It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Atheist: A reason Christians get heated when defending their belief.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Then what is the Father? And the Holy Spitit?

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Here's a link to a site that lay's it all out there for you.Happy reading. bibviz.com...

There's a nice thread on here about this very subject, Do yourself a search, you'll find it. And after you do, I'll await the hotair propaganda apology. And you should apologise, it's the christian thing to do.
edit on 4-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

The dragon of revelation is a symbol, not literal. Rev 17 and 18 expands on that.

The preflood environment was different. A layer of water in the upper atmosphere likely filtered out solar radiation while increasing the oxygen pressure in the atmosphere, thereby extending human life spans. The lack of rain probably reduced the amount of pathogens floating around while the water canopy kept most bacteria in the newly discovered bacteriosphere. Look it up.

The rest of your so called contradictions are just disagreements with biblical morals.

I think rape, murder, adultery and conspiracy are all worthy of the death penalty. But, the new testament commands christians to observe the laws of their nations, so I repect the Constitution how ever inadequet it is.

America's liberal policy on these crimes (especially adultery) has allowed apostasy to spread like wildfire in this nation.

And Im sorry, but homosexuality is obviously unnatural. Its obvious that the penis fits with the vagina. Ive never met a homosexual couple that can naturaly procreate.

So, there are no contradictions here. Just a disagreement between you and the Bible. If jews didnt like it, they always had the option to leave Israel.

Give me something a little harder.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

As I thought. You side step the issue with biblical babble. You fail to see or even admit the contradictions when they are right there for you to see. So predictable you all are. And a little off your rockers. I cant even begin to understand your last post, water, preflood, biblical babble, when logic fails you. Still waiting on the LOGIC & FACTS folks to show up.

But you know, the facts & logic folks arent gonna show up. Why? Because there are no LOGIC & FACTS in the bible, just fantasy stories written well after the fact, Just try and help me understand one contradiction. We all know the passage in the bible where jesus meets the crowd on the path that is stoning the whore. And we get the famous biblical quote of( Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and the crowd left jesus and the whore alone on the path. Who then narrates the rest of that story if jesus & the whore are left alone? Who? And the ten commandments, Moses broke that law of thou shall not kill before the ink dried, did he not? Stories and Fact are two different things, except for folks like you. I have a sister that's a pastor, Ive had this arguement many many times before and it allways goes this way. Keep suspending your reality to keep your faith. I'll keep on keeping on.

I just re-read your last post....babble upon babble upon babble, but in your mind it's all good. I invite others to try to understand your last reply..because I sure as hell cant. I dont speak nor do I understand or comprehend biblical babble.
edit on 4-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I didnt side step anything. I addressed your points with theory (electric universe) and moral interpretation.

When water is in its plasma form, it is concievebly possible for it to form a diamagnetic shield in the ionosphere. Given the fact that most ancient calendars observe a 360 day year, indicates the possibility that a massive geological and possibly astronomical change occured that effected the earth's orbit. The bible isnt the only historical record of a world wide flood. Im sorry that this isnt all darwinism and relativity, but sometimes scientific theory can be wrong.

The Pharisee's conspired against the whore and violated her privacy to catch her in the act. Hence Jesus said "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". In Constitutional law, a person must be charged on the grounds of probable cause, and has the right to be free of unreasonable search and seizure, or else, technically the case is supposed to be thrown out. That is what Jesus was expressing, that the Pharisees conducted un reasonable search and seizure.

The ten commandments do not prohibit killing. They prohibit murder. "Thou shalt not murder" is the correct translation. Killing is justifiable in cases of self defense, corperal punishment, natonal defence, and legitimate war (something the United States misunder stands).

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yet Johns gospels state he was sent to save the world and Matthew says Jesus said that he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel....and in the same breath calling the Caananite woman a 'dog' and stating she was 'beneath' the Israelites..

Those books are still looking somewhat swiss cheesy to me.

I prefer The Gospel of Thomas. And The Book of Enoch.

Granted, the Old Testament is a lovely collection of Sci-Fi Horror stories. Highly entertaining. I prefer reading the Septuagint versions though.

And The King James Version of Gospels...well....I'm sure you're well studied in that versions bias.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

Then what is the Father? And the Holy Spitit?

The Father is Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit is Jesus Christ. The Son of God is Jesus Christ in human flesh. There is only one God Jesus Christ. He is the Father of all. The Son of God in redemption. The one Spirit who is Holy.
edit on 5-9-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   

So, there are no contradictions here. Just a disagreement between you and the Bible. If jews didnt like it, they always had the option to leave Israel.

I have stopped viewing such sites due to the ones I have seen have just been full of misinterpretations.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I fail to see the differences between your belief and mine. By Trinity, I do not mean three separate Gods, but three personalities of a singular God that is one in essense. If Jesus is the Father, then He continuously prayed to Himself. When He recieved the Holy Spirit at His baptism, He would have been recieving Himself. When He said on the cross, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" He would have been pleading with Himself.

You can argue that during His human incarnation, He was separated from His deity, but that separation was re-integrated at the ressurection. Therefore, when He (in His integrated self) ascended to heaven to be seated next to the Father, was He ascending to sit next to Himself?

Do you see what I mean?

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Akragon

Yet Johns gospels state he was sent to save the world and Matthew says Jesus said that he was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel....and in the same breath calling the Caananite woman a 'dog' and stating she was 'beneath' the Israelites.

