It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia issues travel warning regarding the United States

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
TBH headlines are way over reacting for flags and stars. its just telling everyone that is wanted by the USA to not to travel to. no way shape or form is it to say something is going to happen here in the states

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

www.nytimes.com

MOSCOW — Countries often issue travel advisories warning citizens of danger abroad: war, for instance, or a terrorist threat or an outbreak of disease. The Russian Foreign Ministry posted advice of a somewhat different nature on Monday, cautioning people wanted by the United States not to visit nations that have an extradition treaty with it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Can you people not read?? or perhaps you have a problem comprehending the words...

This statement is a positive towards US relations not a negative.

The statement means that if you are a criminal wanted by the United States and you visit Russia... The Russian authorities will extradite back to the US.

This is a friendly move, Pro US.

So how do you get from this to what the OP appears to be suggesting??

Korg.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
more like dont get caught so you can tell us everything you know

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Americans can't hardly get a fair trial in America anymore! Putin thinks *OBAMA* boy is a bigger dictator than he is, and I would have to agree. Pres did basically state that although he would wait for congressional approval, it wouldn't really matter what they came back with, he will do what he wants to do, because that is the way he has always done things. A spoiled brat that can't stand to be told NO in my opinion.
edit on Tue Sep 3 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I suppose it gives the chance for more Americans who are travelling to pretend that they are Canadian...

I have travelled a great deal over the years and I have seen many American citizens who were wearing the Canadian flag sewn to their clothing so that people didn't think that they are from the US..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
I suppose it gives the chance for more Americans who are travelling to pretend that they are Canadian...

sorry had to do it...

Korg.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jusvistn

Pres did basically state that although he would wait for congressional approval, it wouldn't really matter what they came back with, he will do what he wants to do, because that is the way he has always done things.

I'm not sure about that this time. From what I read, Obama wanted to move forward without Congressional approval, but did state that he was having his administration check into the legalities of it first. I'm guessing the "legality" didn't allow him this opportunity and that's why he's now waiting for Congressional approval. My understanding was that there was talk of impeachment surrounding this issue too, if he went ahead and moved forward without them.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

So much for Obama 'resetting relations' with Russia, eh?
Russia is trying to hurt our tourist industry. Hurt our income.
It's childish .. but I can't say that I blame Putin at all.
Obama makes us an easy target for this kind of stuff ...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

Can you people not read?? or perhaps you have a problem comprehending the words...

The statement means that if you are a criminal wanted by the United States and you visit Russia... The Russian authorities will extradite back to the US.

Tell us again who's not capable of reading? Here's the second paragraph of the article.

“Warning for Russian citizens traveling internationally,” the Foreign Ministry bulletin said. “Recently, detentions of Russian citizens in various countries, at the request of American law enforcement, have become more frequent — with the goal of extradition and legal prosecution in the United States.”

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Tell us again who's not capable of reading? Here's the second paragraph of the article.

“Warning for Russian citizens traveling internationally,” the Foreign Ministry bulletin said. “Recently, detentions of Russian citizens in various countries, at the request of American law enforcement, have become more frequent — with the goal of extradition and legal prosecution in the United States.”

Well you for one.... Re-read the OP....

Originally posted by ProfessorChaos

www.nytimes.com

MOSCOW — Countries often issue travel advisories warning citizens of danger abroad: war, for instance, or a terrorist threat or an outbreak of disease. The Russian Foreign Ministry posted advice of a somewhat different nature on Monday, cautioning people wanted by the United States not to visit nations that have an extradition treaty with it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Korg.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

You do realize that the quote I posted came from that SAME original article?

You do realize that Russia is accusing the U.S. of "kidnapping" Russian citizens from other countries while they are traveling and having them extradited to the U.S. to face trial?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

The Russian Foreign Ministry posted advice of a somewhat different nature on Monday, cautioning people wanted by the United States not to visit nations that have an extradition treaty with it.

This statment is about People who think they might be wanted by the US government. Its not like Russia is telling Americans to stay away from them.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You do realize that the quote I posted came from that SAME original article?

