It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombshell: Kerry Caught Using Fake Photos to Fuel Syrian War

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by superluminal11
John Kerry's reptilian clone at the hearing today has stuck his tongue out 472 times in 60 mins. That's almost 3 times the record of any snake species.

Oh my, reptilian talk, the prescription this thread deserves.

Did someone actually count how many times his tongue exited his mouth?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Secretary of State John Kerry opened his speech Friday by describing the horrors victims of the chemical weapon attack suffered, including twitching, spasms and difficulty breathing.

Attempting to drive the point home, Kerry referenced a photograph used by the BBC illustrating a child jumping over hundreds of dead bodies covered in white shrouds. The photo was meant to depict victims who allegedly succumbed to the effects of chemical weapons via Assad’s regime.

If US politicians and soon to follow celebs start with such a slander campaign against Syria we can assume there is a strong will to start a war.

Just the other day I watched a docu about how the US got involved with the Great War (the first WW). Close to the entire US population was against going to war in Europe but at a certain stage the White House needed to go to war. What folowed next was practically simular as what is happening now with Syria. Lies about the cruelty of german soldiers...at the time the media told the US citizens that germans were raping nuns and killing babbies...and so on.

Remember the lies spread before the war with Iraq...the babbies in hospitals taken out of their incubators to die on the cold hospital floor? I really hope the US poplulation will not fall for these lies again and drag the nation into another war with Syria this time. Maybe the White House is stupid enough to think that another war is good for the economy....and the banks.

edit on 3/9/2013 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zarniwoop
reply to post by smurfy

However he has used that picture in the past, no matter what.

That blog you posted from the photographer implicates the BBC, not Kerry. I'm pretty sure he never referenced that particular photo. As much as I'd like to, I can't find any evidence of such.

To be frank, neither can I as much as I'd like to, I'm near sure that the picture was online in the state department and I know Kerry was in the forefront of foreign affairs before the current admin job, and also despite what the BBC said, I'm near sure that the picture was in their archives somewhere. So all I can say is to keep trying, and don't get me wrong, this is not an Obama bashing thing, it's about us sitting relatively comfortable having to listen to stuff that is equally applicable to all in our fecked-up governmental system that insists that they would only do the right thing for us, when the truth is it is the right thing for them, and that goes across all parties.
More than that, it is the flow of hypocrisy about chemical weapons as if the fecking things were a no no, when clearly they are not, and the trick is the ability to use them without our finger being on the trigger. Rumsfeld might know all about that in Iraq.
How did this Syria war start? Graffiti artists writing anti-government slogans and getting arrested for doing so in what was a basically military state, or if you like a suspended democratic state...the same as Egypt is now BTW.
And who now controls Libya, militias? Yup, so not much change there. So much for the Arab spring.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

So all I can say is to keep trying

Nah... I would, but It's not out there. If it were, Infowhores wouldn't have to lie about it.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

The problem is there is no image of Kerry pointing to the BBC photograph. There is no evidence that the 2003 photo is the one that Kerry was speaking about. Zero. Zip. Nada. I looked. Find me a video or photo of Kerry pointing that THAT 2003 image and we have a story.

"Rows of children lying side by side on a hospital floor..." That photo is not in a hospital.

Funny how nobody (edit: except for a few sharp ATS posters) bothered to research this, but just assumed the crap mailed around the internet was accurate.

edit on 3-9-2013 by gariac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

Funny how nobody bothered to research this, but just assumed the crap mailed around the internet was accurate.

It's my belief that it was researched (It's not that difficult to do) and that research data was summarily dismissed in order to further an agenda.

One side perceives disinfo and fights back with more disinfo.

I suppose that's the way of the world, but it sucks.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by gariac

Funny how nobody bothered to research this, but just assumed the crap mailed around the internet was accurate.

It's my belief that it was researched (It's not that difficult to do) and that research data was summarily dismissed in order to further an agenda.

Researched how? Either he is pointing to that photograph or he isn't. This is a binary question. The photo exists or it doesn't. Further, he talks about a number of different sites where photographs were taken.

The story as posted from Alex Jones and similar ilk is pure propaganda until they cough up the proof.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Good post. It shows how some people only see what they want to see. Infowars assumed and got it badly wrong based solely on the BBC goof.

edit on 3/9/2013 by tommyjo because: spelling

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by Indigo5

Good post. It shows how some people only see what they want to see. Infowars assumed and got it badly wrong based solely on the BBC goof.

To which the BBC admitted!

