Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Eight Elderly People Holding Hands, Vanished. Where Did They Go?

page: 4
31
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by davethebear
 


I love your tale of the mysterious. The thing that kept coming to mind for me was a parallel universe, a point in space and time where the two converge and where people like yourself happen to be at the right place at the right time. The couple could have been walking anywhere, a rest home hallway, a boardwalk while on vacation, grocery store, just any where that the 4 couples would be walking in que. Much like time travel, only not in time, but a space where eternity penetrates time.

Life is such a wonderful exciting place.


Yeah, I like your idea about some kind of crossover with a parallel universe. Maybe the old folks were somewhere else in time at that precise moment just casually walking with their partners to the cinema or a theatre show.....




posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Just out of curiosity is there a stream or a small body of water nearby? Or more so was there at the time you had this experience? Have you checked into the history of that particular point/ Was it a famous Pony express crossing for example?


There is a stream of water in that location....

On the exact corner where the sighting took place, but on the opposite side of the road, there is a large pond at the bottom of the golf course. I know that there is a pond there for a fact, because when I was a kid I used to wade in the pond and retrieve the lost golf balls and sell them back to the golf club house....I have not checked into the history of the exact spot though, not yet.......



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by flipflop
reply to post by davethebear
 


you say they were old, so to them you were young, and the generation gap of the times was well known, if they could see you turning your car they probably hid in the golf course behind a bush for fear you were upstarts, it must have given them a fright to see a car pass by and then turn to come back towards them again and in a quiet road at 4,30am, it would give me a scare,..... I am sure that fright would be enough to make them pull out all the stops and shift their ass across the road to the golf course bushes... if your story is true in the context you present it, there is a logical explaination. its unlikely there were 4 pairs of idiots holding hands nipping around the roads at 4.30am ish..... one maybe even two but 8 would be rare... and just as a matter of interest, why wouldn't those people be out at that time. maybe celebrating an anniversary or some such event, you were out at that time, so what's the problem with other's being out or is it not deemed cool for the elderly to be out and about whenever they want... anyway. there is a reason, whatever it is, it isn't paranormal, or eerie...


Like you say, it may be nothing paranormal at all, but it is very odd indeed to see 8 elderly people walking down a dark road at 4.30 in the morning all holding hands. Now I know that I was younger, but those people that we saw were really quite old, quite wrinkly. It was just so out of the ordinary, me and my friends had travelled down that road thousands of time and never came across anybody else before, especially at that time of the morning, it was just so out of the ordinary and felt weird........



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 18731542
 


Thanks for sharing your story with the ghostly monks, and 6 of them as well....that's it, you just don't know if what you saw was real or not, so it will always remain a mystery and rise into your mind occasionally. I wonder if there are any reasons for these chance meetings? Who knows?



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by gottaknow
It's a sweet and mysterious story, certainly.
However, they were out of your sight for at least a minute, during which any number of things could have happened.

Perhaps a van/bus came along that they were expecting and picked them up, turned around and headed in the opposite direction.

They could have turned off the road immediately after you passed.

You have to go with the logical path rather than the supernatural because there has never been proof of the supernatural ever.


Yeah, I am not stating that what happened was paranormal, I am just telling the incident as it happened and as I remember it happening. There could have been reasons as to why and how they disappeared, but I don't see how they could have vanished in such a short space of time....



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
I'm incline to agree with the other posters that it has something to do with the car; Previous owners? Knowing the history of the car is good.

I had a similar experience, we were sitting on this log watching this dude running up the street--and he just vanished! with nowhere to go. All 3 of us saw him, then not. That instance I'm happy to ascribe to a time-slip because many years later the street was changed and where he vanished became a path that would have been obscured by a new building.

What is the area where you saw the old people like now? Still the same?


The area where the incident took place is virtually the same apart from a few new houses being built in the last 27 years. Your story of the dude running up the street and vanishing is just one of those things you can just not explain.....but many people have stories of seeing a person one second and the next second they have disappeared.....there is so much that we just don't know.........



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
..fascinating story Dave

- but perhaps it was the other way around -
and yóu people in your car entered a parallel dimension for 10 mins while driving....
* x-files tune plays*

i m glued to the thread ! : )



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lone12
..fascinating story Dave

- but perhaps it was the other way around -
and yóu people in your car entered a parallel dimension for 10 mins while driving....
* x-files tune plays*

i m glued to the thread ! : )


Yeah, maybe they were watching us rather than us watching the old people....haha.....who knows



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Their was a movie,same year,called Cocoon.
Similar storyline. Elderly people taken away.
They made friends with aliens.

