It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Message to America From a Syrian Mother

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Hi there peeps..

It seems to me that many of us on the internet are quite content to give our views, opinions and interpretations of what is happening in Syria. However it is difficult to tell what the real truth is.. We do not live there. We are not immediately or directly affected by this. We are not living day to day in fear of our lives. We are comfortably sat behind our screens watching the massacre unfold. But they are not. Men, women and children are dead, in pain and suffering. Many are missing and many have been displaced. And many more innocent people will die if the US decides to put its boots on and stomp on their homeland...

So maybe we should see what the Syrian people have to say. Or at least what one Syrian mother has to say...

What is lost in the discussion of the holocaust that is unfolding in Syria, is the suffering of the innocent Syrian people. Even with the conflict is just getting warmed up, an estimated 100,000 Syrians have been brutally murdered. These events are buried as a whisper in the mainstream media regarding this human tragedy.

Don’t make the mistake of looking for government to either care about or try to minimize the loss of life. Expression of humanity starts with you and me. There is no humanity in government and there never will be.

We listened to president Obama tell the nation that he was going to approach Congress about attacking Syria. However, at the end of the day, Obama will still attack Syria because he, as I have pointed out, is being blackmailed by the bankers who are holding six Watergate-type events over his presidency (e.g. Benghazi) and he is compelled to save the Petrodollar by eradicating Syria and Iran.

I am Syrian and a mother. since about 2 years, this proxy war installed by the USA and her western, Turkish and Arab lackeys, is devastating my homeland and killing my people. I have lost several friends. Your mercenaries shot at me and I got wounded.

Some days ago, my daughter, aged 15, said, it was better we’d die now rather than suffering the rest of our lifetime as she expects this war won’t end. What shall I say to her, at the eve of a huge war to come? That life can be nice, in case the greedy US-Imperialism would allow you to live?

This woman also chastised my lack of overt support for Assad given the complexities of the situation.

And, please, Sir! do not name Assad that negatively, recognizing that even your CIA had to admit (and reported it) that he has the utter loyalty of about 70 percent of the Syrian people – how much support can Obama gain in the USA? So are we Syrians dumb to follow a ‘dictator’? No – we are united with our families, friends, our sons and husbands serving in our army to DEFEND our homeland. Every US-American would do the same if the USA was attacked. And we stand with our president as we realized he does his duty to defend his people. You do not need to be a fan of someone in order to be fair.

Please do read the full article..
www.activistpost.com...

The Syrian children have experienced first hand a lot of pain during the past 30 months, more than what you can imagine.

They have seen people getting killed, they have witnessed their loved ones die in front of their eyes, they have seen blood and atrocities they would never think of.

Some of them suffered injuries due to the indiscriminate shelling of the regime, others live in refugee camps, or they are under the threat of destroying their houses over their heads by a criminal shell.

The Syrian children deserve to live a decent life, just like any other kids in this small world.

At one of the refugee camps, children were asked to draw something to express themselves.

This boy drew the picture that was engraved in his mind when he and his family ran away from the shelling of the criminal forces of Assad.

When they asked him what does his drawing mean, he cried. He tried to draw how his family was killed altogether.

Families in al-Ghouta are desperately searching for their loved ones. How painful can it be to look at the dead faces one by one knowing they have families that are looking for them too. How painful can it be to look at all the beautiful faces dreading to see if it is your child, or father, or mother, sister or brother, grandfather or uncle, grandmother or aunt, a cousin or a friend??

Roughly 2 years and 4 months since the start of the revolution:

120.000 people (including 8500 children and 6500 women).
200.000 missing or detained.
6.5 million people displaced inside Syria.
3.5 million living in other countries.

We are still counting, and the world is still watching...

We need to do more than just sit on our backsides and share information. What is happening is wrong and completely unjust. Remember what Aaron Russo said.. Tell your government you are MAD AS HELL..!!!

