It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion is violence.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What i get from your reply is basically all kinds of people can be found in all groups and just the ones you decided to associate with and befriend are obviously not the violent, mocking kind or you wouldnt be around them much longer.
If you say there are no atheists/agnostics that you see who want to push their beliefs then you are overlooking many threads that are posted here trying to "enlighten" the theists.

Let me ask you one more question. If you are convinced of a certain belief and also of the consequences of denying that belief are you doing a favour to people you care about by adopting an attitude of live and let live n then die?
Doesnt it seem that you are compartmentalizing your social and spiritual life as if they dont affect each other and people in them. You may make imaginary compartments but the truth is that its all inter-connected. And the live and let live policy is a compromise to mould to suit a secular life where you hide your belief and tell others that they are all right when you know its not the case. hypocrisy no?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind - Jiddu Krishnamurti (From Freedom Of The Known)

.Another brilliant book I'v just finished by Jiddu Krishnamurti. What an amazing man.

If you haven;t read any of his books then I'd advice reading The Awakening Of intelligence.
edit on 2-9-2013 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

Yes, I am violent. Yes, I do not want to be friends with just anybody, and would too avoid books by Krishnaguy.
I am writing this because the message I am responding to is pointless. Distinguishing oneself from others and separating from them is just a part of life. And "the total understanding of mankind"?! Get realistic at least.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Religion is suppose to be all about change, a better way of being in life. It's man that has turned religion into violence. Religion no matter which you are from, if it's Christianity, don't look at what people say it is, look at what Jesus did and live THAT life. If it's Budism, look at Buddah and live THAT life. I see no no harm in any of these two religions If people just lived those lives.
edit on 5-9-2013 by TheBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Ehem,, violence is merely the lowest form of communication of hatred or displeasure, however many systems of belief have developed passive ways to communicate and produce the same ultimate outcome:: power and control over situations and societies and individuals. Look mabye this will help, it is a gift to you all :
" IT IS NOT WHAT YOU DO THAT MATTERS, IT IS THE REASON YOU DO IT FOR! For ALL REASON PROPELS ACTIONS , and it is our actions and reasons that make an account of us. Make your reasons righteous and the outcome is the same."
May the anus which chokes us about the neck be loosed by wisdom and the Big Bang of our heads popping out our bums produce the light of day for us to finally see each other properly.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

I believe I was born in England so Im English, as that is what it means.......Im I now being violent just by stating where I was born? Sorry just not sure I understan

NO,

but allowing for violence to possibly breed in the future.

You call yourself and English man, the guy down the street says hes an Argentinian,

You start talking then debating the Falklands and one thing leads to another and what could possibly erupt from that?

I see nationalism as racism as that what it eventually leads to if anything negative pops up.

Humans are a warring species and any opportunity for us to fight many run to front lines,

we strengthen these war like passions with sport and other competitions of strength and ability.

Realization that we are one race will happen when something so sick and devastating happens to humans that to go back to our old ways would mean extinction.

Most wont survive for such a realization but most need to perish for the few to realize.

Its a pity.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind. When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence.

No, what breeds violence is corrupt people, seeking power over other people, and you don't need a religion for that. Violence comes from people who cannot be content with what they do or do not have, so they try to take it from those who do. It comes from putting one's self above others, selfishness, self centeredness and a desire for more.

What you are doing is attempting to put a stereotype on violent people, but evil knows no borders, nor bounds nor affiliations or organizations. Atheism is no better because they tote evolution which is the strong survive and perish the weak which makes allowances for the euthanasia of the elderly and babies born with handicaps, mental or otherwise and placing animalistic desires at the fore will also lead to violence.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join