It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Atheist: A reason Christians get heated when defending their belief.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

I dont deny that chakrahs exist, but to my knowledge, the bible never tells us to directly activate them. My hypothesis it that God used the charkrahs in the past to communicate and work through us, but due to the sin nature which limits our abilities, I dont think we should be playing with our chakrahs before the ressurection. Evil spirits can fool us by stimulating our chakras

22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Your eye is a tool of perception. Ex: let those who have eyes to see and ears to hear...
This passage tells us the importance of learning and perceving the bible accurately. To perceve accurately is to fill the soul (which inhabits the body) with light. To perceve poorly would fill the soul and mind with darkness.

So to maintain healthy chakras would involve accurate perception. This passage doesnt expand on actually stimulating the chakrahs, but how to prevent poisonous doctrine from destroying them. The bible doesnt teach charkrah exercise.

Chakrahs connect the soul to the body. Messing with them is like messing with the central nervous system of the soul. It can be dangerous, and the activity always attracts negative attention from fallen angels.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by Akragon

Your eye is a tool of perception. Ex: let those who have eyes to see and ears to hear...
This passage tells us the importance of learning and perceving the bible accurately. To perceve accurately is to fill the soul (which inhabits the body) with light. To perceve poorly would fill the soul and mind with darkness.

So to maintain healthy chakras would involve accurate perception. This passage doesnt expand on actually stimulating the chakrahs, but how to prevent poisonous doctrine from destroying them. The bible doesnt teach charkrah exercise.

Chakrahs connect the soul to the body. Messing with them is like messing with the central nervous system of the soul. It can be dangerous, and the activity always attracts negative attention from fallen angels.

Of course the bible doesn't specifically teach chakra stimulation... That is too closely related to eastern methodology... Remember... To christians everything that is outside of "the book" is of the devil... As you clearly know because of your statement about "fallen angels"

Which by the way is utter nonsense... Stimulating the chakras does not invite negative entities... Negative emotions attract negative entities...

Chakra meditation opens the body and mind to the infinite... Which allows greater understanding of the universe and the world around us... Lack of proper stimulation leads to sickness of the body and mind... But of course meditation is not the only way to stimulate them... Daily events also can stimlate the chakras... Excercise works as well...

The only way one can "invite fallen angels" so to speak... is to "work" at their level... Hatred, decite, anger, jealousy, wrath...

What you stated sounds like someone under the influence of a christian church... They are the only one who will push such garbage.

No offense but sadly its true

edit on 3-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

Those 3 are easy.

A) thats crap, athiests dont't just have a beef with christianity. Personally i think all religious doctrine is equally as warped. Most athiests tend to be western though, christianity is the religion the have to deal with most. Christianity is going to be the one they know better. the reason they are mai ly western is that not beleiving in god in quite a few eastern countires can be a death penalty.

B) because most athiests have studdied the bible or at least been brought up reading it. I have read it several times. If im not going to beleive in something and state publicly I think its made up and man made, im going to make sure i have read it and understood it first.

C) thats just human nature. Religious folk are just as bad if not worse. Trying to run around convincing athiests there is a god then threatening us with hell because we don't believe. People on both sides do it so pointing the finger a athiests for it is pretty laughable.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

So let's get this right, us atheists should ignore all the evidence against the existence of a god and forget all the contradictions and errors in the bible and simply believe christians because when they think about their delusion they get a warm fuzzy feeling inside. I don't think so!

I understand what you are trying to do, you know that you can't provide a logical argument or evidence as we can very easily dismiss it for what it is so you have resorted to talking about your feelings. Give me a break. I get a happy feeling when my favourite film is on TV but it doesn't make the characters real.

The is no such thing as god, deal with it!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The way I see it on this site as well as many others, it is the ATHEISTS who attack hatefully and angrily any references to Yahweh or Yeshua or anything scriptural for that matter. Very rarely do I see a Christian attacking an atheist or agnostic for not believing. It is hard to have a civil conversation with anyone attacking us for our beliefs, instead of reading what is said and trying to find out why we think that way and where we get our ideas from.

