It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart plays Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven (Makes Robert Plant cry)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Well, I have no idea how I missed this, but Im very thankful I got to see it today. Better late than never so they say. Being a old die hard Heart and Led Zeppelin fan, this really really touched me. I guess this took place last Dec. 2.

A snippet:

There have been some mighty horrible renditions of Led Zeppelin‘s Stairway To Heaven, but when Nancy and Ann Wilson of Heart performed the song in front of the three remaining members of the legendary British rock band at the Kennedy Center Honors ceremony on Dec. 2, it made Robert Plant cry tears of joy.

The video, I hope you enjoy it as much as I.

edit on 9/2/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Personally, I cried when I saw this cover of rock & roll's biggest stadium anthem of all time. I know y'all did too

edit on 2-9-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Absolutely fantastic.
Love the Zep.
edit on 2-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Super awesome. Saw Heart back in the Barracuda days at the Paramount Theater., they still sound great.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

Awesome absolutely awesome

Thanks for this I know someone who is a die hard Zeppelin fan and he will dig this, well sung and well done.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Lol that was pretty cool, never seen that one either! Thanks for sharing. Have to say that one touched me in quite a different way though

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RAY1990

For the longest time I have had a remix of this song but it was a mix done with Zep and Pink Floyd. After listening to the original over and over for years this mix made it all brand new too me. Now I think I have a new favorite of it with this Heart rendition. Its close either way.

I could never find a video of the zep floyd mix, just have the mp3, but man it kicks ..... well you know!

edit on 9/2/13 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That was the absolute best version of that song that I've ever heard. Amazing!

There is one other version of "Stairway to Heaven" that is equally unique that I enjoy watching once in a while. I accidentally stumbled across them while looking for a different classic rock song (which they performed also, among many other well-known songs):

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Wonderful! I didn't even know Heart was still around.

That gregorian one doing Zepplin...Now I can truly say I have heard everything.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Since you posted 5 minutes after I did, and that video is almost 10 minutes long, I hope you watched all the way to the end, which is the best part.

But yes, it's definitely a more unique version of that song.

edit on 2-9-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
One of my most favorite songs of all time. Thanks guys for sharing the different versions. Heart did an awesome job.

A bit on the humerous side... here is Gilligans Island theme sung to the tune of Stairway to Heaven

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Wow.... I cried. That was incredible.....It made me sad to see Robert look so old....knowing he won't be with us for a whole lot longer. I think that is what touched him so much as well........knowing that when he's gone he's left such a mark on the world and that he will live on through this music.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
did you ever wonder what happened to Zep? I did. So I looked.
they, like almost all successful musicians, were making deals with supernatural (demons) and it seems when they wanted out people around them started dying and they had horrible "luck" and paranoia, which dissolved the band.
see Bob Dylan admit on 60 minutes to selling his soul for fame (he talks about it cuz he is now a Christian)... John Lennon also made the deal, but he never turned to Christ and was taken.
research satanism and entertainment industry. it is not what you think. Zep was notorious in their day and there is a price to pay. In a free will reality governed by rules both material and spiritual, occultists only get out of the "Hotel California" by turning to Jesus Christ.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
It's nice to hear someone hit all the original notes on the end vocals,

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   

How great is that? I've seen Heart do Zeppelin before. Rock n Roll.
But this was one well put together performance. On my playlist!

As I was searching for other Covers of the song. I found this little gem. THIRTY covers on one LP, or 8-track.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Verum1quaere

No..........

I did not wonder what broke Led Zeppelin up, because it was a very famous break up which most people know about. John Bonham (drummer) had a very serious drinking problem (notice I said "drinking problem, not "demon problem")....he died in his sleep after throwing up and aspirating his vomit. The band decided they could not continue as Led Zeppelin without him, as it would not be the same band anymore.

Here are the FACTS....if anyone wants to know them en.wikipedia.org...-up:_1978.E2.80.9380:

.....PLEASE don't come here and ruin this great thread with all this devil worshipping stuff ok? If you want to get into all that, start a new thread on it....that's not the subject matter of THIS particular thread.
edit on 9/2/2013 by StealthyKat because: corrected link

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I don't know StealthyKat. Jack Black might disagree. Here's an excerpt from his speech at the very same Kennedy Center Honors:

You know, they say Led Zeppelin sold their souls to Satan. C'mon guys, you know you did!

There's no other way to explain your ungodly talents. I just want say thank you because, while you're in Hell, the human race will cherish your heavenly jams to the end of time.

It's a small price to pay.

Jus' goofing'…maybe, but it was a pretty creepy crowd: Obama, Letterman, Jack Black…the leftover demons from Boleskine (Page claimed that the house was haunted by a severed head.)

I mean...give the Devil his due.

edit on 3-9-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Awww c'mon.....it's called sarcasm....he's mocking that story that has been circulated as it was above....Jack Black is a comedian who was making fun of that.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I think you guys missed the biggest screw up of all....

Watching Heart play Zeppelin in a TUX?!

Gimme a break.

(And yes, I'm aware who was there, and where they were at. It's called sarcasm, lighten up)

Would've loved to have heard her sing this song 20 years ago when she still had that raw edge to her voice, it would've been awesome.

/don't hate

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I tried to do that song using Cakewalk Music Creator, but the main problem was to find voicing for Robert Plant. So I didn't do it, but some time later, I tweaked the Triangle II synth the way that the sound could be somewhat used. I tried to emulate the classic version of the song, but pasted the band's live performance for the last few measures starting with Jason Bonham's crash cymbal: "And she's buuuying...." Robert Plant's voice box has aged and so they had to tune down one step.
crop720.tripod.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join