It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why real predictions aren't publicly posted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Imagine yourself for a moment that you were given a random prediction of a pending event. Let's say this coming Saturday a major metropolitan city is supposedly going to get bombed which is what you dreamed of last night (I didn't it's just a random example). Well, you decide to go public with this and then when it does happen, you immediately get raided and interrogated because you're treated as a spy for the enemy or rather a traitor to them so your info becomes valuable. Obviously you won't be able to explain to them how you knew because you just did. Doesn't really make sense to them so you're in hot water, or rather cold water treatment if you get my drift.

Now say you accurately predict a mall shooting and exactly what happens. Guess what? The cops will be at your door because to them you clearly knew it was going to happen and you're obviously good friends with that person that did it. Saying that it was a psychic prediction isn't going to cut it because the evidence is there against you.

However, if you do predict something that is positive for example the next 5 superbowl tournaments match by match, you'll be worshipped by some and others will say it is just chance or you understand high-level predictive math (which legend has it that there are banned books about this subject). Is that really what you want, to be worshipped or bothered because you predicted things? What if you get it wrong on the 6th superbowl? Your head will be served on a platter because your reputation was perfect and a lot of money was put on the line because of you.

To go forth in public about any prediction besides simple kinds that is posted on ATS, is probably not a good idea. But when people do make accurate predictions is it because they were psychic or because they had factual evidence that leaded them to their conclusion which may or may not have had some chance involved? Either way, I believe that we all have premonitions from time to time whether it's personal or global, and it's not that big of a deal unless you somehow got a premonition of the lottery (how sweet would that be?). But I think going completely public about any premonition is bad news for you. It's one of those things that only works on a local level, otherwise you'll be hit with terrible "karma" so to speak.

What are your thoughts about this? Do you have any other ideas why someone should or shouldn't go public with their premonitions?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I don't believe in predictions because time is finite. Time started at the big bang and ends in the present. To predict the future would mean to have control over quantum physics. Meaning also that out of the infinite probabilities that could happen in the next second, let alone the next day or week, even year that individual picked the precise outcome. Life isn't about certainties, it's about probabilities. And that's why we don't see real predictions posted, not because people are afraid of an authoritative figure in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I was hoping for some examples of some predictions that have come true, other than the Narnia9 prediction of a disaster which was the Japanese tsunami. Other than hers, I don't know of any. But if I could predict things, I wouldn't tell anyone.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Saying that it was a psychic prediction isn't going to cut it because the evidence is there against you.

What evidence?

If it was a genuine psychic prediction, and that prediction came true, it would be up to a prosecution team to prove that the prediction was not a psychic instance.

I would say the reason why nobody has ever made a genuine meaningful psychic prediction of any major event......is because they can't.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There are always psychics arrested because they gave the police information, and because it turned out true. The police start believing that they MUST have commited the crime. That happens all the time.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

There are always psychics arrested because they gave the police information, and because it turned out true. The police start believing that they MUST have commited the crime.
That happens all the time.

It happens all the time?.....you obviously have a number of examples of this happening then?

I shall eagerly await your sources/links!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Let me re-phrase that. There have been many times a psychic went to the police to help, and were suspiciously interrogated by them due to the info they provided. As in: how could they know this? How did they know where the body was?

This goes back many years to around the 1970s-80's when psychics were beginning to be respected for their psychic impressions. Police department now-a-days, have psychics they use regularily when all avenues have been exhausted.

In the early days...some....were looked at with suspicion of inside knowledge of a particular case.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
No problems with authorities, was condemed by many both before and after the event. My karma is clear.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Whatever happened to all those people who correctly predicted that AA would suffer a massive share crash due to the events of 911. They were all very accurate predictions in fact some of these people made millions of dollars in put options on the back of their prophesies.

Clearly some people do indeed have the power of foresight ...!!!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I have no doubt many people have dreamed of events prior to them occurring that never are mentioned, posted, or discussed. The problem with having dreams of possible future events is that you never know which will really happen and which won't. And then you have the worry of if you have a strong feeling or reoccurring dream of an event looming after one or multiple dreams & gut feeling, who do you tell, how will it help, and really....who would listen and do something?

I dream very vividly. Something I consider normal since it has been for my entire life that I know. I have at times over the years dreamt of things that have happened prior to them occurring. The first few times I was younger and when it happened, it was a deja vu feeling that I had to think back and remember, the reason it felt like deja vu was because I had dreamt it and felt it prior to it actually happening.

