It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Atheist: A reason Christians get heated when defending their belief.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Feelings are not a reliable test of anything and have nothing in common with reality. I see a lot of special pleading here because the premise of your thread is somewhat flimsy. The reason that many theists 'get angry' is because they they have little control over said feelings and are in total servitude of their imaginations. The type of imagination whose pillars crumble when put under the weight of scrutiny.

IRM

This is exactly what I mean, you do not understand when we say this feeling is unnatural,

If God created the universe, wouldn't those feelings be natural?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
the same reason an athiest gets heated when you trample on his "intellectually" superior (dis)belief system

Lol intellectually superior...Oh so Macro-evolution is Intellectually superior.....um no it is not observable...you have Faith that mirco-evolution becomes macro-evolution overtime even though the fossil record and certain studies with animals like fruit flies that reproduce quickly have never produced evidence that this is the case......so you base you thoughts on faith just as we do, and the fact that we study the Bible doesn't make us incapable of Science and Logic so why don't you get off you high horse and quit posting immature ignorant comments that make you look like an a**

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k

Feelings are not a reliable test of anything and have nothing in common with reality. I see a lot of special pleading here because the premise of your thread is somewhat flimsy. The reason that many theists 'get angry' is because they they have little control over said feelings and are in total servitude of their imaginations. The type of imagination whose pillars crumble when put under the weight of scrutiny.

IRM

This is exactly what I mean, you do not understand when we say this feeling is unnatural,

No because it is a connection between your spirit and the Holy Spirit. Our spirit is not of the natural world, so no this is not a natural occurrence. Please don't think that just because I said I felt something special that it was something I felt with my mind or my body.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

IRM

No because it is a connection between your spirit and the Holy Spirit. Our spirit is not of the natural world, so no this is not a natural occurrence. Please don't think that just because I said I felt something special that it was something I felt with my mind or my body.

Then how did you feel it? Through your soul? What, is that like a tingling feeling or what?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

the same reason an athiest gets heated when you trample on his "intellectually" superior (dis)belief system

Lol intellectually superior...Oh so Macro-evolution is Intellectually superior.....um no it is not observable...you have Faith that mirco-evolution becomes macro-evolution overtime even though the fossil record and certain studies with animals like fruit flies that reproduce quickly have never produced evidence that this is the case......so you base you thoughts on faith just as we do, and the fact that we study the Bible doesn't make us incapable of Science and Logic so why don't you get off you high horse and quit posting immature ignorant comments that make you look like an a**

so you base you thoughts on faith just as we do,
high horse and quit posting immature ignorant comments that make you look like an a**

Science is based on Evidence.
Religion is based on Faith.

Evidence is NOT faith. Clearly you know this.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

our personal relationship with Him is what makes it so hard to sway our opinion, and most of us won't share these experiences with you out of fear of ridicule and disbelief.

Orthodox jews were doing the same thing 2000 years ago. Many did believe in Yeshua, but they were more afraid of being excommunicated from synogogue so they kept their mouths shut. They loved the praises of men more than the praises of their God.

If you or anyone else fears being ridiculed, just wait until the sword is hanging over your necks because that day is fast approaching as Islam bears down on us.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

IRM

Then how did you feel it? Through your soul? What, is that like a tingling feeling or what?

Indescribable, but yes I can feel my soul, and I guess you could say I felt it through my soul, but I am my soul so it doesnt really make sense to word it that way.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ParasuvO

I don't really understand what you're saying here. Is God, in your opinion being used by man as a fear tactic on us?

You have freed people from the loop?

Are you saying that the belief of God, Christ and The Holy Spirit is nothing more than a network that fired in our brain?

I don't follow religion. I follow our Creator. I don't listen to man, I am guided by The Holy Spirit. I follow the Church of Christ, not of bricks and rocks.

An idle mind is the play ground of the fallen.

Romans 8:6-8 "For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so; and those who are in the flesh cannot please God."

If anyone have THE TRUE fellowship with God, in spirit, no man could turn them away. If people who were believers in God were swayed by powerful words of the flesh, they never experienced the Almighty Living Word, yet. Only if they had chance to grow (listen & hear), seek, obey and trust, they would have received The Living Word.

Some have to work harder than others to receive The Living Word. And some who have turned away will eventually turn back to God. There's no denying The Holy Spirit working on earth, no matter the deceivers and their wise words of the flesh.

