It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*LIVESTREAM* 9/3/13 2:30 PM EST - Senate Foreign Relations Committee HEARING on SYRIA. starring...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Let's HOPE that Markey can get those declassified! But I doubt it would ever happen - there's too much they are trying to hide

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The bully should have hit him harder, knock some sense into him.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Basically the UN report won't be out for another 3-4 weeks, so we are going anyways before that. Plus, other than the classified document, there is no proof that Syria used the chemical weapon.
edit on 3-9-2013 by VimanaExplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VimanaExplorer

I was wondering the same thing, - how can they declare (non)war if they don't even have all of the evidence yet?

But it seemed to me that Kerry contradicted himself so many times throughout the whole thing that I'm troubled trying to put it all back together and have it make sense!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
what about when Rand asked Kerry if he would respect the senate's decision and listen if the senate said no, and Kerry said he could not speak for the pres? Clearly Obama was going to war with or without approval.

ie, this was a show for the people, not true respect as Rand said.
edit on 3-9-2013 by CottonwoodStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
This is a done deal, it is just a matter of when. 90% of the population is against it, still they won't declassify it to assure the american public. The most transparent administration ever.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

yea, it's a smoke screen to try to make everyone feel better ...... I mean, Kerry made it pretty clear they were not planning on being voted down.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Rand Paul's segment calling Kerry and Obama out on their assumption that they may use military force WITHOUT congress per the Constitution.

www.foreign.senate.gov...

3:27:00 - 3:38:00

Kerry was keeping his options open, didn't want to LIE when Obama strikes Syria without congressional approval.

I'm going to be calling my congressman every day between now and the authorization vote, SCREW this war, no more...

edit on 3-9-2013 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

the only question left now is how much retaliation will there be, they even stated in this hearing concern about Russia and it having 4 ships of the east Med, there strong military ties to Syria and basically their reaction being unpredictable!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Hahaha I love how McCain gets all squirmy right off the bat,(as soon as Rand speaks) did you notice that?? ahahahah

edit on 3-9-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com... Here is something I found interesting. It supposedly show Mc cain playing poker on his Iphone during hearing.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by Tarzan the apeman. because: yes .yes

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

the only question left now is how much retaliation will there be, they even stated in this hearing concern about Russia and it having 4 ships of the east Med, there strong military ties to Syria and basically their reaction being unpredictable!

I think, Russia will warn etc, but won't get directly involved. Still, there is a possibility that it will escalate beyond Syria if Iran getting involved. Then may be, Russia may be more vocal.

The syrian people have to suffer endless bombing. I feel really sorry for the people in ME.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Your boss is wrong. He is goibg to congress because of they say yes he can spread the blame and it looks like the people were represented (to the international stage) and if Congress says no, Obams will go to Syria anyway.

I've been afraid a lot of people think like your boss. It puts Obama in a lot better light than the reality.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.
www.washingtonpost.com... Here is something I found interesting. It supposedly show Mc cain playing poker on his Iphone during hearing.

Yea, probably turned on poker after texting his buddy Obama that he will get his war. War for everybody!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I find it interesting that their timeline of when they will actually have all of the evidence is 3-4 weeks, which falls right in the timeline of the FEMA Region III alert. And all of this comes right after the big terror threat that shut down international travel for some, and closed the offices overseas.

Or am I just being uuber paranoid ?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
well im in Algeria at the moment, just further down the mediteranean thank God, and I don't think we will ever know the truth of if this was a flase flag perpetrated to enter Syria or if the Assad regime did it. This is a done deal now and I feel sorry for all those affected.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jusvistn

I find it interesting that their timeline of when they will actually have all of the evidence is 3-4 weeks, which falls right in the timeline of the FEMA Region III alert. And all of this comes right after the big terror threat that shut down international travel for some, and closed the offices overseas.

well I read the fema alert but wasn't that based on some natural disaster happening? All I can say, which I say to my mom is, just be as prepared as you can, but truly unless this is an emp, no one knows what natural disaster will predictably occur.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jusvistn

Oh, and your not paranoid, your being smart.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn

yah they are trying to hide things, but as the saying goes, the truth will find its way out and lets hope this turns out better this time then the past.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by Tarzan the apeman.

Yea, probably turned on poker after texting his buddy Obama that he will get his war. War for everybody!

Drudge is running this story with same picture as lead story right now.

edit on 9/3/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join