It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To the Atheist: A reason Christians get heated when defending their belief.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb
I just kinda wanted to write this thread to shed a little light on why we get on here and try bombarding you with these logic games and facts and blah blah blah....one reason is you claim that is all you adhere to so we try and show the logical things and facts we believe support the belief, however, when we do this we leave out a major reason that we believe in God, and that is the feeling that is experienced when one ask the Lord to save them from their sins. I have no doubt every Christian knows the exact feeling that I am talking about, and that once they felt it that was the day they decided, "I will never not believe in you again." So, while you may think "oh this definitely disproves the Bible as the word of God," our personal relationship with Him is what makes it so hard to sway our opinion, and most of us won't share these experiences with you out of fear of ridicule and disbelief.
edit on 2-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

I never got that feeling, though I am Christian.
What is that feeling like, why did I miss out, am I on my own.
Feelings tell lies more often than not.
I dont think Christianity rely s on feelings

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Yes, Jesus was crucified AFTER THE 69TH WEEK, meaning BEFORE THE 70TH WEEK. Where does it say he was crucified in the MIDDLE of the 70th week??? You are morbidly distorting scripture.

Do you still consider yourself a sinner?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

borntowatch

Before I answer what does the word Christian mean to you personally?

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

borntowatch

What does it mean or what is it

What does it mean, one who believes in Jesus
What is it, well it is a person who accepts that Jesus is God, died and forgave their sins, has faith in Gods works on the cross for them. Irrespective of how they live their lives.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
You know what would help Christians'?

If you stopped quoting the bible and started to think for yourselves.

Anything that people say about your religion, instead of saying something from your heart or mind, you quote scripture. Its souless.

So start there. Think for yourself, QUESTION EVERYTHING, that includes your own bible and beliefs.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

Yes, Jesus was crucified AFTER THE 69TH WEEK, meaning BEFORE THE 70TH WEEK. Where does it say he was crucified in the MIDDLE of the 70th week??? You are morbidly distorting scripture.

After the 69th week, comes the 70th week. If Christ was crucified after the 69th week, it was during the 70th week. Later on, in verse 27, Daniel says the midst of the 70th week.

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

truejew

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

After the 69th week, comes the 70th week. If Christ was crucified after the 69th week, it was during the 70th week. Later on, in verse 27, Daniel says the midst of the 70th week.

Yes the 70th week comes after.....anyone who can count knows that 69 comes after 70. Where does it say that the weeks are consecutive? Where does it say he was crucified in the middle? I see verse 27 referring to the anti-christ breaking his promise to Israel after the seven year treaty...I have yet to see you back anything up with scripture....

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   

borntowatch

ServantOfTheLamb

borntowatch

What is it, well it is a person who accepts that Jesus is God, died and forgave their sins, has faith in Gods works on the cross for them. Irrespective of how they live their lives.

You are leaving out a crucial part. You must accept the Holy Spirit into your heart. The feeling I speak of is the Holy Spirit becoming part of me. I am not saying you haven't done this, but I have never met a Christian who doesn't know what I mean when I speak about this feeling. I am still over taken by the Spirit on occasion. The same unique feeling occurs every time. Like I said it might not be universal, but you are the first to tell me they don't know the feeling I speak of.

The connection with the Holy Spirit is what gives us the once saved always saved philosophy.

Ephesians 1:13-14

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
edit on 12-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

truejew

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

You seem to be forgeting that a week of years is 7 year. Jesus was crucified at the close of the 69th week of years. Therefore, there are still 7 years pending fulfillment.

The person making the 7 year covenant with Israel is the False Prophet on behalf of the Beast. This is confirmed in Isaiah 28:18, 2 Thes 2:4, and Rev 13:5.

Rev 13:5 describes the fullfilment of the breaking of the covenant in mid week.

Nowhere esle in the bible is the even a hint that Jesus makes a week long covenant with anyone. His covenant is eternal.

Ill ask again, do you still sin from time to time like the rest of the human race???

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

borntowatch

ServantOfTheLamb

borntowatch

You are leaving out a crucial part. You must accept the Holy Spirit into your heart. The feeling I speak of is the Holy Spirit becoming part of me. I am not saying you haven't done this, but I have never met a Christian who doesn't know what I mean when I speak about this feeling. I am still over taken by the Spirit on occasion. The same unique feeling occurs every time. Like I said it might not be universal, but you are the first to tell me they don't know the feeling I speak of.

The connection with the Holy Spirit is what gives us the once saved always saved philosophy.

Ephesians 1:13-14

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14 who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
edit on 12-9-2013 by ServantOfTheLamb because: (no reason given)

Mormons get a FEELING of a burning of the bosom, makes your feeling a little wishy washy.
I am not a Calvanist, not even consider once saved always saved, its ridiculous, go study that doctrine, or just ask

Did the thief/murderer on the cross next to Christ receive the Holy Spirit, and evidence to back it up would be nice, think and consider
Is the Holy Spirit a gift?
Lets go deeper, far deeper if you have the courage

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

ServantOfTheLamb

truejew

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

Yes the 70th week comes after.....anyone who can count knows that 69 comes after 70. Where does it say that the weeks are consecutive? Where does it say he was crucified in the middle? I see verse 27 referring to the anti-christ breaking his promise to Israel after the seven year treaty...I have yet to see you back anything up with scripture....

