It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to America From a Syrian Mother

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Well I agree with you, and that's what equality is all about. If the US did stop being the world's police they would be on more of an equal footing, but that requires a major ego check on the part of the American government. I do believe it is possible as we have witnessed spiritual and political awakening on a massive scale and its people like you standing up and saying no more that will change things. Peace to you.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Originally posted by iunlimited491
Very sad. -
Unfortunately, it's difficult to bring peace to a place that refuses to resolve it's own internal conflicts in a civil manner.

Not sure what you mean.

The US has been overthrowing their democracies since Operation Ajax.

They never asked to have their lives destroyed.

As a matter of fact, all they've been doing is telling the US to get lost, which is why the US has a long history of installing one dictator after another.

The US refuses to leave.

Not to mention that this "internal conflict" is a direct result of Western governments trying to overthrow yet ANOTHER country.

edit on 2-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Oh man, this is sad. Seeing all those bodies of children laid out.

Why won't those people STOP KILLING EACH OTHER.

I'm not sure there is anything we can do about it, anymore. We can't destroy the ME, can we? Because they are apparently murderous brutes? Or should we beat them into submission?

I don't know. I wish I didn't know what I do know.

Nonetheless, this is a very good OP.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

It's a shame for those who just want to live an honest life. Especially for the children - completely indifferent to it all, until their hatred manifests into a warped belief system, eventually leading them to join the chaos.

You see? - It's like, when I hear people talking about the 'prison' that is the United States... it's as if they are completely clueless as to what happens in other places. I guarantee that most of those who are caught in these war stricken battleground countries would do anything to live in the United States 'Police State'; to wake up each day and not have to worry about bombs going off or automatic gunfire exchanged right outside their front door.

Note:
don't take anything for granted

Your so right. These children are going to grow up resenting what they see and ask why and then hate. These people, these humans want nothing more then anyone else, to live A NORMAL life, to be safe, secure and free. They unite under Assad now because what has their other option been? Join Al Ciada? Assad is a dictator, but its one they know, rather then become another Libya or Iraq with no food, no jobs, no money, no nothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Using the old 'hoodie on a child' method, that was developed in the TM-GZ operation, to create emotion.

Wonder who is making money with this one.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

Can I ask what exactly do you mean by that..?

To answer your question. There’s been a lot of ‘talk’ surrounding who is ultimately responsible for the chemical attacks on the innocent Syrians. Finger pointing and accusations no one can verify.

To introduce that subject of USA’s involvement in the poisoning of those innocents is ‘off topic’ (if not out and out bs) and I don’t want to be responsible for derailing your thread. Especially about something I know so very little about.

peace

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Your welcome, don't be afraid to challenge morals, truth is truth and right is right. Killing is murder no matter who is doing it, its wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hey Fluffy, you might want to see this thread and the message the Syrian Electronic arm sent to marines. They are trying to appeal to them on an equal level. I hope some marines get to see this. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
One thing to keep in mind is that the more the internet is used to link people together, the more governments realize the need to use it as a vehicle for their propaganda.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am sure many Syrians have experienced the definition of sufferings. Not just the Syrian mother. The USA might not be directly involved. But Obomber seems to have set his sights on 'helping' Syria.

The USA does not get blamed for everything. It gets blamed for the things it has done... And it should be held to account. As should any country/corporation/body etc...

American taxpayers have fueled the Syrian Civil War by providing $117 million in communications and medical equipment to the opposition. We can be assured we’ve contributed more in other ways not on the books. The United States is then funding our own sworn enemies and their affiliates. These are supposed to be America’s foes. These dangerous terrorists we have sacrificed blood, treasure and liberty to defeat are now our allies by proxy.

Syrians are culturally moderate people that reject extremist ideologies. Religious fascists had no platform or power until recently. The Muslim Brotherhood were pushed out in the 80’s. Ancient Christian and Muslim sects lived, worked and loved in harmony.

The awesome power of social media provided me with an extraordinary opportunity to gain some insight. Via Facebook, Hussam Mahmoud Darwish, a 17-year-old medical student in Latakia, Syria contacted me hoping to communicate the reality of the war to a westerner.