Jesus was sent to the lost sheep of Israel during His earthly ministry. In order to set up the Jewish foundation of the Church. After that foundation was laid on the day of Pentecost 29 AD, salvation was open to the rest of the world. Both Gospels are correct and non contradictory.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I fail to see the differences between your belief and mine. By Trinity, I do not mean three separate Gods, but three personalities of a singular God that is one in essense. If Jesus is the Father, then He continuously prayed to Himself.

If Jesus is the one God, who else was there to pray to.

You can argue that during His human incarnation, He was separated from His deity, but that separation was re-integrated at the ressurection.

Jesus Christ was never separated from His deity. He humbled Himself as a man, but did not give up His power.

Therefore, when He (in His integrated self) ascended to heaven to be seated next to the Father, was He ascending to sit next to Himself?

Sitting on the right hand of God is not a physical location. It means He had all the power, authority, and honor of God.

Trinitarianism is a modified polytheism. One god prays to another god. One god sits next to another god. One god in submission to another god. The only thing that separates you from pure polytheism is your claim that the three gods are actually one god, which is not logical and comes from the teaching of the Kabbalah.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Psalm 110:1 A Psalm of David. The affirmation of Jehovah to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool."

This is spoken from Yahweh to the Messiah. There are two characters in this conversation. The Father and the Son. Take this into account with Elohim, the revelation of the Fathet, Son, and Holy Spirit, and there can only be two conclusions: Either Jesus likes to have conversations with Himself and refers to Himself in the plural, or the one and only God reveals Himself in a co-equal and co-eternal Trinity.

What support can you present that Elohim only refers to the plural attributes of God?

First came the truth, then came the distortions. If Kabalah and paganism reflects the Trinity, it is as a distortion.

Some scripture is meant to be taken symbolically, some literally, based on the context of the passage. But to come to the conclusion that Elohim refers to the Godly attributes and that Jesus carried on conversations with Himself , is to put an esoteric spin on the truth.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Psalm 110:1 A Psalm of David. The affirmation of Jehovah to my Lord: "Sit at My right hand, Till I make thine enemies thy footstool."

This is spoken from Yahweh to the Messiah. There are two characters in this conversation. The Father and the Son. Take this into account with Elohim, the revelation of the Fathet, Son, and Holy Spirit, and there can only be two conclusions: Either Jesus likes to have conversations with Himself and refers to Himself in the plural, or the one and only God reveals Himself in a co-equal and co-eternal Trinity.

First of all, Jehovah (invented in 1270 AD) and Yahweh (invented in 1725 AD) are only guess names based upon the tetragrammaton which is Baal, not God.

There is God and there is the Messias, the same God in flesh. Psalm 110:1 does not hinder the doctrine of one God at all.

What support can you present that Elohim only refers to the plural attributes of God?

The non Kabbalah Jews who wrote "Elohim" were strictly believers in one God.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

"Let us make man in our image."

We were not maid in the image of angels, so who else is God refering to? Where angels made in God's image too? Cause Christ was incatnated as the Son of Man, not the Son of Angels.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

"Let us make man in our image."

We were not maid in the image of angels, so who else is God refering to? Where angels made in God's image too? Cause Christ was incatnated as the Son of Man, not the Son of Angels.

Yes, the angels were created in God's image too. They appear like men throughout the Bible.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Ok, but angels didnt have a hand in creating us. That was all God. "Let us create..."

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I can't just take your word for it. Jesus didn't say "I came for the lost sheep of Israel, but afterwards i'll help the Caananite woman and the rest of the world". He said what is claimed he said. It's the 'Gospel truth'. And it's contradictory.

I merely ask for you to back up your assertion with more evidence.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The folks that Mose's ordered put to death after he came down from the mountain with the commandments, did nothing but worship a cow. They did not murder anyone, nor was it in self defence. Trying to babble your way around a dissagreement with babble. Oh, you'll come back with some more babble, then I;'ll give you another contradiction and you'll give me some more babble....Why the helll I WASTE MY TIME..i do not know. I guess I hate to see educated people act stupid/ Babbleing your way around the contradictions in the bible isnt addressing anything. It just goes to show how absurd you are in your arguement......And I'm still waiting for the FACTS & LOGIC folks to appear...let me guess their just as imaginary as God. & Santa & Mother Goose & Easter Bunny etc etc etc. End of my time in this thread as it's a WASTE of my time. So my friend....babble on, babble on. By the way, you never answered the question I put fourth. Who narrated the rest of the story of jesus & the whore on the path, if they were left alone? You all I would assume, I suppose that thos eof us that call ourselves Atheist's have never read scipture. Ive read them all, Old Testament, New testament, Torah, Koran, and I even went as far as reading the book of Mormon. Now you know WHY i'm an atheist. Stereo instructions in Japanese is the equivalent to all the books I mentioned, and ALL of those books were written by the lieing hands of MAN.
edit on 5-9-2013 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Actually another translation which is claimed to be truer to form using a Self-Defining language system discovered in the hebrew language, a sort of Human proof translation system so you couldn't possibly get it wrong, and that version states that, what we call, 'the Watchers' (they translate it as Originators (plural)) were the ones who created the Earth and then God created us.

The Chronicle Project

Genesis 1 - 2:3

Genesis 2:4 - 4:26

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Ok, but angels didnt have a hand in creating us. That was all God. "Let us create..."

Have you read the next verse yet? It was "He" who did the creating, not "they/them". If the "us" was a trinity of gods and not God speaking to the angels, the creation would have been done by "they/them"

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by truejew

Jesus didn't say "I came for the lost sheep of Israel, but afterwards i'll help the Caananite woman and the rest of the world".

He did not say that. However, that is the way it happened. There is no contradiction.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join