It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Atheist: A reason Christians get heated when defending their belief.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

There will never be a time in the history of our planet where tons of people will just up and disappear...

And how do you know that? Did Walmart get a freak shipment of Magic Eight Balls?

Though telling that to a christian is almost pointless

It most certainly is. So why are you doing it?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

You see the thing is they will never be able to disprove anything in the Bible, however, all it takes is one act of God and all their Science goes to hell. For example when the rapture occurs these people will be the first ones realizing what they missed

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ServantOfTheLamb

reply to post by ServantOfTheLamb

Thanks man... But i don't need any links about the rapture...

I know all about it... And like i said its barely biblical.

There will never be a time in the history of our planet where tons of people will just up and disappear... Believe whatever you like though...

We're here til we die... All of us... Like it or not...

We're on our own... And we always have been...

Get used to it... Cause that will never change.

Oh... And i wouldn't put much faith in the book of revelation in any case...

If you are going to say the rapture isn't Biblical back it up. I said it was Biblical and backed it up with sources, which you chose to ignore, why don't you do the same?

And if the rapture did happen I bet you and the Book of Revelations would get along nicely.
edit on 2-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

I don't need to back anything up, simply because im
Not here to convince you of anything... Believe whatever you like... I couldn't care less.

This debate has been raging on for centuries... Some fanatical christian sets a date for the rapture to happen... Gets everyone all worked up... Nothing happens... And the date gets pushed back a few years.... And this happens over and over and over....

No man knows the hour... Do you not Remember that passage?

Feel free to get all heated about it though... Its nothing new...

edit on 2-9-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by NthOther

There will never be a time in the history of our planet where tons of people will just up and disappear...

And how do you know that? Did Walmart get a freak shipment of Magic Eight Balls?

It most certainly is. So why are you doing it?

The flying spagetti monster told me... People don't just disappear like a fart in the wind...

And i was "doing it" for conversation sake...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
People from all religions experience this connection spoken of.
Consider that for a moment though...You experience this connection, this knowing that its right...ok, great..
But so does the other guy whom has a completely opposite religious doctrain, and the 3rd guy whom doesn't even exist in the same pantheon
Then the scientologist, then, etc.

Its feelings, and like being totally in love with someone, you also feel they totally love you back..but that isn't some proof of them loving you back, that is just a hope because its how you feel. End of the day, Jennifer Lawrence may not love me (nonsense, just an example, I know she totally loves me).

Because it can't be the feeling of being right...else your religion alone would be the only one that experiences that..and its not.

So...stop fooling yourself.
And yes, plenty of Atheists have felt that before when they were theists, and they also had enough mind to put perspective on it after awhile.

Human psychology.

Is there something bigger than us? Maybe, maybe not, I hope so, but until there is evidence, there is no need to believe...hope? sure. believe? why? It may make you feel better I suppose, and that's as good as any reason to keep it up
But keep in mind, people also drink because it makes them feel better...is it truly making the world a better place because they drink, or are they just numbing over the real work it will take to make the world a better place by drinking to a delusion...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

WOW, what respect you show. Are you this dis-respectfull to people face to face? Are you really this intollerant and dis-respectfull to people JUST because they have a different belief.

Im quite shocked at your response. You seem angry for some reason?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Yo Lamb chop! I can agree with ya that does atheist are wrong about our faith in Christianity. Does this make them evil? No! But they're misguided and being led to hell.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

There will never be a time in the history of our planet where tons of people will just up and disappear... Believe whatever you like though...

I understand you have issues with the Bible but you seem to be quite abusive when telling us how wrong we are and implying we are stupid. You were the same with me the other day. What is wrong with a little respect and understanding? Wouldnt that make this world a little nicer? You have an aggressive way of getting your views accross which doesn't really encourage people to really listen to what you are actually trying to say. Are you like this face to face to people too. Im sure not as some people would not let you speak to then the way you do on here. Me included sunshine!! You come accross as an angry teenager...is this the case?
edit on 2-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

People don't just disappear like a fart in the wind...

Why not? You don't know that. Your priests (scientists) told you that, and you believe them because you think they know better than you do. But, if you're honest with yourself, you really have no idea whether a mass disappearing act is possible or not. None of us do.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by greavsie1971

I understand you have issues with the Bible but you seem to be quite abusive when telling us how wrong we are and implying we are stupid. You were the same with me the other day. What is wrong with a little respect and understanding? Wouldnt that make this world a little nicer? You have an aggressive way of getting your views accross which doesn't really encourage people to really listen to what you are actually trying to say. Are you like this face to face to people too. Im sure not as some people would not let you speak to then the way you do on here. Me included sunshine!! You come accross as an angry teenager...is this the case?
edit on 2-9-2013 by greavsie1971 because: (no reason given)

angry? Nuuu...

I've just been dealing with fanatical christians for years... Just about everytime someone finds their faith in "the good book"... They seem to get it in their head that they need to try to save everyone and warn them about this coming doom... Here and in real life...