This arrived in my inbox at 9 p.m. on Wednesday night: “Hello dear journalist! I’m a Syrian citizen. I just wanted to show you some videos about my country Syria. I’m Muslim and I’m not a terrorist. These videos are of my killed Dad. These are the Islamic terrorists we face in Syria. I don’t know why your country (USA) and president (Obama) stand with these monsters,” he wrote.

communities.washingtontimes.com...

I want to contribute on this because it seems that people forget too easily.

Date of the chemical attack:

The question is central to arguments being made this week by both proponents and opponents of a military strike to punish Syria over its alleged use of nerve gas in an Aug. 21 attack on rebel strongholds near eastern Damascus.

Source

Next quote will be from an article posted on Jul 8, 2013:

Both the Senate and House of Representatives intelligence committees have expressed reservations behind closed doors at the effort by President Barack Obama's administration to support the insurgents by sending them military hardware.

None of the military aid that the United States announced weeks ago has arrived in Syria, according to an official from an Arab country and Syrian opposition sources.

Democrats and Republicans on the committees worry that weapons could reach factions like the Nusra Front, which is one of the most effective rebel groups but has also been labeled by the United States as a front for al Qaeda in Iraq.

Source

I can look up for more if this isn't enough,I'm sure there's plenty others.

And now something odd:
I just looked for british aid to the rebels and I found this:

In a written ministerial statement, Mr Hague said: "There is evidence of attacks using chemical weapons in Syria - including sarin.

"We believe that the use of chemical weapons is sanctioned and ordered by the Assad regime.

"I explained on 10 July that we are exploring the possibility of supplying the Syrian opposition protective equipment against chemical and biological weapons use and yesterday I laid a minute before Parliament providing more detail on these plans.

Source

Does anyone know if there was any serious reason to be afraid of possible chemical attacks? If there isn't then some people shot their own feet.

EDIT: Btw,I'm not trying to start a hate-fest against the US. As far as I can see,the majority of the american people have learned something from the previous war schemes. I just find it unfair to deny some things.
edit on 2-9-2013 by Oceanborn because: To add.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

You fail to mention in your argument that the British may have exported nerve gas to SYRIA. Now why would they do that??????? www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The OP tugs at the heart...and the best reason to disregard something is when emotion influences a response.

This emotional influence was used to go into Kuwait / Iraq / Afghanistan by swaying public opinion to send military personnel into those countries.

When will people ever learn to be careful what they wish for, you just might get it.

It always occurs to people too late, like when they get a loved one back in a shiny metal box, that maybe we should mind our own business and allow things to run their course.

Killing the parents of the children, which is what it will amount to if the military strikes happen, is no more productive than killing everyone.

Mind our own business, find other ways to fix things without military intervention. If a bunch of religious zealots won't allow things to be remedied without violence, just let it be....

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

I didn't fail mentioning it because I didn't know it to begin with.

Thanks for the info but,other than that,if you're implying something then I'd appreciate is you'd just say it clearly.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Obamacraca, already did his damage on Syria and now wants to make everything disappear bombing that nation the same way that Bush did in Afghanistan and Iraq.

It will take generations for those nations to even get back to their former glory before the private military complex of profiteers decided that they wanted what their countries have because the people do not deserve it.

Still I will keep pushing the same thing over and over as long as this threads on Syria keeps coming, Remember people that it was Obama give away of tax payers money that financed the chemical attacks in Syria while funding terrorist for the last two years

It is Obamacraca the one that should be held accountable for the so call "Holocaust" in that nation just like Bush "Holocaust" in Afghanistan and Iraq, take a good look at what America has become.

The private interest corruption of the US is killing people and nobody seems to care while been brainwashed with the private military complex propaganda financed by the corporate dictatorship.

Kerry is to inundate the talk shows this week in an agenda to keep drilling that attacking Syria is a "moral obligation, good for Americas national Security, and Obamacraca credibility

The truth is that What Kerry is truly saying is The tax payers have no say so on what the corporate dictatorship in the nation does, is all to cover up the Obamacraca blunder of using tax dollars to finance terrorism and is good for the private interest profiteers

We Americas knows who the true criminals are.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Oceanborn

Its ok, I'm just filling you in. You said, "Does anyone know if there was any serious reason to be afraid of possible chemical attacks? If there isn't then some people shot their own feet."

