It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you enjoy reading the newspaper? Check this out!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
7 feet tall? Why is that a big deal? Well, I mean he's big, but...
farm3.static.flickr.com...

The Karankawa of Naches were indeed large (and, apparently rather scary) but giants? Not exactly.

They made a strong impression on the Europeans who wrote of encounters. The men were strikingly tall, described as between six and seven feet (180–213 cm). They were tattooed and wore shell ornaments.

en.wikipedia.org...

8 feet tall? Yup. He's a bigun.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

List of tallest people

edit on 9/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I have to Agree with that comment , Natives were Big , But the Giants of the Fallen Angels (Nephillan), were Massive 12 -24 feet , and many legends and stories tell of American Natives as well Maori natives of New Zealand , hunting and destroying the Giants ...Maori natives when discovered were shy of 7 foot and all were above 6 foot as recorded by early european settlers , so Natives are not Nephillan

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

The ancient Hawaiians were also known to often be of great stature.

The average height was about five feet ten inches , and many of the chiefs were over six feet. A skeleton from one of the ancient burial caves measured six feet seven and three quarters inches, and, as Bryan states, "there is sufficient evidence to establish that men of even larger stature were by no means unusual."

www.jstor.org...

edit on 9/2/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallgonenow

I remember this one from June, not sure if someone else has already posted it.

www.dsnnews.net...

Per June 27, 2013 In Noble county Ohio, Seneca township, Gas giant Antero wants to use 200 acres of private property, and bulldoze the historic "Bates mound" where in 1872 it is recorded that three over 8 feet tall skeletons with double rows of teeth were excavated. Antero has not convinced the current property owners to give up their land, and may resort to eminent domain unconstitutional tactics to seize their land.

The site appears to be pre-Adena, with stone ruins, and burial mound with huge old growth trees growing over it.

We hear a lot of talk and theories about giants and burial mounds, and ask our self what happens to these alleged skeletons? I think the answer is, they get bulldozed, and either reburied or the Smithsonian snatches them up and the whole place is turned into an oil field. Nice way to cover it all up.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Excellent read ...downloaded the PDF

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FuZe7

We hear a lot of talk and theories about giants and burial mounds, and ask our self what happens to these alleged skeletons?
It's right there in the article.

Upon exposure to the atmosphere the skeletons crumbled back to mother earth.

www.dsnnews.net...

Either that or my dog ate them.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I've always wondered how a fallen angel (spirit) could have relations with a human? They do not have material substance, ie. skin, bones, sperm. How could they impregnate a human being? Is it similar to the Holy Spirit impregnating the virgin Mary? If you read the scriptures, however, it seems that they had relations with the female humans.
edit on 2-9-2013 by sqorpius because: punctuation

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallgonenow

*These are not tabloids*

The problem is that for a very long time, almost all newspapers were what we'd consider "tabloids" today. There were no standard of accountability, and they'd publish whatever they thought would sell (not too different from today in that sense...)

Sometimes these things would get really out of hand, become serialized installations, and whip the public into a frenzy. Like that time when the papers said a new telescope had found bat-winged men living on the moon.
edit on 2-9-2013 by wirehead because:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by FuZe7

We hear a lot of talk and theories about giants and burial mounds, and ask our self what happens to these alleged skeletons?
It's right there in the article.

Upon exposure to the atmosphere the skeletons crumbled back to mother earth.

www.dsnnews.net...

Either that or my dog ate them.

Yeah, sorry I accidentally copied that last paragraph from the forum I copied that link from.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
enjoying this thread... I like topics like this and all the responses top it!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Em2013

Winnemucca NV. is the only one I've heard of and you have to ask to see it because it isn't on display. But they will show it to you from my understanding.
edit on 2-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Another article for OPs collection.
edit on 2-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I know it's not said enough around ATS but thank you! I don't think I'll ever get the chance to go to NV but in the event that I do, I will make sure to check it out if it's still around.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by itsallgonenow

Bookmarking.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

lol......the truth needs a kick in the face?......haaaaa.....if thats the case the lie needs to be rocket punched by Mike Tyson

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Ancestors to the nephilim my friend. Look up Troy Smith on the Nephilim. Pretty interesting stuff even if your not a believer in God or anything.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
"Indians" come from the subcontinent of Asian, Cristobal Colon

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sqorpius
I've always wondered how a fallen angel (spirit) could have relations with a human? They do not have material substance, ie. skin, bones, sperm. How could they impregnate a human being? Is it similar to the Holy Spirit impregnating the virgin Mary? If you read the scriptures, however, it seems that they had relations with the female humans.
edit on 2-9-2013 by sqorpius because: punctuation

Angels have the ability to take on a solid body and appear as different things.

A good example of this are the angels that were sent to destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. Abraham, and lot, didn't realise they were angels.

The verse you talk about contains a mistranslation. It doesn't actually say they had sex, it says that they mixed their seed. We know that there are techniques for creating an organism without the act of sex.

The Bible refers to seed in a much more general term than semen as well. All living things have seed and the most fundamental description I can come up with is that seed is the DNA of an organism as it contains the information required to propagate the species.

Personally, I believe that these fallen angels took on a solid form, and began a genetic breeding program that incorporated some of their own DNA.

Look at the days of Noah. It says all flesh was corrupt. That means all animals, not just people. All means all right? If you start tinkering with DNA, you very quickly corrupt the entire gene pool.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me that human beings were bigger at one point than they are now, in North America at least, because there were giant beavers and giant bears at one point too. They definitely have skeletal remains of them and in the UK not too long ago, they discovered the partial remains of a huge sabre toothed cat.

If conditions were conducive to producing very robust specimens of these creatures maybe humans of the period were large and robust as well.
edit on 3-9-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by cheesy

I think they are the fallen angels personally. Ive done little research beyond this at this point. Ill get there but as of now the bible said there were giants in those days. Well it appears so.

There one medical theory - there's some parasite that can get into the bloodstream and migrate into the brain, the pituitary gland, die and create a cyst. That causes the individual to grow larger.

There's another theory that larger humans would have been needed in order to catch sabre-toothed cats and mammoths.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by stormcell

reply to post by cheesy

I think they are the fallen angels personally. Ive done little research beyond this at this point. Ill get there but as of now the bible said there were giants in those days. Well it appears so.

There one medical theory - there's some parasite that can get into the bloodstream and migrate into the brain, the pituitary gland, die and create a cyst. That causes the individual to grow larger.

There's another theory that larger humans would have been needed in order to catch sabre-toothed cats and mammoths.

This is something I wrote about earlier in the thread, the medical condition is called Acromegaly or Gigantism, this is come about by a tumour growing on the pituritary gland. It is a rare medical condition that I also have....you will find my write up on the link here...www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I don't remember where I saw it, but there were also accounts by the Spaniards who explored California of "Giant Indians". These were friendly and helped to unload the ships. They were able to carry large crates by themselves that took many of the Spaniards to handle. They were also said to carry large logs by putting them over their shoulders.

As to the lack of evidence in modern times: I used to work for a large construction company who builds highways and dams (among other things). Archeological discoveries stop the project and cause long delays while they are excavated and researched. Because of this, many of the foremen order these discoveries bulldozed and destroyed before the on-site archeologists (required by law) can be alerted to them. I knew several foremen who carried mammoth teeth in their trucks as souvenirs. They would rather get the bonus for completing a project ahead of time than further knowledge.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DataDoc

I know of two stories like this from first hand on the sight witnesses.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join