It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Elderly People Holding Hands, Vanished. Where Did They Go?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
An old memory came flooding back into my mind this morning, something I hadn’t thought about for a long, long time. At the time it happened, me and my old mates were all totally gob smacked and was something we talked about for weeks, months after…..

Anyway, this is what I can remember….

This happened in about 1986, I was 21 years old then, now I am 48, so this happened 27 years ago, which in itself is quite shocking. Where does the damn time go…….haha……

Anyway, an old friend of mine used to own a car, an old 1940’s/1950’s, Vauxhall Wyvern, which used to have the old bench style seats and because of our slight stature in those days, the car could hold up to 7 of us with a bit of a squeeze. The reason we loved the car at the time was because I used to be in a band with four others and we used to perform on stage in 1940’s/50’s, period type clothing, so my mates car looked great when we were dressed in our band clobber and was awesome when we shot band photographs and when we were driving down the road…

Vauxhall Wyvern...

Back in those days there was not much to do after the pubs had closed so we used to take a short drive, about 25 minutes up to the motorway service station, play on the machines and sit, chat and drink coffee. On one of these nights we decided to leave the service station at around 4 o’clock in the morning and head back home…
Now where we used to live it was not that well lit and this one particular road towards where we used to live was quite windy and dark. Anyway, as we drove up this particular road, on the right hand side of the road were trees and bushes and beyond them was a 18 hole golf course. On the left hand side of the road were just houses that ran all along the side of the road that were separated with a pavement between the houses and the road…

Now as we were coming up that road and turned the corner, we noticed on our left hand side a group of eight elderly people walking hand in hand, in pairs, one pair behind the other, walking in a straight line. Then we all seemed to have the weird feeling of everything moving in slow motion (hard to explain the feeling really). As we drove past the four elderly couples, we peered at them through the windows on the left hand side of the car, but at the same time all the elderly people turned their heads to face us as they carried on walking down the road. They were all smiling as they ambled own the road, they were all dressed in normal everyday clothing that old people wear, they didn’t seem to be talking to each other. The couples were male and female….

All of us in the car were totally mesmerized by the four elderly couples and thought it quite weird as to why 8 elderly people were walking down the road, hand in hand at about 4.30 in the morning. Where were they going at that time of the morning? Where had they been?

Even though we felt a feeling of slow motion, it didn’t seem too long before we had gone passed them and they were well behind us. Anyway the chatter started in the car and we were all asking questions at the same time, and we decided to turn the car around and go back down the road again to where we had passed the old couples. So the car was turned around within a minute of sighting them and headed back down the road, we kept on driving further than where we had spotted them earlier, but they were nowhere to be seen, they had completely vanished. There was nowhere that they could have gone, there was nowhere for them to vanish to, they were old; they couldn’t have ran anywhere that quickly.

So then, we were totally puzzled and it has puzzled me to this day…
Even though none of us are really religious, one of my mates came up with the idea that the 8 old people had died that night and were venturing off somewhere, hopefully to a better place than where they had left behind. This I found to be quite a spooky idea behind the 8 elderly people sighting…

It still makes me shiver whenever I think about it. I suppose that there could be a simple answer to it all, but due to how quickly we turned the car around and that there was nowhere else that they could have vanished to, plus the fact that there were no other cars on the road at that time of night, where could they have gone?

Has anybody else had a similar sighting as this, or heard anything like this before, then I would love to hear about it…..

Cheers…..

edit on 2-9-2013 by davethebear because: spelling mistake

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
And they definitely couldn't have walked off in that time? there was definitely nowhere for them to go? Cool car btw.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

Nice story. I am at loss to know what happened to them. Did you experience any unsual paranormal activity prior to driving down that road.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Eight Elderly People Holding Hands and Vanished. Where Did They Go?

To Bingo.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
And they definitely couldn't have walked off in that time? there was definitely nowhere for them to go? Cool car btw.

