It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to America From a Syrian Mother

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
The way the whole thing is written doesn't seem like it was from someone there. Seems it was cooked up by some teenage US youtoober. The grammar and words "she" used. Either way I don't support any war over there by us.

Gs
edit on 3-9-2013 by GermanShep because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I find it ironic that you are calling me intellectually dishonest. That is a bit of a facetious remark on your part...

I have never said it is just the US that is to blame. However the US has played a huge part in screwing over nations, time and time again. Like another poster mentioned. The US is the only nation to have use nukes.. What the hell does that tell the rest of the world..

Also I would like to point out to your good self and other members this is not a blame thread. This is not a US bashing thread. This is a thread about how our brothers and sisters not just in Syria but throughout the world are suffering and in pain. And mainly due to the fact that the US seems to be deeply implicated in each of their sufferings in different aspects...

I find it ironic that you are calling me intellectually dishonest. I am speaking from my heart. I am well aware there are more players in this game. However the main player seems to be the US. I am also aware that a very high majority of Americans do not want war. But again it is your government that is inciting this. Not mine or anyone else's. But yours...

Instead of directing your pedanticism at me. Direct it at your warmongering government. You are the peoples of America. Give your government a well deserved smack in the face... It is your government (yes with the help of others) that has did this...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

The Syrian children deserve to live a decent life, just like any other kids in this small world.

And, yet, you would ask the only source of help; TO STAND DOWN! ???

edit on 3-9-2013 by tanka418 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Thank You...!

This is precisely what I was wanting to do. So many people just do not care if those who have died have a face, a name or a life. Unless they are American service men and women........

I wanted to show people. That those who have died are not just statistics. They are people. They are the same as you and I..

It is hard to decide what is the truth and what is not. However from what I have seen and read from Syrian people. The majority of them are in favour of Assad and his government.

Thank you for your understanding...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

No one in this thread has said the US is solely to blame. But the fact of the matter is that the US is the biggest game player.....

And why wouldn't Syria want to be friendlier with Russia. At least maybe the Russians can give them some sort of help and protection from Obomber and his cronies..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by GermanShep

Whether it was written by the mother or another person it does not matter. There will be many people who are in that situation. Many people will have lost so much when it was literally blown up in their faces....

Glad you are against the war...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

What you mean the US...?

You mean like.. The kind of help they gave to Afghanistan...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by namehere

because you live in peace, you don't constantly live in fear of your or your family and friend's lives, so you can only see from the outside and be somewhat objective of the human cost, your emotions aren't constantly being bombarded by death, poverty and war, you can see what they in that position cannot because the peace you live in which they don't. if you were poor and/or saw violence constantly you might understand the concept of placing greater value on those closer to you personally, or even just being on a battlefield fighting alongside others for your lives, many different things can create strong bonds which are blind to the plight of other groups of people.

I am confused. I hold each and every life in complete equality with one and the other. However if my loved ones were in danger they would be the ones I would try to save first. That goes for every living being on this planet. Look at animals they protect their young and their mates before their pride/flock/herd etc...

Why...? Because we have strong emotional bonds with them. And we love them. After I had saved my loved ones I would try to save as many people as possible. I do totally understand placing greater values on those closer to me. I never said I did not...

I have seen different types of violence and been victim to them myself. I am yet to experience a war type of violence and I hope I do not. It would be very hard for me to deal with so many people dying. That is why I silently pray for the deceased and the people in pain and in suffering. That is why I thank my stars that I have not been burdened with such a test. But who is to say this won't come knocking on our door...?

I am considered poor in the eyes of the UK government. But I do not consider myself poor. I have enough food, a roof over my head, a peat burning stove for warmth and the love of my partner, friends, family and animals. In my eyes I feel I live a very rich life. And I thank the universe for it...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Every single country (or as I prefer; "little Burg") in that region, oh hell, the whole world. Has the same problem, some just to a greater extent.

YOU HAVE ALLOWED WHAT IS HAPPENING TO YOU TO HAPPEN.

You, just like the west hare not paying attention to the world around yourselves. Take a moment; center yourselves. Take another look, and stop trying to blame someone else.

By-the-way; when the U.S.is in similar straights; I'll say the same!

Afghanistan is in the condition it is in because the people allowed terrorists to take over. (I make no distinction between pure terrorists and religious fanatics). Iraq, Iran, Syria, and the others are the same.

I will agree, that perhaps the world should just stay our of the business of the mid-East; but, ya know what? If the world did do that; you would scream even louder. If you don't wan the world to interfere, fix your own problems.

I know my words may be harsh, I can't change truth, only speak it. Oh...by-the-way; if I am ever in a position such as yours, and, it is my fault; you may say the same to me.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Of course her 'letter' will be moving ... lots of chatter and talk about suffering children ... but she got a few facts wrong. It's not a proxy war for America. (folks over there will blame everything on the USA) It's a proxy war by SAUDI ARABIA and QATAR and IRAN and SYRIA (with RUSSIA backing them). The USA isn't involved. It's all about MUSLIM oil/gas pipelines and about MUSLIMs fighting other MUSLIMS because they aren't MUSLIM enough.

ATS Thread - Syria - It's about Oil/Gas Pipelines and Religion

So while I understand that she's on the ground there and understands some things about suffering better than others .. she's missing the fact that it's not the USA (who gets blamed for everything) but instead it's the Muslim countries who are at fault with what is going on over there at this time.

edit on 9/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

You couldn't be more wrong. What rock are you living under?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Afghanistan looked better before democracy.. Its a lovely country shame want happened there. It should be warning enough to the world that the US should stay out of Syria..

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

I find it ironic that you are calling me intellectually dishonest. That is a bit of a facetious remark on your part...

I have never said it is just the US that is to blame. However the US has played a huge part in screwing over nations, time and time again. Like another poster mentioned. The US is the only nation to have use nukes.. What the hell does that tell the rest of the world..

Also I would like to point out to your good self and other members this is not a blame thread. This is not a US bashing thread. This is a thread about how our brothers and sisters not just in Syria but throughout the world are suffering and in pain. And mainly due to the fact that the US seems to be deeply implicated in each of their sufferings in different aspects...

Again.....

If you cannot hold EVERY Nation responsible for the bloodshed, hold NONE of them responsible.

The US isnt supplying weapons to Assad. The US doesnt have boots on the ground, like Iran.

And Bashing?

You need to read through your thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Sadly, It has never been about children

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Replacing Joan Collins with Obama is sheer class! I was just about rolling on the floor LMAO! : )

On a more serious note Obama is indeed a warmonger I mean If the cap fits and all that jazz!

Im more worried about the Illuminati masters pulling his strings!

edit on 7-9-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join