Myself and friends have decided to stage a protest at our local MP's office. We live on a tiny island off the West Coast of Scotland. But we want our government to listen. We want our voices heard. But more importantly, PEOPLE OF AMERICA now is the time to tell your blood thirsty leader that this is WRONG and you are all MAD AS HELL..!!! It is YOUR country that is wanting to start another war and massacre many more of your innocent brothers and sisters. We are all one and the same. We all have 5.5litres of blood. And we all bleed the same colour.

Tell ##Obama## Tell the world. If we all do this TOGETHER then we could make a change. We are much stronger in numbers.

It might be easy to break one pencil. But try breaking seven together...

I don't want another war. But this seems like Iraq all over again. How many times is this going to happen before it comes knocking on our door. Karma has a funny way of showing its face sometimes...

Peace

Fluff

P.S. Remember..

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
edit on Mon Sep 2 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Of course her 'letter' will be moving ... lots of chatter and talk about suffering children ... but she got a few facts wrong. It's not a proxy war for America. (folks over there will blame everything on the USA) It's a proxy war by SAUDI ARABIA and QATAR and IRAN and SYRIA (with RUSSIA backing them). The USA isn't involved. It's all about MUSLIM oil/gas pipelines and about MUSLIMs fighting other MUSLIMS because they aren't MUSLIM enough.

ATS Thread - Syria - It's about Oil/Gas Pipelines and Religion

So while I understand that she's on the ground there and understands some things about suffering better than others .. she's missing the fact that it's not the USA (who gets blamed for everything) but instead it's the Muslim countries who are at fault with what is going on over there at this time.

edit on 9/2/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Great presentation. Tugs at the heart. Gets the attention. S&F

Now that's over - it’s my turn to ask a questions.

What are you going to tell the mother who’s lost a child, a child who’s lost a parent, a loved one who’s lost their love when death visits their doorstep - in America?

What are you going to tell them? The loss of their loved one was to keep America free?

To keep American’s - safe?

That somehow it makes sense to attack a country for killing their own people, by killing their people?

How are you going to justify the loss of life to Americans - for fighting a war that is not theirs to fight?

Take a look at this picture and justify that!

I’m not attacking you - I’m asking for you now to be just as attentive to the other side of the story. The side of the story that will - again - inflict pain, suffering, heartache - and death to the best of the American youth and their families. To leave more veterans hurt, crippled inside and out who return to shame, pain, denial of benefits. No life. No future.

The tragedy just keeps compounding dosn't it... Doesn't it!

Look - If I could wave a magic wand and take away the suffering in Syria - I would - but not at the cost of shedding more American blood.

At some point the world is going to have to stop relying on America to act as the international police.

Right now - it's a damn good time to start.

peace

edit on 2-9-2013 by silo13 because: bold

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
From the article:

I want all of you to pause for a moment and consider that if this woman was writing to us from Kansas City, would we feel her pain more intensely than we do for a Syrian woman writing to me on behalf of her family and fellow citizens who speak a different language and live thousands of miles away in a foreign culture?
This Syrian mother went on to say…

Also from the article:

Regards from a Syrian female, mother, patriot (temporarily staying in Europe)

The propaganda is flying from both sides, try not to bite..

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
My views on the Middle east and including Syria are simple. The UN declare Middle East a demilitarised zone. All guns, firearms, bombs missles etc removed.

The measure, is swap food for guns, hand up guns for foods
Second cut off sending all technology to Middle east, unless it represents housing, or sanitation.
Use force to seize guns weapons where it must be used

The above can only work if all countries (Russia, China, Pak, US ) collaborate.
No more play favourates and play one against other. Israel , Pali
No more use of Middle east oil. leave it in ground, and can only be extracted by middle eastern countries for their own use.
Shut down IRAN nuclear program.
If they want reactor US can provide them one for non military purposes.

edit on 2-9-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am sure many Syrians have experienced the definition of sufferings. Not just the Syrian mother. The USA might not be directly involved. But Obomber seems to have set his sights on 'helping' Syria.

