It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Benedict healed a young person with an aggressive form of cancer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Watch the video testimony, God healed the young man's cancer through Benedict XVI.

www.ksdk.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I didn't watch the video but I did read the article. The boy met the pope while visiting the Vatican & had a chance to chat with him. The boy tells the pope all about his cancer & after a delightful conversation the pope puts his hand on his chest and blesses him. Then a year later the boy's cancer is gone. I guess modern medicine didn't play a role in curing him huh?

How about the doctor who put his hand on the boys chest was the one who healed him?
edit on 2-9-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Great for the boy if he had cancer!!
But it because of any poop!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

All you need is faith. I don't see why you're denying the obvious with God and the Pope helping this sick young man and making him better.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Haven't you guys wondered that the pope is the Antichrist and he's worshipping Satan? Also as others have said it could also be his cancer treatment as well.

Edit: I'm glad that the boy can now get on with his life and I hope that his cancer doesn't return
edit on 2/9/2013 by Sk8ergrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
From the article:

"While doctors at Children's Hospital Colorado worked to save Peter's life".

Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is a very curable disease, regardless of the stage or whether or not the patient has been touched by the Pope/God/Fill-In-The-Blank. I think it's important to find out exactly what the doctors did to help rid the cancer before anyone can claim that divine intervention was involved. A supernatural explanation is not necessary if a natural one is sufficient, and it's not "obvious" to conclude otherwise.

People praise God when they are healed, but then what happens when there are recurrences of the cancer (which may be a small but not an insignificant percentage of cancers that go into remission)? What will the "God/Pope healed me" crowd say then?
edit on 2-9-2013 by Monsieur Neary because: added comment

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   
As a Christian I have to say this does no good at all for our reputation. The RC church goes against the Biblical teachings in SO many ways I often wonder just how many Roman Catholics have actually bothered to read the Bible. I often wonder whether the Bible is even part of the RC doctrine. They are not Christian, they are pagan,

Like others have stated, Its far more likley the treatment itself did this, not the Pope. He is just a man like the rest of us and I doubt he peforms miracles as his position is an abomination according to the Bible anyway.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
reply to post by colbe

I didn't watch the video but I did read the article. The boy met the pope while visiting the Vatican & had a chance to chat with him. The boy tells the pope all about his cancer & after a delightful conversation the pope puts his hand on his chest and blesses him. Then a year later the boy's cancer is gone. I guess modern medicine didn't play a role in curing him huh?

How about the doctor who put his hand on the boys chest was the one who healed him?
edit on 2-9-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

The parents did not say a "year later."

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971
As a Christian I have to say this does no good at all for our reputation. The RC church goes against the Biblical teachings in SO many ways I often wonder just how many Roman Catholics have actually bothered to read the Bible. I often wonder whether the Bible is even part of the RC doctrine. They are not Christian, they are pagan,

Like others have stated, Its far more likley the treatment itself did this, not the Pope. He is just a man like the rest of us and I doubt he peforms miracles as his position is an abomination according to the Bible anyway.

The "abomination of desolation" prophesied...

It will happen when the anti-Christ takes away, attempts to abolish the most Holy Eucharist. The Eucharist is confected during the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, which is offered every day, every hour all around the world.

This is the "continual sacrifice" spoken along with the "abomination of desolation" in the book of Daniel.

The Bible is a Catholic, most non-Catholic ministers recognize the fact.

God bless you,

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
The parents did not say a "year later."

The article says 'nearly a year later'. That's a long time to connect the prayer to the cure.

Originally posted by Monsieur Neary
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma is a very curable disease, regardless of the stage

The boy was in stage 4 AGGRESSIVE non-hodgkins lymphoma with a HUGE tumor in the chest. That's pretty advanced. The cure rate for that is, at BEST, 60%. Info here . At worst, it's incurable. We don't have the information to know where he falls between that 0% and 60% cure rate.

The bottom line ... this fella is in remission. He will be considered 'cured' after being cancer free for five years. We all can hope the best for him. If his family believes that the pope's blessing had a hand in the cure .. then that's fine. If it was the treatments or the pope or whatever ... the families prayers are answered
I'm very happy for them.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Watch the video testimony, God healed the young man's cancer through Benedict XVI.

www.ksdk.com...

I really dig the new pope and would love to see something like this happen to get all of the Christian pope detractors more on board with his message but, like what many have pointed out on this thread, it was a year after the fact which is plenty of time for modern medicine to have done the same thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The pope didn't cure this kid, it's wishful thinking at best.

You'll literally bite on anything having to do with the RCC, whether it's true or not. As long as it shines a good light on them, you'll latch onto it and never let go.

The RCC is the most corrupt organization on Earth, and I can't even fathom how you can just sit there and defend them over and over after all the things they've been responsible for throughout history. It's kind of sickening to be honest, and sad too.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Speaking as someone who as spent much time in and around children's cancer ward's here in the UK and as a mother of a child who is currently in remission I have to say I find the story as it as been reported hard to swallow.

Aggressive form's of lymphoma tend to be more treatable than slow growing and the long term prognosis for children is better.
The mother said he had stage 4 Non-Hodgkin lymphoma which is very curable in children and young people and I have witnessed several children myself cured of this type and stage of cancer.