We don't beat people upside the head with the Good News, we just throw the seed out and see what grows. We aren't the gardener, God is, we are just the sowers... I know there are some who do take the forceful route and try to stuff the Christian view down peoples throats. But this is the exception to the norm. After attacks from every form of media and non-believing sector of society, some folks get down right aggressive! So, a little bit heated is a far cry from hatred fueled anger that is thrown our way nearly every time we open our mouths!

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I think that religion and science need to co-exist.

They do and they go back a long way. It's that third wheel that messes up
the whole ride ?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Megatronus
reply to post by spartacus699

Those 3 are easy.

A) thats crap, athiests dont't just have a beef with christianity. Personally i think all religious doctrine is equally as warped. Most athiests tend to be western though, christianity is the religion the have to deal with most. Christianity is going to be the one they know better. the reason they are mai ly western is that not beleiving in god in quite a few eastern countires can be a death penalty.

B) because most athiests have studdied the bible or at least been brought up reading it. I have read it several times. If im not going to beleive in something and state publicly I think its made up and man made, im going to make sure i have read it and understood it first.

C) thats just human nature. Religious folk are just as bad if not worse. Trying to run around convincing athiests there is a god then threatening us with hell because we don't believe. People on both sides do it so pointing the finger a athiests for it is pretty laughable.

Most Christians do not threaten with hell, we warn of hell. Christians have no power to send a person to hell. It is the sinners own decision to accept or reject salvation.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Athiesm has become a ridiculous and embarrassing and ignorant spectacle of insulting christians all over the internet.They also insult christians intelligence as if they are sub human beings or some kind of freaks of nature or something it has gotten so nasty and disgusting anymore with a lot of atheist mainly on the internet.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

They never existed side by side.... Science was a slave to the Religious conglomerate.

Science was forced to lie and hide their findings in order to protect their neck.

What Atheist do now is trying to get rid of every single grasp of region in Governments and other public things...

For people who have have beliefs?.. i don't really care, let them believe whatever they want to believe. Something with drug users, let them do whatever makes them happy.

As long as they don't harm anyone.
edit on 9/3/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
If you ask me why people of Christian faith ( not of denominational effect or organization ) become upset with atheists is the same reason atheist become upset with Christians is the lack of understanding of personal understanding. Each persons beliefs are personal and based on either real or perceived thoughts and experiences. And the personal reason I get upset at both groups is the apparent lack of insight to what is at HAND. Our survival on this created planet ( however you see how or when it was created is of no consequence ) we now create a world of pragmatic dogma in every camp with nary an open eye between their head and their butt and if they did think they had their eye open they would be looking through the darkness of their own arse. We are a manipulated and illiterate society that thinks we have any answer found by looking at only one side or by listening to hate mongers. All those who actually read the bible tend to interpret it EXACTLY the only way they can, and serves as a mirror as to whom interprets it as who they are or perceive . Christianity is not Catholicism or a denomination or even any other pagan or otherwise philosophy, it is a choice to believe in Christ and his teachings , not belief in someone's commentary about him. Atheism is also a choice , but often is equally discredited as commentary as it clearly is belief of personal choice . But alas everyone seems to stick with personal and forgets we live in a whole world of personals. I could go on about various dos and donts but I'd be just talking to myself. The agenda though,,throughout the world is conflict and control and not about resolution. Certain facts seem to escape every camp or quickly forgotten in order to resume the enterprise of selfish gain. I wish you all good luck in your individual journeys towards the light of day subdued by the anus which firmly grips us about the neck. May we all feel the freedom of the light of day and cast off the burdens of this world for solutions towards a functioning understanding of each other and become worthy of all good things given to us by each other .

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well seeing that all Christians are believers and priests unto the Lord, that would make us all members of The Church. So yes, I am under the influence of the Church. But I am not unfamiliar with chakra stimulation. I used to practice a form of it, and ran into "benevolent" entities that turned out to be demonic because of my faith in Christ. I have a friend that still practices chakra stimulation, and on several accounts, he became possessed and very violent. I think this happened because he has no faith in Christ. He is not a violent person. Im sure this doesnt happen in all cases, but demons are attracted to chakra stimulation.

Do you believe that Jesus died for our sins? And that He is a member of the Trinity as the son of God?

Im just curious.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Do you believe that Jesus died for our sins? And that He is a member of the Trinity as the son of God?

Im just curious.

technically that's a trick question...

IF I say no then im under the influence of a demon... correct?