You do realize that Russia is accusing the U.S. of "kidnapping" Russian citizens from other countries while they are traveling and having them extradited to the U.S. to face trial?

Two sides of the same Coin...

You do realize that Russia has an extradition treaty with USA don't you?? Signed in 1893.

Souce: - From Tsar to Snowden, US-Russian Extradition Deal Saw Quiet Demise

So this article was written in support of extraditing any criminal wanted by the US from Russian territory.

Probably raised due to the Snowden affair.

In addition if you were a criminal there are very few places left on earth that you could go without the threat of Extradition... Here is a list of other countries with extradition treaties in place with the US.

Albania
Antigua and Barbuda
Argentina
Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Barbados
Belgium
Belize
Bolivia
Brazil
Bulgaria
Burma
Canada
Chile
Colombia
Congo
Costa Rica
Cuba
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominica
Dominican Republic
Ecuador
Egypt
El Salvador
Estonia
Fiji
Finland
France
Gambia
Germany
Ghana
Greece
Grenada
Guatemala
Guyana
Haiti
Honduras
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
India
Iraq
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kenya
Kiribati
Korea, South
Latvia
Lesotho
Liberia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malawi
Malaysia
Malta
Mauritius
Mexico
Monaco
Nauru
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Nigeria
Norway
Pakistan
Panama
Papua New Guinea
Paraguay
Peru
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
San Marino
Seychelles
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Slovenia
Slovak Republic
Solomon Islands
South Africa
Spain
Sri Lanka
Suriname
Swaziland
Sweden
Switzerland
Tanzania
Thailand
Tonga
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkey
Tuvalu
United Kingdom
Uruguay
Venezuela
Yugoslavia[3]
Zambia
Zimbabwe

Source: List of United States extradition treaties

Korg.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You do realize that Russia has an extradition treaty with USA don't you?? Signed in 1893.

Your attempt at understanding the article and CYA is failing. Just go back and read the article. Here, let me help you one small paragraph at a time. This has NOTHING to do with Russia extraditing anyone to the U.S.

Citing examples in Costa Rica, the Dominican Republic, Lithuania and Spain, the Foreign Ministry said, “Experience shows that the judicial proceedings against those who were in fact kidnapped and taken to the U.S. are of a biased character, based on shaky evidence, and clearly tilted toward conviction.”

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Your attempt at understanding the article and CYA is failing. Just go back and read the article. Here, let me help you one small paragraph at a time. This has NOTHING to do with Russia extraditing anyone to the U.S.

I think we are going to have to disagree. Your slant on this article is sensationalizing something that is clearly a strengthening of Russia's acknowledgement of the US Extradition treaty.

Clearly your attempts to wind me up by asserting I am unable to understand the article that in itself has been miss understood by yourself is frankly silly.

Korg.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Listen, I'm not trying to wind you up. You were the first person to accuse everyone else of not understanding what was written in the original article. Just maybe, to keep from looking like a bigger fool, you should be the one to refrain from accusing anyone else of their level of understanding. Especially when it's obvious you never read the entire article before you posted.

How you could miss that this article was talking about Russian citizens traveling abroad and being "kidnapped" by the U.S. from other countries in order to face criminal charges in the U.S. is beyond me, but I'm not going to argue with you about it any more.

edit on 3-9-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Listen, I'm not trying to wind you up. You were the first person to accuse everyone else of not understanding what was written in the original article. Just maybe, to keep from looking like a bigger fool, you should be the one to refrain from accusing anyone else of their level of understanding. Especially when it's obvious you never read the entire article before you posted.

Re-read the OP.... Final time I will say it.

Korg.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
if women would were political leaders.this would not happen
edit on 3-9-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by kauskau because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Russia doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US, so your conclusion is false.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

There is no formal extradition treaty between Russia and the United States. Russian officials cited the lack of such an agreement as a main reason they could not forcibly return Mr. Snowden from the transit zone of Sheremetyevo Airport in Moscow, where he lived for more than a month until his temporary asylum request was approved.

www.nytimes.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1    3 >>

join