The USA does not get blamed for everything. It gets blamed for the things it has done... And it should be held to account. As should any country/corporation/body etc...

American taxpayers have fueled the Syrian Civil War by providing $117 million in communications and medical equipment to the opposition. We can be assured we’ve contributed more in other ways not on the books. The United States is then funding our own sworn enemies and their affiliates. These are supposed to be America’s foes. These dangerous terrorists we have sacrificed blood, treasure and liberty to defeat are now our allies by proxy.

Syrians are culturally moderate people that reject extremist ideologies. Religious fascists had no platform or power until recently. The Muslim Brotherhood were pushed out in the 80’s. Ancient Christian and Muslim sects lived, worked and loved in harmony.

The awesome power of social media provided me with an extraordinary opportunity to gain some insight. Via Facebook, Hussam Mahmoud Darwish, a 17-year-old medical student in Latakia, Syria contacted me hoping to communicate the reality of the war to a westerner.

This arrived in my inbox at 9 p.m. on Wednesday night: “Hello dear journalist! I’m a Syrian citizen. I just wanted to show you some videos about my country Syria. I’m Muslim and I’m not a terrorist. These videos are of my killed Dad. These are the Islamic terrorists we face in Syria. I don’t know why your country (USA) and president (Obama) stand with these monsters,” he wrote.

communities.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by fluff007
The USA does not get blamed for everything. It gets blamed for the things it has done...

Um .. no. Her 'message' was full of the usual anti-America, blame America for everything, rhetoric. She blames her suffering on the USA and not on the actual players (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Iran, Lebanon, and the Muslim religious leadership who have got the fanatics all worked up .... Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah). Her situation isn't the fault of America. We are not in a proxy war there. The MUSLIMS are all fighting against each other over religion and oil pipelines. We didn't cause her suffering. Her Muslim brethren did.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
What are you going to tell the mother who’s lost a child, a child who’s lost a parent, a loved one who’s lost their love when death visits their doorstep - in America?

What are you going to tell them? The loss of their loved one was to keep America free?

To keep American’s - safe?

edit on 2-9-2013 by silo13 because: bold

I think though that's the ops point, both lives will be lost, that Syrian lives are just as valuable as American, EQUAL and can't you for one minute imagine you were in their shoes as well?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yes I feel for all lives lost. On every side. However the people who gave their lives in military service made a choice. The citizens of Syria have no choice. They are caught in the middle... People do have a choice. If they do not think that their cause is worth fighting for then don't fight...

I do not want anyone to suffer or die in an atrocious manner such as this. Whether they be American, Syrian, British, Egyptian, French, Russian or even Pleidian..!!! It is wrong and unjust that on all sides innocent lives are lost and that is why it needs to stop..!

I think it would be different if this was say New York being attacked. The bloody world would know about it then.

I am confused when you say this is to keep America free..??? What has killing people 6000 miles away got to do with keeping America free..?

Maybe I am not understanding.. Would you mind clarifying for me..

Also I have been seeing many of these lately...

Even your own service men and women are saying: "Wake Up America". It is there in black and white...
edit on 2-9-2013 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Thank You..!!!!

I have noticed a trend. Whenever a thread is put up about atrocities happening throughout the world. Many Americans enter the thread saying what about all our lost lives. That is just as bad or worse.

No its the same...!! Every life is equal to the next..

We have become so inamicably separated from our fellow brothers and sisters. That many throughout the world hold one life in higher value than another..

And personally that does not compute with me.. And I do not understand it.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Your honestly in denial about America's influences in the region. For how long have special forces been training Syrian forces for war? www.dailymail.co.uk... cells-nation-wreak-terrible-revenge.html

And you can bet they have a stake in the pipeline that would go through Syria if the Assad regime is overthrown.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

me either and to be honest, the desensitivity going on is unbelievable. I read your post, and I had a cry. What has this world become concerning itself with who did what when everyone is hurt in the end? I don't understand it either but your post is excellent and your not alone.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
We've all comparitively recently experienced overt violent destructive terrorism, the kind we see the results of daily in the news reports. Many from western cultures have also experienced it in this form with the most obvious example being the events of 11/9/01 in the US but few ever consider that it just might be the backlash against the economic and political terrorism that has been inflicted on nations for a century or more by the western economies for the sole purpose of furthering their own interests. It's what I call 'passive terrorism' and it's claimed more victims than any declared shooting war.