Did you see the movie?If yes,could it have created a dreamstate idea?

What you saw could have happened. No way to prove or disprove that.(Any missing persons report in that area at that time for 8 elderly folk?)
Or, it may not have happened,but the storyline did,and the mind fills in the blanks.
We are about the same age,and I remember the movie.



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackSnake
Their was a movie,same year,called Cocoon.
Similar storyline. Elderly people taken away.
They made friends with aliens.

Did you see the movie?If yes,could it have created a dreamstate idea?

What you saw could have happened. No way to prove or disprove that.(Any missing persons report in that area at that time for 8 elderly folk?)
Or, it may not have happened,but the storyline did,and the mind fills in the blanks.
We are about the same age,and I remember the movie.


Yeah, I have seen the movie, but I didn't see it until years after it was released...I have not looked at any missing persons from that time either, but may do a few Google searches later and see........



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear
 


Often times these mysterious sightings are energized by the body of water and the flowing water more precisely.

Old cabins in the thickets can often be found in these areas and sometimes denote a place where interdimensional beings who monitor the earth come and go. Like a vortex which we have not even come close to understand yet have always been marked by unique and unexplainable phenomena.

I would delve a bit into the history of that area. You may never get concrete information but everything you discover will add to the excitement of your experience.

I wish you could recall in better detail what the elderly people were wearing, their hairstyles etc. I take it you guys were more interested in their faces and expressions which were to you just normal, casual.



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by davethebear
 


Often times these mysterious sightings are energized by the body of water and the flowing water more precisely.

Old cabins in the thickets can often be found in these areas and sometimes denote a place where interdimensional beings who monitor the earth come and go. Like a vortex which we have not even come close to understand yet have always been marked by unique and unexplainable phenomena.

I would delve a bit into the history of that area. You may never get concrete information but everything you discover will add to the excitement of your experience.

I wish you could recall in better detail what the elderly people were wearing, their hairstyles etc. I take it you guys were more interested in their faces and expressions which were to you just normal, casual.


I do not recall really what kind of dress they were wearing, hairstyles or anything....all I can say about deaths in the area is this..... Not too far from where the 8 elderly people were spotted on that night, just around the corner used to be a public house called the Hangmans Tree (demolished about 5 years ago now), the pub was built opposite an old Elm Tree that was used for public execution in the 18th and 19th century's.....maybe the folks were on their way to the gallows......you never know........



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear
 


It can be supprising how quickly older people can walk. My mum is usually very slow - arthritis, but does suddenly move quickly if it suits her!



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
My favorite TV Show back in 1990 to 1996











The Man's name narrating it is Warwick Moss My favorite voice actor for his scary voice!

Warwick Moss. The Series was named The Extraordinary.
edit on 3/9/13 by fr33kSh0w2012 because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Maybe those old people we're NOT OLD people!




posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
An old memory came flooding back into my mind this morning, something I hadn’t thought about for a long, long time. At the time it happened, me and my old mates were all totally gob smacked


Gob smacked? Do you mean god-smacked? Like the Alice in Chains song turned awful band name? I don't get it.



posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by davethebear
An old memory came flooding back into my mind this morning, something I hadn’t thought about for a long, long time. At the time it happened, me and my old mates were all totally gob smacked


Gob smacked? Do you mean god-smacked? Like the Alice in Chains song turned awful band name? I don't get it.


Please forgive me, but I presume that you are not from the UK, it's just a term that we use, in fact I thought it was used by most English speaking countries, but I must be wrong.... Basically the term gob smacked means the same as flabbergasted, astounded, shocked, that kind of thing.....I am sure you understand what I mean now....

Cheers



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear
 


Sorry if this has been asked, but are you still in contact with your friends that were in the car? I think you should have a chat with them about the incident--maybe they remember something that you dont? And catching up with old friends is always good.



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cartenz
reply to post by davethebear
 


Sorry if this has been asked, but are you still in contact with your friends that were in the car? I think you should have a chat with them about the incident--maybe they remember something that you dont? And catching up with old friends is always good.


Yeah, I am seeing a couple of them next week, in fact. If I remember I will ask them about that night and just see how much that they remember............will keep ya posted.........cheers



posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear
 


Ghosts? I heard they can look real. Or early golfers? Could they gone down the path or in a house? Is there a message they were trying to convey? Maybe died in an accident and made you slow n look even turn around.

When I felt my late bro in room it's like time stood still n felt peace. Something unearthly.





new topics

top topics



 
31
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join