No, there is nowhere else that they could have gone to in such a small space of time between being spotted by us in the car and the car turning back and returning to the place where we had seen them. They had walked passed where all the houses were on that side of the road, there were only trees and grass with a path through it and the opposite side of the road was a golf course.......

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Nice story. I am at loss to know what happened to them. Did you experience any unsual paranormal activity prior to driving down that road.

No other kind of paranormal activity, just that weird sense of slow motion, that was really weird feeling and I have never felt that way again, since, so hard to explain how it felt, but felt quite sick for a short space of time. ...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

Eight Elderly People Holding Hands and Vanished. Where Did They Go?

To Bingo.

Perhaps they were going to meet a boat with alien on it........ no that's cocoon.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

No other kind of paranormal activity, just that weird sense of slow motion, that was really weird feeling and I have never felt that way again, since, so hard to explain how it felt, but felt quite sick for a short space of time. ...

Sounds like a genuine case of the paranormal Dave, very weird.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Okay - I'm having some trouble imagining the scenery - but there is something that doesn't add up.

I get the feeling that you couldn't see the place you passed them, when you turned the car around. Which tells me that there is either a lot of stuff in the area, trees, house etc, that blocked your view, and that 8 old geezers could easily have hidden behind by the time you got back, or that you had driven so far that when you turned the car, they were no longer in sight when you looked back, in which case you would have been driving for more than a minute.

So which one is it?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Then we all seemed to have the weird feeling of everything moving in slow motion (hard to explain the feeling really). As we drove past the four elderly couples, we peered at them through the windows on the left hand side of the car, but at the same time all the elderly people turned their heads to face us as they carried on walking down the road. They were all smiling

Hi Dave,

In my research, I have found this commonality of "feeling" something by those who have experienced this type of phenomena. It also seems that the UK has a vast majority of these cases but it is a phenomena experienced globally.

But, as I said, it is this strange feeling that is the clincher. There is usually metallic smells associated with it as well, not always, but often.

A feeling associated with accounts of Time Slips.

Plenty of accounts online to keep you interested too - that is just one link, but my Earths Unsolved X-Files (Part 1, #2)thread also has a famous account as well.

Weird feelings abound.

S&F.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Sublimecraft because: cue twilight zone music............

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hey OP nice thread.

I once came up my drive way and seen a old person pushing a walking frame, thru the fence, over that fence is old peoples units. weird thing is my house was built in the 60's the units were built in the 80's so why would there be a ghost pushing a walking frame thru that fence when its always been blocked by a fence.

always puzzled me this was 3 in the morning.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mads1987
Okay - I'm having some trouble imagining the scenery - but there is something that doesn't add up.

I get the feeling that you couldn't see the place you passed them, when you turned the car around. Which tells me that there is either a lot of stuff in the area, trees, house etc, that blocked your view, and that 8 old geezers could easily have hidden behind by the time you got back, or that you had driven so far that when you turned the car, they were no longer in sight when you looked back, in which case you would have been driving for more than a minute.

So which one is it?

As we came back down the road to try and see the old people again, there were just trees and bushes now on the left hand side, there is a fence behind the trees and beyond the fence is a golf course...

On the right hand side of the road where the elderly people were spotted were the occasional house, but the houses stopped where we saw them, and then there was left just grass and a few trees with the path alongside it...

There was not really anywhere that these people could really have hidden on the side of the road that they were walking down. I suppose they could have crossed the road and hidden behind the trees in front of the fence that led to the golf course. But why would they cross the road and hide themselves? They had no reason to think that we would go up the road and then turn the car around and return? If they were just normal everyday people they would just get on with what ever they were doing? But on the side of the road that they walking there was nowhere for them to disappear to...