We, who consider ourselves an 'advanced society', need to stop exploiting other nations in order to increase our profits.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Phew. Thanks very much.. I am glad I am not alone. I always have a difficulty sometimes of getting what I want to say into the right words and sometimes peeps do not get it. But you seem to get my jist..

It is pure madness. People have become so desensitized to everything. Especially to their fellow brothers and sisters. Yes I weep for the Syrians. But I also weep for the American service men and women who naively gave their lives in fighting an unjust war.

I know. None of it matters in the big scheme of things. But people become so defensive and outraged if you dare question the morals of a country...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think it's important to not designate either Assad nor the FSA as hero's. There will be truth on both sides, lies on both sides and horrible atrocities on both sides. It's easy enough to create enemies with just words, look at the west and how divided each of our nations are amongst their peoples. So imagine how easy it is to create enemies with bombs and chemical weapons, if you bomb my neighborhood of course I will hate you and will tend to believe every thing said about you.

If you ask a pro-Assad Syrian who used chemical weapons they will say the FSA did it, because they've already seen the FSA do the unspeakable, already had to bury their children. If you ask a pro-rebel Syrian they will say Assad did it because they've already seen the military do the unspeakable, already had to bury their children.

Propaganda exists on both sides. All the more reason for us to stay out of it.

link   

I think though that's the ops point, both lives will be lost, that Syrian lives are just as valuable as American, EQUAL and can't you for one minute imagine you were in their shoes as well?

Yes - I can - but guess what my empathy changes NOTHING.
And that equality you're speaking of? When other countries go to fight for America - like America fights for them - maybe we'll start a conversation about equality. Until then it's all rhetoric.

Again - I'm not attacking you. I wish I could end the war - all of it. But honestly? Until the USA STOPS playing at international police this kind of bs is going to continue. That is if the USA isn't behind the whole thing in the first place - but I don't know - I don't pretend to - and all in all it's for another thread.

peace

link   
Very sad. -
Unfortunately, it's difficult to bring peace to a place that refuses to resolve it's own internal conflicts in a civil manner.

- But, what can you do?
*sigh*

If nobody did anything about it all, it wouldn't stop the innocent from being blown up or shot dead in the street. - The U.S. would arrive and simply shut s*** down. Regardless of anything else.

It's a shame for those who just want to live an honest life. Especially for the children - completely indifferent to it all, until their hatred manifests into a warped belief system, eventually leading them to join the chaos.

You see? - It's like, when I hear people talking about the 'prison' that is the United States... it's as if they are completely clueless as to what happens in other places. I guarantee that most of those who are caught in these war stricken battleground countries would do anything to live in the United States 'Police State'; to wake up each day and not have to worry about bombs going off or automatic gunfire exchanged right outside their front door.

Note:
don't take anything for granted

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

and all in all it's for another thread.

Can I ask what exactly do you mean by that..?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I am confused when you say this is to keep America free..??? What has killing people 6000 miles away got to do with keeping America free..?

That’s my point. It has nothing to do with keeping America free.

The rhetoric of war seems to be (to me) the USA has to jump into every conflict because if they don’t - the next stop is the USA! I’ve heard it ad nauseam - and it’s nothing but BS in my opinion.

Now if let’s say there were attacks directly on the USA, boots on the shore? Fight away! But to send troops off to fight the boogeyman in someone else's closet just in case you’re house is the next one on the block is insane. Especially when innocents are going to die trying to get to the boogeyman.

Thanks for understanding I’m not trying to attack your opinion - just voicing my own.

peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join