It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jewish Feast Days of the Blood Moons and their meanings for Christians.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

They served three primary purposes: (1) To remember and celebrate what God has done (2) To draw one into a deeper understanding and relationship with Him in establishing and explaining certain truths (3) To serve as signposts in guiding God's elect and covenant people to learn God's plan for the ages. These Seven Feasts of the Lord are much more than just religious ritual or religious tradition. They point to events of both past and future history. In fact, the Hebrew word for “feasts” (moadim) literally means "appointed times." God has carefully planned and orchestrated the timing and sequence of each of these seven feasts to reveal to us a special story. The feasts correspond to the two agricultural seasons. In Israel there is a time of rain in the spring (former rain) and a time of rain in the fall (latter rain). This division relates to the two appearances that Messiah is to make on the earth: "…and he shall come unto us as the rain, as the latter and former rain unto the earth." (Hos. 6:3)

How does the division relate?

There are four feast in spring(First Coming), a break in the summer(The Church Age), and the feast during the fall(Second Coming).

Feast of Passover

One of the important aspects of Passover and the arrival of Messiah is the timing. Several times in scripture people sought to lay hands on Jesus which would have possibly led to his death. They were unable to do so because His "hour" had not yet come (John 7:30; 8:20). Then at the triumphal entry when Jesus enters Jerusalem (which we discovered was predicted to the day by the Prophet Daniel in our previous section) he declares, "The hour is come, that the Son of Man should be glorified... Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour;: but for this cause came I unto this hour". (John 12: 23, 27) As that Passover Lamb, Jesus was officially presented to the nation on Palm Sunday, the tenth of Nisan as demanded in the Law (Exodus 10:3). He was then put up for examination for four days in accordance with the Law to show beyond a shadow of a doubt that He truly was the Lamb of God, without spot or blemish. When John saw Jesus approach him for baptism that he declared, "Behold the lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world". (Matthew 22:46) This was the lamb that had been promised to Abraham. When Isaac asked his father Abraham where the sacrifice was, Abraham responded, "My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering". (Genesis 22:8) As the fourteenth of Nisan approaches, Jesus prepares to be killed by the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel as required of the Lamb (Exodus 12:6). "And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all, Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not. And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation; And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad". John 11:49-54. As high priest Caiaphas officially chose the sacrifice which was required by the law. "Then the band and the captain and officers of the Jews took Jesus, and bound him, And led him away to Annas first; for he was father in law to Caiaphas, which was the high priest that same year. Now Caiaphas was he, which gave counsel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man should die for the people". John 18:12-14
The language here of being bound and lead away is that of a lamb being led to a slaughter. Yet as that lamb (Jesus) is being led to the slaughter, He is silent just as predicted by Isaiah:
"He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth". Isaiah 53:7
"And the high priest stood up in the midst, and asked Jesus, saying, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee? But he held his peace, and answered nothing". Mark 14:60, 61
This brings us to the crucifixion itself on the fourteenth of Nisan.
John in his gospel noted that Jesus died at the same time that the Passover lambs were being slaughtered in the Temple (John 19:14) and that like the Passover lambs, none of his bones were broken (the others being crucified had their leg bones broken by the Romans—John 19:32, 33, 36).

Feast of Sukkot

The most obvious symbol of Sukkot is the simple hut called the "sukkah" (booth or tabernacle). For seven days out of the year the Israelites are commanded to dwell in the sukkah as a reminder of their redemption out of the land of Egypt. Jesus is our Sukkot, our Tabernacle, "The Word became flesh and lived among us" (John. 1:14). The word lived means "tabernacled". When you receive Jesus in your heart, He comes to live inside of you, and you now become a tabernacle. What you do with this tabernacle affects your entire life and future. The ancient Rabbis, who believed there were originally 70 Gentile nations, say this represents the future ingathering of the non-Jewish nations, who would one day become part of God’s Messianic Kingdom. "And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Sukkot" (Zech. 14:16). Tabernacles can be seen as representative of the Kingdom of God coming to earth. This Feast of Tabernacles, seven years after the beginning of the Tribulation, will mark the official inauguration of the Millennium. The "last great day of the feast" the eighth day, represents what will happen at the end of the Millennium, at the time of the last Judgement, the "Great White Throne" which will precede the new creation, the new heavens and the new earth on which the New Jerusalem will come down. Death will be no more. This earth's history will end and eternity with the Lord will begin (Revelation 20-21)

