It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart plays Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven (Makes Robert Plant cry)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
OMG that even made ME cry by the end of it. And I loved how the chorale held the final chord there. That whole thing was awesome. Thanks so much OP.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   
A great version of the song, wonderful sounding guitars....

Awesome........

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
One of the greatest songs of all time, a real classic.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

AAAAAAARRRGRGGGGGHHHHHH.

I got tears.

Way too much emotions for me....and so perfectly performed. Amazing.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I never saw that. Thanks for sharing. Definitely got me awake and ready to face the long long work day.
So much fun to see Page getting into the music and liking the way they did the song.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
As much as I love Nancys voice and that cover wasn't bad. Plant owns that song. Its like hearing Plant sing Barracuda, it wouldn't be quite the same. The originals are always the best.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

I felt that way about the guitar solo....NO ONE can play that like Page. Of course, they are different musicians, doing their own renditions of the song....but Jimmy Page is a one of a kind, and I don't think it is possible to even come close to the way he plays it. Ann Wilson is the same.....great voice and one of a kind. I think she did a great job considering she's older, and overweight (which does affect her singing). Whatever though....I can't stop watching this

edit on 9/3/2013 by StealthyKat because: typo

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
In a business of competition, it's nice to see groups honouring other groups.
I grew up listening to Zeppelin and Heart....this video showed respect, and it made me cry.
Seeing them all getting older is sad.
I always enjoy watching musicians pay tribute to other musicians.
Thank you for the video!
jacygirl

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I am so glad you folks are enjoying this as much as I have. Also nice to know Im not the only one it brought a tear too.

Like StealthyKat mentioned above, it isnt like Heart are babes in the woods. Being that Ann Wilson is 63 and Nancy 59, I think they deserve all the praise they have been receiving for this. I often wonder just how many bands of today are going to have the longevity some of the bands of the 60's, 70's have had. Who will be the 60 and 70 year old rockers on stage when they hit that age?

Kind of funny when you think about they cliche' they sold their souls... So many were a bit twisted in the 60's 70's. So many drugged out of their minds. Yet, with all that we had a movement for peace, flower power, and end the friggin wars. Stoned as the people were, at least they got out and protested their unhappiness with government and war etc. A lot more then I can say for this day and age. I suppose this is a topic for another thread though, so I'll stop here with that thought.

I dont think anyone sold their souls, I think the angels truly blessed Jimmy Page with a genius for music, plain and simple. I think they were blessed to see their genius mirrored back to them through Hearts rendition of one of their greatest contributions to the music industry.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   

All that stuff about "selling their souls" was nothing more than something to create controversy to attract attention etc........create notoriety..........bands and singers still do it today, except they do it with outrageous sexual stuff *cough miley cyrus cough*

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Just wanted you to know I took the time to listen to this and I thank you for posting it. I enjoyed it as well. Not quite as much as Hearts, but I certainly enjoyed the music and arrangement of it, The guy lead singer was kind of creepy though with his eyes all bugged out! Kind of reminded me of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory if he had to sing it....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat

All that stuff about "selling their souls" was nothing more than something to create controversy to attract attention etc........create notoriety..........bands and singers still do it today, except they do it with outrageous sexual stuff *cough miley cyrus cough*

Touche' StealthyKat, touche'.... lol that ending cough made me laugh

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ann and Nancy Wilson did a great cover. They need somebody better on electric guitar though I've seen high school kids do better.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Ann and Nancy Wilson did a great cover. They need somebody better on electric guitar though I've seen high school kids do better.
I agree with you on that - Heart have always been huge Zeppelin fans - so it was natural for them to do this tune justice no matter what.

However, I'm gonna have to vehemently disagree with you regarding needing a better guitarist --- Shane Fontayne did an exceptional job for this performance.

And those high school kids you speak of sure must be some freaks of nature, because it sure takes some experience/skill and/or a gift from the stars in order to pull off the feel and natural tone of Jimmy Page...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Awesome find and thanks for taking the time to share this with everyone!

Remakes don't usually do it to me, but this was awesome. Stairway to Heaven is the greatest song of all time, by the greatest rock band of all time. I've heard the song countless times and sang it in my head even more and everytime I get chills. It would be awesome if they were to include Robert Plant in a version of the song.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I don't think anyone has mentioned that original drummer John Bonham's son Jason is the drummer in this video. I think that is where alot of the emotion comes from. This is an awesome video. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by gghg1
I don't think anyone has mentioned that original drummer John Bonham's son Jason is the drummer in this video. I think that is where alot of the emotion comes from. This is an awesome video. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for pointing that out as I kept meaning to mention it. That did add a certain extra flavor to it. What a honor for him and special day Im sure.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Nothing like old rock and rollers, your could see every note every vibration of that song going through
Robert Plant and Jimmy page.
All that's left are the memories of one of the greatest bands ever to grace a stage.

My sister was one of the lucky ones to see this band perform live in concert back in the day
I remember begging to go with her but alas I was too young to go. I did see Robert Plant back in the 80's
When he was doing Sea of Love with the Honey Drippers and just came out with Big Log....

love me some Robert Plant!!

edit on 3-9-2013 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Anne is one of the most under-rated singers of all time.
I truth, she is such a great singer, I also don't know how people can miss it.
This video, (I have not read your thread yet), but I already know.
This arrangement of Stairway to Heaven is as if God himself came down unto the cherubim and cast out a thought that they would be unpresidentedly

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

It's the truth though
In the entertainment world bad publicity is GOOD publicity...but great bands like Zeppelin really didn't need it.......The Miley Cyrus types DO
Wonder what Robert Plant and Jimmy Page thought of her "act" LMAO......Geez....what passes for talent today is PATHETIC.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join