Then i get assumptions about who i am stuffed in my face... It gets old...

You assume im a teenager... An athiest... Some moron bent on dissing christian beliefs... Some guy that has no idea what the bible is all about.... I've been through it all hundreds of times...

Feel free to assume anything you like... It matters not... I merely point out that the rapture is similar to believing in a talking snake or donkey... Both of which are in your book.

There is a certian reality to the bible... But its not based on illogical fairy tales...

Perhaps one day you'll figure that out... Though it seems that not everyone is meant to understand

Originally posted by NthOther

People don't just disappear like a fart in the wind...

Why not? You don't know that. Your priests (scientists) told you that, and you believe them because you think they know better than you do. But, if you're honest with yourself, you really have no idea whether a mass disappearing act is possible or not. None of us do.

Well.... Until someone disappears in real life i think i'll stick with logic rather then mythological stories...

My priests eh...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   

And if the rapture did happen I bet you and the Book of Revelations would get along nicely.

When the rapture happens, it will be too late. There are no second chances. No pre-trib rapture.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Just about everytime someone finds their faith in "the good book"... They seem to get it in their head that they need to try to save everyone and warn them about this coming doom... Here and in real life...

That is what Jesus commanded us to do. In Matthew 28:19-20. It was Jesus Himself, not Paul.

Well.... Until someone disappears in real life i think i'll stick with logic rather then mythological stories...

Christ disappeared...

Acts 1:9 KJV
[9] And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

edit on 2-9-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

If you are going to say the rapture isn't Biblical back it up. I said it was Biblical and backed it up with sources, which you chose to ignore, why don't you do the same?

Not here to convince you of anything... Believe whatever you like... I couldn't care less.

This debate has been raging on for centuries... Some fanatical christian sets a date for the rapture to happen... Gets everyone all worked up... Nothing happens... And the date gets pushed back a few years.... And this happens over and over and over....

i agree no man knows the day or hour. However, a good bit of scholars believe the rapture will occur during rosh, a two day festival meaning tada it would be impossible to know the day or hour only a time frame. Not to mention the rapture is based off human choice, the full number of believers has to be reached.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

When the rapture happens, it will be too late. There are no second chances. No pre-trib rapture.

I am sorry my friend but I do not agree, however I would like to know why you believe there is no pretribe rapture.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

And sir if you will read my threads I state that they are only theories, and that God has put it on me that the Church doesn't have much time left, and if I am wrong then I am wrong tis but a theory. The good thing is our take on the rapture doesn't have any merit on our salvation high five.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

i agree no man knows the day or hour. However, a good bit of scholars believe the rapture will occur during rosh, a two day festival meaning tada it would be impossible to know the day or hour only a time frame. Not to mention the rapture is based off human choice, the full number of believers has to be reached.

Hmm... That sounds like watchtower doctrine...

So christian scholars tell you an aprox. date.... And your book says no one knows when...

So you choose to believe the scholars?

Interesting...

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by truejew

I am sorry my friend but I do not agree.

Five foolish virgins did not receive a second chance...

Matthew 25:1-12 KJV
[1] Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. [2] And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. [3] They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: [4] But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. [5] While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. [6] And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. [7] Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. [8] And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. [9] But the wise answered, saying, Not so ; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. [10] And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut. [11] Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us. [12] But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Im not sure that relating personal experience has anything to do with evangelism. Eternal life is gained through faith in christ. Its a gift, therefore you dont have to ask for salvation. You cant invite christ into your heart, it simply doesnt work that way. You have to aproach the cross with faith alone.

Im was saved around the age of twelve. I really dont have much of a salvation experience to share. The gospel was taught to me, I acknowledged it to be true, and as a result, I was saved. I didnt feel like singing and dancing, no warm gooey feeling in side. Thats not to say that anyone elses experience is somehow illegitament, it just doesnt prove anything.

After a few years, I decided to part ways with God. I was still saved, just apathetical. That is when God punished me with the consequences of my own decisions. It wasnt until I went back to His Word that I began to learn and grow. Christianity is about executing God's personal plan for your life. Emotional experiences will come and go, but they do not help nor hinder God's plan.

So, its pretty usless to try and evangelize by attaching your personal experience to the gospel message. When I was saved, there wasnt a shred of evidence presented to me to prove the gospel true. I just accepted it. It wasnt until I started looking for the answers that i realized that the bible presents a logical truth that is untouchable.

The point is, any one from a fool to a genius can be saved by believing that Jesus willingly died on the cross for our sins. Believe it and you are saved. The proof comes with growth in the Word.

You can present all the proof you can find to these "intelectuals". But no matter how hard you try, you cant make them believe the truth.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

And sir if you will read my threads I state that they are only theories, and that God has put it on me that the Church doesn't have much time left, and if I am wrong then I am wrong tis but a theory. The good thing is our take on the rapture doesn't have any merit on our salvation high five.

It is time for you to put away your theories and stick to Scripture. The five foolish virgins found the coming of the Lord to be salvational.

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Again just theories.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join