These are the two feast the Blood Moon tetrad pattern occurs on throughout history. The other feast all have meanings as well, but I do not have space or time to share all the research I found on them.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
You may want to add a link to where you got this info from. It would help those who want to look into it a bit more. Just copy and paste the URL into the "link" option at the top of the reply window.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

It is from an email, and I cannot find the source anywhere online otherwise I would gladly post the whole study. Anyone who would like it may respond in a private message with their email and I will send it to them.
edit on 2-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ive been reading a lot about this recently too. Quite interesting. Not done any of my own research though. Maybe now is the time to look further into it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
There are lots of articles about this on the information super highway. I would post some links but I need to read through them before I post anything as I wouldn't want to post some crazy 'out there' stuff. Some vids on YouTube also. I'll have a look shortly.

This is something I have been meaning to look into for a while and never got round to it.

They say the 4 blood moons starting in 2014 are all on the jewish holidays. Last time it happened, isreal was founded after world war 2. Something like that anyway. Each time it happens something significant happens to Isreal. This can all be verified also.

I really should look into this as I find it very interesting.
edit on 2-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

This is from the same study as above, and the only reason I think Jewish teachings have anything to do with this prophecy is because they are Gods chosen people, and part of the reason for the tribulation is the purification of Israel, so they will need to be able to look back at their own teachings and TA-DA there is God smacking them in the face with their own teachings.

The Jewish Talmud (book of tradition / Interpretation) says; “When the moon is in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel. If its face is as red as blood, (it is a sign that) the sword is coming to the world.” According to this tradition: Lunar Eclipse = bad omen for the Jewish people and Israel; Blood Moon = sword coming; Solar Eclipse = bad omen for the world. The first tetrad occurred in 1949-1950, just after the independence of the state of Israel, and the second in 1967-1968, when the Jews took back possession of Jerusalem for the first time in 2,000 years. There were no tetrads in the 17th, 18th and 19th century. There were several during the 16th century, but none corresponded with the Jewish feasts. There was only one tetrad which fell on the Feasts of the Lord in the 15th century, in 1493-1494, one year after the expulsion of the Jews from Spain, and the discovery of America, in 1492.

The tetrads can actually tie to the year 1492 and 1948 because the Lords calendar is based on the Lunar calendar not our pagan Gregorian calendar.

Now the next tetrad sequence as you probably know are in 2014-2015, and they fall on the Jewish feast days again. Now the year 2014 will most likely result in Ezekiel 38-39, and will be a direct response for Russia and Iran on Israel from the U.S. taking action on Syria and fulfilling Isaiah 17. The year 2015 is the one that scared me however. There are two blood moons on feast days(again referring to the lunar calendar) and two solar eclipses on feast days, and not to mention 2015 is the last year in the 49 year sabbatical cycle(Last year on earth for the Church), and the year of Jubilee(Jesus started his ministry on the day of the 30th Jubilee) starts on the day of Yom Kippur in 2015 and this only happens once every 50 years. I am not sure what the Blood moons will hold in store for Israel, but the first solar eclipses are signs of warning for the world. An example of this is when God causes a solar eclipse the day Jesus died. This was a sign that the world entered the Church age. Joel 2:31 and Act 2:20-21 I believe that is God telling us that the year he is coming back their will be a blood moon and one solar eclipse. It just so happens that of the two blood moons only one occurs before the partial solar eclipse. The partial occurs during the feast of rosh, and if you study then you know that some scholars believe that God hinted that the rapture would occur during the Feast of Rosh due to 1 Corinthians 15:52. Why? Because the last trumpet blast blown, which is longer than the others, by the Jews on the day of rosh is known as "the last trump." I believe God is causing a partial Solar eclipse on that day to represent that it involves all the nations, but only part of the world(the Church).

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I just started looking into these myself as of a few days ago. To be clear, according to my research, the last time it happened was in 1967 around the time of the Six Day War. Before that was around 1948 when Israel became a nation.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Fantastic post S&F.

