It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima radiation headed straight to US, karma for Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Study shows Fukushima nuclear pollution becoming more concentrated as it approaches U.S. West Coast — Plume crosses ocean in a nearly straight line toward N. America — Appears to stay together with little dispersion (MODEL)

It almost looks like a projectile of radioactive contaminants headed right for the US.

Ironic isnt it?

That the only nation in the World to ever have used nuclear weapons (and that on a civilian population, not once but twice) is now on the receiving end of potentially lethal doses of radiation from that very country?

The US government has done a lot of evil things. Even as I type this, they are preparing to attack yet another population under very questionable circumstances.

One has to wonder when and if bad people ever pay for their actions.

Well, it looks like, one way or another, its our turn.

I didnt do anything wrong and most likely neither did you. But are we guilty of not doing enough to stop them?

Whether its the stripping of our rights, the establishment of a militarized police state, or some kind of debt based currency collapse; looks like we're going to experience some pain at the hands of that very same government which we've allowed to go on unchallenged.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

And how come they only control the weather for bad things?
Can't we just land it in the ocean with a big juicy rain cloud.. Let's play the HAARP..

Kidding aside,

How is that even possible? It's not breaking up or dispersing? Maybe it doesn't want to mix with the other air because of temperature difference? Not sure that is even a factor, but it is in water so maybe it's the same..

hmm.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
What was that equation for Karma again? was it g = KM/r2?
I forget what the effects of karma are on ocean currents, the
flow rate change is difficult to factor in, i think it was the amount
of bad actions times the amount of good actions squared plus
your chosen religions goodness value multiplied by the length
of nails in the Vatican rafters......

Now to respond seriously, i really do wonder why there is
not more information readily available to the public on this,
it seems to be creating allot discomfort in general, also
it does beg the question, are they afraid to start a panic?

I would wager on the panic, most folks hear radiation and
automatically go end of the world. This might not be a
world killer but i worry that the Japanese government might,
out of pride, allow this to be a japan killer.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I wonder what would be the geopolitical fallout in the long run should the radiation affect the entire Pacific Ocean. For example how would it effect the 2 Koreas, China and other Pacific Nations.
edit on 3-9-2013 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
This is a straight up disaster, and not just for the US.

I mean, as far as we have been told, this has been ongoing for quite some time. Every second. Every minute. Every day. For how many months now?

There really hasn't been anything done about it, due to the lack of knowing what to do about it.

Not trying to be off topic from your thread, I just think as a whole is a lot more than political spins and speculation. This has been a constant topic since it first happened, proving it "won't just go away," as all the naysayers would have you believe.

Are the people who constructed these plants responsible for these incidents? You know, 'accountable' for the potential of one nearly collapsing? When they designed these, did they not foresee these possibilities?

We live in such a sick world.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
i doubt it, this wont kill 100,000 people, it'll just increase cancer rates a tiny bit and anyways it can be argued that what was done to those cities was karma for their invasion of china and their attempt to conquer Asia and the pacific, in fact the number killed in those two cities pales in comparison to how many Japan killed during that period, so i'd think using those two bombs didn't kill enough people to earn negative karma on our behalf, i'm sure japan still has negative karma from what they did back then and has been lucky so far but it will catch up to them one day.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
i am sory mr. what you think about karma is wrong..karma is for the one who have done evil thing..usa dont make evil thing when bom hiroshima..japan army is so evil..they cut of somebody head if make small mistake when japan take all of my country, make women a sex slave..make a romusha..and much evil thing..my grandfather told me..so thats not karma..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
How could it be karma for the US? Why the US alone? This is going to affect everyone!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Interesting study but can anyone explain what a 4% "impact strength" actually means? It's not a term I'm familiar with in relation to radioactive contamination. 4% of what exactly? We know radioactive materials will reach the West Coast but what level can be expected is an important question.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Not sure about the chart it says 1.5, 3.5 and 4 year, respectively for each graph
. Is this a predictive course?
Also wondering how far back in history are the Karma records kept

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
well if that's the case then karma is a bunch of bullsh@@. japan killed more people needlessly than germany ever did.
i'm sick and tired of people saying that we killed so many with the bombs. just look at what the japaneses did.

Japanese war crimes
Mass killings
R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, estimates that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3 to over 10 million people, most likely 6 million Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war. According to Rummel, "This democide [i.e., death by government] was due to a morally bankrupt political and military strategy, military expediency and custom, and national culture."[39] According to Rummel, in China alone, during 1937–45, approximately 3.9 million Chinese were killed, mostly civilians, as a direct result of the Japanese operations and 10.2 million in the course of the war.[40] The most infamous incident during this period was the Nanking Massacre of 1937–38, when, according to the findings of the International Military Tribunal for the Far East, the Japanese Army massacred as many as 300,000 civilians and prisoners of war, although the accepted figure is somewhere in the hundreds of thousands.[41]

and then there was their unit 731
all the below quotes are from this wiki.
Unit 731

Vivisection
Prisoners of war were subjected to vivisection without anesthesia.[15] Vivisections were performed on prisoners after infecting them with various diseases. Scientists performed invasive surgery on prisoners, removing organs to study the effects of disease on the human body. These were conducted while the patients were alive because it was feared that the decomposition process would affect the results.[16] The infected and vivisected prisoners included men, women, children, and infants.[17] Prisoners had limbs amputated in order to study blood loss. Those limbs that were removed were sometimes re-attached to the opposite sides of the body. Some prisoners' limbs were frozen and amputated, while others had limbs frozen then thawed to study the effects of the resultant untreated gangrene and rotting. Some prisoners had their stomachs surgically removed and the esophagus reattached to the intestines. Parts of the brain, lungs, liver, etc. were removed from some prisoners.[15][18] In 2007, the Japanese army surgeon Ken Yuasa testified to the Japan Times that, "I was afraid during my first vivisection, but the second time around, it was much easier. By the third time, I was willing to do it." He believes at least 1,000 people, including surgeons, were involved in vivisections over mainland China