The irony is John Kerry was the victim of a doctored up photograph when he was running for POTUS.
Faked photo of Kerry and Jane Fonda

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by smurfy

He probably was referencing that picture, since he had already used that picture last year

John Kerry didn't become Secretary of State till Feb 01 2013.

Go tell some more fibs they are really funny.

I don't know what difference that makes, in his last job as chairman of congress foreign affairs he would have been at least as fully briefed as you and I
, except that in this case congress has now got stuff you and I will not see. I freely admit I cannot now find where Kerry last used that picture. That could be an issue, so where do you want to go?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by the2ofusr1

All good, but I stopped accepting anything for Natural News after their blatant and intentional Boston bombing hoax.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

reply to post by gariac

Certain amount of truth there, like this STRATFOR intercept from Wikileaks, around 2009/2010, (asterisks and assciated comments are mine)

"Syria offering intel cooperation on AQ, Iran, HZ
Syria facilitating March 14 win in Lebanon
Saudi* pouring money into Syrian coffers
US** and Saudi rewarding Syria with diplomatic recognition (notice how quiet everyone is about Lebanon)
Signs that Syria is moving forward -- big Syrian military/intel reshuffles; Iran threatening to destabilize the Syrian regime; HZ anxiety
this is all covered in our analysis"

**That would include John Kerry, amongst a heap of other American diplomats meeting his "Dear friend" President Assad.
*Hmm, the Saudis also now pay the Chechen mercenaries, (AQ?) who fight with the rebels.

2010, a Syrian e-mail intercept, possibly STRATFOR, but online from Wikileaks,

1‐ Since January 2009, there have been multiple visits to Syria by US officials, including:
‐ Administration officials, namely Under Secretary of State William Burns, Special Envoy Senator George Mitchell, Assistant Secretary of State Jeffrey Feltman, White House‐NSC Senior Director Dan Shapiro, and Counterterrorism Coordinator Daniel Benjamin, among others.
‐ Members of Congress, such as Senators Judd Gregg, John Kerry, Ted Kaufman and Benjamin Cardin; and Representatives Adam Smith, Tim Walz , Alcee Hastings, Stephen Lynch, Howard Berman, at the head of several congressional delegations.

‐ High‐Ranking military officers from US Central Command.

2‐ US Officials have repeatedly emphasized the importance of improved US relations with Syria, the positive role Syria can play in the region, and the need for Syria to join peace efforts.
3‐ On July 28, 2009, the US administration initiated steps to ease American sanctions against Syria, starting with allowing the export of material related to information technology, telecommunication equipment and civil aviation.

4‐ The US lifted an advisory that warned American travelers about security concerns in Syria.

5‐ The US is getting ready to send back its ambassador to Damascus.

6‐ Deputy Foreign Minister Faysal Al‐Miqdad was invited to Washington in October 2009 for high‐level talks with US officials.

7‐ Syrian Ambassador to Washington Imad Mustafa has been having regular meetings at the White House, the State Department and Congress with various US officials, after 5 years of boycott.

edit on 3-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by Indigo5

To which the BBC admitted!

The irony is John Kerry was the victim of a doctored up photograph when he was running for POTUS.
Faked photo of Kerry and Jane Fonda

I agree.

From the Kerry transcript

We saw rows of dead lined up in burial shrouds, the white linen unstained by a single drop of blood. Instead of being tucked safely in their beds at home, we saw rows of children lying side by side sprawled on a hospital floor, all of them dead from Assad’s gas and surrounded by parents and grandparents who had suffered the same fate.

www.state.gov...

SEN. DURBIN: Fair enough.

General Dempsey, we saw these photographs earlier -- these heartbreaking photographs. Page three of The Washington Post this morning, an ad by a group supporting the president's effort has a photograph that's riveted in my mind, as a father and grandfather, of the children on the floor in shrouds, victims of this chemical agent gas attack.

Link

As already pointed out in previous posts there is absolutley nothing to link the BBC image to what Kerry was describing. There are several images taken in the aftermath of the chemical attack that fit what Kerry described.

SENATOR RICHARD DURBIN (D-IL) viewed the images so there is a contact to ask. Possibly the image is on page three of the Washington Post as described?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsmethegoat
Wasn't this exact same photo used to support another toppling of a different regime, earlier this year or maybe last year? Pretty sure the thread was on here somewhere..so I don't know how credible this story is, but I've definitely seen the same thing in a different thread from awhile ago.

ETA: www.abovetopsecret.com... ..was Syria also I suppose.
edit on 2-9-2013 by itsmethegoat because: (no reason given)

Hi there!