Here's where I first read about the blood moon tetrad and the supposed correlation between past tetrads and historic events concerning Israel.

______beforeitsnews/prophecy/2013/06/blood-moon-tetrad-gods-sign-in-the-heavens-must-read-share-2449488.html

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb

This is from the same study as above, and the only reason I think Jewish teachings have anything to do with this prophecy is because they are Gods chosen people, and part of the reason for the tribulation is the purification of Israel, so they will need to be able to look back at their own teachings and TA-DA there is God smacking them in the face with their own teachings.

The Jewish Talmud (book of tradition / Interpretation) says; “When the moon is in eclipse, it is a bad omen for Israel. If its face is as red as blood, (it is a sign that) the sword is coming to the world.” According to this tradition: Lunar Eclipse = bad omen for the Jewish people and Israel; Blood Moon = sword coming; Solar Eclipse = bad omen for the world. The first tetrad occurred in 1949-1950, just after the independence of the state of Israel, and the second in 1967-1968, when the Jews took back possession of Jerusalem for the first time in 2,000 years. There were no tetrads in the 17th, 18th and 19th century. There were several during the 16th century, but none corresponded with the Jewish feasts. There was only one tetrad which fell on the Feasts of the Lord in the 15th century, in 1493-1494, one year after the expulsion of the Jews from Spain, and the discovery of America, in 1492.

The tetrads can actually tie to the year 1492 and 1948 because the Lords calendar is based on the Lunar calendar not our pagan Gregorian calendar.

Now the next tetrad sequence as you probably know are in 2014-2015, and they fall on the Jewish feast days again. Now the year 2014 will most likely result in Ezekiel 38-39, and will be a direct response for Russia and Iran on Israel from the U.S. taking action on Syria and fulfilling Isaiah 17. The year 2015 is the one that scared me however. There are two blood moons on feast days(again referring to the lunar calendar) and two solar eclipses on feast days, and not to mention 2015 is the last year in the 49 year sabbatical cycle(Last year on earth for the Church), and the year of Jubilee(Jesus started his ministry on the day of the 30th Jubilee) starts on the day of Yom Kippur in 2015 and this only happens once every 50 years. I am not sure what the Blood moons will hold in store for Israel, but the first solar eclipses are signs of warning for the world. An example of this is when God causes a solar eclipse the day Jesus died. This was a sign that the world entered the Church age. Joel 2:31 and Act 2:20-21 I believe that is God telling us that the year he is coming back their will be a blood moon and one solar eclipse. It just so happens that of the two blood moons only one occurs before the partial solar eclipse. The partial occurs during the feast of rosh, and if you study then you know that some scholars believe that God hinted that the rapture would occur during the Feast of Rosh due to 1 Corinthians 15:52. Why? Because the last trumpet blast blown, which is longer than the others, by the Jews on the day of rosh is known as "the last trump." I believe God is causing a partial Solar eclipse on that day to represent that it involves all the nations, but only part of the world(the Church).

i refused to interfere with these kind of posts - but you really Push it.

first : you are really a Jew - since yóu are pitching 'jews' VS christians.
Calling your own species "chosen" - which is nothing more as Pathetic Selfpride.

second: the whole tetrad-thing is Nonsense. The fact that they 'occurred 49 and 67", can also be a Punishment because of the atrocities what were committed : to establish that worldly state in 48, as well the hoax of 67.

besides: Krishna fought a war, in the Vedics, "of 6 days".
And no one gets how the same '6 day war ' refers to the Founder of this 'israel' : krishna/Thoth.
Proof is in Thots Sigil on the flag.

Thoth is the same one who inspired the occult 'talmud' btw.

Anyway -

third: "jewish feasts" is an Anachronism.
it are Gods Feasts - the added "jewish" is an Insult to Him.
The only Pure "jewish" feast is Hannukah - which is the Hindu Festival of Lights.

"jewish" is a mixture of Cham blood and original Judahite blood.

fourth: the bull*** about ' iran and russia being the Gog war" is starting to make me Puke. A fabricated country like this 'israel' needs Fabricated *cough* 'enemies', to can give the APPEREANCE of ' legitimacy of existance ' - worse: as if "god" created that worldly nation.

