It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising the Bar - The natural equilibrium

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A while, ago, I did post something rather bizarre, and I do admit that sometimes my posts are considered just plain disturbing, however, im not pretending to be sane...

Anyway, this thread will elaborate much further.

From the study of economics, we know that there is Supply and Demand - when there is plentiful supply, acquisition of resources is more than adequate, there is less conflict, less fear, greater comfort, and in general, life is enjoyable.

A long time ago, life was absolutley teeming on this planet, and those that lived there experienced a great deal of contentment, however, we need food and resources to live - and, of recent, we can see a depleation in natural resources, and a lack of space.

When we are confined, and when we are deprived, we are generally much more aggressive, and there is much greater conflict.

I want you to look at now, balance, and that, for you to be balanced in nature's books you must be "at the top of your game" - intelligent, ruthless, enterprising, and fierce - to survive.

Neccessary as it is, another problem appears, and that is, as suffering increaces, and as the dilligent work, many fall prey, and yes, it is tragic.

If we see life as an equilibrium, sometimes, life itself takes a "turn" and that raw energy becomes concentrated, resulting in a kind of "tension", a kind of "foreboding" or even a kind of "evil"..

At the moment, when there is a state of "growth" in the ecosystem, we are having children, we are living well - when this universal state of growth turns, and surprisingly, this happens very quickly, there is a change in mindset, and we become increacingly cruel, destructive, and suicidal.

I see this balance as a "tether" and when the balance of life "shifts" or "turns" - mother nature will respond aggressivley, and you had better be prepared for sudden and dramatic changes in the "collective mindset" - in otherwords, people will start to lose thier minds, and do things that they would never previously had even thought about doing.

It is very sad, however, my advice is to stay in control, and be calm - the slightest "slip" and indeed, you will "fall" and it will be very tragic, as many have, and indeed myself, have gone through - I consider myself lucky that I have learned from my mistakes, and did not end up in a mental asylum...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Whats your point? I get what your saying in a round about way. Sort of like a personal self help story? To remain calm everything comes around. It is dark, then light. Things get rough, then better.

But....I think you never really made your point yet...do you have anymore information to clarify?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by unknown known

Phenomenon such as increaces in mental disorders, depression, suicide, paranoia, increacing aggression, especially amongst children, linked to the state of the ecosystem.

The idea is that when things reach a certain threshold, even your average, everyday person will start experiencing these symptoms, and if there is anything significant, like a war or disaster, many people would probably lose thier minds, become paranoid, start hearing voices, experience hallucinations, lose their temper, lose control, and in general, start to experience symptoms that are normally associated with schizophenia.

What happened with me, is that I simply lost my temper, I just raised my voice for only about five minutes - and the next morning I woke up hearing all kinds of voices, hearing things, being uneasy, losing control of my mind, and generally being fearful and anxious - and now that I look back I can't imagine how that was even possible considering that I considered myself to be a generally "normal" person before my "incident" - it goes to show that no matter how "strong" you think you are, you can easily fall prey if you lose control and do something that you regret, or give in to fear, or become irrational.

You always hear that story - such and such was a completley normal person, something happened, and they lost it - this could start to happen to many people, creeping up on them until they "lose it" - and it could be happening or would be happening en-masse if it was not for all our modern medications, counsellors, psychiatrists, laziness, apathy, and complacency.

Just imagine - if all the "medications" that are currently being taken were not introduced, if all the televisions were to stop working, how crazy and derranged would we become - if enough people were to start hearing voices, could the "effect" spread to the rest of the population - like a global "disorder"...
edit on 2-9-2013 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

What is the phenomena called though? Is this your personal theory?

I attribute the increase of a depleted mental state of a majority of the western world populace and portions of Europe and other continents, as a result of part of what you said about the ecosystem and the quality of food. But a major contributing factor is the media and our daily interactions with what we see on television, internet, music, movies, etc. These shape the foundations for our belief system and what we put value in. It is very easy to see that most of these things teach us the exact wrong things to strive for in life, love, responsibility, good decision making. They reinforce very bad behavior...but it is very hard to unplug from these things, if not impossible for most.

Not to mention poor wages and increasing prices related to ...... EVERYTHING.

And we still want ..... EVERYTHING! money money money

Thats my rant on the situation your referring to.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

There is an economic "effect" known as "The Tragedy of The Commons" - basically, there is a pie, there is only so much, however, each person takes a small "piece" and thinks that, because his or her "piece" is so small, it would not really affect, how much is left on the "pie" - however, everyone is doing this, and generally thinks the same way, because we do not think about how many "trees are still in the forest" - and such, when we combine everyone, the "pie" will depleat itself unexpectedly, and this "complacency" or lack in "foresight" will result in economic calamity, and the insecurity that we will feel, will diminish our own sense of control, and we might turn into something that we will later regret.

This is a video and a demonstration of, when, the population are made aware of "how much is left" - in this case, the items are on sale, and everyone knows that there is only a limited amount - however, there is a limited amount of resources in our economy - we simply don't face that reality consciously.

edit on 2-9-2013 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Yeah that makes sense. When we see the reality of diminished resources, plastic dolls(I guess not really a resource) we freak out and grab it. We don't see our diminishing resource on oil, water, trees because a majority live in urban centers where these things are shipped to us.

How do you propose the average citizen takes more interest in something they can't see on a daily basis?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Live for each moment, while ignoring that with which we past time. Count your steps, and focus your wandering. Wash your sight, cry for what you see. Settle your stomach, go have tea.
edit on 2-9-2013 by ezekielken because: typo not fixed; pass past you decide

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

There is only one real way, and you have to be very religious - essentially, the idea is based upon "desire" - native peoples realised this, knowing exactly how much to eat, and knowing when they truly "own" something versus something that was given to them.

In modern terms, your income and your spending must be in-line, the ideal is what is called "zero money" and thus, you will have both a "positive" and a "negative" balance - the "money" that you have, equates to zero, and what you have to spend is calculated according to an income bracket. It is serious accounting, unfortunatley the average person cannot generally grasp this kind of mathematics.

Essentially, resources, all resources, are valued as assets, and a reduction in assets - i.e. total assets - will count as a "global expenditure" as recorded by the government.

For example, there is $100000 worth of raw wood for country A, recorded as an asset by the government. You purchace a new lounge suite made of mahogany, cost to you, $1000, and the value of the raw wood is $200 - thus, you record an asset of value $1000, however, you get a "negative" balance number of $200, however, this does not "cost" you anything - you have an asset of value $1000 as a positive balance, and a liability of value $200, the profit of $800 goes to the seller of the furniture.

When you receive a payment, all others equal, at a "rate" of 1, then when you earn $1000, you will have also a negative value in your account of $200, thus, a positive, and negative balance.

The "growth rate" is a factor and depending upon the difference between your "positive" and "negative" balance, your income will be taxed to a proportionate ratio.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor
If we see life as an equilibrium, sometimes, life itself takes a "turn" and that raw energy becomes concentrated, resulting in a kind of "tension", a kind of "foreboding" or even a kind of "evil".

Let's say a magician did real miraculous type events, and someone like Moses came along and said 'here, I am doing the same miracles but it is not magic, it is a divine right given by the Lord.' The whole time the magicians had the same energy as Moses, the same constitute of neurology, they just didn't say it.

So I am asking, what neurological, physical, and biological events take place when a person becomes enlightened? We have about 86 billion neurotransmitters, it is probably about attaining energy...

new topics

top topics

join