It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you enjoy reading the newspaper? Check this out!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
They were openly displayed for centuries in museums etc, and there are lots of written works referencing them.
What are you talking about?

At some point in our very recent history, these artefacts were either destroyed or hidden away. Why I don't know.

Someone mentioned NZ history back further in this thread. During the initial development of the city of Auckland, earth works uncovered an awful lot of bones - like one would if a cemetery was excavated. The maori were contacted and they stated that they were not their people, but the people before them. This is a matter of public record.

The bones were subsequently collected and ground up for fertiliser. Does the fact that we can't go to the museum and see these skeletons mean that they didn't exist? Certainly not.

Humanity has a long history of destroying things that in hindsight were important but at the time, were regarded as nothing but a waste of space.

edit on 5-9-2013 by UnderGetty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

That's an easy answer. These bones don't support the Darwinian agenda, that's why.
reply to post by schadenfreude

Okay, but... but evolution does exist, and even though it doesn't explain the genesis of life, it sure as heck works in our world. I'm not against the idea of higher powers (even spiritual ones... maybe even met one- but I do have a problem with dogma) but to extrapolate a scientific conspiracy of suppression is a little much.

What about the many earnest archeologists who are open minded... even religious? Many can hold two ideas (or more) in their brains... namely evolution (designed by God as a mechanism to improve life... maybe?) and religion.

Not to say these large guys weren't found (in some cases it looks pretty likely) but to paint the whole establishment as evil because there is some argument and the giant side came up lacking, is just ... wrong.

I, for what it's worth, remain open minded, though, and I suspect that many archeologists do too, despite their being slandered.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma

That's an easy answer. These bones don't support the Darwinian agenda, that's why.

Okay, but... but evolution does exist, and even though it doesn't explain the genesis of life, it sure as heck works in our world. I'm not against the idea of higher powers (even spiritual ones... maybe even met one- but I do have a problem with dogma) but to extrapolate a scientific conspiracy of suppression is a little much.

What about the many earnest archeologists who are open minded... even religious? Many can hold two ideas (or more) in their brains... namely evolution (designed by God as a mechanism to improve life... maybe?) and religion.

Not to say these large guys weren't found (in some cases it looks pretty likely) but to paint the whole establishment as evil because there is some argument and the giant side came up lacking, is just ... wrong.

I, for what it's worth, remain open minded, though, and I suspect that many archeologists do too, despite their being slandered.

As I've stated many times before here on ATS, I don't have a problem with science, so I'm not "that guy" in my Christianity...having said that, I don't believe you truly understand the total ramifications of that post, it involves MUCH MORE than anthropology.

Let me begin by flat out saying I believe in micro-evolution, not macro. Most secular ppl smile at that & say "isn't that cute" or 'what a dumb@ss." Either is fine, that doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the intellectual dishonesty that exists in academia today. It's NOT about "finding the truth", surely you get that, right? It's about "supporting the agenda." Fit OUR version of reality, don't let reality support itself.

I really don't have to go into examples on what our children were taught in history books, versus WHAT REALLY HAPPENED in real life, do I? (I will if you like, but it should be a given imo)

So what agendas does these bones disrupt?

Religious co-existence.

Hey, guess what? Turns out giants are real. What does your holy book say about that? Which leads to the follow up questions; how & why?

Evolution
Now this is a gross mischaracterization, but the evo chain usually goes from small to large, not WTF is that?! to small. This also ties in to the religious theme, now that you have Creationists with a Machiavellian smile on their face doing that hand twisting thing & laughing manically.

Partial support for Greek mythology. (That should blow some pagans hair back.)
What else do you call giants that big? Titans. Absolutely. You can't hide a truth that big, so you make it a myth instead.

Belief in the supernatural.
If you believe more in the supernatural, (and everything that implies) it's never quite hopeless enough to rely on the govt. ANY GOVERNMENT, not just the US. So they could never truly become our masters.

This is just a few topics off the top of my head that I laid out. I'm sure if I thought about it some more, I could come up with a few more, but I think you get the idea.

Hope I haven't wasted your time, take care.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
All this shows is that "news"papers spreading lies and misinfornation is nothing new

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Okay, that was more refined and I have to largely agree with many of your points, especially to a sloppy education system consensus being imposed by a largely ignorant bureaucracy. I guess my only point is that broad generalizations don't help, but being the internet (i.e. limited to snippets discussions), it's unavoidable.

There could even be an agenda pushed by close-minded wielders of academic power and it wouldn't be the first time it's happened... or the last.

And I get your evo stance... and again have no bones to pick, so-to-speak.

And as far as Greek "myths" being based on facts, I think it's more than likely (though swan rape is pushing it). 450 foot tall titans is freakin' cool and I dearly hope they exist... but would hope they don't appear on my block any time soon without Zeus around to lend a hand.
edit on 9/5/2013 by Baddogma because: refinement

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by UnderGetty

Where is your evidence

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I wonder if that's where the gene for redheadedness or gingerism comes from? Every single one of these giants seem to be red headed.

Also, I don't think they were giants, but I seem to remember reading something about red headed mummies being found on all inhabited continents and pre-dating all known indigenous cultures. So, supposedly, at one point, red headed people were everywhere and maybe ruled the world. Maybe they inherited this right to rule from their giant ancestors.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Yeah and the Smithsonian just happened to lose all the "fake" bones so now nobody can test them. The most trusted, apt scientific organization in the world, but they just happened to lose everything that's controversial... Sure... And I've got a bridge to sell you in New Hampshire!

Also, its amazing that you've personally inspected every piece of evidence that ever existed about anything. It must be nice thinking and acting as if you're God lol...