You are a Mixture, Sir
do give up the "jewish Fables", as apostle Paul stated.

Regards,

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus

The link is broken.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Excellent topic servent, you have really inspired me to look into this further. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12

i refused to interfere with these kind of posts - but you really Push it.

first : you are really a Jew - since yóu are pitching 'jews' VS christians.
Calling your own species "chosen" - which is nothing more as Pathetic Selfpride.

second: the whole tetrad-thing is Nonsense. The fact that they 'occurred 49 and 67", can also be a Punishment because of the atrocities what were committed : to establish that worldly state in 48, as well the hoax of 67.

besides: Krishna fought a war, in the Vedics, "of 6 days".
And no one gets how the same '6 day war ' refers to the Founder of this 'israel' : krishna/Thoth.
Proof is in Thots Sigil on the flag.

Thoth is the same one who inspired the occult 'talmud' btw.

Anyway -

third: "jewish feasts" is an Anachronism.
it are Gods Feasts - the added "jewish" is an Insult to Him.
The only Pure "jewish" feast is Hannukah - which is the Hindu Festival of Lights.

"jewish" is a mixture of Cham blood and original Judahite blood.

fourth: the bull*** about ' iran and russia being the Gog war" is starting to make me Puke. A fabricated country like this 'israel' needs Fabricated *cough* 'enemies', to can give the APPEREANCE of ' legitimacy of existance ' - worse: as if "god" created that worldly nation.

You are a Mixture, Sir
do give up the "jewish Fables", as apostle Paul stated.

Regards,

Lol Ok first off I am for Alabama and of British and Native American heritage nice try....not jewish

Second you constantly get on my threads and cry and complain about little things that hold no merit, such as me calling them jewish feast oh boo hoo...... I call them Jewish feast because only Jews celebrate them today. The Jews are Gods chosen people. They were supposed to inherit the kingdom of God, but it went to the Gentiles when they didn't accept his sacrifice for them. I don't think you have any idea what the Bible is about sir.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceVindicator

I just started looking into these myself as of a few days ago. To be clear, according to my research, the last time it happened was in 1967 around the time of the Six Day War. Before that was around 1948 when Israel became a nation.

I am giving the two year ranges. The tetrads are not four in one year but four moons in two years, with two moons in each year on the same feast days, Passover and Tabernacle.

The ranges given also extend into the years above and below them, simply because you must use the lunar calendar when looking for Gods signs in the stars

Genesis 1:14
And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,

The Hebrew word for "signs" is "Owth". This literally means "A signal or beacon, a flag". The word for “seasons” is the Hebrew "moadim" and means literally, "appointed times". In other words the moon, sun and stars were created also for the purpose of being a marker or signpost for God's divine appointments with His people, which we have already seen in the previous chapter are marked by the Feasts of the Lord. Thus when you combine both the Feasts of the Lord with signs in the sky happening on the same day - you should take note of their importance.

If you have research that says otherwise please post it. I would like to see what I think

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

i feel you. Your thread days ago was how I first heard about this. I was just replying to a specific post which erroneously stated that the last time this happened was around 1948.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

i feel you. Your thread days ago was how I first heard about this. I was just replying to a specific post which erroneously stated that the last time this happened was around 1948.

I am glad you found it interesting
and I wasn't trying to be a dick. I seriously just wanted to see if I was posting incorrect information so I could apologize if I was.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

It is from an email, and I cannot find the source anywhere online otherwise I would gladly post the whole study. Anyone who would like it may respond in a private message with their email and I will send it to them.

Here ya go: The Fall Feasts

(Hint: to find a source for some quoted text, select about ten words that are unique and appear together (I used "say this represents the future ingathering of the non-Jewish nations") and plug 'em into google between double quotes. Almost always returns an online source, unless someone copied it out of a book.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Here ya go: The Fall Feasts

(Hint: to find a source for some quoted text, select about ten words that are unique and appear together (I used "say this represents the future ingathering of the non-Jewish nations") and plug 'em into google between double quotes. Almost always returns an online source, unless someone copied it out of a book.