In the short space of time that went by and our return to the scene of the sighting, there was nowhere that they could have disappeared to so quickly, and especially with the age of the people concerned....
edit on 2-9-2013 by davethebear because: spelling mistake

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

Then we all seemed to have the weird feeling of everything moving in slow motion (hard to explain the feeling really). As we drove past the four elderly couples, we peered at them through the windows on the left hand side of the car, but at the same time all the elderly people turned their heads to face us as they carried on walking down the road. They were all smiling

Hi Dave,

In my research, I have found this commonality of "feeling" something by those who have experienced this type of phenomena. It also seems that the UK has a vast majority of these cases but it is a phenomena experienced globally.

But, as I said, it is this strange feeling that is the clincher. There is usually metallic smells associated with it as well, not always, but often.

A feeling associated with accounts of Time Slips.

Plenty of accounts online to keep you interested too - that is just one link, but my Earths Unsolved X-Files (Part 1, #2)thread also has a famous account as well.

Weird feelings abound.

S&F.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Sublimecraft because: cue twilight zone music............

Thanks for that Sublimecraft, I shall have a longer look at the links you sent me later on tonight, very interesting..I don't remember any kind of metallic smell, the only thing I remember was the feeling of everything slowing down.....cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks
Hey OP nice thread.

I once came up my drive way and seen a old person pushing a walking frame, thru the fence, over that fence is old peoples units. weird thing is my house was built in the 60's the units were built in the 80's so why would there be a ghost pushing a walking frame thru that fence when its always been blocked by a fence.

always puzzled me this was 3 in the morning.

I have done quite a bit of reading over the years, especially around ghosts and that kind of thing. As for the old lady with the climbing frame, this could have been the place where she lived and also had died...

People sometimes say that they have spotted a ghostly figure in a wooded area and also other people say that they have also spotted a ghostly figure in much the same area at other times.This could come about because once upon a time there may have been a house built there and the person who lived and died there is still there even though they have passed on and cannot move beyond the area of where the walls of the house used to be. This is just one idea of what that could be, depends on whether you believe in ghosts or not, and always seem to be at night as well.....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Entertaining. Any other facts to corroborate this? Just curious.

Maybe this should be moved to fiction?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

There was not really anywhere that these people could really have hidden on the side of the road that they were walking down. I suppose they could have crossed the road and hidden behind the trees in front of the fence that led to the golf course. But why would they cross the road and hide themselves?

If you don't believe they might have hid themselves.
That's one place you're wrong. If I saw that car drive by slowly
and a some kids all gawk'n at me at 430 in the morning?
Then it turns around to come back ? You have no idea how you
might have looked to them.

You guys out terrorizen the old folks. That's just mean.

edit on 2-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArcAngel
Entertaining. Any other facts to corroborate this? Just curious.

Maybe this should be moved to fiction?

Obviously I have no other proof of the existence of these elderly people, apart from the other friends who were with me in the car at the time....

As for being moved to fiction, i don't see why it should be fiction, when in fact it was/is fact...

What else can I say?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

No one can prove it's fictional so no one can move it there.
Might get moved to grey area tho !

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

There was not really anywhere that these people could really have hidden on the side of the road that they were walking down. I suppose they could have crossed the road and hidden behind the trees in front of the fence that led to the golf course. But why would they cross the road and hide themselves?

If you don't believe they might have hid themselves.
That's one place you're wrong. If I saw that car drive by slowly
and a some kids all gawk'n at me at 430 in the morning?
Then it turns around to come back ? You have no idea how you
might have looked to them.

You guys out terrorizen the old folks. That's just mean.

edit on 2-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Hahaha, terrorising old folks, that's funny

Yeah, it may have seemed a bit weird to them being passed by a 1940's/50's car, with young men gawking at them through the windows, but I still can't believe that they had enough time to run and hide anywhere. If anything I thought they may have been interested with the car and maybe a blast from their past....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

No one can prove it's fictional so no one can move it there.
Might get moved to grey area tho !

Maybe it could be moved to the grey area, I just put my thread into the forum that I thought best suited what I had seen. If it is moved, then that's fine, sometimes you are not too sure where to post certain items, but I suppose that is what the MODS are there for........

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join