It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Atheist: A reason Christians get heated when defending their belief.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
And when we find that other higher animals e.g. whales and dolphins have a deity belief system, then being born in the image of man will be surprise. No they have not found this yet but have found whales to be self aware, pigeons to follow random patterns because they think its lucky- year by year, humans are becoming less special.

If a fellow human has a personal relationship with god, we must respect this. If someone comes onto this conspiracy web site and says that the Earth is 6,000 years old, flat or covered in jelly then it is fair game that others can contribute evidence for/against this. Unlike many atheists I can believe that despite little evidence (to be expected for the age of the book in that region) , much of the bible could be based around truth- in a similar mixed way to the Illiad.

I also believe that our spiritual and moral rules are based on us being pack animals, needing each other for survival (quite literally).
Had we been cats, where surviving on our own was important then we would have a different set of morals, e.g. the samaritan in the story that comes to help would be the bad samaritan.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BELIEVERpriest

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

reply to post by LittleByLittle

Reike is not a Christian practice, and it is not of the Holy Spirit. There are other spirits out there trying to immitate the Holy Spirit. By this I mean fallen angels. Christianity does not derive its spirituallity from miricle work, but from the daily intake of the Word of God and by walking in the power of the Holy Spirit. So to compare non-biblical spiritism to true Biblical Spirituality is like comparing apples to oranges. The fact that so many Christians focus on the experience rather than the Word of God is evident in the decline of Christian spirituality.

I would say it is of the holy spirit since it is connected to chakra that is what god changes when god does the saving but your mind is made up so let's just say we disagree.

And thank you for your post. You made me smile and laught.

edit on 2-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

I dont deny that chakrahs exist, but to my knowledge, the bible never tells us to directly activate them. My hypothesis it that God used the charkrahs in the past to communicate and work through us, but due to the sin nature which limits our abilities, I dont think we should be playing with our chakrahs before the ressurection. Evil spirits can fool us by stimulating our chakrahs.

Do not know if you should manipulate them or not. It is up to you to decide. Some souls do not have the choice to decide since it is decided on circumstances and need.
. There are positive things with chakras but also negative things since it makes you comfortable with things that people around you have not experienced. From other sources I have seen information that chakrahs is hidden in revelation.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If a fellow human has a personal relationship with god, we must respect this
reply to post by templar knight

Why ?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad

Why not ?
Because that's the only way humans can get alomg.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
The reason I get a bit heated (maybe?) when defending any religious belief system from atheism, is that unopposed atheism will often lead to nationalism, and nationalism has little regard for individual well-being in many cases.

I think that religion and science need to co-exist. Although I don't think it should be involved in government, I think that religious people should not be harassed for their belief system.

God has nothing to do with it.

Although spirituality, I'm sure, does exist. I personally like agnostics, as they tend to be the most laid-back.
edit on 2-9-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

And religionists are incapable of nationalism?

Seems that most of the people who were chanting USA!, USA!, USA! leading up to the war on Iraq were Christians and Jews -- not that all C's and J's were doing this, but it wasn't the atheist/agnostic crowd doing so.

Then there is the state of Israel, which claims to be/wants to be a Jewish state. Judaism is a religion, not a race. So there you have nationalism based solely on religion.

And you're also apparently suggesting that religion cares about the well-being of individuals. That's a hoot. Although you do have a point about the Roman Catholic Church caring about the well-being of child-raping priests.

It is mind boggling that such claims would be made by a defender of religion. You might want this to be the case, but the facts show that it is otherwise.

And I also just want to give a hearty two thumbs down to another one of these threads by religionists trying to preach to atheists.

You want atheists to stop attacking your religion and challenging your religious beliefs? Then stop creating threads like this one, stop proselytizing and stop trying to foist your religious views on others, particularly through laws.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

So between the OP and this post, what you're saying is, "If you don't believe in what I believe in, you're wrong."

Is that correct?

The message that you believe you are getting from some higher power seems to be filled with barbs...