I learned a few things along the way growing up with these dreams. The reoccurring ones, the ones that physically effect me, those are the normally the dreams I pay the most attention to and it isn't until I am really concerned or feel maybe someone would benefit, that I then share anything of it.

Dreams aren't exactly something you discuss around the coffee pot at work or during a nice dinner and wine with friends. I have a feeling if more people discussed them on occasion, we would find that many of us may have similar dreams at times.

I have become more comfortable discussing my dreams as I have grown. With age does come wisdom and less worry of what anyone thinks.

Back in 2005 I was made fun of by some friends and family after canceling a vacation destination that had been planned out the year prior to visit Cancun, tour the Mayan ruins, swim with the dolphins, etc... It was an anniversary and always going to be during that third week in July. Due to a repeated dream of a storm, mass chaos, and gut feeling, I refused to book there when working with the travel agent in March of that year. Instead I booked at an entirely different location on a whim that had never been discussed but I had come across in a quick search of locations to visit. Friends and family thought I was crazy. I had always wanted to tour the ruins and here I was canceling due to a dream and "feeling" I had that something wasn't right.
Well, the day I was set to fly out, a hurricane was hitting Cancun. All airports were shut down, it was mass chaos down there. So, I am glad I endured the smart comments and ridicule, I had a great vacation week in the British Virgin Islands and from then on, I never worried about what anyone may say or think about one of my dreams and also learned to pay more attention to the repeated ones and ones that affect me physically.

There were many before that happened and have been several other since that time, but they are normally not something I openly discuss as a "prediction". I never really know for sure until it happens.
Then, in certain things of a mass scale, like the Japan Tsunami, I have to ask myself, why did I dream that? What was the reason for me to see that unfold when there was essentially nothing I could have said or done to prevent it anyway.
I did discuss that one with a few people and told them about my repeated dream and how I had a sick feeling it was getting ready to happen soon, even the day prior I spoke about it (although I did not know it was the day prior at the time) and the next morning my phone was ringing off the hook because those people woke up to the news of the Japan Tsunami with images much as I had dreamed. And again, what purpose did that serve?
None really.

I have had some recently that are rather disturbing but I am not ready to discuss just yet for reasons posted in this thread.

I just felt like sharing some of this information. It is a fascinating topic and an untapped area of science.
Our brains are firing off at night as we sleep and who knows what we tap into. A data base of information where time does not exist. Past, Present, and Future are all the same.

My favorite quote is from Einstein, “The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed."

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Em2013
Do you have any other ideas why someone should or shouldn't go public with their premonitions?

I"ve been to three psychics over the years. I know a few people with 'gifts' as well.
I've asked them if they get 'big' premonitions or make 'big' prophecies.
They said that they don't get advanced notice of 'big' things like 9/11, tsunamis etc.
They only get information that can help individual people and that to get something
big like an advance notice of a major tsunami would just be frustrating because they
couldn't do anything about it. And the good side of the universe wouldn't stress them
out like that ... telling them about tragedy coming and not give them the means to stop it.

Anyways .. that's what they told me.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Yea if someone were to predict something, an event, that had to do with national security, some act of war ect yea they are going to check you out. Not as someone that predicted the event out of some supernatural knowledge of same, but as someone that had real world knowledge and intelligence of the event by way of other persons or associations. For all they know the predictor is simply using the excuse of "gifts" as a cover to leak intel while covering their real world involvement of knowledge. They would want that source.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

Just a little research shows that Edgar Cayce darn near went batty because of people constantly bothering him for readings.

If I had the "gift", I probably would not go public with it either. At least not until I had a proven track record of correct predictions with friends and family.

Even then I would think long and hard about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Great contribution guys (and gals?)! I learned a lot already, although I don't have much to contribute at this point. I don't normally have predictions beyond myself outside the bounds of a few minutes or a few hours and it seems rather random. I'm also uncertain if I can read the mind of those I talk to or I can just predict the very near future on what they are about to say. This doesn't happen all the time but lately it's becoming very frequent.

I know if I ended up honing this ability, I wouldn't go to public with it because well, as the examples stated above I'd either go crazy from people bugging me or I'd be labelled a terrorist for knowing about a plot or something.I'd only warn those near me and understand those warnings for myself but nothing more. But if I were really good at predicting I'd go buy scratch-off tickets and test it out by pointing which scratch off I want and see if I could win from those. And then, I'd go through a lotto ticket and go through each number as many times as necessary to get a prediction of the future. If I were to win a hundred million by this method, I'd obviously have to donate some to ATS
But I doubt I'll ever get to that point if it does decide to grow.

new topics

top topics

join