It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to America From a Syrian Mother

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

But the veil of ignorance have to come down, people needs to see our nations shadow government and corporate interest for what it is, nothing but criminals.

Many do see it for what it is.

What about other Governments though? ATS is diverse.Not everyone here is American. Isn't Russia just as corruptible? China? Iran? Are they not subjugated to the same type of pitfalls America has? I believe they ALL have part in this "blame game".

edit on 2-9-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yes but for some reason US is at the head of all the conflicts in the Middle east, in the last ten years you only have seen US in the middle east followed by their lap dogs from the "friendly" allies,

I will not name countries but we all know who their governments are.

No other country in the world has more private financed interest in the middle east than US and not other country spend in foreign aid like the US does.

The United States is notorious for having its fingers in many pies. One of the ways Uncle Sam tries to coerce other states to get in line with his preferred policies is by doling out foreign aid -- lots of it.

The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) states that its function is to provide "economic, development and humanitarian assistance around the world in support of the foreign policy goals of the United States." While the effectiveness of foreign aid remains up for debate, the United States recently has continued to pump around $50 billion in aid to other countries each year.

In terms of the absolute value of aid given, the United States is the world's top donor by far. So where is all that money going?

See where U.S. dollars flow below. If you want more, the government's website has a handy, interactive map.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

While I am sure that some of the billions actually feed the hungry, more of those billions end in the hands of terrorist groups specially in the middle east, interestingly that private interest is also involved in the foreign aid assistance programs in the US we most wonder why.

Top 10 Largest Donor of Foreign Aid in the World

www.whichcountry.co...

Look at the list and see why the lap dogs (countries government no the people),follow Americas all the way.

edit on 2-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Sigh.....

Those countries that accept aid, or military aid are just as GUILTY of the insanity you want to blame the US for!

You do see this, right?

Why cant you hold them to the Same standards you want the US to have? No one is forcing them to hold their hands out.

Do you really think if America wasn't there, that Russia China, or some other Country wouldn't step into the sphere of influence? WHY do you think China and Russia are helping Assad? Do you think they really want peace? If so, WHY not force Assad to stop fighting? What do they have to gain, being there helping him?

Instead of giving me the Anti-US rhetoric, please answer the questions. Preferably without a "but the US" afterwards.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
SAUDI ARABIA and QATAR

edit on 9/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

and I add Israel and Ottomans too. they are the only countries which are encouraging USA in order to involve in Syria directly.
but USA should not fund on some puppet governments. they are themselves close to collapse. when the fury of their own people overthrow those regimes, USA will find itself friendless and within a huge mess.

edit on 2-9-2013 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Nice thread - always good to bring a human face to tragedy, too many are willing to hear of deaths as statistics - but the face of suffering is compelling.

Just a quick additional; the forces fighting against Syria are not rebels, nor even mercenaries - they are bloodthirsty terrorists. They should always be so named, because this is the reality.

The government of Syria is not a regime, it is a government that has the broad support of its people.

Do not let them bend the language and therefore try to control the narrative - don't use their words, chose the words carefully yourself with an understanding of the message that they contain.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

And sadly sonnny you do not want to see that if I go with your interpretation of why US is in the middle east and that is to avoid having other countries taking advantage of opportunity I also have to accept that killing people in the name of national security and for the good of the US national interest is morally right.

I understand you point of view but remember one evil is not excuse for other evils.

edit on 2-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

America are the only ones wanting to blow the crap out of them. Like Iraq, Afghanistan, libya etc. They just dont stop. We are not saying other governments are blameless, but the US is getting out of control. Be honest with yourself. You americans can change this, not us.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I understand you point of view but remember one evil is not excuse for other evils.

I was hoping you could answer those questions one by one, but alas.

Pointing one finger, always has three pointing back at you........

Like I said. There are many players involved. If you cannot hold all of them accountable, then hold NONE of them accountable.

It is and always will be intellectually dishonest to blame only one Government.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by marg6043

Sigh.....

Those countries that accept aid, or military aid are just as GUILTY of the insanity you want to blame the US for!

You do see this, right?

Why cant you hold them to the Same standards you want the US to have? No one is forcing them to hold their hands out.