Search yourself more deeply, know yourself more completely, hide nothing about yourself from yourself, make amends for any wrong you have done (no need to ask an external force for forgiveness, just a need to minimise your negative effect on the world... regardless of a god) otherwise any message you may be receiving may be distorted by your perceptions.

If God (the universe) is speaking to you from within, your external message should ring true with everyone... but it clearly isn't ringing true with everyone, so maybe you need to understand the message better.

Cheers
edit on 3-9-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2013 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Now, take the pepple from my hand !

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb
And for all the people asking if I believe it is something unique to Christians, yes I do. I mean no disrespect to other religions, however, I would compare their sensation to one Mormons get when praying about the BoM. A burning in the heart is what most Mormons describe. This is not the same feeling, and I feel like God is telling me others do not experience what I am talking about otherwise I wouldn't have posted this thread.

You don't have to agree, this is just my belief.
edit on 2-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

I know the Experience you speak of. I assure you, it is definitely not exclusive to Christians. I know this firsthand.

In regards to your comment about comparing the sensations that those of other religions experience, how can you rightfully do so when you have never been in their shoes? You have no idea what they experienced and what they felt.

God loves everyone, not just Christians.

Nothing gets under a Christian's skin quite so much as when you attempt to tell them that ALL roads lead Home, not just theirs, and that eventually every single soul in existence will find their way Home. Why is that? Why the need to believe that you are in some special club and that everyone who doesn't belong will suffer some hellish fate? Just because it says so in a book, doesn't mean it's true. Why the need to put down others who find their own path?

If you want respect for your way, then you must respect the way of others. It is possible to be an atheist and be a good person. And whatever men believe or disbelieve, if it serves good, it serves God.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
So your reason you get defensive is that atheist's just dont get it?...
The truth is atheist's would just like to be left alone and not explain why they don't believe.
You will also have as much chance changing their mind as they would changing yours.
This is a fact that most Christians will not accept.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I personally believe that God takes care of me. I struggle financially, yet at the moment when hope is gone I'll get some cash from a relative or a friend. I might be going hungry one day, and he has people stop over with food or something of the nature. He works in my life constantly, and I could never repay him for that any other way than by telling you all that he truly does hold me in his hands and take care of me as a child. I wish and pray that some of the threads I post that do discuss logical positions for our belief will show atleast one of you the truth.

Even though you used the word 'logical' within an insane premise, I will remain calm. God has people stop over to give you food? You must be very special then, because your god seems to be ignoring these children:

If you respond to this, SOTL, please don't try to justify it by it saying that children starve because we humans aren't feeding them. My response is only related to your idea that god directly intervenes on your behalf. He intentionally moves people to bring you food. As you imply, He personally takes care of you as a child. Well, what about the other millions of children throughout the world in desperate need of god's direct intervention???

Please PLEASE consider these points:

1. Are you implying that your god considers you more deserving than these children?
2. If your god DOES take care of you while ignoring the cries of millions of babies, why aren't you insane with rage at your god over this?
3. How could you eat such a gift from god while knowing that some children will actually DIE of starvation before you finish your heaven-sent meal?

Why can't you see that there is NOTHING logical about your belief. Why can't you see that this belief is utterly and irrefutably insane?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Not a trick question unless you are tricking yourself. Im trying to see if we both hold Jesus to the Trinitarian view and as the Lamb of God.

Considering im not a Christian... why would I hold the same view of Jesus as you do?

The trinity was added to Christian theology 300+ years after the fact... Jesus said nothing about a trinity... Nor did he consider himself God...

If you dont share my view of Jesus, then we are debating two completely independent systems of faith. I see the bible as a closed unit. Therefore, it would be wrong to mix it with eastern spiritism.

That's nice... I consider the bible a book written by men with agendas... Only four books are necessary... the rest is nothing more then a great story based on myths from other cultures

And Paul...

Sounds to me like you choose what you want from the bible. Thats not Christianity.

Bingo!

The bible does teach that satan and his fallen angels can masquerade as angels of light. Thats a direct warning against familiar spirits. Jesus also said that repetative utterances in prayer is wrong, so repeating mantras for chakra activation opens the potential for demon influence and even possession.

