It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British military chiefs are being ejected from US meetings about Syria

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

British military chiefs are being ejected from US meetings about Syria in the first direct consequence of David Cameron’s refusal to join military action.

The role of senior British officers based at US Central Command in Tampa, Florida, has been downgraded because they cannot be trusted with high-level intelligence about a conflict with which they are no longer involved, military sources say.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Huh? Cannot be trusted? You're kidding right? So because the British Parliament showed wisdom and restraint in saying no to war, all of sudden the British military's gotta go?

But wait a minute. What are British military doing in Tampa in the first place? :shk:

And wait a minute #2: Doesn't this imply that no matter what the US Congress says, Obama's going to proceed with the strikes anyways (as I believed)?

Damn this world's messed up.
edit on Mon Sep 2nd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Is anybody really surprised, I mean, seriously?

We have all had somebody turn on us when we didn't do something their way, so why should it surprise us that a Government entity would do the same?

Nothing surprises me anymore.

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If they are not involved in the operation, what business do they have listening in on the planning?

I'm totally against anyone doing anything in Syria, but that doesn't mean I'll get huffy and puffy over this. It's a completely rational and logical idea to remove people from high level discussion who have no involvement with the discussion.

Are you going to include everyone in your extended family when making financial choices? Probably not unless those financial choices involve those family members.

They don't want to go into syria, they have no right to be at the table where the talks on such an action are taking place.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It was not Cameron or the UK military that caused this it was a vote from the UK MPs.

This is just the US being spiteful over the vote. We saw how absolutely childish they got with Hong Kong and Russia over Snowden. This is simply a childish temper tantrum and the US is taking it's ball home and won't play anymore (with the British.)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's called secrecy no?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I for once am proud that my weak government was beaten in a vote for another waste of time war with no positive results bar the profit and loss accounts of haliburton. I wish the senate had the same guts

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I think the problem is Obama is following Turkey and not Israel on this one. Israel did not turn the evidence over to the US Turkey did. Remember when Turkeys IMF debt was forgiven? They gave them a lead role in the war front when they dropped the debt owed.

Turkey has been doing training flights over Mexico from Texas. What are they training for? To use spy planes to fly over Syria.

Here is the spy tech they are using. Who knows what planes they have it rigged to flying over Syria.

And remember the Flotilla thing between Israel and Turkey. They don't see eye to eye. They have a common enemy but see two different ways it should be taken care of. Same problem happened in Egypt. They did not like the California professor becoming President of Egypt. And now you have chaos again in Egypt as they try to replace him with some one they like.

Sierra Nevada Corporation which is owned by Fatih and Eren Ozmen. The Ozmens are Turkish but live in the United States.link And they are using a system and working with a system that is DARPA funded in partnership with BAE Systems to spy on drug cartels. Which is being used as training exercises for Syria.

Gorgon Stare
en.wikipedia.org...

ARGUS-IS
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 2-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
To give people more information on this I will take you first to the White House Website.

www.whitehouse.gov...

The President highlighted three areas of focus the two leaders discussed: expanding trade and investment between the U.S. and Turkey, mutual security, and the issue of Syria.

The White House link at bottom.
Fact Sheet: U.S.-Turkey Partnership
www.whitehouse.gov...

Partners in Countering Terrorism: Our countries are stronger when we work together on common challenges, such as safeguarding our citizens. Recent terrorist attacks in both the United States and Turkey remind us of the continuing threat of terrorism and the risks we take to maintain an open, democratic, and free society. As co-chairs of the Global Counterterrorism Forum, Turkey and the United States are working together to build the international cooperation and capacities that are essential to addressing this problem over the long-term.

Security Partners: Turkey is a strategic partner to the United States, a longstanding NATO Ally, and a valued friend. Turkey contributes to international security alongside U.S. forces in Afghanistan, the seas near Somalia, and in the Mediterranean. In response to Turkey’s request, the United States contributed to the NATO deployment of Patriot systems to augment Turkey’s air defense capabilities, which became operational earlier this year. This deployment, as well as our work together, underscores how our military-to-military collaboration is addressing some of the many complex potential threats we face today, in particular those emanating from Syria.

Partners in Education, Science, and Innovation: Nearly 12,000 Turks studied in the United States in the 2011-2012 academic year – more than any other European country. American and Turkish scientists lead collaborative research to improve energy efficiency, health, and education under our recently ratified U.S.-Turkey Science and Technology Agreement. We are also fostering public-private partnerships that support technology-based innovation and entrepreneurship, vital to a knowledge-based economy.

They left out the defence project partnerships. But they did mention the Global Counterterrorism Forum. And that is ran by the United States and Turkey.

www.thegctf.org...

Structure
The GCTF consists of a strategic-level Coordinating Committee, co-chaired initially by Turkey and the United States for two years until 2013; two thematic and three regional expert-driven Working Groups; and a small Administrative Unit. The initial Working Groups and their co-chairs are: Countering Violent Extremism (United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom), Criminal Justice and the Rule of Law (Egypt and United States), Horn of Africa Region Capacity Building (European Union and Turkey), Sahel Region Capacity Building (Algeria and Canada), and Southeast Asia Capacity Building (Australia and Indonesia).