Do you really think if America wasn't there, that Russia China, or some other Country wouldn't step into the sphere of influence? WHY do you think China and Russia are helping Assad? Do you think they really want peace? If so, WHY not force Assad to stop fighting? What do they have to gain, being there helping him?

Instead of giving me the Anti-US rhetoric, please answer the questions. Preferably without a "but the US" afterwards.

AID - is just bribes, that are paid to specific groups so the external power can gain political influence over that region.

As far as your question regarding if some other power would not step in if America wasnt there - is the same kind of question as 'Is it true that you stopped beating your wife?'

China has shown all throughout Africa and Asia - they use economic means, they trade and buy - they do not use covert means, or threat of military intervention - nor do they supply terrorists with arms. They are merchants, and if they are refused - they make a better deal.

Russia has also shown, most recently in Cyprus - that they also deal with people on the basis of consent. They wrote off $2 billion of Cyprus debt in return for denying the US use of military bases in Cyprus. They did not threaten, they did not send in covert operatives, they didnt assassinate people - they simply made an offer that was accepted.

Why would Russia or China force Assad, a leader of a legitimate govt with broad popular support to bow to the wishes of a foreign regime that has hired terrorists to attack his people, to kill civilians indiscriminately inside the nation he is charged with defending?

Do you think if Saudi Arabia sponsored terrorists inside the US, and blew up world trade centers, and gassed people to death that China should come in to the US and force the US government and people to step aside and allow Saudi Arabia to select people to lead the US? Your premise is as insane as it is unsavory.

Yes, China and Russia have much to gain, as does the rest of the world. They may be able to stop the death, torture and murder of millions more innocent people - they may through diplomacy, trade and exchanges in values and materials gain a world not driven into madness by the western powers.

The western powers who at all costs will protect the petro dollar - yes it is in the interests of all nations that the petro dollar system fail. While the petro dollar exists it is a world wide tax on all nations, and the profits that accrue to the warmongers in the west from that tx is always spent on more weapons, more aggressive interventions, more suppression.

They petro dollar system forces the rest of the world to pay for its own enslavement - yes China, Russia and the world have much to gain by the death of the dollar.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
Be honest with yourself. You americans can change this, not us.

The Russian defense industry source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said Assad had started in recent months paying off a nearly $1-billion contract for four S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems and another $550 million order for 36 Yak-130 trainer fighter planes.

Syria Pays for Russian Arms to Boost Ties with Moscow

Yes. Its ONLY Americas fault. There are no other players in this game. Lets ALL close our eyes to the hypocrisy.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by tracehd1

Syria is not the only possible route for a gas pipeline.

This is inner civilization struggle that was going on long before Europe arrived on the scene.

www.wnd.com...

If the EPA would stop blocking oil production in the US at every corner, we have enough oil on our own soil that we could easily supply all our own needs. So oil need not be a covert reason. If the reason is to keep the US pristine while drilling messy in the middle east, that's horrendous.

Also, the emotional appeal is for the US NOT to intervene.

I as a grandmother and mother fear for my children when intervention that is truly none of the US's business happens, so will WWIII and my children and grandchildren will also know the kind of fear the Syrian children are experiencing and fearing experiencing if the US sticks it's nose in THEIR civil war.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
Be honest with yourself. You americans can change this, not us.

The Russian defense industry source, speaking on the condition of anonymity, said Assad had started in recent months paying off a nearly $1-billion contract for four S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems and another $550 million order for 36 Yak-130 trainer fighter planes.

Syria Pays for Russian Arms to Boost Ties with Moscow

Yes. Its ONLY Americas fault. There are no other players in this game. Lets ALL close our eyes to the hypocrisy.

What hypocrisy? If North Korea funded terrorists inside Canada, and they were killing thousands of people - would the US not supply weapons and defenses to Canada?

Would that make the actions of the US, in supplying defensive weapons to an ally the same as those of North Korea who was sending in terrorists to destablize it?

The only hypocrisy is your ability to rationalize aggressive covert attacks by foreign nations as being the same as self defense.

The US is the aggressor - plain and simple, along with Saudi and Qatar it is sending terrorists into Syria and using their presence as an excuse to attack!?