Right... that's part of the myth that I was speaking of...

So if you believe in the same Jesus that I do, you would realize that charkra stimulation is like playing with fire. Tantamount to soul masturbation.

Incorrect...

So if you see Jesus as a mere "Ascended Master", then the question does not directly pertain to you.

Jesus was exactly what he called himself... the Son of God... Not God in the flesh...

And another thing....

Well seeing that all Christians are believers and priests unto the Lord, that would make us all members of The Church. So yes, I am under the influence of the Church.

Most of you Christians don't know your bible from a whole in the wall... Most just regurgitate what they've been taught and never even read the book, let alone study it in detail...

SO if all Christians are priests in the church... Your religion is more lost then even I think...

Consider this... Jesus said there is a narrow path.... Yet over 1/3 of the population of the planet is Christian...

Doesn't seem that narrow if Christians are the ones that "get it"... does it?

edit on 3-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I dunno ... considering what the idiots in charge of the world are doing in Syria ... that could really grow some legs and end the world as we know it. It has potential ..

Very true my dear... but even if this goes into full blown nuclear war... It will be nothing more then a hard reset...

We're slowly finding out that the world has been reset several times in the past... Ancient cultures disappear without a trace... and get buried in the sands of time... Only to be dug up thousands of years later...

Perhaps it might be the end of the world "as we know it"... but the end of the world according to revelation?

No chance... humans will survive... we always have and always will... until the time our sun consumes the last bit of its fuel

edit on 3-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The trinity is a conistant biblical theme from start to finish. "Elohim" is hebrew word for God in His purality. It implies a purality of more than two. The first use of "Elohim" can be found in Gen1:1. Isaiah 48 reveals the Son and the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that He was one with ther Father and that the Father was one with Him, and the New Testament consistently re-enforces this idea.

So the notion that the Trinity was inserted by Christians is a regurgitated idea propigated by the new age ecumenal religion. But thanks for the lecture. Never mind the fact that all parts of the bible fit together seamlessly like a puzzle. By your reference to the four books, I assume you mean the gospels. Its easy to make the gospels say what you want them to say when you ignore the connections they have to Genesis, Psalms, Revelation, Ezekiel, Acts, Job, Jude, Exodus, and the rest of the bible. So it sounds pretty foolish to say that only part of the bible is correct, and the rest is useless.

I would say that less than 10% of the "Christian" population are actually authentic Christians. You cant invite Christ into your heart, you cant make Him your Lord, you cant impress God with your work in return for salvation, water baptism will not save you, you cant ask for salvation, praying to Mary wont save you and neither will the pope, and no amount of feeling sorry for your sins will save you. Salvation is simple: Believe in the Son and you will be saved. This is what 90% of self proclaimed "Christians" misunderstand.

Keep practicing your magic tricks. Some of us true Christians are actually on the path to true spiritual enlightenment. But if you really have any criticism for true christianity, try looking a little deeper than Theosophy Society for your talking points.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

The trinity is a conistant biblical theme from start to finish. "Elohim" is hebrew word for God in His purality. It implies a purality of more than two. The first use of "Elohim" can be found in Gen1:1. Isaiah 48 reveals the Son and the Holy Spirit. Jesus said that He was one with ther Father and that the Father was one with Him, and the New Testament consistently re-enforces this idea.

So the notion that the Trinity was inserted by Christians is a regurgitated idea propigated by the new age ecumenal religion. But thanks for the lecture. Never mind the fact that all parts of the bible fit together seamlessly like a puzzle. By your reference to the four books, I assume you mean the gospels. Its easy to make the gospels say what you want them to say when you ignore the connections they have to Genesis, Psalms, Revelation, Ezekiel, Acts, Job, Jude, Exodus, and the rest of the bible. So it sounds pretty foolish to say that only part of the bible is correct, and the rest is useless.

