animals take a knock when they're babies,or very young,it leaves a mark-my 2 kittyluuurves were doted on from the moment they were born,gosh that was such a beautiful litter! If I could I would've kept all of them,the mother was a very loving cat.And one of the families who took a kitty from that litter raved about what a loving cat theirs is also,as are mine,they are almost more doglike in that way? Not so much of the aloofness that many cats have.Sort of like personality traits that got handed down.My oldest cat has that typical aloof personality,very cantankerous,and we got her from a shelter,where as the one who had the litter of non-aloof,almost dog-like personality ones,were born in a home of cat lovers.I can see my old cat had a knock too-even at the SPCA she was sitting by herself,away from all the others in the communal cage-that's how I noticed her,she stood out by her "loner" personality,I guess I could relate.
But its down to the individual cat's personality.Here's something odd I noticed once-i rescued 2 young stray cats many years ago,and gosh did they take their time adjusting,always running off to hide under couches,anti-social,no matter how hard I tried they would not settle into the household.Well they had never been in a home,being born of a stray,and were'nt used to people,I got that-still it was taking a long time and they stayed almost feral,only sneaking out from under their hide-outs to eat when no one was around.
Then one day the one got outside and I think returned to the feral cat life,the place I found them was not at all far from where I lived then,maybe he returned to his feral family,idk.But almost as soon as she was alone with us,the female became domesticated-it was not even a week and it was like she'd always been with us.
Beautiful cat she was,too,pitchblack+longhaired,very striking.She liked to carry small pieces of paper around in her mouth? Whenever she found any crumpled up piece of paper,she'd walk around with it in her mouth-looked so fuuun-eh:-D
Its only now after years that my old SPCA cat seems to like interacting with our other cats,she is good friends with my other female cat,they usually snuggle up together on my bed at night.
But most shelter-cats luckily adapt almost immediately to their new homes.

Anyway good on you for getting a shelter-cat,and what a stunning one.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Aaww sled sad about your old cat,I was thinking the other day as I passed my old cat laying in "her" spot on our lawn-how much I would miss her,she's about 13yo now,but being a shelter-cat I cannot be sure-she was a fully grown adult when we got her,so that is an estimate.
That's a heavy thing,when the time comes,when an animal has been part of your life for so long-most romantic parners,many marriages+friendships don't last even nearly as long.
But great that you had a new companion-your kindness repaid to you,see
?
Bless you.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

That brings tears to my eyes StealthyKat,I so wish more people would do what you did.Beautiful

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I have a rescue that looks like this one only her nose is a little more persian. LOL

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ArchaicDesigns

Hii ArchaicDesigns oh I can be a ditz! I thought Jenga was The Gut's cat when I first saw the pics of him a few days ago
Sorry!! About that.
I have many distractions when I'm by my pc,usually,its in the busiest room in the house.
Jenga is so awesome! Not a breed you see in my country often,Gorgeous gorgeous cat.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hi Night Star,wow if your cat looks like the one on that pic,it is such a beautiful cat! I have never had a white cat,you know I just realised,b+w but never completely white.That will likely change at some point in the future though.
I do love pitchblack cats though-mine loves laying on my bed,but with the dark blanket she just needs to close her eyes+the camouflage is perfect-the amount of times she has almost been sat on is staggering-whether black cats are bad luck for those who cross their paths I would'nt know(hehe never needed a black cat or any black creature crossing my path to have bad luck)
But she herself has been Very lucky so far

These days when the hubby wants to plonk himself down on my bed,I see him scrutinizing the whole blanket first,he adores her+he knows he's is a bit on the hefty side

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

She is all white with blue eyes and is deaf. The only deaf cat I have ever owned. I have had so many cats through the years. Once had two all jet black cats and all other kinds. My very favorite was my beautiful himalayan Tai Showdan. We just called him Tai. here is a pic that looks just like him. He passed away some years ago and lived to be 19.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join