It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Elderly People Holding Hands, Vanished. Where Did They Go?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Somewhere on the net there's a story corroborated by eight old folks
about the four ghostly young men in the car from their forgotten past.

SnF
edit on 2-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

remember that all occupants of the car have been drinking alcohol.
there is a golf course on one side of the road and
houses on the other side of the road.

let us not get hysterical about what was more than likely
a view of reality through the eyes of alcohol intoxication.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirited75

remember that all occupants of the car have been drinking alcohol.
there is a golf course on one side of the road and
houses on the other side of the road.

let us not get hysterical about what was more than likely
a view of reality through the eyes of alcohol intoxication.

I did mention the pub earlier in the thread, just saying that there was nothing else to do after 11pm, when they had closed. On that occasion we had not been drinking, the only drink that we had had on that night was coffee at the motorway service station. As for intoxication, that's a total no no, and there were no other substances used either, just in case you came up with an idea about drugs etc. Just young lads having a few coffee's and driving back home....

That's it in a nutshell.......
edit on 2-9-2013 by davethebear because: spelling mistake

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Great story I`m sure it would have played on my mind for a long time! Where about in the UK did this happen?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Somewhere on the net there's a story corroborated by eight old folks
about the four ghostly young men in the car from their forgotten past.

SnF
edit on 2-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Hahahaha........nice one, let me know if you find it.......

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashdespatch

Great story I`m sure it would have played on my mind for a long time! Where about in the UK did this happen?

In an area called Dudley, in the West Midlands. You have probably heard of the world famous Dudley Castle?Hahaha......

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Yeah I know it live in the midlands myself . Dudley is famous for the Dudley Dorito as well!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Going back to you story sounds like you could have experienced a time slip these events seem to happen more often than you would think

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

they were going skinnydipping in one of the deepest ponds on the golf course.
of course they hid from you and your car, it was 430 in the morning.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yeah I know it live in the midlands myself . Dudley is famous for the Dudley Dorito as well!

Yeah, the Dudley Dorito, was spotted in the skies not far from where I used to live in 2007....

Dudley Dorito link....
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Maybe they were a future you? How many people in car with you?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Maybe they were a future you? How many people in car with you?

That's an interesting thought Xeven, but there was only 5 of us in the car at the time...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

In an area called Dudley, in the West Midlands. You have probably heard of the world famous Dudley Castle?Hahaha......

Great thread I love these classic paranormal accounts ... I'm inclined to agree with the poster who mentioned the 'timeslip' phenomenon ... maybe it was something to do with your old car that triggered the event ... either way it would certainly be something I would have wanted to follow-up if it had happened to me (history of the place where it occured . any newspaper stories referring to 8 old people dying/disappearing in that area on the same night at some point in time etc..

And I certainly know Dudley (and it's world famous castle
) ... I was brought up in Tamworth until I moved to North Yorkshire nearly 20yrs ago (my first love lived in Burntwood) ... almost neighbours Dave.

Woody

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch

Originally posted by davethebear

Great thread I love these classic paranormal accounts ... I'm inclined to agree with the poster who mentioned the 'timeslip' phenomenon ... maybe it was something to do with your old car that triggered the event ... either way it would certainly be something I would have wanted to follow-up if it had happened to me (history of the place where it occured . any newspaper stories referring to 8 old people dying/disappearing in that area on the same night at some point in time etc..

And I certainly know Dudley (and it's world famous castle
) ... I was brought up in Tamworth until I moved to North Yorkshire nearly 20yrs ago (my first love lived in Burntwood) ... almost neighbours Dave.

Woody

Cheers woodwytch, seems as though you are pretty familiar with the area I am originally from....the place where I came from had many mining pits years ago, all of which have closed down a long time ago. I often wonder if it had something to do with pit deaths from years ago, you never know....yeah, and maybe the old car did have something to do with it, maybe we switched back in time momentarily, who knows....would have been even more weird if we had been wearing our band performance outfits.....cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It could have been related to pit deaths but I don't get any great feeling for that theory because surely the elderly folk would have shown themselves as they would have been at the time of the pit accident(s) not as old people.

Of course we also have to consider the possibility that it wasn't paranormal at all and it was just 8 old folks 'escaping' from a nearby care-home ... or just taking one last stroll down memory lane when it was all quiet and they wouldn't be disturbed ... if this is the case then your old car driving by must have made their night ... no wonder they all smiled at you guys.

Woody

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
they might of had a camp site on the road side bank

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SupersonicSerpent
they might of had a camp site on the road side bank

No, there are no campsites in that area......

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Maybe they thought you guys were turning around to mess with them and they scrambled. But to where?, old people can be clever, no rocks? no trees? if not then they vanished. It must have been pretty good , whatever they did, to make you remember it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

this event happened 27 years ago.
you felt a strong emotional response when the event occurred.

today you experienced some event which created a similar strong emotional response and based on the similarity of the emotional response the earlier event from 27 years ago surfaced and now you are focused on the event from 27 years ago and not on the current event like you should be.

thank you yes I am a mental health therapist with 40 years experience and a masters degree. yes the advice is free.
edit on 2-9-2013 by spirited75 because: yes the advice is free.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Would a missing person file been reported,also did you check the newspaper to see if there were deaths,any runaways from a nursing facility?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join