It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British military chiefs are being ejected from US meetings about Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

I agree.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Don't believe for one second that TPTB that govern the UK don't want a war with Syria, it's just on this occasion people have been keeping a close eye on David Cameron and Co. and a NO vote has basically put him in a tight corner. However I suspect he'll worm his way around it and drag us into it at a later stage one way or the other.

I can see our mate dave giving himself a wedgie, blaming Assad and then over-ruling parliament to go to war. One way or another, TPTB will make sure we enter this.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This shouldn't be surprising and its not petulance.

If they are not going to be involved then they don't need to know the details. Therefore, they wont be told.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Damn, English Muffins are now known as Freedom Muffins in America.

And now all Americans speak Freedish.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morg234
Damn, English Muffins are now known as Freedom Muffins in America.

And now all Americans speak Freedish.

That doesnt smell like freedish?

Sorry couldnt resist an overly generalizing statement branding all americans as liars, but hey thats humour.
With a U!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1
Is he going to proceed ( ?) O, i gottcha.. U were being sarcastic... lol

Obama had a meeting today w/ McCain who is not only Pro War butt, he's Pro Pro War... lol

Kerry only said what Obama said around the mulberry bush. "We do NOT NEED CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL!"

Obama " although I don't need Congressional Approval because I am Commander and Chief... I will go to Congress first" " err then I'll attack no matter what!"

lol

McCain............? What a lunatic........ He's a basket case..totally Insane.
Scares me that he's allowed to hold any office at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I'm sure the US will still be happy to use any intel provided by SAS who are probably already on the ground in Syria. Maybe we should eject these forces and let American special forces take over.

So VERY True........

PDUK

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So why is the UK not doing the bidding of the Bilderbergs? And the Bilderbergs have made a statement.

Sinan Ulgen, chairman of the Center for Economics and Foreign Policy Studies, a think tank in Istanbul, said the development was not unexpected. "Erdogan made his choice long ago, placing Turkey in the vanguard of countries calling for regime change in Syria," Mr Ulgen said yesterday. "That choice comes with a number of risks."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Turkey made the deal to lead this attack on Syria with the Bilderbergs. Now they must stand up and take charge of it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

not involved in the operation, what business do they have listening in on the planning?

I will tell you whos dang business it is.. It is everyone's business that the US want to start another war and maybe kill another million or so civilians.. It is complacent attitudes like yours that allow people to get away with crap like this.. It worked for the Nazis and it is working again now..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It is not their Government who has refused to take part in this coming conflict, it's their Parliament. If Congress is just a big rubber stamp for Obama, well that's your look out. Maybe you should try living in a democracy instead of complaining about one. Home of the Free indeed?
edit on 3-9-2013 by bugsbunny1967 because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Chris

As much as I'd like to say your wrong on that point, I'm afraid your 100% right. Cameron and his Conservative/Liberal Government want a fight, for whatever reason, God only knows? As a certain newspaper columnist used to say, "You couldn't make it up".
edit on 3-9-2013 by bugsbunny1967 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Maybe it's time we thought of campaigning for a Referendum on Nato as well as the European Union in Three years time? If our political lords and masters will allow us? And I don't just mean the PM and Cabinet, MP's & Lords ect. The ones that contol the purse strings!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

British military chiefs are being ejected from US meetings about Syria in the first direct consequence of David Cameron’s refusal to join military action.

The role of senior British officers based at US Central Command in Tampa, Florida, has been downgraded because they cannot be trusted with high-level intelligence about a conflict with which they are no longer involved, military sources say.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Huh? Cannot be trusted? You're kidding right? So because the British Parliament showed wisdom and restraint in saying no to war, all of sudden the British military's gotta go?

But wait a minute. What are British military doing in Tampa in the first place? :shk:

And wait a minute #2: Doesn't this imply that no matter what the US Congress says, Obama's going to proceed with the strikes anyways (as I believed)?

Damn this world's messed up.
edit on Mon Sep 2nd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

Have not seen anything to show that this happened but if it did even the brit brass would not be upset. This is standard OPSEC, they would not be in on any planning that did not involve them.

Planning is not happening there anyway, although they are probably linked in anyway. As our chief ally they would get this info anyway. What is more alarming is Russia have moved several ships in there and will be able to give Assad about two hours warning and will also be able to give him locations, targets, once they are airborne. That is and should be alarming. We are close and the possibility of an accident escalating is very real.

This should alarm folks because putin relishes the thought of conflict with the United States. He is a true kgb Hardliner who wants to restore the old Soviet union and would not mind throw in world domination while you are at it. Russia is moving backwards while the rest of the world tries to reshape itself.

Scary stuff.

The Bot

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Interesting information..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
It's Ok .... according to John Kerry the US has allies.

Israel.

Saudi Arabia.

Qatar.

France.

Well best of luck with that.

Oh and check out Angela Merkel .... "We support action against the Assad regime but will NOT be sending German forces".
Lol gotta love her .. stirring the pot.

I am glad we (UK) are out of it ... last week it was a limited strike ... this week it is Regime change by Airpower alone ... next week when things are underway and too late to stop, the truth of boots on the ground will become obvious to all .... you can't start a war (act of aggression on a Sovereign state) and then not expect escalation.

C..

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Its a fair action to take and I think you will find is standard, there is no reason for British Military Chiefs to be there when Britain will not be involved. However, Britain still has Royal Navy in the region, Britain could still be involved should this get messy or the UN grants military intervention due evidence condemning the Syrian government (which I personally don't think exists). Regardless of our diminished role in the world, we will always have the greatest military minds in our ranks, so to kick them out does make sense in one way as a standard protocol, but having those military minds present could easily be a benefit on an advisory level.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Let's be honest they were expelled. Its not like somebody turned around and said "Oh since you're not going to intervene you shouldn't be here". They were made to leave.
I don't see anything wrong with them doing it, but we shouldn't mistake it for a hearty handshake and a fond farewell. The US has kind of shot themselves in the foot tho, short of Intel we can provide there's also other military advice we could give or warnings.

I like how he described France as their oldest allies, allies against the British. He chose his words carefully.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
Any country that says no to USA is regarded as an enemy, it happened to newzealand when they said no more bombs on their reefs, if I remember' .

Oh by all means New Zealand.....those now self righteous driftwoods from the days of the Empire. Why don't you set the example by giving the land back to the natives, pack up and go home.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

You mean like the Americans and the natives?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join