I don'T know if anybody but me uses TinEye for researching images but this particular one is going back to 2008. Try the link below to see all instances of this picture on the web

Reverse picture search engine

I love this website and i think it's pretty useful

Peace out.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bigwig22

There is a Firefox tineye plugin. I use it all the time. It doesn't find all instances of photos though. It can only find photos that can be "crawled." If the photos are hidden in a flash slide show for instance, they will not be found.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by raymundoko

I wasn't aware of that ...I haven't been on the boards for awhile and what with the crazy stuff in the middle east taking up too much of my time I miss other things ....do you have a link to the data? ..tks

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I freely admit I cannot now find where Kerry last used that picture. That could be an issue, so where do you want to go?

Where ever the FACTS lead...regardless of opinions or views. The ATS Motto is DENY IGNORANCE.

A thief is not a child molester and if you claim falsely, with false evidence that he is, then you become much less credible when you make the accurate accusation of theft.

President Obama can be a bad President for a hundred reasons...but that doesn't mean he was born in Kenya.

Otherwise, you are entitled to make a case against intervention in Syria. There are in fact several valid and good arguments to be made for not intervening...but when folks champion and defend lies to support their opinions, they offend people who care about facts, discredit those with similar opinions to themselves and erode otherwise valid arguments.

DENY IGNORANCE FIRST AND ALWAYS...and that doesn't mean abandoning your opinions...it just means building a factual and stronger case for your opinion...and every once in while, actually changing your opinion when the facts and truth fail to lend your view enough weight to remain comfortable in that view.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Just a general comment about Stratfor: they are a bunch of idiots. Why anyone would pay those clowns for information is beyond me given their crappy track record. Take the death of Hugo Chavez for example. Stratfor predicted it was imminent for years. All you need to do is bribe someone at the hospital to get the data, which I guess Stratfor didn't do, so I assume they make crap up. Stratfor was publicly calling for the death of Chavez in June 2011. I have no idea how long they were calling for it privately, but apparently it was a running joke with the spook crowd. Chavez died in March 2013. Clearly Stratfor doesn't provide actionable intelligence, but rather amusing literature.

The wikileak publishing of Stratfor was not to dump intelligence. Rather it was to show just the lack of good intelligence from Stratfor. Now I suppose you could claim they are a source of analysis, but you could get that from Foreign Policy.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

I freely admit I cannot now find where Kerry last used that picture. That could be an issue, so where do you want to go?

Where ever the FACTS lead...regardless of opinions or views. The ATS Motto is DENY IGNORANCE.

A thief is not a child molester and if you claim falsely, with false evidence that he is, then you become much less credible when you make the accurate accusation of theft.

President Obama can be a bad President for a hundred reasons...but that doesn't mean he was born in Kenya.

Otherwise, you are entitled to make a case against intervention in Syria. There are in fact several valid and good arguments to be made for not intervening...but when folks champion and defend lies to support their opinions, they offend people who care about facts, discredit those with similar opinions to themselves and erode otherwise valid arguments.

DENY IGNORANCE FIRST AND ALWAYS...and that doesn't mean abandoning your opinions...it just means building a factual and stronger case for your opinion...and every once in while, actually changing your opinion when the facts and truth fail to lend your view enough weight to remain comfortable in that view.

What 'facts' do you want? What is fact? You could have at least read my first and second posts at this thread, and where I was critical of infowars. However I am happy enough to know that John Kerry is fully aware of that picture, I am happy enough to know that John Kerry is completely aware of the Vietnam war and being anti-war, and where the US used chemical weapons, and I am happy enough to know that John Kerry is completely aware that the US gave the use or ability of chemical weapons to Iraq, courtesy of Donald Rumsfeld. Did Kerry ever say that? No he fecking didn't but he knew. This is also the man that said if you in the US didn't get a good enough education you ended up in Iraq,... out of context quote? my arse! So you have Vietnam, Iraq, and now Syria where chemical weapons have been used. In the case of Vietnam deifinitely by the US, Iraq, fostered by the US. Syria, very suspect. Where do you want to go? McCain posing with terrorists in Syria, Kerry and his dear friend, Assad? Putin who will be doing the Blackwater after the mess? After all, this is a bunch of goodfellas we are talking about isn't it.
edit on 4-9-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

In strict NBC (nuclear biological chemical) definition, defoliants are under schedule two, and are not considered WMDs.

Chemical Weapons

On the other hand, napalm and whiskey pete are another story.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join