It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the feds have access to our personal messages on ATS ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Following on from the Lavabit scandal and the NSA spying program as exposed by Edward Snowden, i was wondering just how safe our personal messages on ATS are. No doubt there are private discussions going on between members that the feds may be interested in so a) Have they already been in touch and have our messages been passed on or b) is there any likelihood that this scenario could become a reality ?

Such a shame we need to think this way but i guess we do, it's even made me think that it would be in the interest of the feds to set up something similar to ATS to enable them to harvest some of the ideas and thoughts of free thinkers.

Excuse me using the word 'feds' if that isn’t appropriate, I’m in the UK so don’t really know who is who over there, I’m using it presuming you all know what I’m talking about :-)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wobbly Anomaly

If they do, I wonder how many "Dude, why are you such a f*ing troll" messages they had to wade through to get to the good stuff.

On a serious note, you're in the U.K., the NSA really doesn't apply to you unless you're part of some terror cell trying to drum up support here in the states.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Jesss....ofcourse
they have enough computing power to start a war on the other side of the globe
edit on 2-9-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

t I do think it is certainly possible that some members could be undercover (Feds); monitoring and trying to collect information. If they are clever about it; no one would know who they really are.

Perhaps...some members who are (private messaging) other members; may be communicating with a Fed.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

t I do think it is certainly possible that some members could be undercover (Feds); monitoring and trying to collect information. If they are clever about it; no one would know who they really are.

Perhaps...some members who are (private messaging) other members; may be communicating with a Fed.

Yeah, just my luck

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I work under the premise that just about every, if not every, large ISP and web hosting service is compromised.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wobbly Anomaly

Following on from the Lavabit scandal and the NSA spying program as exposed by Edward Snowden, i was wondering just how safe our personal messages on ATS are. No doubt there are private discussions going on between members that the feds may be interested in so a) Have they already been in touch and have our messages been passed on or b) is there any likelihood that this scenario could become a reality ?

Such a shame we need to think this way but i guess we do, it's even made me think that it would be in the interest of the feds to set up something similar to ATS to enable them to harvest some of the ideas and thoughts of free thinkers.

Excuse me using the word 'feds' if that isn’t appropriate, I’m in the UK so don’t really know who is who over there, I’m using it presuming you all know what I’m talking about :-)

I am going to go with yes they do, in fact Id go a step further and say they probably have key press logs for everything connected to the net, so if you typed it they have it.

So you are on a list now, most definitely.

SO you are being watched by the US government.

So now the question becomes, What are YOU going to do about.

Ride your Representatives until they do something about it, express your out rage to your government that Their Allie is spying on you.
edit on 2-9-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
The basic rule of thumb is

Every keystroke and every website and every email or text on every computer, every laptop, every tablet and every phone is being logged on your personal meta-data record. No exceptions.

This data will only come back to haunt you in every instance where the state is concerned about your activities. It will in every instance serve as evidence against you in a court of law.

Always have the sobering thought somewhere in your consciousness that EVERYTHING you do online is being monitored.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I'd think that trying to find anything worth beans. would be like SETI trying to find intelligent alien radio stuff. So many forums have PM/U2U's it be nuts trying to find good info.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Guess ive been on their list for a long time ;-) What am i going to do about it ? Continue expressing myself freely and hopefully contributing to the growing awareness that we'll be able to retake control of our privacy and destiny ... at some point in the future.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Ride your Representatives until they do something about it, express your out rage to your government that Their Allie is spying on you.

Doesn't help much, I've sent a couple of letters to my local MP (Representative) so far, demanding answers and clarity for them answer back that they are as eager to have answers as I am and that they'll raise it in parliament.

not that I believe him!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As a brief answer to topic question

TPTB would have trojan keys to every site they want access to.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trubeeleever
The basic rule of thumb is

Every keystroke and every website and every email or text on every computer, every laptop, every tablet and every phone is being logged on your personal meta-data record. No exceptions.

This data will only come back to haunt you in every instance where the state is concerned about your activities. It will in every instance serve as evidence against you in a court of law.

Always have the sobering thought somewhere in your consciousness that EVERYTHING you do online is being monitored.

Yup, thats what i presume but i also think the problems could go a lot deeper for example the ideas we pass between ourselves in private, ( I've certainly discussed the possibilty of a 'private' internet style way of communicating, it didnt get very far which is why i'm mentioning it ;-) ) I'm sure people can think of a lot of non terrorism ideas that are banded around to ensure our feedoms that TPTB would be interested in knowing about.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I don't think they are quite there yet but working on it.

Betting 99% of all online IDs are tied back to the real person.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Internet, cell phone, radio, and believe it or not printers are not secure and are always traceable. Anything on any of those mediums should be delivered with jurisprudence. If you really want to call the government out and bust their evil, the only means to safely collaborate is face-to-face. Even that needs caution.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I am going to go with yes they do, in fact Id go a step further and say they probably have key press logs for everything connected to the net, so if you typed it they have it.

My guess is that if the feds are actively monitoring ATS they just use the log analysis for keywords and a few sock puppets. If some members were actively plotting the next civil war by use of PM they have more problems than speculating if they are being monitored.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Maybe scare the # out of them a little, or write useless psychobable disguised as enlightened super speak. There is such a thing as information overload and if an AI is piecemealing this all together like say Webbot .0 then it needs a brain slug.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Where in Yorkshire are you from? i am in leeds.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous

Maybe scare the # out of them a little, or write useless psychobable disguised as enlightened super speak. There is such a thing as information overload and if an AI is piecemealing this all together like say Webbot .0 then it needs a brain slug.

Now, you've just preempted my next suggestion ;-)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

They do,so what?

I am untouchable and unstoppable.

They do not even know for real if a am a female or a male.

Because I've give them only false info so far of which I feed them with.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join