It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to America From a Syrian Mother

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by AthlonSavage

My views on the Middle east and including Syria are simple. The UN declare Middle East a demilitarised zone. All guns, firearms, bombs missles etc removed.

I hope in the Middle East demilitarized zone you are including Israel.. Who kill Palestinians with American tax payers money...
Personally I would prefer to see the US as a demilitarized zone since you are the only nation to have nuked someone... I guess they are starting the demilitarisation in the US with restrictions on gun use for civilians..

Well said. It's one of the most cold hearted nations ever to exist. Responsible for more deaths than any other country in the 21 century. Who are the terrorists again?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I suggest you stop blaming the U.S. and western nation, and start facing up to the horrible ways of the culture from which you came.

Middle Eastern culture did not start the last two wars there.. The US did. A little ignorant on your part to refer to middle eastern culture as having horrible ways... Some of the old cities in the world the home to the birth of Christianity... A culture spanning back thousands of years and rich in heritage.. May I ask where you come from and how old your culture is please...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by fluff007

Just reading the first couple of sentences I find disinfo.

What is lost in the discussion of the holocaust that is unfolding in Syria, is the suffering of the innocent Syrian people. Even with the conflict is just getting warmed up, an estimated 100,000 Syrians have been brutally murdered.

That's a bold face lie. It makes it sound like Assad has murdered a 100,000 Syrians, namely civilians, hence why the first sentence calls it a holocaust. Truth is that's the total number of people killed from all sides, Assad's forces, terrorists/foreign fighters, FSA, and civilians.

That said, I agree and feel for the Syrian people because they are the only victims in this civil war.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

Yet you do not mention the number of Civilans killed in Iraq since the war/occupation. Information Clearinghouse has the number at 1,455,590.

The number is shocking and sobering. It is at least 10 times greater than most estimates cited in the US media, yet it is based on a scientific study of violent Iraqi deaths caused by the U.S.-led invasion of March 2003.

Further.,

A study, published in prestigious medical journal The Lancet, estimated that over 600,000 Iraqis had been killed as a result of the invasion as of July 2006. Iraqis have continued to be killed since then. The death counter provides a rough daily update of this number based on a rate of increase derived from the Iraq Body Count. (See the complete explanation.) The estimate that over a million Iraqis have died received independent confirmation from a prestigious British polling agency in January 2008. Opinion Research Business estimated that the death toll between March 2003 and August 2007 was 1,033,000.

Of course any loss of life is a trajedy. The fact the US is involved in one of the biggest mass killings of Civilians is very disturbing. It never gets talked about or argued about in any way. The media has stayed clear of discussing this. They are beholden to corporate interests as well as not wanting to upset the Govt in any way shape or form.
www.justforeignpolicy.org...

Syria has been a part of the Neo Cons plan since the mid 1990's. The idea of bases in the Middle East is not new. Gen. Clark as you may know announced the 5-6 Countries that were slated for takeover. Iran, Iraq, Syria, Libya, and one or two others. So far he has been over 50% in his prediction.

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. established in 1997 as a non-profit educational organization founded by William Kristol and Robert Kagan. The PNAC's stated goal is "to promote American global leadership."[1] Fundamental to the PNAC were the view that "American leadership is both good for America and good for the world" and support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity."[2] With its members in numerous key administrative positions, the PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War.[3][4]

en.m.wikipedia.org...
The actual PNAC report that was signed by Cheney, Rumsfield, Wolfowitz and others from the previous administration.

www.newamericancentury.org...

In this policy report published in Sept 2000... They call for a attack on par with Pearl Harbor or bigger to galvanize public opinion.

In the early-1990s, there was a group of ideologues and power-politicians on the fringe of the Republican Party's far-right. The members of this group in 1997 would found The Project for the New American Century (PNAC); their aim was to prepare for the day when the Republicans regained control of the White House -- and, it was hoped, the other two branches of government as well -- so that their vision of how the U.S. should move in the world would be in place and ready to go, straight off-the-shelf into official policy. This PNAC group was led by such heavy hitters as Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, James Woolsey, Paul Wolfowitz, Richard Perle, Bill Kristol, James Bolton, Zalmay M. Khalilzad, William Bennett, Dan Quayle, Jeb Bush, most of whom were movers-and-shakers in previous Administrations, then in power-exile, as it were, while Clinton was in the White House. But even given their reputations and clout, the views of this group were regarded as too extreme to be taken seriously by the mainstream conservatives that controlled the Republican Party.

www.crisispapers.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
the sad truth is not enough people care about themselves any longer let alone these poor souls who are living in such disparity and death.

i can prove that as well, let me tell you how, if enough people cared, we could stop this within days. if all the UN nations surrounded Syria and demand all the govt, and rebel factions surrender and walk away leaving the citizens in their homes. it would end that quickly.

we all know the govt is dirty, because all govts. are dirty and we know the rebels including al ciada are dirty so why not have everyone come to the front and give them no choice, die or surrender, walk away leaving citizens to elect their own new govt, military and every other position available, start from scratch because if the citizens stick together and the UN surrounds them they have zero choice and the killing ends one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

reply to post by greavsie1971

I cant help but wonder, is the USA next? USA spring?

