It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the worlds most educated country is!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

With spiking tuition costs, insurmountable loan balances, and the unemployment rate for recent college graduates hovering around 53%, it’s clear that a college education hasn’t gotten the best rap lately. Despite the ongoing financial woes across the globe, though, many think that college is still worth the investment. A new study shows that we’ve continued to flock to institutions of higher learning, enrolling at record rates over the past few years. Not surprisingly, the percentage of adults with degrees soared highest in developed nations, reaching 30% in 2010. But which of these nations can boast the status of most educated?

paid.outbrain.com...

1. Canada

2. Israel

3. Japan

4. United States

5. New Zealand

6. South Korea

7. United Kingdom

8. Finland

9. Australia

10. Ireland

Read more: newsfeed.time.com...

WTG Canada! I have to wonder where America will be in another 5 to 20 years.. Our education system really does suck with cost and people graduating with worthless degrees or no job degrees...Not to mention the unemployment that many face today and the pay back for the college courses...I thought the stats were interesting...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Canada, number one?!

I live in Canada, and I can tell you ALOT of people are not very educated. They know alot of gossip, but not much about sciences or philosophical ideas. Yet that's what matters the most!

edit on 2-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by swanne

I but not much about sciences or philosophical ideas. Yet that's what matters the most!

Yeah sceince

But keep your mumbo jumbo philosophical ideas

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Thats some nice spin considering our students are consistently some the dumbest despite having the biggest budgets.

And China didnt even make the top 10... haha.

When Shanghai students took international exams, they came out on top across all subjects. In the same test, American students ranked 25th in math, 17th in science and 14th in reading, NBC reports.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

In my occupation almost everyone had a college degree...There were some very smart folks and some that upon graduation never cracked another thought much less a book....Learning is a lifetime achievement IMO.
I was actually hesitant to post this because my idea of education is not necessarily the same as some state sponsored curriculum....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

This is a trick thread!

Everyone knows Canada is in North Dakota!

USA
USA
USA
'Murka!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

BOOYAH!!

We're number one!!

Why the hell are most of the people I know morons?

Gad I hate this town...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I'm very skeptical. Western/Northern Europe ranks highly in most studies of this type.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Damn right.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Yeah, these numbers look a little off.

Oh well.

At least I know that I'm getting a University degree.

I'm happy.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Unrealised because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
But keep your mumbo jumbo philosophical ideas

Hm, in my younger days I thought philosophy was, you know, to put it mildly, useless. But then as I investigated further in the motivations behind world events, I realize it all comes down to philosophical concepts.

You can have the greatest military on Earth. But this military is operated by humans, with belief systems. If someone was to control the belief systems, this someone could control the man behind the guns. That's why I now think there won't be a physical world war... just a war of ideas. Because that's a much more silent war... which means the victims won't even know they are victims.

edit on 2-9-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
We're number one!!

Why the hell are most of the people I know morons?

Gad I hate this town...

Don't worry, mine's worst. I think you would agree with me, see, the place I live is in, (imagine drum roll)... Quebec.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

heh... please...

Niagara is the armpit of the world...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Fellow Canadian here as well.
If we are the most educated than thats just plain sad.

The amount of dummies I run into in a day is mind boggling.

The other part that gets me is I also see and meet alot of "educated" people who don't have a damn clue about the real world...only what they read in books.
These are some very naive people.

Educated can also mean ignorant if all that time is spent learning whats in a book with no life experience.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by swanne

drum roll

You got it.
I love Quebec and spend alot of time there...i was just in Quebec this morning.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by 727Sky

Thats some nice spin considering our students are consistently some the dumbest despite having the biggest budgets.

And China didnt even make the top 10... haha.

When Shanghai students took international exams, they came out on top across all subjects. In the same test, American students ranked 25th in math, 17th in science and 14th in reading, NBC reports.

I gave you a star for that post because somewhere that is what I read or was lead to believe also...Then I came across this link...It may have to do with the percentages of college grads not the quality of the education is the way I take it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I doesn''t really care that Australia is in 9Fth place, but c'mon we gotta be betterer edukated than the Kiwis.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
to be honnest there is most likley little diffrence between the top 10.

It is if your bellow the top 20 you should worry.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
More kids leave school for higher education so they can avoid getting a real job and living with real loans and real problems. I think its worse for aggressive country's that get involved with wars and have a wide range of important topics on the global stage.

The opportunity to surf through the early stages of life with a extremely cheap loan or out of daddy's pocket - is just too tempting, while doing the real obsession becoming a rock star like Smiley Virus

Why else would so many take courses that have such a low demand for those professionals, you have to wonder why some are even a valid subject!

Okay that might not be the case, but if it was:
Could we not blame the internet, facebook etc The kids are no longer indoctrinated into society like they were before, they find out that life sucks, people, die and weather you vote black or white, grey will win every time. Games and TV make hiding from there reality's easier.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Not all university students are lazy, not all student loans are bad and not all courses are useless.

If a cheap student loans helps gifted children from lower income family's become doctors and scientists then that's a good thing!

Of course liberal art degrees and other rubbish to hell with them get a real job

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join