It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

West Virginia Repo Company Sent To Wrong House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Going to the wrong house and repossessing everything inside has to be one of the biggest mistakes a repo company can make.

When Nikki Bailey, a former teacher living in West Virginia, returned to her home in the small town of Logan after visiting a friend at the hospital on Aug. 6, she found a big red truck backed up to the house. The driver said she had been foreclosed on and all her possessions were at the dump, according to the Logan Banner.

“Everything was gone,” Bailey told area news outlet WSAZ. “Living room furniture, my Marshall diploma, my high school diploma, my pictures -- my history. I was teacher of the year. All of that stuff is gone -- certificates from that. It's all gone.”

Bailey told the Logan Banner that her home had been paid for since 1988. The bank that ordered the foreclosure has not been named.
The repo company that removed Bailey's belongings was told to go to a house in Godby Heights in Logan, Bailey's attorney, Tim DiPiero, told WSAZ. But no such place exists.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The crazy thing is the bank that sent the repo men refused to name it self,but this happens more often than you think, some things you just can't replace,I hope she sues the bank for so much that she is named the bank's president.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This happened near me. Was on the local news. Apparently they took her stuff to the dump and can't return it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Spider879

I feel bad for all involved in that situation - losing all of your sentimental items at once has to be devastating; and everyone at the bank and repo company having to do stuff like that for money, when you know they probably rather not be like that, has got to be hard on their conscience.

Anyways, what I replied for is to ask:

Is it legal to just throw people's stuff away in a repossession case?

I can understand removing everything from a home in order to reclaim the home, but what you remove doesn't belong to you, does it?

If that practice is legal, it needs to be changed. You should have to store the stuff until you can work out an arrangement. Defaulting on a loan should not result in the loss of all of your belongings - whether legal or not.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by Spider879

I feel bad for all involved in that situation - losing all of your sentimental items at once has to be devastating; and everyone at the bank and repo company having to do stuff like that for money, when you know they probably rather not be like that, has got to be hard on their conscience.

Anyways, what I replied for is to ask:

Is it legal to just throw people's stuff away in a repossession case?

I can understand removing everything from a home in order to reclaim the home, but what you remove doesn't belong to you, does it?

If that practice is legal, it needs to be changed. You should have to store the stuff until you can work out an arrangement. Defaulting on a loan should not result in the loss of all of your belongings - whether legal or not.

You know it's one of those things like bounty hunting,in past eras a bounty hunter could kill you but today I don't know if that would be murder??..but this is what happens when one out sources justice, if the police had showed up with that poor lady present and a court order in hand maybe a situation like this wouldn't have arisen as the lady would have explained that's the WRONG HOUSE!!! but to wait until no one was home broke in and destroyed her property..damn!!
edit on 3-9-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join