It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to America From a Syrian Mother

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
One thing that needs to be made clear is 70% of Syrians are loyal to Assad according to a NATO report in June.

70% Support Assad
20% Hold a neutral position.
10% Support the rebels.

Can Cameron or Obama say the same, but yet want to wage war on Assad for being a dictator, now that's called ironic.

Totally true and well pointed out. Assad has been doing good by the Syrians. Even the Syrians say so. How dare we tell them what is good for them.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

It should tug at your heart. Because things like this are wrong. No matter what country or race of people are affected it is wrong..!!!

Why have people become so desensitized this is precisely what TPTB want. They want people to become emotionless droids who do not give a flying **** about their fellow man..

Amazing new research suggests that human beings have devolved emotionally during the last 100 years.

If the sad emotional decline continues, we'll be left with nothing but a bunch of automaton droids running around without a feeling sense.

Researchers at the University of Bristol have done an impressive analysis of literature published during the last 100 years. The data shows a very strong decline in emotionality overall, and highlights a distinct rise in fear since in the 1970's.

Here is a summary of the research:
• Database of over five million digital books analyzed for emotional content
• Mood words were divided into six categories: anger, disgust, fear, joy, sadness, and surprise
• Adjustments made for new content fields
• Since 1900, a massive decline in literary expression of emotions
• Fear declined overall, but is on the upswing since the 1970's
• Happiness at its peak during the 1920's and 1960's
• Sadness rising during the 1930's and at its peak during World War II, with another sadness rise during the 1970's
• The emotion of "disgust" showed the lowest final score
• British English has become even less emotionally expressive than American English

www.naturalnews.com...

Full Analysis:
www.plosone.org...:doi/10.1371/journal.pone.0059030

And just because it came from NaturalNews does not mean it is not genuine. Many many articles I have read on their site have been legit. Make of it what you will...

Om mani padme hum ~ Good karma to all living things.........

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Just reading the first couple of sentences I find disinfo.

What is lost in the discussion of the holocaust that is unfolding in Syria, is the suffering of the innocent Syrian people. Even with the conflict is just getting warmed up, an estimated 100,000 Syrians have been brutally murdered.

That's a bold face lie. It makes it sound like Assad has murdered a 100,000 Syrians, namely civilians, hence why the first sentence calls it a holocaust. Truth is that's the total number of people killed from all sides, Assad's forces, terrorists/foreign fighters, FSA, and civilians.

That said, I agree and feel for the Syrian people because they are the only victims in this civil war.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I am sorry that children are dying in the middle east, and witnessing such atrocities.

I am sorry those countries are such chitty hellholes.

I suggest you stop blaming the U.S. and western nation, and start facing up to the horrible ways of the culture from which you came.

There is nothing that the U.S. or ICBs want from Syria.

There is no need to build any pipeline, because the Middle East is running out of oil.

It is bad now, but it is only going to get worse in those countries.

If you are one of the lucky ones to make it to Europe, I suggest you abandon the ways of your culture, so that you do not bring the troubles you fled from, to the new country you now call home.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Of course her 'letter' will be moving ... lots of chatter and talk about suffering children ... but she got a few facts wrong. It's not a proxy war for America. (folks over there will blame everything on the USA) It's a proxy war by SAUDI ARABIA and QATAR and IRAN and SYRIA (with RUSSIA backing them). The USA isn't involved. It's all about MUSLIM oil/gas pipelines and about MUSLIMs fighting other MUSLIMS because they aren't MUSLIM enough.

ATS Thread - Syria - It's about Oil/Gas Pipelines and Religion

So while I understand that she's on the ground there and understands some things about suffering better than others .. she's missing the fact that it's not the USA (who gets blamed for everything) but instead it's the Muslim countries who are at fault with what is going on over there at this time.

edit on 9/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

I am just floored at the people that agree w/ you!!! I'm so floored i don't even know where to begin. The US has nothing to do w/ it? They're fighting over pipe-lines? You're absolutely right... WE are FIGHTING over pipe-lines!! And power!!!

Yes the Arab Countries have been at war for a long time... W/ our help and our lies!

edit on 2-9-2013 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I haven't devolved emotionally, I just won't let some stupid news story which possibly has no basis in fact, that I cannot find out first hand myself whether it is true or not...to Influence me, and if I were in such a position to send another in harms way, to send someone into harms way.

Nothing more stupid than sending others to die trying to fix that which cannot be fixed, this can't be made right, nothing can be made right, never has and never will be made right. Consider the past, when news took about a month or more to come from overseas, read about it, cat's way, way, way, out the door, Too Late.

This is the same old crap that's been going on forever, technology for waging war and genocide changes, you hear about it instantly because of the internet, nothing changes but our ability to express our meaningless opinions regarding all those poor souls in the world and what should be done.

Nobody lives forever, that's why they forget and keep repeating the same mistakes over and over and over again.
Realistically, the only way to fix anything is to take EVERYBODY'S weapons away, all weapons that could be used to do harm to anyone in any imaginable way, fairly and freely share all resources to provide for everyone here, but realistically, that never will happen, but if it did, people would still figure out some way of hurting one another anyway.

Nearly everything I read everywhere about anything could be likened to beating a dead horse.
Just be glad you're not there having to endure the agony personally, and if you can figure out some way to fix things, a sure fire way, I'm right there next to you to help.