Bugs Bunny voice: What a maroon!

P.S. to sound less like a maroon, and more like a normal human being with no delusions of grandeur on the scale of godliness, try putting "Its my opinion that..." somewhere in your post. Because making these fantastical claims is tantamount to stating that you've personally tested all the evidence even that which has gone missing, and that makes you look like a liar to everybody at ats.

It's your OPINION that the bones/pics/witness accounts are fraudulent. See how easy that is.

You THINK that newspapers reporting it as fact were spreading misinformation. See? It's not hard to admit that you don't know everything. It just takes a little practice. Baby steps. You'll get it

I had a cousin who used to be the same way. He could never ever admit that he didn't know something. We all used to mock him behind his back. My other cousin would tell me something that he knew I didn't know about, and with as straight a face as possible, I would say "Oh, I know." And he would immediately know I was imitating our other know it all cousin. We would test him by stating some random bs, and sure enough, he already heard about that even though we just made it up out of nowhere two minutes earlier.

Now we all three laugh about it because he has since gotten over his stage of thinking he knows it all. I imagine you're very young, and you too will get over it one day... You just have to realize that Nobody is perfect, and nobody knows everything So its perfectly OK to make mistakes, or to not have heard of something, or to not know something.

Just like your little episode you had back there about the giants.... Lol its ancient history so we can share a chuckle about it now...but man, you were out of control! Lmfao!! XD Thinking that you know for sure that all those stories were fake when they happened before you were born and you've had no personal contact with either the evidence or the people involved....pshhh! You must be pretty embarrassed but its cool man, we've all been there and made some pretty huge mistakes too, so join the club!

I wish you good luck in turning over a new leaf in life
A nice humble leaf. A leaf where someone like yourself can take a look in the mirror and clearly state "I am not God" without collapsing to the floor and being washed away by a river of your own tears. It's ok... I know its hard. It's tough... But its not your fault. You hear me? It's not your fault. It's...not...your...fault. We are here for you, buddy. Anytime.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

P.S. to sound less like a maroon, and more like a normal human being with no delusions of grandeur on the scale of godliness, try putting "Its my opinion that..." somewhere in your post. Because making these fantastical claims is tantamount to stating that you've personally tested all the evidence even that which has gone missing, and that makes you look like a liar to everybody at ats.

Well I'm a people at ATS and I don't think he sounds or looks like a liar at all.
In fact you are living a lie, that thru it's obvious existence and even more so,
it's persistence down thru history. Mankind is left with monumental questions
when the lies of history are believed. And so, as they say the proof is in the pudding.

I hope you have some time.

The truth answers those monumental questions.

edit on 5-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I haven't seen this but I'm watching now.

It never ceases to amaze me how a branch of science can make assumptions and simply fail to check the obvious from the perspective of a different branch.

The skull plates thing is a great example.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Well you're obviously up on things and pretty smart for mentioning one of the reasons
I most wanted tedf to post this.

posted on Sep, 9 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

3n19m470
reply to post by dreamingawake

I wonder if that's where the gene for redheadedness or gingerism comes from? Every single one of these giants seem to be red headed.

Also, I don't think they were giants, but I seem to remember reading something about red headed mummies being found on all inhabited continents and pre-dating all known indigenous cultures. So, supposedly, at one point, red headed people were everywhere and maybe ruled the world. Maybe they inherited this right to rule from their giant ancestors.

It was found that the red hair gene in modern man is different than in Neanderthal. In a direct evolution standpoint, overcast and or colder environments, lead to lighter skin and eyes, hair was as commonly thought the reasons for 'blonding' and 'reddening' of the people's hair, but perhaps and as how some of the taller people in the world come from the regions where 'redheadedness' is frequent may have had something to do with the legends. Such as with migrations to the Americas in waves displayed in genetic markers of some Native American peoples that stemmed from Europe, through a possible ice land bridge in the Atlantic. Maybe some had the hair color, but others dyed it, but all had lighter skin. Ancient Alien wise, there's still that theory of it coming from from. Also, here's an interesting blog that I read and am still looking into: The Viking Redhead Gene Myth

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Hair apparently turns a reddish hue over long periods of time under certain environmental conditions:
interactive.archaeology.org...

Red hair in real life is a recessive condition, similar to blonde.

Because they are recessive conditions, people with these traits are genetically closer than others.
This is why Hitler's breeding program focused on blond, blue eyed people. With a population of genetically close specimens, it's possible to back breed to a different form (possibly extinct) of species:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I know people who don't have the gene for gray hair. They are very old but still have black hair.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Nephilim Secrets - June 11 2013 - Coast to Coast Am - Guest L.A. Marzulli

At 1 hour:10mins or so there's talk about hair and comparisons. Before and after that segment, the elongated skulls of hybrids how they differ from cultural skull binding. Also, how the skulls discussed differ from Starchild skulls.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Acromegaly is a condition that affects the Pituritary Gland, a tumour grows and most sufferers die by the time they are 42 years of age, I was lucky I was diagnosed when I was 41, and then I had to have brain surgery in order to remove the tumour, followed by 5 weeks radiation therapy. The condition is never healed completely, but the symptoms are balanced out by certain drugs that are taken for life. As in Andre the Giant’s case, he refused to have the tumour removed and then he died at the age of 46….
reply to post by davethebear

Thank you for this very informative post. I never really thought about it and didn't realize all of those people suffered from the same health condition (Acromegaly). I can only imagine what people must of thought before Acromegaly was a discovered condition. I like your version of the Goliath story also. It's an interesting way of looking at it.

It's awful that you have to contend with this unfortunate condition and I wish you the best of luck. Thanks for sharing your story and giving me something to think about.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join