The intent of the US is aggression, overt and covert - Syria has a RIGHT to defend itself morally and according to international law, as does Russia in supply of legal arms to an ally.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amagnon

The intent of the US is aggression, overt and covert - Syria has a RIGHT to defend itself morally and according to international law, as does Russia in supply of legal arms to an ally.

Same "excuses" America uses in its sphere of influence in the ME!

You want peace? Stop making excuses for World Governments.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Same "excuses" America uses in its sphere of influence in the ME!

You want peace? Stop making excuses for World Governments.

Whether I agree with the method of any government or not, if they are supported by their people and they maintain a lawful and secular state - then they have a right to exist and they have the right to defend themselves from politically sponsored terror from interests outside of their borders.

The US does NOT use that as an excuse - they use an excuse that some nation or other is some kind of FUTURE threat.

Syria is being attacked NOW - it has reason to defend itself NOW.

The lies told regarding Iraq and its so called WMD's that never existed should clarify as to who is making a legitimate claim of self defense.

Just because the US makes false claims of self defense, based on lies of some future threat - it does not invalidate an ACTUAL and LEGITIMATE claim by another state that has terrorists inside it right now attacking it. Syria is not attacking, nor does it plan to attack any other state - but rather to contain the terrorists INSIDE ITS BORDERS.

If it is attacked by external nations it has a legitimate right to defend itself, and destroy the external threats.

If the US had used this same approach, then it would have done nothing but find and defeat terrorists inside its borders. The US however travels the world, creating bad guys in other peoples nations then using that as an excuse to attack that nation.

You are obviously incapable of making a distinction of anything related to the US even where the contrast is analogous to night and day.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Amagnon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
All these articles on the chemical weapons being fired by the soldiers are weird, because on CBS just now I heard them ADMIT that the Syrian soldiers DID NOT fire chemical weapons, but they said that the government did not let ambulances through. Maybe I heard wrong, but I could swear that's what I heard. There doesn't seem to be any article on this though, so I'm hesitant to say that's true.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You are obviously incapable of making a distinction of anything related to the US even where the contrast is analogous to night and day.

Your so wrong, its hilarious.

You couldn't even see the hypocrisy in your statement!

The same "excuses" you use for Russia and Syria, is the same "exact excuse" the US uses with Israel !

Your moral "superiority" to it all, by "justifying it" is laughable. Your not for peace. Don't make it seem like you care. If you cannot see that they are the same, then you have no right to claim OUTRAGE. Its that simple.

Laughable.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

The problems I have is that after watching the live blog from Syria you can pretty much see that the soldiers are the same people as the citizens, loves ones, mothers, fathers, brothers related in one way or the other, that brings a big red flag of how you own family member will release chemical weapons within the population.

Just like our own US military, they are us part of us our families and friends, will they release chemical weapons on us?.

Then you have the Rebels that already is been prove that they are different factions that have migrated into Syria due to other countries interest as mercenaries for hire or looking to cement their power like the Muslim brotherhood and Al-Qaida.

How we should believe about who is killing who.

Your own people or the people that are financed by foreign aid thanks to US tax dollars and have no ties to the people of the country they are trying to destroy.

Is just a matter of adding one and one together, no much thinking just reasoning.

Right?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

At some point the world is going to have to stop relying on America to act as the international police.

edit on 2-9-2013 by silo13 because: bold

The world doesn't want America to be the International Police.

That's the delusion of the American Government.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

In Afghanistan they are still been funded by the US foreign aid program, already the government of Afghanistan has warned the US that money from US is ending in the hands of terrorist, because the contractors from the US do not care to whom they handle the money as long as they get away with what they want.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

And personally that does not compute with me.. And I do not understand it.

because you live in peace, you don't constantly live in fear of your or your family and friend's lives, so you can only see from the outside and be somewhat objective of the human cost, your emotions aren't constantly being bombarded by death, poverty and war, you can see what they in that position cannot because the peace you live in which they don't. if you were poor and/or saw violence constantly you might understand the concept of placing greater value on those closer to you personally, or even just being on a battlefield fighting alongside others for your lives, many different things can create strong bonds which are blind to the plight of other groups of people.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join