Strange thing is that Israel,France and even Germany are not mentioned there. And now it seems the UK has gotten the boot.

edit on 2-9-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Is he going to proceed ( ?) O, i gottcha.. U were being sarcastic... lol

Obama had a meeting today w/ McCain who is not only Pro War butt, he's Pro Pro War... lol

Kerry only said what Obama said around the mulberry bush. "We do NOT NEED CONGRESSIONAL APPROVAL!"

Obama " although I don't need Congressional Approval because I am Commander and Chief... I will go to Congress first" " err then I'll attack no matter what!"

lol

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I could be other reasons as why the corporate dictatorship lap dog government is not allowed to be part of the assembling game beside refusing to be involved in the military actions

This news just pop up in my home page.

Report: U.K. Government Allowed Export of Chemicals to Syria | NR

The Daily Record reports the U.K. government allowed British companies to export chemicals needed to make sarin gas to Syria

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Interesting you should mention that, the FSA in Syria was until very recently headed by an American from Texas, representing the will of the Syrian people I think NOT.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

www.thegctf.org...

Cairo Declaration on Counterterrorism and the Rule of Law: Effective
Counterterrorism Practice in the Criminal Justice Sector
September 22, 2011

Egypt was partner with the US in this while Egypt did not even have a government. The protest over threw the government and they still did not have one to replace it. They ended up with the professor from California which got over thrown himself. So how will Syria turn out since it is the same GLOBAL COUNTER TERRORISM FORUM GCTF doing this? Except Turkey is partners with the US this time.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Actually the way it works with so called national security is the briefs and plans are based on a need to know...Very compartmented....That is why sometimes the left hand has no idea what the right hand is doing....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yup, a bit too coincidental two countries involved in the Arab spring ended up with American citizens(seeia) as their leaders, something is definitely afoot.
edit on 2-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Not only that.
You've heard that English muffins will now be called freedom muffins, right?

ba dum dum...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

British military chiefs are being ejected from US meetings about Syria in the first direct consequence of David Cameron’s refusal to join military action.

The role of senior British officers based at US Central Command in Tampa, Florida, has been downgraded because they cannot be trusted with high-level intelligence about a conflict with which they are no longer involved, military sources say.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

Huh? Cannot be trusted? You're kidding right? So because the British Parliament showed wisdom and restraint in saying no to war, all of sudden the British military's gotta go?

But wait a minute. What are British military doing in Tampa in the first place? :shk:

And wait a minute #2: Doesn't this imply that no matter what the US Congress says, Obama's going to proceed with the strikes anyways (as I believed)?

Damn this world's messed up.
edit on Mon Sep 2nd 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

CENTCOM has full time British and French liason officers. Other nations as well on a case by case basis. And if a nation is not involved in an operation they do not sit in on the planning although they normaly get a courtesy briefing at a later date. Planning of course does not mean approval in fact they will be planning a vareity of options that they can offer if asked. I know because this in one of many places I was assigned over the years.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

LOL, this reminds me of being kicked out of the cubby house that I helped build as a kid because I had an argument with the bully who thought he owned it - he didn't, he was just the biggest kid.

MOD ALERT

......someone has hacked into Phages account as is evidenced by the humour associated with the post.

edit on 2/9/13 by Strewth because: I'm just joking Phage......if that is actually you

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I hope the U.K and U.S fall out,it would be best for the U.K to build bridges with Germany and other EU countries,the yanks just start one war after another there has not been a single year since the Vietnam war america have not been in conflict with another country,i think we have bombed enough civilians in the past decade to say ty for ww2 now we should go our separate ways come collect your trident missiles israel will be happy for a weapons arsenal increase.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I'm sure the US will still be happy to use any intel provided by SAS who are probably already on the ground in Syria. Maybe we should eject these forces and let American special forces take over.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
As a Brit Im glad this has happened. A bit childish but it means we have nothing whatsoever to do with the killing that is about to take place.

We should side with the Russians on this one. The US govt are not a good ally, never were. They financed world war 2 (Prescott bush) yet Americans still say they won the war for us. Even though the tables had already turned by the time they entered the arena. Screw the US govt. I would gladly accept any US citizens that want to leave their country for a life in the UK. I fear for their safety. The UK govt arent too much better, but they are better.

Our Police are generally very polite and helpfull ( there are bad eggs in the police but not like the US police). They dont have tanks, LRAD or hardware of that nature. (not to the extent of the US police forces anyway, if any at all)

The average US citizens are peace loving people, I do not mean this to sound like I have anything against them. By browsing through ATS we can see that. But I fear for their safety now. Im very concerned. Striking Syria creates the perfect situation for more terror there. But then, if the US really wants the UK to participate in the killing of Syrian people, would a 'terror strike' on UK soil do the trick?

Things are about to get very ugly indeed.
edit on 3-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join