It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The image John Kerry WON'T want you to see

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+41 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I just saw this article and some photos:

Article: The image John Kerry WON'T want you to see

John Kerry and his wife having dinner with Assad and his wife in 2009.

Waiter bringing some nice tasty refreshments for the double-daters:

Well, what do you think? I think it smells!

Sorry if this has already been posted.... did a search as usual.

edit on 2-9-2013 by InTheFlesh1980 because: Fix

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This is how the West works, they befriend you then stab you in the back and mug you.......Ask Qaddafi........Oops too late.
edit on 2-9-2013 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
This is how the West works, they befriend you then stab you in the back and mug you.......Ask Qaddafi........Oops too late.

Or Saddam and Mubarak from egypt... both US former buddies.

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
You know what this makes me think? This makes me think this is all a charade, it is all fake, the political theater that is. Jesse Ventura said it best when he compared politics to pro wrestling. They act like enemies in front of the cameras, but are best friends behind closed doors. Makes you wonder how deep the agenda and corruption goes.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by ken10

Or Saddam and Mubarak from egypt... both US former buddies.

And what is the first move in making an ally an enemy? Get the PR arm of the government, er, I mean the MSM, to "educate" the masses as to the foibles of the new target.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merlin Lawndart
You know what this makes me think? This makes me think this is all a charade, it is all fake, the political theater that is. Jesse Ventura said it best when he compared politics to pro wrestling. They act like enemies in front of the cameras, but are best friends behind closed doors. Makes you wonder how deep the agenda and corruption goes.

They are all friends, like one big happy elite family:
Bushes
Clintons
Bin Ladens
Kerrys
Assads

Unless you go rogue and won't play their game the way they want it played, like Gaddafi.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

I love the Drudge Report.

I wasn't aware Kerry compared Assad to Hitler. Is it just me or is anyone else sick and tired of politicians comparing their enemies to Hitler? Don't get me wrong, Assad is not a good guy, what politician/leader is, but he's not even in the ball park of Hitler and comparing him to that monster really diminishes Hitler's evil.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Well, what do you think? I think it smells!

I look at the setting and find that the appearance of the room we can see is that it is a much larger room. The long shadow behind Kerry indicates that the overhead lighting is not directly overhead, also indicating a much larger room. I get an impression of a formal restaraunt. There very likely may be many more tables just out of sight of the camera.

Formal dress. Wives. A formal gathering of diplomats at a diplomatic dinner is all I see. I fail to see your interest in this or why you think it smells. Other than this is what you want to think.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

brings back memories.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Apologies. I see now from the link you provided that it is indeed a Damascus restaurant. However I still fail to understand why this event is worthy of concern.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
here are some comments from the meeting.

In a sign that President Barack Obama is seeking better ties, several US congressmen have passed through Syria in the last few days, including Sen.Kerry.

According to the SANA news agency, Assad called for dialogue and told Kerry that America should refrain from dictating its views to others, as such policy "has been proven ineffective."
Kerry said the US would renew diplomacy with Syria but in return expected Syria to "change its behavior" - particularly on Iraq and Lebanon.
"But unlike the Bush administration that believed you could simply tell people what to do and walk away and wait for them to do it, we believe we have to engage in a discussion," Kerry said in Beirut.

www.ynetnews.com...

No doubt the meeting did not achieve its goal and Obama is now on the war path.

Peace

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Kerry was probably giving Assad his next episode script

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
yeah.. you're giving us a picture of 2 men talking then associating it with recent events and letting our imaginations come up with the rest. of course, this will lead to many wild theories that mean nothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire
Apologies. I see now from the link you provided that it is indeed a Damascus restaurant. However I still fail to understand why this event is worthy of concern.

When political leaders meet, especially when the meeting is possibly adversarial in nature, it is typically done in a government or military facility. There are usually political entourages present from both sides, with TV cameras and media present during the greeting portion.

This appears to be a dinner outing with friends in a social environment. Did they discuss Syria's chemical weapons program in front of their wives? When John Kerry recently followed the script of his masters, comparing Assad to Hitler, why didn't he say "Trust me, I had dinner with Assad in 2009 and he is a monster that needs to be stopped."?

It's a script, a political ruse. Occasionally, we get glimpses behind the curtain of falsehood. Trust me, Assad will come out of all of this just fine. Even if he is removed as a figurehead, he will not meet the same fate as Gaddafi.

Kerry, Obama, and others will have dinner with Assad in a couple of years and they'll all laugh together about when they had to stage a media circus and villify him for some globalist financial agenda.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
He is an administrative representative for the US. Its his job to wine and dine with allies, enemies and future false flags.

However, certainly makes him look like an asshat

edit on 2-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Three buddies poolside watching a women's water ballet.
edit on 2-9-2013 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2013 by TerryMcGuire because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2013 by TerryMcGuire because: cuz I can't get the external image to post.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheFlesh1980

See this is where I have a problem with this type of pandering. Asaad wasn't a problem 4 years ago. Now that he is it's the second part of the MSM crap. Anyone that talked to him in the past is now possibly culpable in the crimes that WE(west) didn't even conceive of then.

Kerry, Obama, and others will have dinner with Assad in a couple of years and they'll all laugh together about when they had to stage a media circus and villify him for some globalist financial agenda.

NOW, the partisan crap starts. Even though Assad wasn't seen as a problem in 2009, it's being purported that the Dem's are in league with him TODAY. It's easily seen by those that don't buy a "bill of goods."

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The issue becomes more prevalent when body counts start to rise, then once insignificant issues are pushed to the forefront. Just like Assad has, and how Libya was.

Please note, the above is in no way a validation of evidence suggesting Assad is responsible. Just the image being portrayed in western media.
edit on 2-9-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

The issue becomes more prevalent when body counts start to rise, then once insignificant issues are pushed to the forefront. Just like Assad has, and how Libya was.

Yes but it's selective. Has the West done anything in Somalia yet? Isn't that a WAY worse problem?

Please note, the above is in no way a validation of evidence suggesting Assad is responsible. Just the image being portrayed in western media.

That's my point. Nothing wrong with having convictions but PLEASE make sure they are your own and not some "bill of goods" sold to you by any part of the MSM.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Yes but it's selective. Has the West done anything in Somalia yet? Isn't that a WAY worse problem?

Wont argue with you on Somalia, we all know its a mess there.

I would completely agree it is selective. I will give you some reasons, though i am sure you already know.

-US/west has vested interest in the Middle east.
-Saudi Arabia, major political ally in the area. Opposed to both Syria and Iran.

Somali pirates have little on the interest found in the arab spring.

That's my point. Nothing wrong with having convictions but PLEASE make sure they are your own and not some "bill of goods" sold to you by any part of the MSM.

I think we agree here and are on the same page. However, my point is, when the body count rises into the hundreds of thousands, it almost requires a global scrutiny, regardless of who is involved.....to a point. As we all know other civil wars of raged and killed similar numbers but garner little to know international support/condemnation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join