It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Elderly People Holding Hands, Vanished. Where Did They Go?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I love your tale of the mysterious. The thing that kept coming to mind for me was a parallel universe, a point in space and time where the two converge and where people like yourself happen to be at the right place at the right time. The couple could have been walking anywhere, a rest home hallway, a boardwalk while on vacation, grocery store, just any where that the 4 couples would be walking in que. Much like time travel, only not in time, but a space where eternity penetrates time.

Life is such a wonderful exciting place.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity is there a stream or a small body of water nearby? Or more so was there at the time you had this experience? Have you checked into the history of that particular point/ Was it a famous Pony express crossing for example?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

you say they were old, so to them you were young, and the generation gap of the times was well known, if they could see you turning your car they probably hid in the golf course behind a bush for fear you were upstarts, it must have given them a fright to see a car pass by and then turn to come back towards them again and in a quiet road at 4,30am, it would give me a scare,..... I am sure that fright would be enough to make them pull out all the stops and shift their ass across the road to the golf course bushes... if your story is true in the context you present it, there is a logical explaination. its unlikely there were 4 pairs of idiots holding hands nipping around the roads at 4.30am ish..... one maybe even two but 8 would be rare... and just as a matter of interest, why wouldn't those people be out at that time. maybe celebrating an anniversary or some such event, you were out at that time, so what's the problem with other's being out or is it not deemed cool for the elderly to be out and about whenever they want... anyway. there is a reason, whatever it is, it isn't paranormal, or eerie...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Eight Elderly People Holding Hands, Vanished. Where Did They Go?

Into Denny's for the early-bird specials?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

I love your tale of the mysterious. The thing that kept coming to mind for me was a parallel universe, a point in space and time where the two converge and where people like yourself happen to be at the right place at the right time. The couple could have been walking anywhere, a rest home hallway, a boardwalk while on vacation, grocery store, just any where that the 4 couples would be walking in que. Much like time travel, only not in time, but a space where eternity penetrates time.

Life is such a wonderful exciting place.

Whilst I was looking into the death of Marylyn Monroe, I came across a couple of People that met up with a guy reportedly from the "Church of Lucifer" no don't laugh!...Who seemed to think that the visual replay of events were predictable under certain conditions. As they waited outside the deceased house at about eleven at night, at the time he calculated for the apparition, they saw her walk out of the house and down the road. The road was wet and muddy when they followed the direction that the apparition had taken they could find no tracks.If you google the Ghost of Marylyn it should come up.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

You forgot to tell is what you had to eat that night.

It didn't happen be brownies did it?

Or perhaps you had something with a few wild mushrooms mixed in?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

As a child I lived in an area with woodland that backed on to our house now it was not a remote area but a substantial housing estate. As kids especially during the school holidays we would camp out in the woods and I have fond memories of some great adventures (no PlayStations or Xboxes you made your own fun in those days)

on the outskirt of the wood was a well worn path in, only a bodies width wide through the undergrowth that led to a small clearing some 100 feet in. From there you could still see the outlines of the houses broken by the numerous trees and it was ideal to pitch your tent or blanket.

At daybreak usually around 4-4.30am during high summer one of us would volunteer to exit the wood and proceed to steal milk and eggs that the milkman had delivered to the houses. He usually made his deliveries around 4 am.

We would take a few bottles of milk and half a dozen eggs depending on which household had them delivered sometimes you would get a bonus of some orange juice and bread if you were lucky.

I remember doing the dirty deed one morning it was light and I was halfway along the path on my way out of the wood when in front of me a line of about 6 men (I assume) were blocking my path. They were in single file and dressed in black hooded cloaks ( I now know them to have been monks habits)

Being as the path was so narrow I had to step aside to let them pass and jumped onto the log of a fallen tree to the side of the narrow path. I do not remember seeing their faces as they passed albeit the last one who turned his head and smiled at me I remember him being quite young. As I jumped off the log I looked again but they were gone.

Now I was not one bit afraid either before or after my encounter I had never been exposed to horror films, ghost stories or other paranormal experiences or tales and really thought nothing of it. I remember asking my friends on my return if they had seen anybody but took it no further being more interested in sharing the spoils of my milk raid.

Strangely it wasn't until a few years ago it came flooding back to me when my kids were asking what I got up to as a kid.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Check the obituaries? See if 8 elderly passed away that night?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anonentity

I do not sense this as an apparition type event. I mean with an open mind perhaps they could have been spirits who the kids caught sight of by being there at the right time to see them but it really seems more like an interdimensional phenomena.