They have thought of that already.. Thats what the Fema camps are for and that is why they are making a home guard..

It would give the rest of the world chance to recover I guess.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Further

This happened with the Supreme Court's selection of George W. Bush in 2000. The "outsiders" from PNAC were now powerful "insiders," placed in important positions from which they could exert maximum pressure on U.S. policy: Cheney is Vice President, Rumsfeld is Defense Secretary, Wolfowitz is Deputy Defense Secretary, I. Lewis Libby is Cheney's Chief of Staff, Elliot Abrams is in charge of Middle East policy at the National Security Council, Dov Zakheim is comptroller for the Defense Department, John Bolton is Undersecretary of State, Richard Perle is chair of the Defense Policy advisory board at the Pentagon, former CIA director James Woolsey is on that panel as well, etc. etc. (PNAC's chairman, Bill Kristol, is the editor of The Weekly Standard.) In short, PNAC had a lock on military policy-creation in the Bush Administration. But, in order to unleash their foreign/military campaigns without taking all sorts of flak from the traditional wing of the conservative GOP -- which was more isolationist, more opposed to expanding the role of the federal government, more opposed to military adventurism abroad -- they needed a context that would permit them free rein. The events of 9/11 rode to their rescue. (In one of their major reports, written in 2000, they noted that "the process of transformation, even if it brings revolutionary change, is likely to be a long one, absent some catastrophic and catalyzing event -- like a new Pearl Harbor.") The Bush Administration used those acts of terrorism -- and the fear generated in the general populace -- as their cover for enacting all sorts of draconian measures domestically (the Patriot Act, drafted earlier, was rushed through Congress in the days following 9/11; few members even read it) and as their rationalization for launching military campaigns abroad.

If you have any doubt about this I suggest looking into the Anthrax mailings shortly after 9-11. It was a strain created in a US military lab. Despite reports to the contrary they never figured out who did it. I will say the use of fear to sway public opinion and distract was a staple of the Bush administration and continues today( the recent embassy closings and worldwide travel alert coincidentally right in the middle of the NSA discussion)
www.pbs.org...

www.pbs.org...

www.crisispapers.org...
So for Kerry make the moral argument is laughable. Syria has been a part of the plan since 2000. To claim this is not a US proxy war is just ignorant of the bigger picture.

As The Who said
"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss".

Different parties in the White House yet the plan for hegemony for the US continues unabated. The foreign policy of the US is being dictated by a small cabal of highly influential Neo-Cons. The idea of this whole thing is part of long range plan to control the oil fields and be in position to take on China. Not only will China need more oil than any Country on Earth in 2-4 years ( making them dependent on the US) they will be totally encircled by US military bases.

A great Frontline broadcast on Syria

www.pbs.org...

A fantastic BBC documentary on Syria.

A great explanation of what is going on currently in Syria.

thehowardbealeshow.tumblr.com...

As I posted on page 2 this is a quote from today's Guardian. There is a lot of truth in what he says.

The reason a missile attack on Syria is proving so unpopular on both sides of the Atlantic has nothing to do with neoimperial hubris. The reason is that it is a bad idea. "Punishing" a dictator for killing his own people by simply killing more of his own people seems beyond cruel. It seems stupid. It leads nowhere. Public opinion may be a poor guide to the minutiae of state policy. But that opinion has been saddled with two long wars, both failures. As a result, leaders in London and Washington (and possibly Paris) have been sufficiently nervous to pass decision to their national assemblies. In British the result was a rebuff. In Washington, President Obama has decided to refer Syria to Congress and France's president, François Hollande, may do likewise.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 2-9-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Double post sorry..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Back in 2009 when Assad agreed to let the Kirkuk–Baniyas pipeline be repaired and possibly rebuild to double it size, everyone was best of friends.

2009 kerry and his wife having dinner with Assad and his wife.

In late 2010 it all went pear shaped, and now Assad is no longer the shining light in Syria and the great new reformer as America claimed at the time and is now painted as monster.

It doesn't take much working out what going on here.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007

Even your own service men and women are saying: "Wake Up America". It is there in black and white...

See, the hypocrisy knows no bounds....... This is a simple blame thread, one in many that I have seen lately. Has your moral compass forgot about Iran, China, and Russia? WHY wont you hold these countries to the same standards you want America to have?

Are Chinese weapons being used in this war?
Are Russian Weapons being used in this War?
Are Iranians actually on the ground in this War?

The answer is YES.

If you were intellectually honest, and really wanted to drive the point home that War isn't the answer, you would have clearly stated that there are more players in this game, that are causing death and destruction. But....

Its convenient to point the finger. No one here in America wants war. Many know about the innocent victims. There have been protests, and One of our greatest allies doesn't want to go in. So in retrospect it is clear what Americans in General think. We dont want it.

For the poor people in Syria, I wonder if they even care if Russian and Chinese weapons are murdering them down, or Iranians are actively on the streets butchering people. I would believe that they care about Peace just as much as the next man on this Earth.