Apparently a spirit under the influence of said entity will never admit such things...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Dude, your perception of God is all twisted. God is not homophobic, the people who may represent him are! It is always the people that represent God that turn others away with false presentation. "God hates gays" is it God himself that states this? No! It is the ignorant many within the human race that does. Humans are fallible, so why have your judgement impared by any one? As far as I am aware, the soul is gender less, our bodies are vessels that determine sex. Gay marriage is seen as beautiful in the eyes of God. What is love but the pure essence of our creator? We do not have a spiteful God, yes he places obstacles in our paths , but it is to mold and shape our character for the better. The same way that we as humans are always changing, I am sure that the mentality of God changes along with the times. God is understanding, not constricting by nature. Why knock something that you yourself haven't tried to invest in fully? I'm not saying to be religious, because religion causes wars and causes animosity amongst everyone! Religion was set out to divide, but just know that there is a creator who made everyone for a greater cosmic purpose! The universal alignment is far too great to have just been an accident, or to have started from nothing. Don't allow others to corrupt your spirit. Even those in "high" religious positions give off false information about God.
I'm sure i won't get anything through to you, but just know that the image that society paints about God is not true because the pure essence of our creator has been tainted by human opinion and beliefs! So yes it is hard to believe when it all seems contaminated! Once you extract the core and reach the source, that is when you will find peace.

Best,
- UnknwnUsr

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Well seeing that all Christians are believers and priests unto the Lord, that would make us all members of The Church. So yes, I am under the influence of the Church. But I am not unfamiliar with chakra stimulation. I used to practice a form of it, and ran into "benevolent" entities that turned out to be demonic because of my faith in Christ. I have a friend that still practices chakra stimulation, and on several accounts, he became possessed and very violent. I think this happened because he has no faith in Christ. He is not a violent person. Im sure this doesnt happen in all cases, but demons are attracted to chakra stimulation.

Im just curious.

The concept of the trinity is not found in scripture. In fact, trinities are related to chakra stimulation in the Kabbalah.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

reply to post by Akragon

Im just curious.

The concept of the trinity is not found in scripture. In fact, trinities are related to chakra stimulation in the Kabbalah.

Reference please?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
The world isn't ending my friend... This is NOT "end times" despite what you might believe...

I dunno ... considering what the idiots in charge of the world are doing in Syria ... that could really grow some legs and end the world as we know it. It has potential ..

I even have people coming to my door trying to convince me the rapture is coming soon...

When we lived in Alabama those folks were my favorites.
Easily debunked with their own bible.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Kabbalah - the REAL Origin of the Trinity Doctrine.

Also look up pictures of the Kabbalah's tree of life(I can not currently post the picture here). It is made up of three trinities and one unknowable god. Binah, Kether, Chokmah being one of them.

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If it is true that God made man in his own image and likeness and endowed him with free will then isn't it logical then that man was created by God using a part of himself?

So if man is part of the essence of God then how can God forgive a man's sin? Since God can not sin then how is it man can? If man can sin then it must be that God can sin. In either case God can not forgive.

And then there is the issue of free will. Free will isn't free will if there are any restrictions or punishment attached to it.

If this is the word of God, why do you not believe Him? Why do you give credence to a religion who insist that you are a sinner and God has a conditional ego?
edit on 3-9-2013 by joer4x4 because:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Im just curious.

technically that's a trick question...

IF I say no then im under the influence of a demon... correct?

Apparently a spirit under the influence of said entity will never admit such things...

Not a trick question unless you are tricking yourself. Im trying to see if we both hold Jesus to the Trinitarian view and as the Lamb of God. If you dont share my view of Jesus, then we are debating two completely independent systems of faith. I see the bible as a closed unit. Therefore, it would be wrong to mix it with eastern spiritism.

Sounds to me like you choose what you want from the bible. Thats not Christianity. The bible does teach that satan and his fallen angels can masquerade as angels of light. Thats a direct warning against familiar spirits. Jesus also said that repetative utterances in prayer is wrong, so repeating mantras for chakra activation opens the potential for demon influence and even possession.

So if you believe in the same Jesus that I do, you would realize that charkra stimulation is like playing with fire. Tantamount to soul masturbation.

So if you see Jesus as a mere "Ascended Master", then the question does not directly pertain to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join