That's not to say I don't believe in or haven't witnessed many miracle's...children surviving extremely rare form's of cancer given only a 5% survival rate for example....and I have my own personal stories regarding childhood cancer and believe my own prayer's were answered. But to say the pope healed this boy's cancer is extremely misleading. I have witnessed children surviving far more aggressive types of cancer without the pope's "intervention " In reality the chance's of this boy being cancer free a year on whether he had the aggressive type or indolent ( slow growing) were very good even if he had never met the pope.

But the fact that this story highlighted a childhood cancer sufferer and seem's to have a positive outcome certainly for the time being made me smile. Childhood cancer sufferers and their families go through the most harrowing of time's that most can't comprehend. I have nothing but respect for this boy and his parent's and if it give's the family comfort to believe the pope " saved " him I certainly wouldn't try to take that away from them .....but please let's not report it as fact.

I hope he never has to look back and can enjoy a full and happy life

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
Speaking as someone who as spent much time in and around children's cancer ward's here in the UK and as a mother of a child who is currently in remission I have to say I find the story as it as been reported hard to swallow.

Aggressive form's of lymphoma tend to be more treatable than slow growing and the long term prognosis for children is better.
The mother said he had stage 4 Non-Hodgkin lymphoma which is very curable in children and young people and I have witnessed several children myself cured of this type and stage of cancer.

That's not to say I don't believe in or haven't witnessed many miracle's...children surviving extremely rare form's of cancer given only a 5% survival rate for example....and I have my own personal stories regarding childhood cancer and believe my own prayer's were answered. But to say the pope healed this boy's cancer is extremely misleading. I have witnessed children surviving far more aggressive types of cancer without the pope's "intervention " In reality the chance's of this boy being cancer free a year on whether he had the aggressive type or indolent ( slow growing) were very good even if he had never met the pope.

But the fact that this story highlighted a childhood cancer sufferer and seem's to have a positive outcome certainly for the time being made me smile. Childhood cancer sufferers and their families go through the most harrowing of time's that most can't comprehend. I have nothing but respect for this boy and his parent's and if it give's the family comfort to believe the pope " saved " him I certainly wouldn't try to take that away from them .....but please let's not report it as fact.

I hope he never has to look back and can enjoy a full and happy life

Hi Logos,

The video is testimony of the parents and their account of the doctors examination AFTER their son went to see
Pope Benedict. They went to see the Holy Father for this reason. Their prayers like yours were answered.

Childhood cancer is so much harder to take. Logos, you and your child went through a lot.

Both my parents died of cancer.

love,

colbe

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The pope didn't cure this kid, it's wishful thinking at best.

You'll literally bite on anything having to do with the RCC, whether it's true or not. As long as it shines a good light on them, you'll latch onto it and never let go.

The RCC is the most corrupt organization on Earth, and I can't even fathom how you can just sit there and defend them over and over after all the things they've been responsible for throughout history. It's kind of sickening to be honest, and sad too.

Your comments are very insulting. Why does a disbeliever and mocker of Christ and His Church spend so much time in the Religion Forum?

How do you benefit?

God bless you,

colbe

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Cuervo,

You will "dig" this video of Pope Francis. Can't use Jon Stewart's line from one of Jon's Oscar hostings..."that guy is so arrogant!"

Scroll down a bit...

www.patheos.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I don't mock Jesus, just the church that came after him. The Catholic Church uses Jesus only in name, not deeds or doctrine.

To be honest, I find your posts insulting as well, calling gay people abominations and giving credit where it is not due.

I have nothing to gain, I'm just a spiritual person who likes to discuss religion and theology. Is there a problem with that?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If his family believes that the pope's blessing had a hand in the cure .. then that's fine.

Sorry, Flyer, this is SOO not fine. The religious that know of this family will think, "Hey, if my child gets cancer I'll take him to the pope instead of a doctor." There's already a religion out there where parents have left their dying children in the care of a god instead of a doctor, and those babies die. Not fine. Not fine at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by FlyersFan

If his family believes that the pope's blessing had a hand in the cure .. then that's fine.

Sorry, Flyer, this is SOO not fine. The religious that know of this family will think, "Hey, if my child gets cancer I'll take him to the pope instead of a doctor." There's already a religion out there where parents have left their dying children in the care of a god instead of a doctor, and those babies die. Not fine. Not fine at all.

The family did both. They went to the doctor AND they went to their church.
The full example is both. It's pretty balanced as I can see.
Modern medicine AND the psychological comfort of the church.
I can see your point. But I'm okay with it. I think it's fine. Their example is to use both.

Your comments are very insulting.

Oh ... don't tempt me. Your comments about homosexuals .... and how you run around calling people liars when they aren't .. and you won't apologize when proven wrong .... Don't even go to 'your comments are insulting' ....

edit on 9/5/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe

I don't mock Jesus, just the church that came after him. The Catholic Church uses Jesus only in name, not deeds or doctrine.

To be honest, I find your posts insulting as well, calling gay people abominations and giving credit where it is not due.

I have nothing to gain, I'm just a spiritual person who likes to discuss religion and theology. Is there a problem with that?

3NL,

You're kinda sweet. Look what you say.

love,

colbe

new topics

top topics

join