Where does it say that there will be a gap?

There is no Antichrist mentioned in the 70 weeks. Only Christ and the prince (Titus 70 AD). The focus in the 70 weeks prophecy never leaves Christ. The prince never receives the focus

Christ fulfills the six purposes of the 70 weeks. Christ destroys the temple by using Titus. Christ appointed the city to desolations. Christ is crucified in the midst of the 70th week which takes away His animal sacrifices.

Daniel 9:24 Seventy weeks have been determined upon thy people, and upon the holy city, for sin to be ended, and to seal up transgressions, and to blot out the iniquities, and to make atonement for iniquities, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal the vision and the prophet, and to anoint the Most Holy.

25 And thou shalt know and understand, that from the going forth of the command for the answer and for the building of Jerusalem until Christ the prince there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks; and then the time shall return, and the street shall be built, and the wall, and the times shall be exhausted.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations.

27 And one week shall establish the covenant with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away: and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations; and at the end of time an end shall be put to the desolation.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

You seem to be forgeting that a week of years is 7 year. Jesus was crucified at the close of the 69th week of years. Therefore, there are still 7 years pending fulfillment.

No. Jesus was crucified after the 69th week, not at the end of.

It says that in one week Christ will establish the covenant with many. It does not say that the covenant lasts only one week.
edit on 13-9-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

You are totally ignoring the verses I provided. And you still havnt answered me. I believe I am still a sinner. Are you a sinner?

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by BELIEVERpriest

Learn what Daniel 9:24-27 says. After that we can move on to other scriptures.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Its relavent to Dan 9:24-27. Are you or are you not a sinner? Stop dodging.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

Its relavent to Dan 9:24-27. Are you or are you not a sinner? Stop dodging.

The only scripture that you mentioned that fits with Daniel 9:24-27 is Esaias 28:18. The other two have to do with the end times, not the coming of Christ. However, adding Esaias 28:18 to the discussion is not going to do any good when you can't even read/understand Daniel 9:24-27.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Thanks for your opinion on Isaiah, but where else in the bible does it say that Jesus died mid 70th week? The bible always repeats itself to confirm the truth. For example, Jesus refered to Daniel 9 when He spoke about the abomination of desolation (to occur in the middle of the 70th week per Revelation). If Jesus did died in the 70th week as you insist, there must be more biblical support to make the case.

I get the feeling that you are avoiding my question, because the answer will contradict your preterist doctrine.

posted on Sep, 13 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

Thanks for your opinion on Isaiah, but where else in the bible does it say that Jesus died mid 70th week?

The Gospels are the evidence that Jesus was crucified in the midst of the 70th week as prophesied.

BELIEVERpriest

I get the feeling that you are avoiding my question, because the answer will contradict your preterist doctrine.

I do not teach preterism. I teach post trib. The 70 weeks is a messianic prophecy and has nothing to do with the end times
edit on 13-9-2013 by truejew because: Spelling

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Look. Just quit beating around the bush. Either make your case with other scriptural verses, or stop posting. All you have done is call me an antichrist and made unfounded claims. You have called Jesus a liar by claiming that you have to work for salvation, and you blaspheme the the Holy Spirit by denying His individuality from Jesus. You can practice whatever religious system you want, but dont call yourself a Christian based on Salvation by Works.

Salvation is a gift from God. You CAN NOT work for it. Work comes after salvation, and it is for spiritual maturity, not salvation. If you believe in salvation by faith+works, you are not saved. The idea is not christian. This is proven by your constant slander against the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. You must rely on Jesus entirely. No amount of your best work is acceptable from you or any other human in God's eyes.

And you still will not tell me if you consider yourself a sinner or not.

You need to start from square one: "Believe on the Son and you shall be saved."

Notice how it doesnt say "Believe on the Son and do some community service, and you shall be saved".

posted on Sep, 14 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

BELIEVERpriest
reply to post by truejew

Look. Just quit beating around the bush. Either make your case with other scriptural verses, or stop posting.

Why do I need to use other verses to teach what Daniel 9:24-27 says? I believe that when it says "after" it means "after" not "during". More verses is not going to help you understand that.

BELIEVERpriest

All you have done is call me an antichrist and made unfounded claims.

You do confuse what Jesus did with the Antichrist and say that it was YHWH who came in the flesh.

BELIEVERpriest

You have called Jesus a liar by claiming that you have to work for salvation,

Jesus said that you must be born again of water and the Spirit. You are the one saying that is not necessary.

BELIEVERpriest

and you blaspheme the the Holy Spirit by denying His individuality from Jesus.

Your polytheism is against scripture.

It seems like you cannot convince me that "after" means "during" and have now lowered yourself to false accusations to cover that up.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join