It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buzzards are grim reapers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The buzzard is a physical part of an angel. When you see them circling above death they are actually forming a type of vortex for the soul to travel. Then they eat all the dna removing the being from this realm. Sometimes the flesh wins and someone intervenes and saves a life. What we see as a buzzard is actually a beautiful loving angel with a job to do. That is to get everyone where they are going. this is just one part of our world.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by deadeyedick

I live on top of a mountain and I can see them circling the valley below and swooping down. They are magnificent lookinh birds.

I just hope they don't have to circle me!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

No. They are scavenger birds that only eat dead, rotting meat. There is nothing angelic about them
edit on 0303pmMon, 02 Sep 2013 15:10:03 -05001093pm9 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

No. They are scavenger birds that only eat dead, rotting meat. There is nothing angelic about them
edit on 0303pmMon, 02 Sep 2013 15:10:03 -05001093pm9 by Sharingan because: (no reason given)
yes that is there role in this realm but there is always more to the story. it is not the state of the corpse that they are looking for it is dna specific when they are on the job.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
being buried in the ground is trapping oneself to that space. like prison or hell

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
No, thats the Crow. Didn't you see the movie? Even the actor died. What does that tell ya??

Anyway...here...a different insight into the buzzard
Animal Totems

Buzzard-Vulture:
Buzzard or Vulture teaches the power of purification of the mind, body and spirit. Vulture aids accomplishing tasks through great patience and vision, using your sense of smell and discernment, and how to glide and soar with your own energy. He teaches efficiency in actions and promises that changes are imminent. He shows how to restore harmony of thoughts and feelings so one can reach new heights with little effort. Buzzards will aid in uncovering truths, clarifying previous conceptions, and allow to see and hear subtle hidden qualities using intuition and awareness. Buzzard can teach confidence and the ability to stand with dignity and soar with clarity and purpose. He shows how to seek a new and heightened vision while increasing sensitivity. It is time to soar above your perceived limitations. Are you currently undergoing an internal death and rebirth cycle? Are you ready to assert your actions from your ideas? Buzzard will aid in transforming knowledge to bring the unconscious to conscious and teach how to soar above it and bring the transformation you are needing at this time. Are you ready for these lessons of awakening?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Several cultures thought this as well and held sky burials where they would have vultures eat the bodies of their dead because they thought vultures would bring them to the after life
www.travelchinaguide.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

Fascinating and brutal....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sharingan

It depends upon your personal viewpoint or a larger viewpoint that encompasses everything. Perhaps that was best explained for me two nights ago when I watched the old, Paul Newman movie, Hud. Hud states a view such as you have above, and his father properly corrects him. He simply states, "Hud, they keep the country clean."

It is all in how you look at it. I can't say that I like the critters either as they frequently alight atop a nearby high-line. But like the death of an animal that attracts them, they are necessary in the grant scheme.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

thanks for the link. the part about the white clothe confirms much for me. the clothe is burlap.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

It one of the more interesting things Ive read about, though in some areas vulture populations are too low because of habitat loss and pesticides to be able to continue having the rituals.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

We are celebrating vultures next week which is a very important day that is recognized globally. That should tell you how important the vulture is.

I am located in the flight path of a lot of migratory birds, and let me tell you, vultures make the most impressive presence.

Vultures are pretty chill creatures too. I have watched many committees at wakes, and can say that I have never seen them fight among themselves.

If you see a fresh kill on the side of the road, feel free to call the local bird sanctuary and see if they want it for their rehabs. Just scoop the carcass up and drop it off. They will be grateful.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is Grilly recovering from being hit by a car and taking a ride in the grill of a Lexus for 50 miles. He was minding his own business at the roadkill cafe when struck. He is a young bird and probably hadn't figured out that he needed to drag his dinner off the highway first. Now he knows. He has been released and doesn't appear to be migrating this year. His release was a big deal.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

We just had a bunch in our area. It's wild how they hold their wings out after feeding to let the sun's UV rays kill any bacteria on their feathers. Ghoulish looking, but actually pretty slick. If we didn't have vultures, there would be a lot more disease around.

birding.about.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Hahaha you wanna know something really gross? They urinate all over their legs for the same purpose. Ewwwwww

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
i once came across a beautiful small bird that i thought was an eagle because it was white but i was told it was a baby buzzard. i would have never guessed that.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

They are really abundant around here. Once drove along the fields and counted 12 or 13 of them sitting on the fence poles along a 300 yard stretch.

They get pretty big too.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollie

You are talking about vultures, this is a buzzard,

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

turkey vulture black vulture this was almost our national bird in the usa but it's role has been misunderstood
edit on 2-9-2013 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoParadigm

Okay, you can call it a buzzard, or a vulture. Depends on where you come from. The term is "vulture". Buzzard is acceptable if you wish. The vulture in my pic, you cannot tell if it's gonna have a black or red head. It is too young yet. Anyhow, buzzard or vulture. Whichever you prefer is fine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join