Everything is meaningless.

edit on 2-9-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: yuyu

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I cannot tell you for sure who exactly is responsible for the deaths of the Syrians. It is so difficult to know what the real unadulterated truth is...

However..

Casualties of the Syrian civil war
Estimates of deaths in the Syrian civil war, per opposition activist groups, vary between 83,260 and 110,375. On 24 July 2013, the United Nations put out an estimate of over 100,000 that had died in the war.

UNICEF reported that over 500 children have been killed by early February 2012. Another 400 children have been reportedly arrested and tortured in Syrian prisons. Both claims have been contested by the Syrian government. Additionally, over 600 detainees and political prisoners have died under torture. By early September 2013, the opposition activist group Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) reported the number of children killed in the conflict had risen to 5,833, while at the same time 3,905 women were also killed. According to the UN, 6,561 children were killed by mid-June 2013.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
reply to post by Oceanborn

You fail to mention in your argument that the British may have exported nerve gas to SYRIA. Now why would they do that??????? www.independent.co.uk...

Good point,...... little off topic here but......., these chemicals used for sarin gas production........dont they put that in the water in the US????? (flouride)??
edit on 2-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Well yes I agree with you that they should take everybody's weapons away. But I cannot see that happening. I wish it would. But it is highly unlikely. I am constantly thinking and wondering that there must be some way to stop all this. I might not have to directly endure their agony. But I feel it. I feel it inside my heart.

It makes me sad and breaks my heart that in this day and age we are killing each like... like. I don't know. I was going to say animals. But animals kill for a reason (apart from cats
). We are not like that. We are worse. Not you and I personally, but humanity as a whole..

I just cannot understand why the people in charge cannot work together as a team. We are so much stronger that way. We could accomplish so many things..!

I do not see my opinion on things like this as meaningless. It is not meaningless to me. I feel their pain. I feel their anguish. I wish I could help. But I am yet to think of a definitive and lasting solution. And if I do find one I am comforted to know that I have support. So thank you..

There is a solution to every problem. The trouble is finding it. Clearly we still have a lot to learn as a species...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tracehd1

Syria is not the only possible route for a gas pipeline.

This is inner civilization struggle that was going on long before Europe arrived on the scene.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
Oh man, this is sad. Seeing all those bodies of children laid out.

Why won't those people STOP KILLING EACH OTHER.

I'm not sure there is anything we can do about it, anymore. We can't destroy the ME, can we? Because they are apparently murderous brutes? Or should we beat them into submission?

I don't know. I wish I didn't know what I do know.

Nonetheless, this is a very good OP.

They wont stop killing each other because US policy and media lies will not allow it.
edit on 2-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder, is the USA next? USA spring?

Just looking at the state of things there, militarization of police, largest debt in human history, massive corruption throughout the states......hope not but seems very likely.

Wonder which governments around the world intervene there when/if it does happen.

Buckle your seat belts.

If it does happen and some US citizens make it to Europe...remember, dont try to change our culture here. I like it the way it is thanks. Not perfect but it is improving.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

So while I understand that she's on the ground there and understands some things about suffering better than others .. she's missing the fact that it's not the USA

Who the hell else is threatening to bomb them into the stone age if not the US.. Its all over the MSM and the AM... Come back from planet FlyersFan back to earth.... I wonder if you peeps are for real sometimes....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hello Silo..

At some point the world is going to have to stop relying on America to act as the international police.

I really do not think the world wants the US to act as international police... Did Iraq phone 911 and ask the US to go there and kill a million civilians.. Did Afghanistan invite you... The world is against a war in Sryia no one wants the US there..
Ad least with the police they are accountable... US soldiers according to the US cannot be tried under international law.. That in my eyes makes them worse than the police..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

The propaganda is flying from both sides, try not to bite..

That is not propaganda my friend that is the cold hard rain of reality talking.. Wake up and smell the Depleted Uranium...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

My views on the Middle east and including Syria are simple. The UN declare Middle East a demilitarised zone. All guns, firearms, bombs missles etc removed.

I hope in the Middle East demilitarized zone you are including Israel.. Who kill Palestinians with American tax payers money...
Personally I would prefer to see the US as a demilitarized zone since you are the only nation to have nuked someone... I guess they are starting the demilitarisation in the US with restrictions on gun use for civilians..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Um .. no. Her 'message' was full of the usual anti-America, blame America for everything, rhetoric. She blames her suffering on the USA and not on the actual players (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Lebanon, and the Muslim religious leadership who have got the fanatics all worked up

No the fanatics are all worked up because you are funding them... The US funded Al-qaeda in Afghanistan and now is funding them in Syria.. Further the US has a tendancy to invade countries in the name of peace and freedom and use drones to bomb children... Do you really wonder why people are worked up..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

At some point the world is going to have to stop relying on America to act as the international police.

edit on 2-9-2013 by silo13 because: bold

Ha, are you kidding. Only Americans think that. NOBODY wants the US to be the world police. They took it upon themselves, and look at the mess we are in as a result. You only have to look at the US police to see how badly they are at policing things. Jeeeeez!!! Just as I gain confidence in people someone has to destroy it in one sentence.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
In all honesty, the real problem with this world is the US and Saudi Arabia. There I said it...fire away!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by greavsie1971

I cant help but wonder, is the USA next? USA spring?

They have thought of that already.. Thats what the Fema camps are for and that is why they are making a home guard..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join