Germ warfare attacks
Prisoners were injected with inoculations of disease, disguised as vaccinations, to study their effects. To study the effects of untreated venereal diseases, male and female prisoners were deliberately infected with syphilis and gonorrhea, then studied. Plague fleas, infected clothing, and infected supplies encased in bombs were dropped on various targets. The resulting cholera, anthrax, and plague were estimated to have killed around 400,000 Chinese civilians. Tularemia was tested on Chinese civilians.[20] Unit 731 and its affiliated units (Unit 1644 and Unit 100 among others) were involved in research, development, and experimental deployment of epidemic-creating biowarfare weapons in assaults against the Chinese populace (both civilian and military) throughout World War II. Plague-infested fleas, bred in the laboratories of Unit 731 and Unit 1644, were spread by low-flying airplanes upon Chinese cities, coastal Ningbo in 1940, and Changde, Hunan Province, in 1941. This military aerial spraying killed thousands of people with bubonic plague epidemics.[21]

Weapons testing
Human targets were used to test grenades positioned at various distances and in different positions. Flame throwers were tested on humans. Humans were tied to stakes and used as targets to test germ-releasing bombs, chemical weapons, and explosive bombs.

if i recall correctly there were less than 250,000 people killed in in both Hiroshima and Nagasaki. also after Hiroshima, Truman gave them the chance to surrender,before the second bomb was dropped he warned the government and we dropped leaflets telling them to leave the cities. but they refused to surrender because the emperor wanted to stay in power.
they didn't believe that we had more than one bomb, and thought that they could keep their same form of government.

so as far as your karma i don't think that is what is happening, it's just the way the ocean has flowed for how many million of years and that dropping the bomb had nothing to do with it.

if any country deserved a bite on the ass by karma it would have been japan before the U.S.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

all too true ..........a movie all about them units 731/100 is the men behind the sun...but a warning its quite graphic,

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Phage
Interesting study but can anyone explain what a 4% "impact strength" actually means? It's not a term I'm familiar with in relation to radioactive contamination. 4% of what exactly? We know radioactive materials will reach the West Coast but what level can be expected is an important question.

Cesium 137 impact strength

there are two types of tracers to carry out Fukushima nuclear pollutants to reach the east coast of China, corresponding to 1.5-year recirculation gyre transport and 3.5-year subtropical circulation transport.

The distributions of the impact strength at these time scales are given according to the variation of relative number concentration with time combined with the decaying rate of radioactive matter. For example, starting from 1% at 1.5-year, of the initial level at the originating area of Fukushima nuclear pollution, the impact strength of Cesium-137 in the South China Sea continuously increases up to 3% by 4 years, while the impact strength of Cesium-137 in the west coast of America is as high as 4% due to the role of strong Kuroshio-extension currents as a major transport mechanism of nuclear pollutants for that area.

Nope I still don't get it.. Sounds like it's talking about concentrations, but I don't know what 100% would mean, unless they are saying that 100% would be the 4,000 times over natural level of radiation that they mentioned earlier. So then the water would start off at 1.5% (60 times over normal radiation), and then increase to 4% after 4 years or (160 times natural radiation)..

I'm only guessing though. They really didn't make it clear.
edit on 9/3/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

It's a calculated combination of the particulate concentration and the rate of decay. As you can see in the third map (which is "year 4"), the particulates are becoming more concentrated, but less lethal due to the rate of decay.

PDF of original study

While the whole "headed straight to the US" implies that this is something that is happening right now, the study is actually just a projection, and anyone who understands global weather patterns would realize that radiation from Japan coming to the US is pretty well inevitable. Don't expect mutants, though -- the amounts are pretty negligible.

edit on 3-9-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

It's a calculated combination of the particulate concentration and the rate of decay. As you can see in the third map (which is "year 4"), the particulates are becoming more concentrated, but less lethal due to the rate of decay.
Ah, thanks. That higher concentration aspect is hard to believe (I suppose it has something to do with the use of Lagrangian modelling) but apart from that, same question; 4% of what? Is there any way of deriving the radiation levels involved in more meaningful terms, like becquerels?

edit on 9/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/3/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Fukushima radiation headed straight to US, karma for Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

1 - NO.
2 - Hiroshima and Nagasaki were justified.
3 - Japan screwed up. They put a nuke plant next to the ocean and on a fault line. It got hit by a tsunami and it melted down. Japan is getting nailed by radiation much more than the USA is. If this was some kind of mythical karmic revenge, then Japan wouldn't be radiated like it is.

This is a simple matter of stupid people putting a nuke plant where it shouldn't be ... and of nature doing what it naturally does. That's it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by adjensen

Ah, thanks. That higher concentration aspect is hard to believe but apart from that. Same question 4% of what?

You got me, the term doesn't really seem to be associated with radiation studies in general, apart from this one, and studies on the effect of radiation on the impact strength of materials subjected to radiation. Maybe they're comparing it to the exposure one would have gotten at Fukishima on day one.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Uhm.....Where else was it going to go? The Jetsream blows West to East.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

The study is about oceanic transport, not airborne
It is about the time the contamination will take be carried across the Pacific.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
they never seem to talk about pu239, i guess cesium 137 and 134 are sexier eh. what happens to the tonnes of MOX fuel in #3 when it lands on our door steps....

btw pu239 has a half life of 24,000 years so i guess we wont be sitting that one out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join