Spirit vs flesh - Which will be victorious?
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: spelling

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Reike is not a Christian practice, and it is not of the Holy Spirit. There are other spirits out there trying to immitate the Holy Spirit. By this I mean fallen angels. Christianity does not derive its spirituallity from miricle work, but from the daily intake of the Word of God and by walking in the power of the Holy Spirit. So to compare non-biblical spiritism to true Biblical Spirituality is like comparing apples to oranges. The fact that so many Christians focus on the experience rather than the Word of God is evident in the decline of Christian spirituality.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

high horse and quit posting immature ignorant comments that make you look like an a**

Exactly and Macro-evolution has no evidence, actually its has almost irrefutable evidence against it logically and scientifically, so for those who think MACRO-evolution is how we arrived the were we are to day are basing it on faith not Science.

And please dont try to argue this I have been on the origins vs creationism thread any evidence you post will be an example of micro evolution which you will then claim is macro-evolution on a smaller scale, which is not the case, and you'll disagree because your faith in macro-evolution is to strong and I'll disagree because my faith in God is to strong, and we will just have a huge circular argument so lets skip that.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Hm, well I am glad you are content my friend and if you have made up your mind then good, but I do not believe you have the whole story. I believe you have a different belief than I, and I can accept that but there is no reason to ridicule my belief just because it says you are wrong.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Exactly and Macro-evolution has no evidence, actually its has almost irrefutable evidence against it logically and scientifically, so for those who think MACRO-evolution is how we arrived the were we are to day are basing it on faith not Science.

And please dont try to argue this I have been on the origins vs creationism thread any evidence you post will be an example of micro evolution which you will then claim is macro-evolution on a smaller scale, which is not the case, and you'll disagree because your faith in macro-evolution is to strong and I'll disagree because my faith in God is to strong, and we will just have a huge circular argument so lets skip that.

We haven't even begun to argue and you are already drawing conclusions. This is why I don't argue in the religion forum. You have nothing to worry about, I could debate, but that would waste my time.
edit on 2-9-2013 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

IRM

What is natural/unnatural depends on view/the beholder. Would you not be most natural in the highest state like Adam in the garden of Eden? Just because it is not normal human experience does not make it unnatural.

I choose to look at it as this connection is the normal state of being that humanity has forgotten/lost and what we call normal (the lack of the connection) is in fact abnormal. In gods reality/garden/wholeness everything is normal. That we call it supernatural is only our ignorance to what really is.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BELIEVERpriest
The fact that so many Christians focus on the experience rather than the Word of God is evident in the decline of Christian spirituality.

Truth as it is. Major

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Reike is not a Christian practice, and it is not of the Holy Spirit. There are other spirits out there trying to immitate the Holy Spirit. By this I mean fallen angels. Christianity does not derive its spirituallity from miricle work, but from the daily intake of the Word of God and by walking in the power of the Holy Spirit. So to compare non-biblical spiritism to true Biblical Spirituality is like comparing apples to oranges. The fact that so many Christians focus on the experience rather than the Word of God is evident in the decline of Christian spirituality.

I would say it is of the holy spirit since it is connected to chakra that is what god changes when god does the saving but your mind is made up so let's just say we disagree.

And thank you for your post. You made me smile and laught.

edit on 2-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I just said I agree. However, I do not agree when you say I am trying to outwit God, I am merely trying to listen to the signs he gives us, and the Bible tells us he will give us signs when his time is near.

38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

I just said I agree. However, I do not agree when you say I am trying to outwit God, I am merely trying to listen to the signs he gives us, and the Bible tells us he will give us signs when his time is near.

38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.

39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:

reference pleAse

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Being an Atheist has nothing to do with logic. It is the simple reality of refusing to believe in any so called "deity". It is a simple concept that gets twisted into being highly complicated by people that are not aware of this fact. Enjoy your faith. That is your own personal business. I draw the line when arrogant proselytizers want to waste my valuable time trying to convert me to "faith" when I believe "faith" in a deity is totally superfluous.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

I would say it is of the holy spirit since it is connected to chakra that is what god changes when god does the saving but your mind is made up so let's just say we disagree.

And thank you for your post. You made me smile and laught.

edit on 2-9-2013 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

I dont deny that chakrahs exist, but to my knowledge, the bible never tells us to directly activate them. My hypothesis it that God used the charkrahs in the past to communicate and work through us, but due to the sin nature which limits our abilities, I dont think we should be playing with our chakrahs before the ressurection. Evil spirits can fool us by stimulating our chakrahs.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

reference pleAse

The gospels brother...

The only books i quote from the bible...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join