It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can We Have a ATS Vote on Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Just a quick thought I have had but i think it is a really good idea that there seem to be lots of people on ATS with different idea's about Syria.

I remember a while ago Skeptic and Co introduced the new ATS pole/survey function that has never really been used to my knowledge in the last year.

So with Congress about to vote on military action against Syria, I think it would be really interesting to have a ATS vote on Syria.

I dont have a full list of questions but I suppose we could have the obvious ones like

Do you support American/NATO military action in Syria?
Do you believe Assad has carried out Chemical attacks?
What type of intervention, if any would you support?

And so on,

anyone else think this would be a good idea.

I know that the mod's are busy just now with the new version of ATS so if its not possible I totally understand

I am just floating the idea.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm honestly tired of the subject and there being a new thread about it every hour. I wish we could have a single thread for things like this so it all stays in one place and doesn't overrun the board.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Do you support American/NATO military action in Syria? No, absolutely not.

Do you believe Assad has carried out Chemical attacks? Whether he has or not, bombing them is the wrong approach, too many repercussions, both militarily and financially.

What type of intervention, if any would you support? Someone pulling of a successful Guy Fawkes on both the White house and the houses of parliament.

edit on 2/9/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yes, Assad has shown that he is not afraid to use chemical weapons on innocent civilians. His actions resulted in the worst Chemical weapon attack in the 21st century. This should not be tolerated. 1,430 killed.

Yes

I would support a bombing campaign aimed at destroying every chemical weapons stockpiles and launchers

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Military action, no, I did at first, my mind has changed due to how quickly this could turn into something MUCH bigger than a simple strike on Syria.

Yes, I do.

A UN condemnation,release of all information of the attack to leave no doubts, and as many sanctions as could be placed. Pressure on Russia to also condemn the attack and to have The UN pressure RUssia put pressure on Syria. Peace talks, with Russia,China & Syria and the Syrian rebels.

ANYTHING other than a military intervention by US forces in any way shape or form.

edit on 2-9-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have a few more Questions....to those.

Isn't China Russia and Iran just as guilty in the Deaths of Innocent Syrians?

When will we we hold ALL parties involved to the same scrutiny we hold America to?

If America, Russia, China, and Iran were not involved in Syria's civil war, would there be a War?

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
As long as it contains the following question:

Do you think the controversy surrounding Syria is a cover for the zombie epidemic?

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

-NO.

Do you believe Assad has carried out Chemical attacks?[/b]

-NO. I think a Saudi fraction of the rebles staged the Chemical attack, With the support of their Sudie Arabian employer.

-No intervention. I think they should be allowed to fight their own Battles without outside interferance.

PS. There would never have been used a Chemical weapons if Obama hadn't mentioned the Red Line for use of Chemical weapons..
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join