Op funny how when something concrete and real happens it never fades from memory. Something which helps you move closer towards your ultimate awareness.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Nice recollection of something that must have spooked you out. Though I don't know if I should be just congratulating you on your chortlesome mystery or trying to help? I'm looking at the paranormal aspect, and feel some important information is needed before making any judgement beyond "lol thats a funny story".

A road number and Google map location could help us to both identify any ghost stories/sightings in the area and also look at further possibilities of how the Jonathan Creek style 'magic' occurred.

Could they have exited one long garden (that may have looked like a field) just before you approached, and walked into another garden gate/entrance next door moments later after you had passed? Could they have walked through the golf course, because some around here have public footpaths/bridleways through them.

Did you see any with torches? (Did not sound like it) or did you see a Coach parked anywhere near by? (Unlikely a coach tour would be unloading/picking up at 4am mind you). Some other approaches on the logic would interest me, but never say never on the disappearing act...

Perhaps digging up the maps and ghost stories will disprove the supernatural element and you don't want that. If so that's a-ok with me, I hope you accept my LOL instead.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

They were all smiling as they ambled own the road, they were all dressed in normal everyday clothing that old people wear, they didn’t seem to be talking to each other.The couples were male and female…

Hmmm , If anything, the old folks were Pair-a-Normal.

On the other hand, coming upon an antique car full of retro-dressed
young men would seem slightly ....paranormal.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
A couple of Winters ago my daughter and I were driving threw heavy snow... ( 6-12 In's for the night) Montana here. Anyway's, it's snowing bad and quite close to home we spotted a guy & gal walking a bike and carrying a sack of food.

They flagged us or I stopped to make sure they were ok, I can't remember but I do remember them saying they lived by our Military Base. I'm the type that will go out of my way to help you but for some reason knowing where the Military Base is and my location ... They were off track. I had my daughter so I politely came up w/ an excuse and left.

We got down one block to our road and my daughter and I ( she was 16 at the time ) decided we had to give them a ride. I turned around... *poof* they were gone! We couldn't even find their bike trail! I literally went around about 20 blocks trying to find them.

* Poof *

My daughter and I will occasionally bring it up because... Dang! * just Poof * is there a logical explanation... More then likely... Do I believe in crap I can 't explain due to God or Corrupt Government ... Uh-huh... lol

Nice share S&F

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Sounds like a prequel or sequel to Cocoon. Elderly go away to another planet :-)

Script website has a lot of similar stories for the proposed cocoon sequel that never got made

Hehe

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
It's a sweet and mysterious story, certainly.
However, they were out of your sight for at least a minute, during which any number of things could have happened.

Perhaps a van/bus came along that they were expecting and picked them up, turned around and headed in the opposite direction.

They could have turned off the road immediately after you passed.

You have to go with the logical path rather than the supernatural because there has never been proof of the supernatural ever.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
an old friend of mine used to own a car, an old 1940’s/1950’s, Vauxhall Wyvern

Maybe the car, being from the forties, was some kind of catalyst...
Like, maybe it was shining...projecting a distant past through it's wind sheild..

great story s/f

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I'm incline to agree with the other posters that it has something to do with the car; Previous owners? Knowing the history of the car is good.

I had a similar experience, we were sitting on this log watching this dude running up the street--and he just vanished! with nowhere to go. All 3 of us saw him, then not. That instance I'm happy to ascribe to a time-slip because many years later the street was changed and where he vanished became a path that would have been obscured by a new building.

What is the area where you saw the old people like now? Still the same?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Maybe you went through one of those time warps.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
Maybe they thought you guys were turning around to mess with them and they scrambled. But to where?, old people can be clever, no rocks? no trees? if not then they vanished. It must have been pretty good , whatever they did, to make you remember it.

I have no problem remembering the incident, I can still see the old people's faces as we drove past in the car, and I still feel it in slow motion. You don't get many incidents like that in your life, so pretty hard to forget really....

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75

this event happened 27 years ago.
you felt a strong emotional response when the event occurred.

today you experienced some event which created a similar strong emotional response and based on the similarity of the emotional response the earlier event from 27 years ago surfaced and now you are focused on the event from 27 years ago and not on the current event like you should be.

thank you yes I am a mental health therapist with 40 years experience and a masters degree. yes the advice is free.
edit on 2-9-2013 by spirited75 because: yes the advice is free.

Maybe you are correct about something triggering off a past memory, but I have no idea what it was that conjured it up at that moment in time..........

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasmine23
Would a missing person file been reported,also did you check the newspaper to see if there were deaths,any runaways from a nursing facility?

No, the newspapers have never been checked or any runaways from a nursing home etc. Maybe I should look into it and see if anything weird occurred around that time. Maybe easier to check things now via the internet than what it was in the days before the net appeared......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join