It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia issues travel warning regarding the United States

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Russia issues travel warning regarding the United States

www.nytimes.com

MOSCOW — Countries often issue travel advisories warning citizens of danger abroad: war, for instance, or a terrorist threat or an outbreak of disease. The Russian Foreign Ministry posted advice of a somewhat different nature on Monday, cautioning people wanted by the United States not to visit nations that have an extradition treaty with it.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Looks like the 'Cold War' is starting to heat up again.
It'll be interesting to see what the next move will be for the U.S. in this little game of political chess.

Is this a tit for tat over the travel warning the U.S. issued to homosexuals regarding Russia? or is Putin attempting to show some kind of superiority over Obama after his perceived retreat from the Syria issue after very strong, very public comments about attacking? or is it a little bit of both?

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If it does kick into full swing again, I just want to post this message here so it will remain in history:

This sh*t is so f*cking dumb

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just common sense really, if you are wanted in some country don't visit anywhere that you can be extradited to it from.

just ask Ronnie Biggs!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorChaos

From the article, it looks like Russia is warning that Russians aren't capable of getting a fair trial in the American justice system. Definitely sounds like cold war talk to me. Especially since Russia's foreign ministry used the word "kidnap" to describe the U.S. waiting until Russians travel to other countries to have them extradited.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

From the article, it looks like Russia is warning that Russians aren't capable of getting a fair trial in the American justice system.

I wonder how many Russian Journalists Putin has killed outright......

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

LOL! That's probably why Russia was also complaining about the U.S. refusing to extradite Russians back to Russia.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Russia is MORALLY superior to America.

You didn't know? We dont need travel warning to figure that out...........

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I think this one is gonna be far from cold. Were due for humanity to suffer millions of deaths, with today's tech maybe billions, when the blood dries and the smoke clears, the survivors will be begging for a one world leadership that will put a stop to the violence. Once that happens, i will fear and wait in anticipation for what comes next. I cant see any good coming from it. Especially since the ones in charge now that are causing all the BS are pushing for it so much
edit on 2-9-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I am in no doubt humanity is entering end game the whole Muslim agenda has been a massive smoke screen to get everyone wound up as before it the world was getting along nicely. I predict a surprise Chinese attack within 3 months

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Memo to the US and Russia:

One of you should just grow up and let the other have the last word. That's how adults put an end to the "dialogue of the dummies".

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
To me it sounds as if Putin is trying to be a stand up comedian. No threat of any kind just trying to be sarcastic in his own world wide announcement kind of way.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Im 100% serious when I say I am scared of Detroit and Chicago more than I was when I was in Bogota Colombia in 2006
edit on 2-9-2013 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Im 100% serious when I say I am scared of Detroit and Chicago more than I was when I was in Bogota Colombia in 2006

Probably because you are more familiar with the threats in your home country/culture than you are in a "strange land"

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well maybe we should all be issuing warnings for our own people to not travel to places with whom Russia has extradition treaties with.

Or.. maybe our own leaderships actually think our people don't actually require the warning.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Probably because you are more familiar with the threats in your home country/culture than you are in a "strange land"

Sure, but why must Chicago feel like a strange land? I rolled my window down for 3 seconds in that city. I did not even get it half way down before some guy ran into the street and stuck his hand in the window. The guy driving who had been there before says, "What the @#$% are you doing don't ever roll that window down again until we get out of here." Like, duh.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Perhaps Putin expects things to escalate in the coming weeks.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze

I think this one is gonna be far from cold. Were due for humanity to suffer millions of deaths, with today's tech maybe billions, when the blood dries and the smoke clears,

I bet you are a blast at parties. lol

Sorry but could you clarify: "...We're due for humanity to suffer millions of deaths...maybe billions..."

Due? I don't know what you've been up to, but I have been behaving myself.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by sonnny1

LOL! That's probably why Russia was also complaining about the U.S. refusing to extradite Russians back to Russia.

Yeah, like the Snowden of the 1970's:
www.youtube.com...
Yuri Bezmenov: Deception Was My Job (Complete)

The game is the same, only the tables are turned.

Not so ironically, just as Yuri Bezmenov predicted.

And by predicted I don't mean as in Nostradamus; but rather predicted as in Sun Tzu.

edit on 3-9-2013 by GenerationGap because: Just because I'm Thoreau. Hehe.

edit on 3-9-2013 by GenerationGap because: Just because I'm super Thoreau.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
If it does kick into full swing again, I just want to post this message here so it will remain in history:

This sh*t is so f*cking dumb

Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Ridiculous amounts of radiation contaminating the sea.
"But Idol's on!"

Stupid "who" was the bigger penis-politics happening, and people losing their minds over a girl twerking.

I'd like to add to your comment:

We are firetrucked!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join