It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria: 'Assad Regime Behind Chemical Attack'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
From the OP Link

We seem to have two distinctive words in there

SUGGEST the Assad regime was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people in the Syrian capital last month.

The evidence includes satellite imagery, ALLEGEDLY showing the attacks were launched from government-controlled areas, a French government source told the Reuters news agency.

and I understand that this comes from a French team of inspectors ??

Think ill wait for the UN statements before I take any notice of this

Then and if the UN security council vote , I am just GUESSING that the Federation of Russia and also China will Veto
so what happens then .........

Riouz

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I was reading a story last night that was speculating a French attack possibly by Wednesday.
Weather Report for Syria:
Chance of airstrikes followed by frenchmen on skidoos.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have to admit ,it is pretty spooky having these turds in congress vote on Syria, I mean they don't even read the bill's they pass.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
Then let France go to war. We all know how that'll turn out

Like it did in Mali you mean?

Enough of the stereotyping please?

Kindest repects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMagus
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Syrian President Bashar al Assad was behind a "massive and coordinated" chemical attack, the French government has claimed.

could sarkozy owe assad money,
like he did with qadaffi?

Sarko is no longer the French president, its François Hollande now.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Syrian President Bashar al Assad was behind a "massive and coordinated" chemical attack, the French government has claimed.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

somebody in france owes money
sarcoma not being le prez does not cancel any debts

point being french oligarchs stand to benefit economically

as seen recently in libya.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

Kindest respects

Rodinus

somebody in france owes money
sarcoma not being le prez does not cancel any debts

point being french oligarchs stand to benefit economically

as seen recently in libya.

Yep, that i know that changing president doesn't cancel the debt, i was just setting the line straight that Zarko is no longer president.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Does nato have an agenda or is it just me?

Why don't any OTHER countries cry foul, other than UK/France/USA all the time?

People really think if Assad was killing unarmed civilians by the thousands that russia and china would sit on the sidelines?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
All the bluster from the US and France and they still don't have any solid evidence that would stand up in a court of law!
Not that it stops them trying again and again though, same as they did with Iraq, use the same pattern of lies repeated endlessly for justification.

As for the story of the Iraqi WMD's (a rather silly PR term) being driven out of Iraq into Syria, that one rates right up with the Russian suitcase Nukes and the Iraqi troops throwing babies out of incubators in Kuwait! Another lie endlessly repeated but not one shred of evidence to support it has ever been presented that would stand up to any scrutiny.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
People really think if Assad was killing unarmed civilians by the thousands that russia and china would sit on the sidelines?

Absolutely.
I know almost everyone here thinks that Putin is some kind of hero. They're wrong, he's no better than any other leader in this day and age, Actually he's a lot worse.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Absolutely.
I know almost everyone here thinks that Putin is some kind of hero. They're wrong, he's no better than any other leader in this day and age, Actually he's a lot worse.

Even if what you say is true(which it is NOT), why should the USA, France and UK give a hoot?

When DHS starts rounding up patriots in the USA not a single country will come to our rescue. Bet on it!

Libya, Iraq(2), Afghanistan, Somalia, Serbia attacked within 2 decades, not including vietnam, north korea before that.

Face it some people in washington, paris and london have millions of defense related stocks and are salivating for another conflict. THAT is the only thing that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Let him do what the US should do also, not just talking about "we have evidence", but hand it over to the UN.
And France is even more broke than the US

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Absolutely.

For real!

Who is Assad buying his weapons from?

The US?

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.......

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here is a clue who may have been supplying chemicals. The UK know Syria have these weapons as they still have the receipt.

As for France, what is happening is pure politics. UK have seeked permission for war, US is now seeking permission, making France the odd one out. So France have to get evidence to show to their own peoplw thet are right

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

'Assad Regime Behind Chemical Attack'

This seems to be consistent with British and US reports that it was indeed Assad behind the chemical attacks.

What probably makes this one more interesting is that the French seem much more up for military action than anyone else.

This may be the catalyst or not, time will tell.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

As far as I know France was the European power which controlled Syria as a colony. As such the most likely feel an added sense of responsibilty. Or there is some strategic reason for being so hung Ho and hawkish.

Syria is an Asian republic of 22,530,746 in the Middle East bordering Lebanon and the Mediterranean Sea to the West, Turkey to the north, Iraq to the east, Jordan to the south and Israel to the southwest. It is primarily populated by Arab Sunnis although it is a place of historic significance to Christians. Kurds, Druze, Alawite Shias, Armenians and various other minorities have historic ties to the land as well. Syria’s borders as a modern state were drawn by European colonial powers after the First World War under the French Mandate for Syria and The Lebanon (ratified in 1923). 23 years later, Syria gained independence in April of 1946 and suffered a long period of turmoil and coups until the modern era. Syria is one of the oldest civilizations known in the world today. There is evidence of human activity in Damascus going as far back as 7000 BC.

thehowardbealeshow.tumblr.com...

As an interesting side note...

If France decides to join the United States in a strike against Syria, it would be the first time American and French forces have conducted a joint military operation since the Siege of Yorktown at the end of the American Revolutionary War. France and the U.S. have had their famous disagreements over military action, most notably the Iraq war and France's decision to leave Afghanistan before NATO and U.S. troops planned their drawdown. The two countries have also had some near-misses on joint operations. For example, in 1954, U.S. forces proposed an operation that would have saved French forces in the Battle of Dein Bien Phu against Communist militants in Vietnam. American planes would have taken off from bases in the Philippines. But the political risks of getting involved in the fight were too much for President Eisenhower, and he nixed the operation, called Operation Vulture.

mobile.nationaljournal.com...
edit on 2-9-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Submitting any kind of evidence to the U.N is pretty much useless since Russia and China are on the security council and will NOT allow assad to be punished.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

That is another OUTRIGHT LIE . Where is the REAL Substantiated PROOF to this Bit of Obvious Propaganda Orchestrated by the Excolonial Neo Con French Mikey ?
edit on 2-9-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Please don't be so Naive here , it's an Obvious Collusion between the U.S. and their Western Allies along with the Zionists in Israel to topple Assad's Regime in order for the IMF to set up yet Another Middle Eastern Central Bank for the purpose of Controlling the Natural Resources and Strategic Boarder Locations of Syria . Just another predictable Mameuver out of the NAZI Geo Political Playbook I am affraid Sonny.........

:@@

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Please don't be so naive as to think That Assad is a sweet man who runs his country well..
lmao

Oh and the longer the civil war goes on the more money Russia gets. But I'm sure you have no problem with that.
Putin is "God" I guess ....

edit on 2-9-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

" Please don't be so naive as to think That Assad is a sweet man who runs his country well.."

That is Not the Point of this thread . The Point being , is Assad's Regime Responsable for the Chemical Attacks in Syria , or is SOMEONE ELSE Behind it . So Far , the Second Point is More Believable Right Now.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join