I'm just letting you know, they have been assisted.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

This is indeed a proxy war and has been for two years plus. The parallels to the Spanish Civil War in the 30's are undeniable. It was a tune up for WW2.. this in my opinion is a tune up for a huge conflict. you have US, France, Turkey, Israel on one side with the UK willing to join if things go south. on the other side you have Russia, Iran, China to some degree. The US is more involved then we have let on. I have no doubt there is CIA and special forces on the ground right now helping Al-Qaeda groups target the Syrian regime. Do you even know what a proxy war is?

A proxy war or proxy warfare is a war that results when opposing powers use third parties as substitutes for fighting each other directly. While powers have sometimes used governments as proxies, violent non-state actors, mercenaries, or other third parties are more often employed. It is hoped that these groups can strike an opponent without leading to full-scale war. Proxy wars have also been fought alongside full-scale conflicts. It is almost impossible to have a pure proxy war, as the groups fighting for a certain nation usually have their own interests, which can diverge from those of their patron.

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

If you check the list of proxy wars under Middle East you will see Syrian Civil War.

From the Guardian today .

The reason a missile attack on Syria is proving so unpopular on both sides of the Atlantic has nothing to do with neoimperial hubris. The reason is that it is a bad idea. "Punishing" a dictator for killing his own people by simply killing more of his own people seems beyond cruel. It seems stupid. It leads nowhere.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 2-9-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Fair enough then.
To be honest I'm not sure what to think about this but I've stopped following things closely anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold

The reason a missile attack on Syria is proving so unpopular on both sides of the Atlantic has nothing to do with neoimperial hubris. The reason is that it is a bad idea. "Punishing" a dictator for killing his own people by simply killing more of his own people seems beyond cruel. It seems stupid. It leads nowhere.

And that nail it to the spot, we all know how this civil war was funded and financed, now we should kill more people to make a point.

Obamacraca is no going to look very hot after and attack that will show pictures of more women and children death and scattered all over in pieces.

I guess the war machine have not learned anything since Iraq war, and why not, after all they careless about people, because people is the last thing in their corrupted minds.

edit on 2-9-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
One thing that needs to be made clear is 70% of Syrians are loyal to Assad according to a NATO report in June.

70% Support Assad
20% Hold a neutral position.
10% Support the rebels.

Can Cameron or Obama say the same, but yet want to wage war on Assad for being a dictator, now that's called ironic.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Of course her 'letter' will be moving ... lots of chatter and talk about suffering children ... but she got a few facts wrong. It's not a proxy war for America. (folks over there will blame everything on the USA) It's a proxy war by SAUDI ARABIA and QATAR and IRAN and SYRIA (with RUSSIA backing them). The USA isn't involved. It's all about MUSLIM oil/gas pipelines and about MUSLIMs fighting other MUSLIMS because they aren't MUSLIM enough.

ATS Thread - Syria - It's about Oil/Gas Pipelines and Religion

So while I understand that she's on the ground there and understands some things about suffering better than others .. she's missing the fact that it's not the USA (who gets blamed for everything) but instead it's the Muslim countries who are at fault with what is going on over there at this time.

edit on 9/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

It totally is about america. The USA does whatever the Saudis want. For cheap oil. Thats the deal. The Saudis have offered Russia cheap oil to let Assad fall. The russians have balls though. They will not accept it, they also have enough resources. The USA is the Saudis army. Look who the Saudis are against...Libya, iraq, iran, syria. afghanistan...You are correct in one respect..it is a muslim war but Obama is a tool in this war and so are the American people. I wouldn't be suprised if Obama was a muslim himself. It does seem that way.

After Iraq and Afghanistan....it is TOTALLY Americas war!! It shouldn't be but the USA just likes to get involved in everyone elses business as usual. They are TOTALLY implicated.
edit on 2-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

Im shocked anyone would say otherwise.
edit on 2-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join