It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

trouble using EBT card in cali? how about debit card? I was given food stamps with a amount of ? on

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
today i went to use the cash portion of my ebt card as usual on the 2nd as i go to the register the lady before me using arrowhead credit union card was decline due to system failure i go up to the cashier and ask him any problems with the card reader he states only with state funded cards but he said this just started and lets go ahead and try my card he runs my card and it approves for food stamps even though i dont get them till the 4th but i only have cash available when i call and check balance but zero on food stamps and i just used it and it approved for 98 dollars in food stamps anybody having this issue because this has never happened they have never let me use this card with nothing on it i believe this is going to be a big problem to fix because if i used it with a amount of 0 how many others are there ?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thesoundofbass

You certainly have some moxie to be talking about this around here, I will give you that.

I suggest you call whatever state agency handles these sorts of things.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Ohh maybe i should go shopping...

Seriously just dont do anything you dont want to be responsible for later, be sure and check your amount on the 4th and report any over payment.

Thats crazy.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

If you knew your account was at zero, why did you you allow him to run it as food stamps?

That aside, glitches are bound to happen when it comes to technology,

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Could it be a Robin Hood hacker?

lol's

...and may good fortunes be in your future!
edit on 2-9-2013 by AlaskanDad because: sp

(post by DocHolidaze removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Couldnt you have used some periods before posting?
It'd make it easier for us to read.

And I did read about the potential for some nutcase hacking into the social service cards around the country to cause problems.

Hopefully thats not the case for you. G Luck :

edit on 2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 2010 by mysterioustranger because: ckr

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I wouldn't use it again until you check up on it. If you go over an amount and they figure out the flaw then they will get their money back from you. Your following months may come up shorter than usual until they get what you over-drafted back.

Could they have your funds early due to the Labor Day holiday?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

so you live in colton and drive 45 minutes up the mountain to your bank? Aww the lady before you used her arrowhead credit union card sorry
edit on 2-9-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I don't have an exact answer for you...except to say wait and check again on the day your card is supposed to activate.

The people on this thread that have been cruel to you...they are the ones that look bad...not you.

They were cold, thoughtless and narrow minded; character qualities that are certainly not to be envied.

There are all sorts of valid reasons to get assistance; times are tough for many right now

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Carreau
So what did you buy with other peoples money? I'm just curious because I've never had that luxury, I have always used my own money to buy my food.

[snip]

Damn straight.

If you don't like welfare, then vote for representatives that will eliminate it. Otherwise, we all pay into it. We will all draft from it, too. Some of us just have to do that a little sooner.

I am not ashamed to admit I have had to stand in a church food line before. Being a young parent was hard in the early days. Thank God for the bread the church was kind enough to provide us.
edit on 2-9-2013 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

so you live in colton and drive 45 minutes up the mountain to your bank? Aww the lady before you used her arrowhead credit union card sorry
reply to post by digital01anarchy

And.........your point being what
sounds like your being snarky and trying to out the OP on where they are from...really rude of you if that was your motive

As far as the question the OP asked...No have not heard that this is happening around here I have a couple nieces who are on the EBT program here in southern Cali.(I'm visiting here on vacation)...best answer I read so far is either its like that because of the holiday or there is a glitch and for you to call your worker...BTW don't take to heart all the snarky comments this is hard times for many folks and most of us do understand that it doesn't mean you are leaching off the system, it just means you are trying to do what you have to do to feed your family and keep your head above water...take care and God Bless you and yours.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What you need to do is contact your caseworker at the county human resource. In the mean time call the 800 number on the back speak to customer service.

If you believe this is a mistake and a computer error (which happens often in California) then hope on it right now or they will be contacting you shortly

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
And as of some of you, your comments and opinions are very disrespectful and ignorant.

I dont know what the hell is the problem here but some of you got need to log out and go on about your business. This person is looking for advice and would like opinions and this is how we act?..smh.

ATS has changed in over the years. This place use to have professionalism and courtesy but some of you need to be thrown under the bus.

edit on 2-9-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Oh you didn't start a thread about you using a food stamp card on ATS did you? Oh how I pity the flaming and hate that is about to be sent your way. Don't worry, not everyone here will think that you are the lowest life form on the face of the Earth for needing some assistance just to eat in the greatest nation.

But listen to the other posters, contact the department that handles your EBT card. You need to be very pro active on your end lest they think that somehow you did something fraudulent and you end up losing all benefits permanently for a simple mistake.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

OP apparently the EBT glitches are a common occurrence everywhere all of the time. Don't sweat it. You can call the hotline, but you can be sure they are flooded with calls. You have better things to do with your time on this earth rather then sitting on hold waiting for a representative to get to you.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
well california has put me on ebt when my wife got disabled from a stroke and needed full time care. Instead of putting me and my kids on her disability they made me a welfare recipient. You see they put cash on the card on the 2nd then food stamps on the 4th to answer someones ? i did not just blatantly try to use my card with no funds the cashier ran it as he wanted and never i mean never has it allowed me to purchase anything with no funds in the appropriate area, also arrowhead credit union is a bank that has many banks not in arrowhead the lady before me had state funded money on her card as well... really not the point just seen something that i wanted to inform you all about thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join