I would say that less than 10% of the "Christian" population are actually authentic Christians. You cant invite Christ into your heart, you cant make Him your Lord, you cant impress God with your work in return for salvation, water baptism will not save you, you cant ask for salvation, praying to Mary wont save you and neither will the pope, and no amount of feeling sorry for your sins will save you. Salvation is simple: Believe in the Son and you will be saved. This is what 90% of self proclaimed "Christians" misunderstand.

Keep practicing your magic tricks. Some of us true Christians are actually on the path to true spiritual enlightenment. But if you really have any criticism for true christianity, try looking a little deeper than Theosophy Society for your talking points.

I would not say that the teachings of the Kabbalah is "true spiritual enlightenment". You may rightly call this chakra stuff "magic tricks" but your trinity doctrine comes from the same place, the Kabbalah and further back to Baal worship.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

there is not a single instance where the word trinity is used in the bible... Genesis is flawed... Bigtime... And it sadly implies that this so called "god" made man in his likeness... Which is nothing more then an egotistical "man is the ultimate creation" idea... The rest of the OT is a contradictory mess as well

Yes jesus said he was one with the father... That means one essence, as you are also the essence of your mother and Father... He was not implying that he was God

So the notion that the Trinity was inserted by Christians is a regurgitated idea propigated by the new age ecumenal religion. But thanks for the lecture. Never mind the fact that all parts of the bible fit together seamlessly like a puzzle.

Your welcome... And the bible does not fit together seamlessly... Not even close... In fact the bible is more closely related to swiss cheese... Theres more holes in the story then connections...

Unless of course one listens to preachers and doesn't bother actually reading the book... That is the ONLY way anyone could come to the conclusion that then book is inerrant... Even christian scholars won't touch that debate...

By your reference to the four books, I assume you mean the gospels. Its easy to make the gospels say what you want them to say when you ignore the connections they have to Genesis, Psalms, Revelation, Ezekiel, Acts, Job, Jude, Exodus, and the rest of the bible. So it sounds pretty foolish to say that only part of the bible is correct, and the rest is useless.

Uh huh... And what did Jesus say about calling people fools?

Likewise i find it rather silly to attempt to make connections between books that arn't there... Whatever floats yer boat though

I would say that less than 10% of the "Christian" population are actually authentic Christians

And of course YOU are one of them right? LOL

And here comes the assumptions... Right on cue... Next will be insults im sure... Then slander...

Theres 40k different sects of said religion... So your flavor of the religion is no better then any of the other ones... Get over yourself

I've looked deeep into your religion for over 10 years now... Which is one of the many reasons why im not a christian... And if your one of those fanatical types that believe the bible is flawless... Then you still have
Lots to learn... Stick to it..

Perhaps one day you'll wake up

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Then explain "Elohim".

Do you embrace the New Testament, because the Trinity doctrine is all over the NT.

Kabalah is a mixture of Judaeism and paganism. It doesnt suprise me to find the trinity concept in Kabalah. It doesnt make Trinitarian theology false.

I found your earlier link on the Kabalistic roots of trinitarianism to be inconclusive and rather dismissive.

edit on 4-9-2013 by BELIEVERpriest because: mis spelling

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

All Im seeing is a bunch of unsubstantiated claims coming from you. Elohim made man in their image, not His image. Plurality.

Look for yourself.

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

All Im seeing is a bunch of unsubstantiated claims coming from you. Elohim made man in their image, not His image. Plurality.

Look for yourself.

I know what it says brother... What im saying is who cares what Genesis says...

Mark 12:29
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Get it?

One God... Not three in one... Not three equals one... One and only one...

The word of Moses vs the word of Jesus...

Pick one cause you can't accept both...

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
lol.

Your 'God' aka 'Lord of Hosts' commands an army of giants from outer space who are coming to rape the entire world....one day.

God is an Alien. Probably many different ones too given the variety of personalities he takes in the old testament.

Jesus is like Noah....artificially inseminated by 'them' *pointing to the sky*.

Be careful what you believe in. They are technologically superior. They can make you feel anything in order to get a feed.

I might not be serious. Then again I might be.

Hold on, was it Noah....or the other guy....Methusalahs son...ahh, I don't care.
edit on 4-9-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join