Definitely not the same source, and very well could be scanned from a book.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

It's all gravy friend. So, aside from all the research you've done and the opinions of the likes of Pastor Hagee, what in as specific detail as you can do you feel is coming from April 2014 through the end of 2015 and beyond? Have you had any Holy Spirit inspired personal revelations that you can share with us, as well as any gut feelings that may not fall under the category of Holy Spirit driven?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

It's all gravy friend. So, aside from all the research you've done and the opinions of the likes of Pastor Hagee, what in as specific detail as you can do you feel is coming from April 2014 through the end of 2015 and beyond? Have you had any Holy Spirit inspired personal revelations that you can share with us, as well as any gut feelings that may not fall under the category of Holy Spirit driven?

Well lets start of by saying I don't think there can possibly be that much "and beyond" after 2015 and I'll tell you why. As I have said before I believe 1948 was the start of the clock, and that the generation Jesus said would not pass away before the coming of the Lord was the generation alive when Israel regained its independence in 1948. The bible gives us the average life span of a human in Psalm 90:10 which is 70-80 years. So lets add that to 1948 and we will come to 2018-2028, and then subtract 7 years for the tribulation, and you come to a time frame of 2011-2021 for a time frame for the rapture to occur. While I am predicting dates for the rapture to occur it is important to know that the Lords return is based on human choice(fullness of the gentiles), and could occur at any second, because all that needs to happen in order for the rapture to occur, aside from the predetermined number being reached,has happened it is now just a matter of the Lords patience with us

2 Peter 3
8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

I say that to say even if what I am about to say about the years 2014-2015 doesn't come to pass exactly as I think it will then there won't be much "and beyond" after 2015. Now Isaiah 17 is the first prophecy I expect us to see happen within the next half a year or so, and this will trigger Ezekiel 38-39. Now a little commentary on Isaiah 17. The words translated as ruinous heap literally means"an uninhabitable waste" which gives us reason to assume it will be a nuclear attack which Israel can do in response to a large or chemical
attack on their land (syria has chemical weapons). Or a second scenario could be that Assad may use chem weapons on his own people to kill the uprising.

Either way, the destruction of Damascus will trigger an attack on Israel for Russia and Iran(Magog), and the Bible hints that this will be an unexpected attack, in which God will miraculously save Israel bringing many of the Jews back to their homeland. It is possible that the first Blood moon in 2014 is a sign that Israel will be attacked by Syrian Chemical weapons, in which they will respond with a nuclear attack on Damascus. Then a few months later when the second blood moon occurs Ezekiel 38-39 will occur.

As for 2015 I believe the Solar eclipse(March 2015) and first Blood moon (April 2015) are the lunar and solar eclipse referred to in Joel2:31 and Acts 2:20-21. The second solar eclipse is a partial Solar eclipse and occurs sept. 13, 2015 is the one we need to keep our eye on. This occurs on the feast of Rosh a two day holiday, which most scholars believe will be the feast that the Lord returns on. This fits well in my book, because it would explain how God could give us numerous signs as to when he was returning, but no one can ever narrow it down to a specific day or hour, because it could occur on either day at anytime during the feast of Rosh. The Solar eclipse being a partial solar eclipse is also important in my book. If you'll recall Solar eclipses in rabbinical teachings are signs for nations of the world. The Rapture involves all nations, but only a very specific part of the nations, the Church( hence partial solar eclipse at the start of rosh signifying a change for a specific part of the nations.) Now I believe the one world govt religion and currency will be a response to the rapture, and the Blood moon after the rapture is a warning of the seven year treaty starting very soon after. These are just my personal opinion on how events might play out.

There is only one thing the Holy Spirit has been putting on me lately, and that is to reach out and spread the Word. I feel God is telling me that time is running out, and that I need to tell others. I have been reaching out to my Christian friends as well as atheist friends far more than I ever have before. God may have put this feeling on me because it is the truth, or because he knew it would cause me to delve into the Word as i have either way I am happy, and hope only that his Will is done.

I would also like to add that I believe these post have been Gods attempt to speak to specific people. I am posting threads that I feel like He is leading me to post. I am currently delving into the lesson of the Fig, and plan to post a thread and get others opinions on it soon.

edit on 3-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb,

Thank you for being you!

There is alot to be realized in your insight!
Many will hear, how many will listen?

Maintain your intent..

Jesse.

Jesse

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join