In Conclusion, it is GOVERNMENTS that want this War. It is Profiteers that want this War.

Do not put blame on America, unless you are able to be honest and blame Assad, Russia, China and Iran also for the atrocities happening.

Be honest.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
In all honesty, the real problem with this world is the US and Saudi Arabia. There I said it...fire away!

Yes and the Saudis control Syria's Chechen fighters in the Syrian rebel forces, (Sarin anyone?), something Putin will have no tack with. Apart from that, Assad has already done a deal with Putin and the Chinese for the aftermath clean-up, way back in June

kleinonline.wnd.com...
so no Blackwater gangs in Syria then, and the US moneymen are pissed because their noses are out of joint.
The Mother is correct even if she does not know the detail.

Edit, (methinks AOL's er, background boys are a bit pissed with this thread and the link as well) I've been shut down three times here while tring to post this.
edit on 2-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I am home doing some cleaning today and I have been listening to CNN...and they keep debating should we strike; should we not...and I keep thinking what about the Syrian people...if we strike won't more innocent bystanders die and/or live and suffer.

Are we being pulled into another war because TPTB want to make some big bucks. War is a big business and many people in high places would profit if another war is started.

Is it because our economy is so lousy; that TPTB are promoting another war?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Do not put blame on America, unless you are able to be honest and blame Assad, Russia, China and Iran also for the atrocities happening.

Are Assad, China and Iran funding the Al-qaeda rebels in Syria....? No they are being funded by the west.. Just like in Afghanistan...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Are Assad, China and Iran funding the Al-qaeda rebels in Syria....? No they are being funded by the west.. Just like in Afghanistan...

You didn't answer ANY of the questions I proposed.

You know I am right of course.

That is typical of those who want to point the finger......At America ONLY. Be Honest. Not intellectually dishonest.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You are right, Americans do not want this war, but that piece of president whore we got in the white house is serving well to his masters interest and has been financing the civil unrest in Syria for the last two years, yes I am aware that is Chinese, Russians, the Muslim Brotherhood, Al-Qaida and many mercenary and interest groups, but over one billion of US tax dollars can buy many things in a country like Syria this days and that is how much our Obamacraca has given away to finance this war in the name of feeding the children, what he is been feeding is terrorism.

So yes, any father and mother that has lost somebody in Syria due to this war financers are right to blame Americaca and Obamacraca.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

There is nothing any of us can do! we are just the sheep, it is the shepherds who decide when to cull their flock...If only us sheep had the power, we would all graze greener pastures,, in a peaceful place

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Well Marg, I see things with open Eyes. I blame America also. I also blame Assad. I blame Russia and the Chinese. I blame Iran.

I blame anyone who can stop the bloodshed if they want to.

I blame those who are selling weapons.

I blame those who could ask the bloodshed to stop, but dont.

I blame the Rebels.

I blame Assad.

None of the blame though, will stop the bloodshed. If the West stopped supplying arms, and Russia and China stopped supplying the arms.......you see?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
She does not want help? Must be a afraid to say what she really feels. That's understandable, Assad has everyone living in fear of him, like Adolf.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

The more I research in the Syria, Egypt, the left overs of Iraq and Afghanistan the more I come to the conclusion of how evil the profiteers of war and those behind the private military complex are, Sonnny is just despicable, as long as their financial interests are protected they don't care a crap of who has been killed and about to be killed in any of the countries they have their greedy and corrupted eyes on.

Is incredible how much of Americas tax dollars are going to finance no only terrorism in the middle east but the killing of human beings all in the name of "national security" behind the private interest.

Now bombing Syria is been propagandized as "a moral duty", who is going to be killed, you guess is just from the same group of people that already has been targeted to become victims.

We are living in dark times, and to think that our tax dollars are the ones been used for this type of crimes, is hard for some to believe.

But the veil of ignorance have to come down, people needs to see our nations shadow government and corporate interest for what it is, nothing but criminals.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

That is nothing, the talking heads are just finding news to keep the ratings going, what you are going to experience in the next week is an agenda financed by the US government with Kerry at the head, of one week of drilling on how "Morally acceptable" is going to be to kill more people in Syria because America have a "Moral Obligation"

He will be for the entire week on the news outlets drilling this to us.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
My views on the Middle east and including Syria are simple. The UN declare Middle East a demilitarised zone. All guns, firearms, bombs missles etc removed.

The measure, is swap food for guns, hand up guns for foods
Second cut off sending all technology to Middle east, unless it represents housing, or sanitation.
Use force to seize guns weapons where it must be used

The above can only work if all countries (Russia, China, Pak, US ) collaborate.
No more play favourates and play one against other. Israel , Pali
No more use of Middle east oil. leave it in ground, and can only be extracted by middle eastern countries for their own use.
Shut down IRAN nuclear program.
If they want reactor US can provide them one for non military purposes.

edit on 2-9-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

it won't happen for a simple reason... there's money in war... russia profits by selling arms to syria.. we profit by selling arms to other countries in the region.. and they all profit when things blow up because they send in government contractors to "rebuild" and set it up for another round.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join